What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (2 Viewers)

So I am fairly certain my deaths today are from lag. It has been horrendous for my office today, and I am finding it affecting everything. Try to do a little smack-diddle-dee-do, and Between me swinging and them dying is a few seconds to register.

And this is the tame version. The one before this was much better IMO but people said it wad too complex :thumbdown:
I have been meaning to go back to this comment. How was the older skill tree better?
It allowed extremely different builds. It had more of a center core that you could branch off from. It really allowed for some insane builds. Once Diablo 3 was a flop and the players from there came over to try out PoE, there were complaints that the skill tree was too difficult. Something that was rarely complained about before D3 all of the sudden became an issue so that made major changes. It was the major reason i quit playing at the time.

And this is the tame version. The one before this was much better IMO but people said it wad too complex :thumbdown:
I have been meaning to go back to this comment. How was the older skill tree better?
It allowed extremely different builds. It had more of a center core that you could branch off from. It really allowed for some insane builds. Once Diablo 3 was a flop and the players from there came over to try out PoE, there were complaints that the skill tree was too difficult. Something that was rarely complained about before D3 all of the sudden became an issue so that made major changes. It was the major reason i quit playing at the time.
ahh cool, thanks!

So I am fairly certain my deaths today are from lag. It has been horrendous for my office today, and I am finding it affecting everything. Try to do a little smack-diddle-dee-do, and Between me swinging and them dying is a few seconds to register.
If I am hitting enemies and nothing is happening I run a little bit away and wait for it to catch up. I have lost so many experience points due to lag on the harder levels.

So, tell me I'm not the only one that uses logout/login as a portal scroll when farming Ledge?New spawn of Ledge, run to one side all of the way, log out, log in and sell, then create new spawn. Time is maximized that way. I can log out and log in as fast as creating a portal and using it.

So, tell me I'm not the only one that uses logout/login as a portal scroll when farming Ledge?New spawn of Ledge, run to one side all of the way, log out, log in and sell, then create new spawn. Time is maximized that way. I can log out and log in as fast as creating a portal and using it.
I do this as well but I complete both sides of the ledge before logging out.

Think about the time it takes to run to the other side. I'm jus' sayin' . . .

No reason to log out IMO. Run ledge until you are full, then hit the portal in the middle. get to the other side entrance and reset it. You guys low on portal scrolls?

No reason to log out IMO. Run ledge until you are full, then hit the portal in the middle. get to the other side entrance and reset it. You guys low on portal scrolls?
I can never fill up on one run.I do a single run and then I need to reset the instance of which I typically do back in town. Since logging out puts you right back in town on the way point it is pretty quick and no need to waste a portal scroll (although I do have plenty in stock).

I think I timed it once. I can get back to the middle (which is where you need to get to start the other side of the ledge) a tiny bit quicker than I can logging out and logging in.But I might be doing the logging out the wrong way. I just close out of the app entirely and then reload it. Is there a quicker way in game to just get back to the screen where you choose your character?

I think I timed it once. I can get back to the middle (which is where you need to get to start the other side of the ledge) a tiny bit quicker than I can logging out and logging in.But I might be doing the logging out the wrong way. I just close out of the app entirely and then reload it. Is there a quicker way in game to just get back to the screen where you choose your character?
YES! Exit to Login screen only. I can log out and completely be back in in town in 3-5 seconds.

You know that once you get to the end of The Ledge and transition into the next area, if you CTRL + click on The Ledge transition it will let you start a new instance, right? No need to logoffski.

So what is the deal with that Kotoku False God dealio? ##### hits HARD! I can clear the Ledge with ease, vs groups of mobs 20+, but a couple of hits from him and I am dead if I don't roam. Is he reflecting something terrible?
My Ranger uses her bow on that thing and can keep out of its range. Tons of lightning damage.

You know that once you get to the end of The Ledge and transition into the next area, if you CTRL + click on The Ledge transition it will let you start a new instance, right? No need to logoffski.
no i did not know this. I thought I could only reset an instance via a way point. Thanks!

The logoff lets me get to the town and sell easily. Yeah, I know about CTL-click.I am officially blaming the lag from my Steam downloading and updating games for my deaths. Since I disabled Steam from doing so, I can walk right up to it and smack the snot out of it at will and not die. :shrug: Oh well.

