What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Robert Griffin III - RGIII RG3 (2 Viewers)

Hopefully someone who follows this or a homer could answer. I remember a huge advantage about him coming out of college was his discipline and leadership skills. It was noted he was from a military background and had a very close relationship with his dad. With past events (shannohan firing, locker room disputes etc) is it fair to say he might be a problem in himself? It just seems that towards the end of last year he became whiny and would talk to the press about how bad it was, making the coach and teammates mad. Is he someone teammates enjoy being around?

Rotoworld:

The Redskins confirmed that Robert Griffin III suffered a dislocated left ankle in Sunday's Week 2 win over the Jaguars.

The Redskins declined to provide a timetable, but it's not good. If RG3 has to go under the knife, his season will be in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Kirk Cousins came on in relief and shined by going 22-of-33 for 250 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions as the Redskins won 41-10.

Related: Kirk Cousins

Sep 14 - 4:34 PM

MRI is today @ 10AM. Any estimated timetable you've heard up until now is meaningless. MRI will tell the truth.

Best case is he's out 2 months imo. I'd put it at great than 75% he's out for the year.

PFT saying Skins are hopful he'll only be out 4-5 weeks. Haven't heard much on ankle disloactions before so no clue what a realistic timetable would be. I know listening to the radio yesterday after the game, they were saying best case could be 4-6 weeks if there were not fractures or damage to the ligaments. Guess we'll know more after the MRI today.

PFT saying Skins are hopful he'll only be out 4-5 weeks. Haven't heard much on ankle disloactions before so no clue what a realistic timetable would be. I know listening to the radio yesterday after the game, they were saying best case could be 4-6 weeks if there were not fractures or damage to the ligaments. Guess we'll know more after the MRI today.
Yeah, that timeline is wishful thinking. We really won't know until we get the MRI results today.

Just read thinking is 8 weeks to maybe out for the year. Even 8 weeks, he's an easy drop.

Even as a Gmen fan, gotta feel for the guy. Not sure he's ever going to reach his potential...

Is he guaranteed to be a Redskin (contractually) in 2015? If RG3 is done for the year, and if KC1 take them to the playoffs this year - what will next year bring?

Is he guaranteed to be a Redskin (contractually) in 2015? If RG3 is done for the year, and if KC1 take them to the playoffs this year - what will next year bring?
He's still on his rookie deal, so I doubt they would release him. Depending on how the rest of the year goes, one of those 2 could be traded or maybe they hold. Who knows at this point.

I'll admit that RG3 appears to be injury prone, but where are people getting this notion that he can't read a defense? He seems pretty smart compared to other QBs in the league. He doesn't throw a lot of INTs. He spreads the ball around fairly well...doesn't appear to lock on to one guy. His stats were showing he's pretty damn accurate. Sounds like he takes what the defense gives him. Sounds pretty smart to me. He's no Tony Romo or Eli Manning throwing INTs into guys that are triple covered. Usually when he throws an INT it's because he is taking a chance and chucking the ball deep down the field...gotta keep the defense honest. Maybe he's trying to hard trying to fit in this new offense. I'd love to see him in an offense like Philly where they allow him to create on his own.

If you are gonna bash someone at least have some stats that back up your statements instead of spouting ignorance. People will just start ignoring your posts and you'll be wasting your time.

I'll admit that RG3 appears to be injury prone, but where are people getting this notion that he can't read a defense? He seems pretty smart compared to other QBs in the league. He doesn't throw a lot of INTs. He spreads the ball around fairly well...doesn't appear to lock on to one guy. His stats were showing he's pretty damn accurate. Sounds like he takes what the defense gives him. Sounds pretty smart to me. He's no Tony Romo or Eli Manning throwing INTs into guys that are triple covered. Usually when he throws an INT it's because he is taking a chance and chucking the ball deep down the field...gotta keep the defense honest. Maybe he's trying to hard trying to fit in this new offense. I'd love to see him in an offense like Philly where they allow him to create on his own.

If you are gonna bash someone at least have some stats that back up your statements instead of spouting ignorance. People will just start ignoring your posts and you'll be wasting your time.
Because talking heads say he can't read a defense. Yet, everyone says Cousins can. Cousins had the 2nd highest INT% on his passes last year only to Eli. Cousins has a 1:1 TD:INT ratio for his career so far.

