What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

I mean GME's fundamentals are completely irrelevant if you're participating right now.  It's a trading vehicle with a relatively strong trading case, both for potentially making (or losing) a lot of money and also for sticking it to the man that's been sticking it to retail investors for 100 years.

I bought a few just to take part.  Enough that I'd be fine if they went to zero.  This clown getting played on the other end of it was already convicted of huge amounts of fraud years ago and of course, got a slap on the wrist.  Now he's crying to mommy that he's getting played by retail investors the same way retail investors get played by him a dozen times a week and instead of eating his loss on his garbage trade he's running to mommy for a loan and crying about how unfair it all is.
What's your exit price/plan? Do you believe this can really go $400+ just based on the short squeeze?

Just bought 500 at market order because SFBayDuck from the internet thinks it's a good buy.
Was showing my wife our portfolio last night, and specifically the part that has grown a ton with the input here. 

Her: Where are you learning about this stuff? You've never looked at this with me before.

Me: My football nerd friends.

Her: Oh, ok. (shrugs and walks away)

:lol:

(she's used to me getting good info from these boards over the years.)

Just bought 500 at market order because SFBayDuck from the internet thinks it's a good buy.
:hifive:

What could go wrong?

It's a play I've been running for the past couple of months, trying to find SPACs that have some possible tie in to renewable energy or EVs and getting in in the $10s or low $11s.  Some have been nice hits (ACTC up 136%, QELL up 48%, BTWN up 30%, SNPR up 14%), while others (ENVIU, VTIQU) have just ticked up a couple of points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trimmed a bunch of stuff over the past week, and more today, which left me around 20% cash. Added DHHCU (why not?), some more DIS (cuz Todem likes it at this price) and some more SE and PTON on dips. 

I think PTON is going to crush earnings, and there are still enough naysayers out there that I don't think them doing so is already built in. We'll see. 

Also, it killed me to shed some BLDP. I still have a decent amount but wouldn't mind it pulling back so I can reload.

There was a day in 2008 as financial markets were in turmoil and short sellers became entrenched that Volkswagon became the most valuable company in the world. Not saying that will happen with GameStop, but there is a precedent here.

BOXL really popped today. Any news?

Thanks for the rec here. I'm up 32% with it so far.
Only thing I see:

--Analyst Actions: Alliance Global Partners Adjusts Boxlight PT to $5 From $4, Maintains Buy Rating

BY MT Newswires
— 10:30 AM ET 01/26/2021

10:30 AM EST, 01/26/2021 (MT Newswires) -- (MT Newswires covers equity, commodity and economic research from major banks and research firms in North America, Asia and Europe.

What could go wrong?

It's a play I've been running for the past couple of months, trying to find SPACs that have some possible tie in to renewable energy or EVs and getting in in the $10s or low $11s.  Some have been nice hits (ACTC up 136%, QELL up 48%, BTWN up 30%, SNPR up 14%), while others (ENVIU, VTIQU) have just ticked up a couple of points.
Curious - how did you find this one? I did a 5 day chart and got an error. It looks like today is the first trading day! You're the man!

It's insane. It might be a movie someday. Maybe they can get Christian Bale to reprise his role as Michael Burry. 

No idea what's going to happen by Friday, it could be $15, it could hit $1500. 

Guy is sitting on 800 April 16th call $12 options. He paid 31.25 cents per option. If my math is right, that $250 investment is now worth $10,880,000. 

What's your exit price/plan? Do you believe this can really go $400+ just based on the short squeeze?
Honestly I don't have a plan.  This is purely gambling money.  Any losses I incur here I'll just pull out of my sports gambling account to cover.  But right now I'm up like 50 bucks per share and can't decide whether to take the profits or just let it ride on the tiny chance this thing actually does squeeze to 1000.

EDIT: More like $34/share now 30 seconds later, lol.

I mean we are talking about someone bidding up Radio Shack maybe a year before it completely goes bankrupt, to squeeze someone on the right side of the trade with leverage.  

Can't look away, for a second.  

Curious - how did you find this one? I did a 5 day chart and got an error. It looks like today is the first trading day! You're the man!
Every day (at least I try to) I go to spacinsider.com and go through the new listings.  Usually they'll have some semi-generic language about what industries they are targeting.  Then I'll dig in a little further on some/most of them to see who the management team is, their background, and if they've done SPACs before (and if so what the merger was, if there was one).  This one was super generic in it's language.

The new company aims to have a broad search focus but intends to identify and acquire a business that could benefit from a hands-on partner with extensive operational, capital markets and investment management experience.
But I recognized the name, and a little more research showed that their first SPAC merged with Lordstown Motors, so I jumped in.