So what is the deal with that Kotoku False God dealio? ##### hits HARD! I can clear the Ledge with ease, vs groups of mobs 20+, but a couple of hits from him and I am dead if I don't roam. Is he reflecting something terrible?
My Ranger uses her bow on that thing and can keep out of its range. Tons of lightning damage.
I switch over to my poison arrow bow and stay out of range. I hit the bottles a couple of times when I start dropping health, but it is better than trying to take whacks at that totem and getting killed 1/3 of the time. Oh, I kill off all the enemies first.

I Found my first unique... Some decent gloves that add damage, energy shield (not sure what that does) and 23% increased quantity (not quality) of items found.

I Found my first unique... Some decent gloves that add damage, energy shield (not sure what that does) and 23% increased quantity (not quality) of items found.
Energy shield acts as a second pool of health. You will see a ring around your health ball that represents the energy shield. It needs to be depleted before your health will be affected. The energy shield refills itself after a short time of not taking damage.

If I take Iron Reflexes, will I be able to use all of the following passive nodes or should I just target one of these?Armor % IncreaseEvasion % IncreaseArmor+Evasion % Increase
They will all effect it and it will double down.Your +% evasion from the evasion and armor+evasion% increases will apply to your total evasion.The evasion will be converted to armor.Then the +% armor from your armor and armor+evasion% increases will apply to your total armor.Its pretty close to the best possible armor solution, but you have to recognize that everytime you take an armor type passive node, LIFE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER. (the exception to this is when you are using Energy shield or CI).Armor kind of bottoms out and its a shame that granite flasks exist in my opinion, but if they did not then melee would be at even more of a disadvantage to ranged characters then they already are.You get enough +armor or evasion from gear to survive no problem provided you take life passive nodes, energy shield however in every situation must take energy shield nodes - the amount provided by gear is not sufficient and must be treated as armor and health at the same time.So if you got this far and are curious why you should get iron reflexes at all, its because evasion appears in much higher numbers than armor on gear, and since iron reflexes provides a 1:1 conversion you effectively increase the amount of armor you have available to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I take Iron Reflexes, will I be able to use all of the following passive nodes or should I just target one of these?Armor % IncreaseEvasion % IncreaseArmor+Evasion % Increase
They will all effect it and it will double down.Your +% evasion from the evasion and armor+evasion% increases will apply to your total evasion.The evasion will be converted to armor.Then the +% armor from your armor and armor+evasion% increases will apply to your total armor.Its pretty close to the best possible armor solution, but you have to recognize that everytime you take an armor type passive node, LIFE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER. (the exception to this is when you are using Energy shield or CI).Armor kind of bottoms out and its a shame that granite flasks exist in my opinion, but if they did not then melee would be at even more of a disadvantage to ranged characters then they already are.You get enough +armor or evasion from gear to survive no problem provided you take life passive nodes, energy shield however in every situation must take energy shield nodes - the amount provided by gear is not sufficient and must be treated as armor and health at the same time.
Ok thanks. :thumbup: I will prioritize health over evasion/armor then when building. I have not see many energy shield nodes so I will look around to see if any are close by.

What gems are considered desirable at this point? I have a crapload of gems that I wouldn't mind offloading at this point.

What gems are considered desirable at this point? I have a crapload of gems that I wouldn't mind offloading at this point.
Gems seem so plentiful that I don't think they are that desirable on the trade market unless they are full quality. But they are needed in a bunch of vendor recipes for good gear.

Ok thanks. :thumbup: I will prioritize health over evasion/armor then when building. I have not see many energy shield nodes so I will look around to see if any are close by.
If you aren't a energy shield user, energy shield nodes should be the last thing on your mind.To go more in depth, energy shield used to be ridiculously overpowered, this was mostly because of chaos inoculation, but it was also because being able to scale your "health" (energy shield) on your gear allowed for some ridiculous life pool, talking like 15-20k energy shield, they rectified this by removing the number of %energy shield increase nodes, reducing the amount of energy shield on gear as well as nerfing chaos inoculation into the ground.Armor solutions have kind of become polarized.Armor + health = large life pool, all incoming damage is reduced by a large percentage.Evasion + armor + health = large life pool (smaller than armor+life), large enough to survive a hit, armor to reduce the damage taken (by a much smaller percentage than armor+health), with a focus on evasion to get close to a 33% chance to evade (the systematic nature of evasion through entropy will guarantee one of three hits will miss).Energy Shield + more energy shield = seriously, as much energy shield as possible if you wanna survive. Allows you to use chaos inoculation giving you invulnerability to chaos damage.and finally, the terrible 4th option:Evasion + Acrobatics + Block = high focus on evasion trying to get as high of a chance as possible, acrobatics adds a flat 20% chance to dodge that rolls separately from evasion (but does not function the same, dodge is entirely chance based) as well as the 40%+ chance to block (also a chance based roll) and pouring the rest into life to survive the inevitable hit. This is just an absolutely sketchy armor solution.

