What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (4 Viewers)

Try this link to see relative currency value

Path of Exile - Currency Exchange Rates
I'm aware of that link, but posts in the trade forum vary widely from it for higher gems.
Poeex is a pretty decent guestimate if you need a quick reference.I pretty much go by:

1 Exalted = 2 Divine

1 Divine = 2-3 GCP

1 GCP = 3 Chaos

1 Regal = 1.5 Chaos

1 Chaos = 1 Regret = 2 Alch

1-2 Alch = 1-2 Scouring = 1-2 Fusing = 1.5 Chisels

1 Alch = 3-4 Jewellers = 3-4 Chance Orbs = 10-12 Alterations = 10 Chromatics

1 Blessed = Whatever someone is paying for them.
Thank you sir. Also, Jojo's trade thread was a good reference. As an example of what makes me frustrated, someone in trade was offering a lesser mana cost gem last night. Normal, not quality. I whispered and asked what he wanted. He said "offer". Which just pisses me off, because I have no idea what it's really worth. I replied with "4 chance orbs" which earned me the reply: "Really?" Then I offered 50 divine orbs, just to repay him in kind. He came back with 1 gcp, which is probably fair. I said 1 Alch instead, which got me the reply: 1 gcp. Since I don't even have a gcp, I declined, but thanked him for getting to the point.
Drives me nuts as well. Seems everyone is so scared to say what they want for an item because they have zero clue what its worth TO THEM. I really do not care what the going rate is on a piece of equipment or a gem. If I need/want it for my build then I decide what I am willing to pay for that in relation to what orbs I have in stock. I also know what I want to sell things at in relation to what I feel their rarity or worth is to me. I think I am going to start posting stuff in here that I want to sell or trade. Anyone else up for that?
That would be sweet. The only trade threads I really like on the forums are ones that already have prices. Let's me know if I can afford it right up front. This is not exclusive to POE, there have been other games where that's true as well.

Just a heads up, do not bother sending PMs to madcow, he completely ignores you for hours at a time. Or maybe its just me... :unsure:
I actually had a friend from another game who I got into this that ignored me for hours and then finally got back to me. I think pms are just harder to notice in this game, especially if you're busy.
:lol:I was AFK as much as I was AK yesterday. :lol: PMs are poorly done - with the scrolling trade window, they are gone in 4 seconds. PMs need their own space and you should have the option for them to stay until acknowledged.

Here are gems I have available:Most totemsPunishmentLightning penetrationFaster attacks (maybe, have it leveled to 3)FrenzyRanged attack totemMinion damageRaise zombiewhirling bladesfreeze mineice novarighteous fireethereal knivesarcbeartrap

Just a heads up, do not bother sending PMs to madcow, he completely ignores you for hours at a time. Or maybe its just me... :unsure:
I actually had a friend from another game who I got into this that ignored me for hours and then finally got back to me. I think pms are just harder to notice in this game, especially if you're busy.
:lol:I was AFK as much as I was AK yesterday. :lol: PMs are poorly done - with the scrolling trade window, they are gone in 4 seconds. PMs need their own space and you should have the option for them to stay until acknowledged.
:lmao: Madcow has gone offline.

I think I am going to start posting stuff in here that I want to sell or trade. Anyone else up for that?
That would be sweet. The only trade threads I really like on the forums are ones that already have prices. Let's me know if I can afford it right up front. This is not exclusive to POE, there have been other games where that's true as well.
I would be very up for an in thread sell trade talk. :thumbup: :thumbup: I find the POE forum trades much easier to understand as well as I don't see myself ever trading in game, the mechanics and organization suck.

Have any of you ever completed a trade on the forums? If so how did you exchange items?

I learned something new yesterday. If you farm at a location >4 levels under your character you take a pretty severe penalty not only in experience gathering. (I knew this) but also in drop rate for currency (I did not know this). Guess I need to stop wasting time on the ledge and make some progress now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned something new yesterday. If you farm at a location 4 levels under your character you take a pretty severe penalty not only in experience gathering. (I knew this) but also in drop rate for currency (I did not know this). Guess I need to stop waiting time on the ledge and make some progress now.
Interesting. I observed that anecdotally last night as I did 5 or so runs and ended up with diddly squat. I had chalked it up to bad luck but that makes sense.

I learned something new yesterday. If you farm at a location >4 levels under your character you take a pretty severe penalty not only in experience gathering. (I knew this) but also in drop rate for currency (I did not know this). Guess I need to stop wasting time on the ledge and make some progress now.
Interesting. I observed that anecdotally last night as I did 5 or so runs and ended up with diddly squat. I had chalked it up to bad luck but that makes sense.
I wish I had found that mechanics thread I linked above a while ago. It would have saved these poor guys on here a million of my questions :) . I still have not finished it and have learned and confirmed a ton of things.

As you progress in content, it gets a littler better, I think. At 41, I can go 5 levels under and still make progress.

I think I am going to start posting stuff in here that I want to sell or trade. Anyone else up for that?
I would be very up for an in thread sell trade talk. :thumbup: :thumbup: I find the POE forum trades much easier to understand as well as I don't see myself ever trading in game, the mechanics and organization suck.

