Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

No..this is a penny stock that is in the ecommerce, fintech for cannabis. They are working with Hyper which is one the leading payment and banking companies. Hyper is powering Dutchie which is backed by Snoops VC firm, Casa Verde.  I've worked with these companies in the cannabis space, so I'm extremely interested. 

Re: BLPG

The original post about this was shortly before I mentioned it as a lotto play, and I missed it. I think it's a sign that two FBG who don't know each other brought up this same random OTC penny stock today. Gents, it's going to the moon. Thanks for the DD on Snoops VC firm being sort of a related entity. My intrigue is definitely behind the main BLPG owner also being the owner of Hypur - a legit payment processing system for high risk/heavy cash/heavily regulated industries - mostly, legal weed. BLPG started as a security firm of retired cops and detectives who offer protection to these companies that have to hold and transfer a ton of cash. There is some speculation that the Hypur owner will reverse merge Hypur into BLPG but that's just wild speculation at this point. What made me comfortable about BLPG is that even though they currently have a stop sign on OTC.com for delinquent filings they do have extensive financials dated 6/30/20 that show it is a real company with real revenues, real assets, of course real debt lol, etc. TO THE MOON!!!!!

Edited by NajehHejan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

The original post about this was shortly before I mentioned it as a lotto play, and I missed it. I think it's a sign that two FBG who don't know each other brought up this same random OTC penny stock today. Gents, it's going to the moon. Thanks for the DD on Snoops VC firm being sort of a related entity. My intrigue is definitely behind the main BLPG owner also being the owner of Hypur - a legit payment processing system for high risk/heavy cash/heavily regulated industries - mostly, legal weed. BLPG started as a security firm of retired cops and detectives who offer protection to these companies that have to hold and transfer a ton of cash. There is some speculation that the Hypur owner will reverse merge Hypur into BLPG but that's just wild speculation at this point. What made me comfortable about BLPG is that even though they currently have a stop sign on OTC.com for delinquent filings they do have extensive financials dated 6/30/20 that show it is a real company with real revenues, real assets, of course real debt lol, etc. TO THE MOON!!!!!

What are really expectations here?  The stock is not even a cent per share. Where could it go?

1 minute ago, Swaymoney said:

What are really expectations here?  The stock is not even a cent per share. Where could it go?

the beauty of these is that 1 cent is double a half a cent. Getting in really low on these is mostly a lotto play, but huge earnings potential. The way the OTC market has been going crazy lately, I don't see why this isn't the next one to fly. When to sell, of course, is the hard part. Take a look at CBBT, SFIO, ENZC and tell me how much % you'd be up had you bought at half a cent and held until now. These were all half a cent not that long ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

the beauty of these is that 1 cent is double a half a cent. Getting in really low on these is mostly a lotto play, but huge earnings potential. The way the OTC market has been going crazy lately, I don't see why this isn't the next one to fly. When to sell, of course, is the hard part. Take a look at CBBT, SFIO, ENZC and tell me how much % you'd be up had you bought at half a cent and held until now. These were all half a cent not that long ago.

Can't get it on Fidelity even though I've been approved for penny stocks.  

Interesting that Settled Cash does not equal Cash Available To Withdraw. I assume a freeze on cash acting as collateral for a written put, while waiting for the closure on that transaction (though not really impacting cash) to settle?

Edited by Sideshow Bob
Probably wine

4 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Same here.  I just chatted with them and they said the company has not provided enough information to allow them to trade.  I asked if it will be that way going forward and was told to just keep trying.  Weird...

6 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I can buy it on fidelity. 

Edited by Swaymoney

1 minute ago, identikit said:

Just tried on Fidelity.

No luck.

I wasn't sure about buying it, so didn't try. 

What is the expectation with it?

Edited by Swaymoney

Reading through some earnings transcripts for $ALSN, in October one questioner pointed out how they just finished completing a dedicated EV production facility in Michigan, and they wouldn’t have done that if they didn’t have customers lined up already. The CEO acknowledged but said he didn’t want to get ahead of the customers by announcing. That makes me think they have potential catalysts coming up when they announce them.

I’m going to go ahead and start a position on a down day since it seems to be sector-wide and keep studying. It’s gonna look weird in a portfolio filled with stuff like $CRWD, $SE, $FVRR, $NNOX, etc. but that’s not necessarily bad.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Capella said:

Tesla has me up a rack somehow. Only green one I have at the moment. 

cc: @jeffbezos

No idea what a rack means unless were are in Arizona world.

Still have a bunch green, including AMZN. A nice day overall, not quite yesterday but still real nice. BILI has been a nice surprise since I bought it in October.

13 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Reading through some earnings transcripts for $ALSN, in October one questioner pointed out how they just finished completing a dedicated EV production facility in Michigan, and they wouldn’t have done that if they didn’t have customers lined up already. The CEO acknowledged but said he didn’t want to get ahead of the customers by announcing. That makes me think they have potential catalysts coming up when they announce them.

I’m going to go ahead and start a position on a down day since it seems to be sector-wide and keep studying. It’s gonna look weird in a portfolio filled with stuff like $CRWD, $SE, $FVRR, $NNOX, etc. but that’s not necessarily bad.

Do you still have a position in TSN McB?

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

no, dropped them a long time ago. I posted it when it happened I think.

Just curious? Not a believer long term? They are still down quite a bit from where they were. Strictly talking about a hold here and not a trade.

