What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

What have you guys done if you got tangled up in a reverse split? For example, the stock reverse splits and is trading ~100% lower than your new average...which seems miles apart.

What a day today.  At 3pm saw the insane volume on NDRA and DARE wanted to take a flyer with one for 500 shares into the close.  Both popped beautifully.  Today was a great day.  GEVO needs to fill some gaps ran way to hard today.  Hopefully Biden speaks about alternative energy at length tomorrow and gives another pop to GEVO.  Does not hurt that the founder of GEVO is now on Biden's Science Team.

Ground floor for me is still RBAC and GHIV. Based on nothing, both have room to grow. I hope  :scared:
RBAC had some weird moves last week. GHIV merges tomorrow IIRC vote is final tomorrow. I've seen several rounds of hype and bought a small share at some point. Let's see if anything starts happening tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would GHIV take off if RKT hasn’t done anything? Does the former do something much better than the latter? RKT at least has some name recognition but they’re stuck in neutral.

RBAC had some weird moves last week. GHIV merges tomorrow IIRC vote is final tomorrow. I've seen several rounds of hype and bought a small share at some point. Let's see if anything starts happening tomorrow.
Been busy so I hadn't noticed RBAC. 

I guess tomorrow would be the last day to get in on GHIV then. 

Now that you remind me, I hope the latter turns into a $LAZR and I can turn another solid gain in early this year.

Been busy so I hadn't noticed RBAC.
There are certainly some oddities in the SPAC market that I'm trying to figure out. Volume is so thin pre-announcement, it seemed like just a large call option order triggered an immediate move. I'm also trying to figure out why the warrants actually trade like they do. Even most merger, I don't understand why DNMR warrants of 11.50 trade at 11.85 when DNMR is at 29.79. Seems like some simple arbitrage to be made.

Why would GHIV take off if RKT hasn’t done anything? Does the former do something much better than the latter? RKT at least has some name recognition but they’re stuck in neutral.
As stated before, I'm not smart and drink a lot. 

I think GHIV comes down to FOMO while RKT is a known quantity and will stay sideways for a while. 

Either way, I'm up 15% and just waiting to do a SharknZima to move on.

:banned:

Well United has announced that they’ll be paying a dividend but I agree which is why I sold already. Missed the big jump but made decent money on it lol. 

Actually I guess GHIV hasn’t really done anything lol. That’s a bad sign imo. This should have already popped...

There are certainly some oddities in the SPAC market that I'm trying to figure out. Volume is so thin pre-announcement, it seemed like just a large call option order triggered an immediate move. I'm also trying to figure out why the warrants actually trade like they do. Even most merger, I don't understand why DNMR warrants of 11.50 trade at 11.85 when DNMR is at 29.79. Seems like some simple arbitrage to be made.
Regarding the bolded, we're in the same boat.

As for warrants, those are my weakness. I grab bunches of them here and there so I can watch. They trade so crazy that I find myself staying aboard just to make it to the end.

Regarding the bolded, we're in the same boat.

As for warrants, those are my weakness. I grab bunches of them here and there so I can watch. They trade so crazy that I find myself staying aboard just to make it to the end.
I'm still boring and just stick to buying units. Having lots of stonks with flashing numbers feeds the dopamine without as much risk.

I get that warrants pre-announcment are basically LEAPs so pricing disconnects/volatility is to be expected. Post-merger though? I see less reason for the disconnect. That is a public company and you would expect it to approach the expected value (much like option prices)

Hey, Netflix does this:

$6.64B revenue and $1.19 earnings for $6.63B and $1.39 estimates

Gains 12% AH even with barely beating revenue and missing earnings.

Amazon does this:

$96.1B revenue and $12.37 earnings for $92.6B and $7.29 estimates

And was down 1% AH. I’ll be looking forward to the earnings report late January/early February (not officially announced yet). 
Amazon earnings should be great. I work at for USPS and we get Amazon at my location and we deliver to 3 cities. The amount of packages was wayyyy more than previous years holiday season and way more since Covid started. Guessing they crush estimates again.

Looks like a decent day again. Might have been 1 day too soon on trimming ROKU but a 5 bagger is more than enough and I kept half. Need SEDG to roll back up so I can trim that. They didn’t have a great Q3, so I think it’s over extended more on all the clean energy run up. Still a good long term but feel like I’m low on cash and I have some other things to buy.

Anyone holding airlines? Started looking into things to trim lately. Still have some LUV at low cost. Had a good time swing trading AAL but never liked it long term.

Yeah, this has been an expensive experiment for me.  I think I'm done with crypto/blockcchain whatever it is for good. I just don't understand it and Warren Buffett famously said "if I can't understand what the company does, I want no part of the stock".....or something akin.  
Nice run for TRUFF the past two days though.  You in this long term?

Well, sold all my OPEN. Bought in the 11s and it’s run up enough to not risk holding on since it’s not really something I love long term. Starting to build a little more cash.

Not sure if anyone tailed STNE from the BRK-B discussions (Buffet bought some) but it’s been a really nice gainer. Bought a full share in August and it’s up 73%. Noticed a nice gain today. Probably a nice gain for Warren but man, he’s had a rough year only up 4%.

AMZN is carrying me today, plenty of red  in my accounts, but more green edging it out. Amazon making it a great day. Indexes are up nicely but definitely seems like the FAANG stocks are carrying it.

Is this the moment SPACs jumped the shark, when they start being named after Netflix series?

https://spacinsider.com/2021/01/19/queens-gambit-growth-capital-prices-upsized-300m-ipo/

Queen’s Gambit Growth Capital announced the pricing of its $300 million IPO this evening and its units are expected to begin trading on the NYSE under the symbol “GMBT.U” Wednesday, January 20.

The new company aims to combine with a sustainability-focused business that has a unique and disruptive platform with differentiated technology. Queen’s Gambit is led by CEO Victoria Grace and CFO Anastasia Nyrkovskaya.

Anyone else still holding FLGT? I bought on 1/8 after the last big dip. Recovered steadily from there to new highs, and another precipitous drop today. Can't find any news, assuming another round of folks taking profits.

Might add some shares on this latest dip, wondering what other folks are thinking. 

Im probably going to move 70% of my gbtc holdings over.  Lower fees are the attraction of something new are good enough for me. Will probably try to time putting 10% back into gbtc over the next 5 months or so, mostly for entertainment.

s from cashing.
GBTC seems to be about a 5% premium right now which is much lower than normal.  Do you think this is due to the coming competition?   Another reason?  I am trying to figure what to make out of this big drop in premium. Thanks for all your insight.

Is this the moment SPACs jumped the shark, when they start being named after Netflix series?

https://spacinsider.com/2021/01/19/queens-gambit-growth-capital-prices-upsized-300m-ipo/
Could very well be. I mean we are seeing 50-70% premiums before a confirmed merger and that’s on an investment vehicle that historically loses money. Heck BTWN still has a 50% premium and the rumor that drove them there is done (Tokopedia going IPO or merging with Gojek).

I’m hoping the rest of mine convert soon so I can see them off. TTCF is the only one I’ll hold longer because I want to see if they keep growing and in a few months it’ll be long term capital gains. OPEN was in my IRA so no tax issues. I think I may dump GHIV on its next mini pop maybe after the vote is confirmed. All of my SPACs I still have left (sold OPEN, Burger Fi, LAZR and RIDE) are in the 7-28% range except IPODU. That and PSTH are my largest holdings (SPAC).

GBTC seems to be about a 5% premium right now which is much lower than normal.  Do you think this is due to the coming competition?   Another reason?  I am trying to figure what to make out of this big drop in premium. Thanks for all your insight.
Maybe the huge runup just caused some premium compression along the way.  That would be my guess.

Well, sold all my OPEN. Bought in the 11s and it’s run up enough to not risk holding on since it’s not really something I love long term. Starting to build a little more cash.
I actually went the other way and started a position recently. ARK bought a ton of it yesterday, too.

Anyone else still holding FLGT? I bought on 1/8 after the last big dip. Recovered steadily from there to new highs, and another precipitous drop today. Can't find any news, assuming another round of folks taking profits.

Might add some shares on this latest dip, wondering what other folks are thinking. 
Yep, plan on holding for a long time. Not adding right now only because it's a full position already but might after earnings. It's still a small cap so these no-news swings are just gonna happen.

Nice run for TRUFF the past two days though.  You in this long term?
Tip of the cap to my buddy @Jefferson the Caregiver for that one.  We were both in Mind Med but I sold out after it hit $4 and change.  Our firm talked to their management team a year or more ago and we walked away very unimpressed.  I consider the gain in that one a pure stroke of luck.  But, that's not to say that I don't think there's a bright future in these stocks.  TRUFF has a better management pedigree and I'll hold as long as I think the theme is investible but like any penny stock, I'm skeptical on a daily basis.  

Yep. Own shares. Wrote puts. Not planning to go anywhere anytime soon. If I had more collateral, I'd write more.

I actually went the other way and started a position recently. ARK bought a ton of it yesterday, too.

Yep, plan on holding for a long time. Not adding right now only because it's a full position already but might after earnings. It's still a small cap so these no-news swings are just gonna happen.
It’s been bouncing between 20-30 and that ARK news likely spiked it 15% the past two days, so I appreciate that. It’s just not a stock I love and I’ll take the near triple and walk away to another stock.

At some point I’ll bite the bullet and get back in FLGT. Wish I never left. Still doubled my money but missed my windows to buy even lower and then waited too long.

Users who are viewing this thread