Have any of you ever completed a trade on the forums? If so how did you exchange items?
I have. Whisper them in game, pay what they want, they'll form a party and come to you in town. Pretty straightforward and easy. If they're quick and reasonable, it's nice to say so in their thread, it gives them a good reputation and bumps their thread for free.

I will start the trade talk.I am in need of a significantly better helmet than the one I have been wearing for I think 10 levels now :(I would like the new one to have a high evasion stat, at least two green sockets that are linked and any extra life/resistances is good too.Here are the stats of my current helmet(blue) that is outdated for my level 24 characterQuality: 5%Armor 12Evasion 12+7 Lightening Resistance+2 reflect physical damage to melee attackers

I have. Whisper them in game, pay what they want, they'll form a party and come to you in town. Pretty straightforward and easy. If they're quick and reasonable, it's nice to say so in their thread, it gives them a good reputation and bumps their thread for free.
But how do arrange to be online at the same time? Is that something you decide in the thread itself once the deal is accepted?

I learned something new yesterday. If you farm at a location >4 levels under your character you take a pretty severe penalty not only in experience gathering. (I knew this) but also in drop rate for currency (I did not know this).

Guess I need to stop wasting time on the ledge and make some progress now.
As you progress in content, it gets a littler better, I think. At 41, I can go 5 levels under and still make progress.
Here is the exact formula I saw last night. It does not look to be level dependent, just dependent on how big the spread is between your current level and the level your are farming at. It caps though once the bad guys get to level 66.=====================

Drop rates

There is a penalty to the chance of currency items (scrolls, orbs, etc.) dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency item drop is reduced by 2.5%.

So if you are level 30 in a level 20 area, you will see 20% less currency item drops on average:

2.5*(30-(20+2))=20

A level 30 character in a level 28 area will see no penalty.

Currency item Drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level.

For the purposes of this penalty, your level is never considered to be higher than 68. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area.

But how do arrange to be online at the same time? Is that something you decide in the thread itself once the deal is accepted?
Just whisper them to see if they're on. Some threads will show when they're online. If they're not, oh well.

Hey hit me up online while playing and I can hook you guys up with some stuff if it is level appropriate. Some one can start a new trade thread at POE? Or would it be better on here?

Hey hit me up online while playing and I can hook you guys up with some stuff if it is level appropriate. Some one can start a new trade thread at POE? Or would it be better on here?
I think it is fine on FBG to get started. Would people prefer if we started a new thread on just POE Trades or should we keep all trade talk in here?

I think it is fine on FBG to get started. Would people prefer if we started a new thread on just POE Trades or should we keep all trade talk in here?
Seems like we could keep it in here. Sorry, I don't have anything around the level you wanted, I tend to keep very good low level stuff and then stuff closer to my current level (43).

Seems like we could keep it in here. Sorry, I don't have anything around the level you wanted, I tend to keep very good low level stuff and then stuff closer to my current level (43).
oh no problem! I have nothing myself as I sell everything I get to try and create orbs. Kind of stupid but the only real mistake was selling the unique item I could have traded for or kept for another character.

I would kill for a skill that puts some extra light in the room :) The only time I seem to die in normal is when I can't locate the damn Necromancers and I get surrounded :)

I would kill for a skill that puts some extra light in the room :) The only time I seem to die in normal is when I can't locate the damn Necromancers and I get surrounded :)
I hate them with the intensity of a thousand burning suns. What really pisses me off is when I get right next to them and try to hit them and hit the thing they've just summoned in my face instead.

I hate them with the intensity of a thousand burning suns. What really pisses me off is when I get right next to them and try to hit them and hit the thing they've just summoned in my face instead.
Melee AOE FTW! :)

I use a flame totem. It shots in the direction of the enemies and let's me know where the bad guys are hiding. Helps a lot in act 2 when everything goes black in the whole world.

Okay, my captains of nerdistry - I downloaded this last night and I'm going to give it a go tonight. Duelist and Shadow are typically what appeals to me but ranged, magic and smasher can always be fun.Provide me some newb direction without dropping the PoE PHD knowledge on me.

Okay, my captains of nerdistry - I downloaded this last night and I'm going to give it a go tonight. Duelist and Shadow are typically what appeals to me but ranged, magic and smasher can always be fun.Provide me some newb direction without dropping the PoE PHD knowledge on me.
Imo best thing is just pick a character and play for a little bit and get a feel. If you like it you can get as I depth as you would like. Also if you find a Brown item pm me.

Made my first real change to my character today and am interested to see how it will work out. I saved up a bunch of skill points and picked up both Iron Reflexes and Point Blank at the same time. I also picked up a nice quiver that added a good 15% of DPS to my bow which should help.I need to concentrate on health next as my pool of health is still very low.I have played 22 hours with this character and am at level 26 in act 2

Imo best thing is just pick a character and play for a little bit and get a feel. If you like it you can get as I depth as you would like. Also if you find a Brown item pm me.
I agree. If you are not looking to be a total geek, pick your favorite type of character and build in any way you like and just start playing.