Everyone talks about Cousins looking comfortable in the pocket, which I'd agree with. But you can look comfortable all you want, but if you're back there throwing INTs, it doesn't matter.

its bc hes black. all of his criticisms are the same that every other black qb goes through. isnt smart, doesnt work hard, cant read defenses, too selfish. they say the same about vick, cam, culpepper, mcnabb, brooks, freeman, cunningham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because talking heads say he can't read a defense. Yet, everyone says Cousins can. Cousins had the 2nd highest INT% on his passes last year only to Eli. Cousins has a 1:1 TD:INT ratio for his career so far.Everyone talks about Cousins looking comfortable in the pocket, which I'd agree with. But you can look comfortable all you want, but if you're back there throwing INTs, it doesn't matter.
This hits the nail on the head.

Rotoworld:

Profootballtalk.com disputes a report that Robert Griffin III (ankle) plans to return in Week 8.

NFL Network's report seemed overly aggressive from the start. Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, PFT reports it's "too early to tell" when Griffin will return. Griffin is coming off a severe ankle dislocation. PFT does agree that Griffin is "ahead of schedule," but returning two full weeks before the Redskins' Week 10 bye still seems like a long shot. It's unclear whether Griffin will even be Washington's starter when he gets back. Despite Kirk Cousins' Week 4 meltdown, he remains a better fit for Jay Gruden's offense than RG3.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Oct 5 - 10:59 AM

Rotoworld:

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins

Redskins coach Jay Gruden doesn't expect Robert Griffin III (ankle) to return "any time soon."

It throws more cold water on NFL Network's Sunday report that RGIII could return as early as Week 8. Gruden refused to provide any sort of a timetable, though he did say the next step in Griffin's rehab would be "(increasing) his work load on a treadmill under the team trainers supervision." The Redskins have made it clear time and again that they aren't going to rush Griffin's return.

Source: Washington Post

Oct 7 - 6:06 PM

Rotoworld:

The Redskins "still aren't sure" when Robert Griffin III will return from his dislocated ankle.

It isn't as if the Skins have a timetable but aren't revealing it. They genuinely don't know when RG3 will be back. "As far as taking practice reps, that will be at least another week," coach Jay Gruden said Monday. "[Wednesday] will be the first step and next week maybe we’ll try to get him in practice situations and see where he is." Griffin will perform some individual drills this week. He won't begin team reps until before Week 8 at the soonest.

Source: ESPN.com
Oct 13 - 4:29 PM

Rotoworld:

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins

CSN Washington suggests it's possible Robert Griffin III (ankle) could return for the Redskins' Week 8 game against the Cowboys.

Griffin has been cleared for individual drills, and coach Jay Gruden said he could get in some practice reps next week. The Redskins want to get him a full week of practice before playing in a game, so Week 8 would be his earliest return. Griffin's timetable remains a fluid situation, but there's now at least a chance that he'll be back before Washington's Week 10 bye.

Related: Kirk Cousins

Source: CSN Washington

Oct 14 - 12:09 PM

This was an update from Sunday before their game in Arizona.

Tarik El-Bashir@TarikCSN · Oct 12

RG3 doing crossfield sprints. Running really hard.

This was an update from Sunday before their game in Arizona.

Tarik El-Bashir@TarikCSN · Oct 12

RG3 doing crossfield sprints. Running really hard.
He seems close, which is good. But I want to make sure he's 100%. With the team sitting at 1-5, it's not like we need him back. The season is pretty much done.

I'd rather him just return after the bye at this point. The season is over. No point in rushing him back.
I suspect he will be available before the bye. And their remaining schedule looks very favorable for a fantasy QB, maybe even the best schedule in the league. I think there is still hope for RG3 this season.

I'd rather him just return after the bye at this point. The season is over. No point in rushing him back.
I suspect he will be available before the bye. And their remaining schedule looks very favorable for a fantasy QB, maybe even the best schedule in the league. I think there is still hope for RG3 this season.
From a fantasy standpoint, RG3 certainly is useful the rest of the way. But as for the Redskins, their season is pretty much over at this point. They'd have to go 8-2 just to get to 9-7. I don't see that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread