What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Robert Griffin III - RGIII RG3 (2 Viewers)

I'm not sure how serious that hammy strain is, but I don't think he plays next week.
Who cares, he sucks. RG is what he always has always been: fast with a strong arm. That's not enough in the NFL. He could have learned how to play quarterback but he didn't. Now he gets seemingly outplayed by a 6th round guy in his first game with much less ability. 

Oh well, I never liked RGIII anyway.

Who cares, he sucks. RG is what he always has always been: fast with a strong arm. That's not enough in the NFL. He could have learned how to play quarterback but he didn't. Now he gets seemingly outplayed by a 6th round guy in his first game with much less ability. 

Oh well, I never liked RGIII anyway.
As well as a very punchable face 6th rounder. 

But yeah RG3 was never an NFL QB. Came from backyard Football conference and could run with a big arm but thats not what an NFL QB is. Collinsworth was right when he said the playing style isn't worth a high pick, he'll get hurt and it won't last long which it didn't. 

cloppbeast said:
You hold your tongue. 
Nope dude looks like one of the guys I use to know from HS who was a real D-bag with a punchable face. You know the type Middle Suburbia white dude who thinks he's from the hood and talks like he's from the ghetto type. I'm not saying McSorely is that as he seems like a nice dude. He just has that look too him 

Ravens waived Robert Griffin III.

UDFA Tyler Huntley showed enough in completing 6-of-13 passes for 60 yards (and rushing three times for 32 yards) in his fourth-quarter relief of Lamar Jackson in the Divisional Round to enter camp as the team's No. 2 quarterback. It's possible Griffin lands back with Baltimore in free agency, but his reserve role will instead likely fall to Trace McSorley. The team also waived veterans DB Davontae Harris, WR De'Anthony Harris (COVID opt-out) and DB Tramon Williams.

SOURCE: Baltimore Ravens on Twitter

Jan 18, 2021, 5:30 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent QB Robert Griffin III will join ESPN as a broadcaster.

Griffin still wants to play and reportedly has an out in his contract if an opportunity arises, but that seems unlikely given that every franchise has been able to sign him since January. He'll go the route that many former veterans take and instead cash in on his football knowledge in the booth. Griffin, 31, most recently totaled 101 yards from scrimmage in a single spot-start with the Ravens before landing on injured reserve last year.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 5, 2021, 10:46 AM ET

I guess this doesn’t impact me because I no longer watch pregame stuff but one of the last people on earth I want to hear speak on football is the delusional RGIII. 

I guess this doesn’t impact me because I no longer watch pregame stuff but one of the last people on earth I want to hear speak on football is the delusional RGIII. 
I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other because I haven't followed him closely, so what makes him delusional?

I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other because I haven't followed him closely, so what makes him delusional?

I don't want to spend a lot of time tearing down another person. Ill just say that Robert is a walking contradiction. You really only need to listen to him talk for a couple minutes before you realize he lives in a different reality than most. 

I don't want to spend a lot of time tearing down another person. Ill just say that Robert is a walking contradiction. You really only need to listen to him talk for a couple minutes before you realize he lives in a different reality than most. 

I'll go, because I don't have any problem explaining an opinion.  I'm also not interested in listening to RG3, as an analyst.  I wouldn't call him delusional, but I think his football acumen is about as limited as an average kid playing high school football.  He was talented, but limited.  They had to create an entire offense to make him thrive - he thrived for 1 year and then busted with injuries and defenses figuring him out.  

In my opinion, he never showed great ability to read coverage and finding an open receiver.  I would rather listen to a guy with less athletic ability that played briefly in the league because I assume they can actually see the game.  RG3 supreme talent - not a great football mind. 

Users who are viewing this thread