If you aren't a energy shield user, energy shield nodes should be the last thing on your mind.
My bad, I took this sentence too literally to mean we need to use energy shield in all situations. I understand better now"You get enough +armor or evasion from gear to survive no problem provided you take life passive nodes, energy shield however in every situation must take energy shield nodes - the amount provided by gear is not sufficient and must be treated as armor and health at the same time."

Gems seem so plentiful that I don't think they are that desirable on the trade market unless they are full quality. But they are needed in a bunch of vendor recipes for good gear.
Is there a list of a few good options for recipes?

Is there a list of a few good options for recipes?
Yes. Wikia has a decent listhttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes

Very desirable gems, often go for 1 alch-2 chaos (or more if they are incredibly sought after) with 0% quality.Guess id start at the top, most desirable (all 0% quality):Greater Multiple Projectiles Support (3-4 GCP, 3 chaos is approximately 1 gcp)Chain Support(2-4 GCP)Concentrated Effect Support (1-4 Chaos)Elemental Hit (1-3 Chaos)Added Chaos Damage Support (1-3 Chaos)Spell Totem Support(1-3 Chaos)Mana Leech Support(1-3 Chaos)Reduced Mana Cost Support (1-3 Chaos)Life Leech Support (1-2 Chaos)Faster Attacks Support (1-2 Chaos)Faster Casting Support (1-2 Chaos)Increased Elemental Damage Support (1-2 Chaos)Culling Strike Support (1-2 Chaos)Elemental Proliferation Support (1-2 Chaos)Item Rarity Support (1-2 Chaos)Item Quality Support (1-2 Chaos)Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support (1-2 Alchs, 2 alchs is approximately 1 chaos)Elemental Weakness Curse (1-2 Alchs)The list is mostly comprised of support gems that are universal or mostly universal and gems that are from drops only and are also sought after (elemental hit, elemental weakness) or both (GMP, chain).

What is the next farming area after Ledge? I got up to 43 today just between patients and such. Not getting gear that will help this guy anymore, so figure it is time to move up. Will go back and finish quests now.

They will all effect it and it will double down.Your +% evasion from the evasion and armor+evasion% increases will apply to your total evasion.The evasion will be converted to armor.Then the +% armor from your armor and armor+evasion% increases will apply to your total armor.Its pretty close to the best possible armor solution, but you have to recognize that everytime you take an armor type passive node, LIFE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER. (the exception to this is when you are using Energy shield or CI).Armor kind of bottoms out and its a shame that granite flasks exist in my opinion, but if they did not then melee would be at even more of a disadvantage to ranged characters then they already are.You get enough +armor or evasion from gear to survive no problem provided you take life passive nodes, energy shield however in every situation must take energy shield nodes - the amount provided by gear is not sufficient and must be treated as armor and health at the same time.So if you got this far and are curious why you should get iron reflexes at all, its because evasion appears in much higher numbers than armor on gear, and since iron reflexes provides a 1:1 conversion you effectively increase the amount of armor you have available to you.
No double stackTotal Armor = Base Armor * (1 + "Armor %" + "Armor and Evasion %") + Base Evasion * (1 + "Armor %" + "Evasion %" + "Armor and Evasion %" + "Dexterity Bonus Evasion %") Armor and evasion doesn't double dip. As such, it's less efficient than the 10% evasion or armor nodes.