I think I'm in about a dozen of them now, with probably 10ish of them with some possible (hopeful?) tie to renewable energy or EVs.  I'm sure many of them won't go that route, or won't announce a merger at all, but with the typical two year timeframe to do so and that $10 price downside protection (not 100%, but not too many dip below that level pre-announcement), I figure it's a better place to put my "savings" cash than sitting at my bank earning .1%, even if the risk is definitely not zero.

Yep.  My kid wanted to buy some last year at $4 a share.  I told him he would get more entertainment lighting his money on fire and watching it burn.   Ooops
It could be worse, my neighbor across the street was their VP of Accounting as of June last year their company does all it's US operation out of Southlake which is close.  I'm trying to figure it up, but I figure he would be worth in the 30M range as of today had he held his options.  He walked away from about 100k shares of options priced at 16, underwater, thinking he sort of made money just lighting them on fire in a way.  Oops.  He's probably literally puking right now.  I can't even imagine.

Guy is sitting on 800 April 16th call $12 options. He paid 31.25 cents per option. If my math is right, that $250 investment is now worth $10,880,000. 
WTF hasn’t he sold? You’ve got to be a lunatic to not sell.

GME isn’t close to worth $140, let alone $50. In its glory days, it wasn’t even worth close to this value. This is fun to watch but when you know this price is literally due to a concerted effort to set a price, you jump off with life changing money. If you get greedy then when people decide to move on, these options  could expire worthless. It truly isn’t out of the question that the share price is under $12 by April. 

It could be worse, my neighbor across the street was their VP of Accounting as of June last year their company does all it's US operation out of Southlake which is close.  I'm trying to figure it up, but I figure he would be worth in the 30M range as of today had he held his options.  He walked away from about 100k shares of options priced at 16, underwater, thinking he sort of made money just lighting them on fire in a way.  Oops.  He's probably literally puking right now.  I can't even imagine.
No way to predict this. The company’s actual value would probably still be underwater. GME didn’t all of a sudden become a different company, the stock price is just being manipulated.

:X :X

WTF hasn’t he sold? You’ve got to be a lunatic to not sell.

GME isn’t close to worth $140, let alone $50. In its glory days, it wasn’t even worth close to this value. This is fun to watch but when you know this price is literally due to a concerted effort to set a price, you jump off with life changing money. If you get greedy then when people decide to move on, these options  could expire worthless. It truly isn’t out of the question that the share price is under $12 by April. 
Heck yea I would sell what he has.  On this run-up though it doesn't matter what GME is actually worth.  This thing may still just be getting started.  The hedge funds haven't even started covering yet. 

I bet every one of those giant flushes today are Melvin putting their new $2.75bn to work to try and scare people off of it.  They're probably in even deeper now than they were 24 hours ago.

The crazy thing is the buying today has been far more organic than the selling.  Slow, steady grind upwards all day long, only interrupted by clearly manufactured massive flushes straight into downside halts that don't affect the price trend at all.

No way I would buy at these levels, but I'm hodling the shares I've got now.  That last failed manufactured flush convinced me.

Or it could be over in an hour.  Who knows.  But it's fun.

What could go wrong?

In for 350 at 10.80.  

Speaking of SPACs, kinda pissed at Chamath for playing in SPACs that aren't his.  Chamath, buddy, get something good to slide into IPOD and IPOF, ok?  Thanks, bud.

I think I'm in about a dozen of them now, with probably 10ish of them with some possible (hopeful?) tie to renewable energy or EVs.  I'm sure many of them won't go that route, or won't announce a merger at all, but with the typical two year timeframe to do so and that $10 price downside protection (not 100%, but not too many dip below that level pre-announcement), I figure it's a better place to put my "savings" cash than sitting at my bank earning .1%, even if the risk is definitely not zero.
Got a list?  I'll drop the ones I'm in:

IPODU, IPOEU, IPOFU, BTWN, SVFAU, NGABU, DHHCU.  IPOC became CLOV and it's up about 40% for me, as well.

I've been putting in money into stuff based on the people involved.  Chamath (IPO stuff), Thiel (BTWN), Softbank (SVFAU), etc.  NGABU is the second one from the folks who did Lion Motors.  Betting on people I think are the big ##### in the space, essentially.

Also, does anyone know of a good article on the warrant part of all these?  I need to figure out if I want to split those out at some point or if the units are priced appropriately compared to the common.

On 1/14/2021 at 1:48 PM,  BassNBrew said: 

Sold my CRSP today.  Couldn't resist a 40% gain in two weeks.  That's just plain irrational.  Based on history it will hit $250 within a week.  Wish you longs well, I'll join you again if it ever tests the $170s.
Thank you for posting this as I would have missed this today.  Sold at $211 12 days ago and bought back today at $169.  Looks like I'm back in with the longs.  Go Crisper!

Users who are viewing this thread