I agree. If you are not looking to be a total geek, pick your favorite type of character and build in any way you like and just start playing.
Just understand that if you do it this way you're probably going to start over at some point.

Just understand that if you do it this way you're probably going to start over at some point.
Hell, I am diving in as much as possible and I am pretty sure I am going to have to start over as well pretty soon :)Nothing wrong with him seeing if he likes the game play before figuring out all of the details if he is not into that.

I don't know if you have to start over. If you have experience with RPG's, you have a pretty good idea of how to focus. I cannot say there are many changes at all I would make on my Ranger and Marauder at this point, and they are my first.

Just got a blood magic support. So the plan now is I put it on the sweep skill which also gets life on hit. So it will cost 26 life to use, but every hit gets me 25 life, so it is like a perpetual use skill. :excited: Run that with an aura and :devil:

It's way easier to list items via the POE site... you just click on your character, open your stash and then click on the items you want to list.

Here's My Link

ETA: If there's anything you want, just let me know and it's yours.

Finished Act 1 Cruel. Merveil wasn't bad as long as I watched my health. My sweep attack generates health as long as I hit more than 1 mob, so when she started spawning mobs, I was :moneybag: I cannot wait to get a 6L and take my AOE and attach blood magic, life on hit and a crap-ton of extra damages. :excited:

'Ignoramus said:
It's way easier to list items via the POE site... you just click on your character, open your stash and then click on the items you want to list.

Here's My Link

Never tried this. I am using chrome and when I click on an item nothing happens.

'Ignoramus said:

Here's My Link

Never tried this. I am using chrome and when I click on an item nothing happens.
It only looks that way. If you start a thread, then open your character, start clicking on items. The code is appearing in your post, you just cannot see it because it is covered.

'Ignoramus said:

Here's My Link

I'm in FIrefox. Here's what I did (going from memory here, so bear with me)...Go to the Marketplace forum

Start new thread

Click on character

Click on stash tab

Click item(s)

X out of character sheet

Links should appear in message

Trying to consolidate some of the more useful posts here (mainly for my own benefit).Player Names:Ignoramus - _Katya_Mad Cow - WittyNameHereKool-Aid Larry - ?Run It Up - Star_IV (deleted?)NewlyRetired - BigGreenEggFootballDummy - Smuch and AristophneShizznitttt - MamouxBuddy Ball 2K3 - NotanksBroadwayG - Andolini, Ibix, Gorignos, BwaygCold Dead Hands - Thaltecone time - ToadStewDrifter - QwiksterVendor Recipes

Gem Values
Very desirable gems, often go for 1 alch-2 chaos (or more if they are incredibly sought after) with 0% quality.Guess id start at the top, most desirable (all 0% quality):Greater Multiple Projectiles Support (3-4 GCP, 3 chaos is approximately 1 gcp)Chain Support(2-4 GCP)Concentrated Effect Support (1-4 Chaos)Elemental Hit (1-3 Chaos)Added Chaos Damage Support (1-3 Chaos)Spell Totem Support(1-3 Chaos)Mana Leech Support(1-3 Chaos)Reduced Mana Cost Support (1-3 Chaos)Life Leech Support (1-2 Chaos)Faster Attacks Support (1-2 Chaos)Faster Casting Support (1-2 Chaos)Increased Elemental Damage Support (1-2 Chaos)Culling Strike Support (1-2 Chaos)Elemental Proliferation Support (1-2 Chaos)Item Rarity Support (1-2 Chaos)Item Quality Support (1-2 Chaos)Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support (1-2 Alchs, 2 alchs is approximately 1 chaos)Elemental Weakness Curse (1-2 Alchs)The list is mostly comprised of support gems that are universal or mostly universal and gems that are from drops only and are also sought after (elemental hit, elemental weakness) or both (GMP, chain).
Currency Exchange Rates
More Exchange Rates
I pretty much go by:1 Exalted = 2 Divine1 Divine = 2-3 GCP1 GCP = 3 Chaos1 Regal = 1.5 Chaos1 Chaos = 1 Regret = 2 Alch1-2 Alch = 1-2 Scouring = 1-2 Fusing = 1.5 Chisels1 Alch = 3-4 Jewellers = 3-4 Chance Orbs = 10-12 Alterations = 10 Chromatics1 Blessed = Whatever someone is paying for them.

'Ignoramus said:

Here's My Link

It only looks that way. If you start a thread, then open your character, start clicking on items. The code is appearing in your post, you just cannot see it because it is covered.
Got it thank you!Here is some of my crap

'Ignoramus said:

Here's My Link

Price on Aurseize gauntlets and Geofri's Mace?

'Ignoramus said:

Here's My Link

I am interested in the unique amulet. What orbs are you interested in for it?

I like the look of that Viscous Death Bow of Mastery, especially if I can craft it up to a rare. I don't have any decent equipment to trade for it but I do have currency.What type of orbs and or quality improvement pieces would you like for it?
I am not looking for much at all from a FBG - just throw a single decent orb if you want. It is a game, ya know? :)
would an orb of alchemy be enough or would you like more? I don't want to underbid here since you are being nice.

Users who are viewing this thread