No double stackTotal Armor = Base Armor * (1 + "Armor %" + "Armor and Evasion %") + Base Evasion * (1 + "Armor %" + "Evasion %" + "Armor and Evasion %" + "Dexterity Bonus Evasion %") Armor and evasion doesn't double dip. As such, it's less efficient than the 10% evasion or armor nodes.
ok that was my original question.So I want to avoid armor+avasion nodes.Is there any difference between the 10% evasion and the 10% armor in terms of iron reflexes (it doesn't look like it from the equation but since I retired, my brain does not work like it used to :) )

What is the next farming area after Ledge? I got up to 43 today just between patients and such. Not getting gear that will help this guy anymore, so figure it is time to move up. Will go back and finish quests now.
Madcow has gone offline.Madcow has come online.Madcow has gone offline.Madcow has come online.Madcow has gone offline.Madcow has come online.Madcow has gone offline.Madcow has come online.Madcow has gone offline.All day long :lmao:

Blasphemy, I could have sworn this was only the case for item effects.Edit 1: If I am reading this correctly, the only thing that doesn't double down is the leather and steel nodes themselves (armor and evasion%).Edit 2: this is the formula I always used and is on the official wiki, not sure however it is accurate as I've never tested it, learn something new everyday:Armour = (Evasion * (1 + DexterityBonus + EvasionBonus + ArmourBonus)) + (Armour * (1 + ArmourBonus))

Blasphemy, I could have sworn this was only the case for item effects.Edit 1: If I am reading this correctly, the only thing that doesn't double down is the leather and steel nodes themselves (armor and evasion%).Edit 2: this is the formula I always used and is on the official wiki, not sure however it is accurate as I've never tested it, learn something new everyday:Armour = (Evasion * (1 + DexterityBonus + EvasionBonus + ArmourBonus)) + (Armour * (1 + ArmourBonus))
Yeah I am a little lost tbh. It may help some, but what the guy said was a straight 10% was better than the 8+8 nodes :shrug:So I got 3 uniques today. :popcorn:

Very desirable gems, often go for 1 alch-2 chaos (or more if they are incredibly sought after) with 0% quality.Guess id start at the top, most desirable (all 0% quality):Greater Multiple Projectiles Support (3-4 GCP, 3 chaos is approximately 1 gcp)Chain Support(2-4 GCP)Concentrated Effect Support (1-4 Chaos)Elemental Hit (1-3 Chaos)Added Chaos Damage Support (1-3 Chaos)Spell Totem Support(1-3 Chaos)Mana Leech Support(1-3 Chaos)Reduced Mana Cost Support (1-3 Chaos)Life Leech Support (1-2 Chaos)Faster Attacks Support (1-2 Chaos)Faster Casting Support (1-2 Chaos)Increased Elemental Damage Support (1-2 Chaos)Culling Strike Support (1-2 Chaos)Elemental Proliferation Support (1-2 Chaos)Item Rarity Support (1-2 Chaos)Item Quality Support (1-2 Chaos)Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support (1-2 Alchs, 2 alchs is approximately 1 chaos)Elemental Weakness Curse (1-2 Alchs)The list is mostly comprised of support gems that are universal or mostly universal and gems that are from drops only and are also sought after (elemental hit, elemental weakness) or both (GMP, chain).
:goodposting: This post was really, really helpful to me as a newer player. If you could do one for currency, that would be awesome. Mostly for gcp, and everything above fusing. I've seen wildly different offers for gcp, from fusings to alchs to 1-6 chaos. Would just like to get an idea.

:goodposting: This post was really, really helpful to me as a newer player. If you could do one for currency, that would be awesome. Mostly for gcp, and everything above fusing. I've seen wildly different offers for gcp, from fusings to alchs to 1-6 chaos. Would just like to get an idea.
Try this link to see relative currency valuePath of Exile - Currency Exchange Rates

In reading the forum, there seems to be some confusion/disagreement about the sucess of combining the point blank key stone and the skill of rain of arrows. Has anyone tried this combination? I watched some videos online that made it look really cool in terms of shot gunning large groups of bad guys.

Try this link to see relative currency valuePath of Exile - Currency Exchange Rates
I'm aware of that link, but posts in the trade forum vary widely from it for higher gems.