3 minutes ago, steelerfan1 said:

Just curious? Not a believer long term? They are still down quite a bit from where they were. Strictly talking about a hold here and not a trade.

They just had too many headwinds with COVID. I don’t think you’ll see much price appreciation anytime soon but it’s a safe dividend. At my stage I decided I was better off looking for growth vs income, though. You might be somewhere else.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NajehHejan said:

This is the one hack and I could not buy thru Fidelity.

I just tried TDAm and was able to pick up a couple hundred thousand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NajehHejan said:

CLDR: They are finally projected to report a profit this year. Once that first ER comes out showing positive EPS, I think it will take off. I believe a lot are on the sidelines waiting for that time. Carl Icahn has a huge stake, almost 20% I think, and though he's not always right, his activist #### is heavily involved in getting them profitable. Great sales growth.

Good enough for me.  In for a 200. :thumbup:

Exited all gold positions earlier and have some cash to spread around.  Lesssssssssgoooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1

What is the smart play.  Had some solid gains on DMGGF MARA and RIOT do I take some off the table and if Bitcoin goes down over the weekend I can then buy some more at a lower price.  Do I just hold on to it and hope Bitcoin pops over 45K over the weekend.  Last weekend it popped off.  Who knows what can happen this weekend.  Would love some input.

17 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

How much growth is expected here?  In for long term or quick hitter?

17 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

6 hours ago, Todem said:

I played many gigs in Gainesville when I was 22-23 years old with my rock band in 1992/1993. Many many great nights of rock, women and other party favors. Yeah it is an awesome college town. The team is one of the best in the country. A very difficult team to make. He would have to be a preferred walk on. He has 2 years to get bigger, stronger and faster. My son is a classic middle infielder. And when I say classic I mean he will end up probably around 5’10-6’0 when he is done growing and a lean 155-160 pounds of muscle by 18 years old. A very good line drive hitter. Elite glove/hands but an average arm (2B/LF arm strength). His power will come later (when he get’s into his 20’s like most hitters). The competition in Florida is intense. Really intense. I give him a ton of credit for his persistence and hard work. He has a damn good work ethic. When he was 10 I told him “son, you're not going to ever be the biggest, strongest, or fastest guy out there. Hell you're never going to be the best athlete out there. So you know what that means?"  

"Time to get to work"

He took that to heart and has kept that attitude. A team player. A team hitter. He takes first pitch strikes down the heart of the plate so a teammate can steal. He will lay down the sac bunts without question. He will rally around his teammates no matter what. Every team needs a player like my son. The question comes down to....will he have enough to catch the eye of a college coach that believes in him and is not all about the combine and measurable’s. He will never raise eyebrow's with his 60 time or his arm velocity. What he will do is make every play, give high quality AB’s at least 50-60% of the time, hit for a good average and move base runners. Things that are not as valued anymore in a general sense. The game has changed a lot. A lot of D1 coaches want all 6’3-‘6’5 studs who hit bombs. Simple as that. Hence why I feel strongly he will find his place in a good D2 school and be able to play as a student athlete and then it is all about how much more he develops and grows. He is a classic late bloomer. He was 4’11 88 pounds entering his freshman year. Today he is 5’7 120 pounds mid way through his Sophomore year. I expect by this summer he adds another 3-4 inches in height and he is in the weight room 5-6 days a week. He is getting very strong. His exit velo off his bat is improving every month. Hitting laser beams to all fields. And of course his grades are fantastic. We work out on the field 2-3 days a week in the off-seasons (when not playing high school or summer ball) and it has been that way since he has been 4 years old. I played ball thru high school and 2 years of college. I went through the grind and had some good success as a left handed hitting 3B (throw right handed). But music (I am a long time guitarist) became a bigger passion for me in college and I lost that zest for the grind of baseball. Funny thing is my son is an incredibly talented progressive rock drummer. He loves it. He has that music as well to fall back on as his outlet if baseball eventually dries up for him.

Time will tell. Either way I am proud of him. He has a dream of playing MLB ball and I told him.....you keep playing until someone tells you, you can’t anymore. Then don’t give up.....try again until you feel you have done everything in your power to reach your goals. I told him the odds are stacked against any ball player making it to the Show but as long as you can look yourself in the mirror and know you gave it everything it will carry through the rest of your life. Just keep grinding if this is what you love and have passion for.

Sorry for getting off topic here.....

Stonks keep going up.

You should be proud I am here in Florida also and for your son to reach this level of play in Florida it took a lot of time, effort and hard work.  I have never seen the competitiveness for certain travel teams that I have seen here in Florida.  Continue to Be Pround and stocks go up.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Swaymoney said:

BLPG:

I usually try to get at least a double out of a penny but sometimes I hold for the home run. I could have sold SFIO at .08 and now it's down to .05 but I'm still holding for $1. Probably dumb on my part but I never put more than a grand or two in it usually so it's money I can lose all of and not kick myself too much

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Swaymoney said:

Who knows? Frankly, at this point, I just dancing in the froth.

But if it goes to $5, I'll make a million bucks

eta- I'm down $200 so far

Edited by cosjobs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

19 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

If you’re trying to buy Pink Sheets in Fidelity, do a limit order instead of a market order.

:banned:

You'd be insane to buy penny stock in market orders.

And Fidelity won't sell it until the have the company info required

• Like 1