If I have a stat the increases the rarity drops, does that effect gear drops only or does it effect currency/orbs drops as well?
It should effect everything. However I can't get a map to drop to save my life and I farmed for days with a 180% rarity bonus.
I found a fantastic link describing the game mechanics on the forum. The currency is not affected by the Increased Item Rareity stathttp://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707Increased Item RarityIncreased Item Rarity % modifiers increase the chances of an item being magic, rare, or unique. For example with a total of +100% increased item rarity, you'd get twice as many magic items, twice as many rares and twice as many uniques from normal enemies.This modifier has no effect on the number or type of currency items, scrolls, or gems that drop.When in a party, only the modifier from the player who lands the killing blow on an enemy is counted.If one of your minions gets a kill, the minion's IIR is added to yours and the total is used.

Item quantity is better than Rarity for two reasons.-It effects currency items-It makes mobs drop MORE itemsShould be noted however that map drops are unaffected by any stat, each zone (or map) has a different hidden value that determines the drop rates of maps, its pretty straight forward in merciless the further you progress the more likely map drops are (with lunaris lvl 3 being the highest chance to drop a map) - this changes though once you start doing maps, its a flat rate for map drops in maps themselves (something like 60-75% of a map drop per map).

I'm aware of that link, but posts in the trade forum vary widely from it for higher gems.
Poeex is a pretty decent guestimate if you need a quick reference.I pretty much go by:1 Exalted = 2 Divine1 Divine = 2-3 GCP1 GCP = 3 Chaos1 Regal = 1.5 Chaos1 Chaos = 1 Regret = 2 Alch1-2 Alch = 1-2 Scouring = 1-2 Fusing = 1.5 Chisels1 Alch = 3-4 Jewellers = 3-4 Chance Orbs = 10-12 Alterations = 10 Chromatics1 Blessed = Whatever someone is paying for them.

Poeex is a pretty decent guestimate if you need a quick reference.I pretty much go by:1 Exalted = 2 Divine1 Divine = 2-3 GCP1 GCP = 3 Chaos1 Regal = 1.5 Chaos1 Chaos = 1 Regret = 2 Alch1-2 Alch = 1-2 Scouring = 1-2 Fusing = 1.5 Chisels1 Alch = 3-4 Jewellers = 3-4 Chance Orbs = 10-12 Alterations = 10 Chromatics1 Blessed = Whatever someone is paying for them.
Thank you sir. Also, Jojo's trade thread was a good reference. As an example of what makes me frustrated, someone in trade was offering a lesser mana cost gem last night. Normal, not quality. I whispered and asked what he wanted. He said "offer". Which just pisses me off, because I have no idea what it's really worth. I replied with "4 chance orbs" which earned me the reply: "Really?" Then I offered 50 divine orbs, just to repay him in kind. He came back with 1 gcp, which is probably fair. I said 1 Alch instead, which got me the reply: 1 gcp. Since I don't even have a gcp, I declined, but thanked him for getting to the point.

Just a heads up, do not bother sending PMs to madcow, he completely ignores you for hours at a time. Or maybe its just me... :unsure:
I actually had a friend from another game who I got into this that ignored me for hours and then finally got back to me. I think pms are just harder to notice in this game, especially if you're busy.

Thank you sir. Also, Jojo's trade thread was a good reference. As an example of what makes me frustrated, someone in trade was offering a lesser mana cost gem last night. Normal, not quality. I whispered and asked what he wanted. He said "offer". Which just pisses me off, because I have no idea what it's really worth. I replied with "4 chance orbs" which earned me the reply: "Really?" Then I offered 50 divine orbs, just to repay him in kind. He came back with 1 gcp, which is probably fair. I said 1 Alch instead, which got me the reply: 1 gcp. Since I don't even have a gcp, I declined, but thanked him for getting to the point.
Drives me nuts as well. Seems everyone is so scared to say what they want for an item because they have zero clue what its worth TO THEM. I really do not care what the going rate is on a piece of equipment or a gem. If I need/want it for my build then I decide what I am willing to pay for that in relation to what orbs I have in stock. I also know what I want to sell things at in relation to what I feel their rarity or worth is to me. I think I am going to start posting stuff in here that I want to sell or trade. Anyone else up for that?

Just a heads up, do not bother sending PMs to madcow, he completely ignores you for hours at a time. Or maybe its just me... :unsure:
I actually had a friend from another game who I got into this that ignored me for hours and then finally got back to me. I think pms are just harder to notice in this game, especially if you're busy.
Well I spammed him about 40 messages in a row after my feelings got hurt just to make sure he saw them and he still ignored me. :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread