What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (4 Viewers)

'Ignoramus said:
It's way easier to list items via the POE site... you just click on your character, open your stash and then click on the items you want to list.

Here's My Link

ETA: If there's anything you want, just let me know and it's yours.
Never tried this. I am using chrome and when I click on an item nothing happens.
It only looks that way. If you start a thread, then open your character, start clicking on items. The code is appearing in your post, you just cannot see it because it is covered.
Got it thank you!Here is some of my crap
Price on Aurseize gauntlets and Geofri's Mace?
What are you offering? :P couple chaos or a gcp something like that. no idea what they go for, its up to you

Last edited by a moderator:
'Ignoramus said:
It's way easier to list items via the POE site... you just click on your character, open your stash and then click on the items you want to list.

Here's My Link

ETA: If there's anything you want, just let me know and it's yours.
Never tried this. I am using chrome and when I click on an item nothing happens.
It only looks that way. If you start a thread, then open your character, start clicking on items. The code is appearing in your post, you just cannot see it because it is covered.
Got it thank you!Here is some of my crap
Price on Aurseize gauntlets and Geofri's Mace?
What are you offering? :P couple chaos or a gcp something like that. no idea what they go for, its up to you
I have 1 GCP - what will that get me? Can I get just 1 rib? ;) :GonnaGitYouSucka:

I like the look of that Viscous Death Bow of Mastery, especially if I can craft it up to a rare. I don't have any decent equipment to trade for it but I do have currency.What type of orbs and or quality improvement pieces would you like for it?
I am not looking for much at all from a FBG - just throw a single decent orb if you want. It is a game, ya know? :)
would an orb of alchemy be enough or would you like more? I don't want to underbid here since you are being nice.
That is fine. Tell me when you want to trade.

I like the look of that Viscous Death Bow of Mastery, especially if I can craft it up to a rare. I don't have any decent equipment to trade for it but I do have currency.What type of orbs and or quality improvement pieces would you like for it?
I am not looking for much at all from a FBG - just throw a single decent orb if you want. It is a game, ya know? :)
would an orb of alchemy be enough or would you like more? I don't want to underbid here since you are being nice.
Are you available now? I can go online. I am BigGreenEgg

Give me about 20 minutesI have patients in chairs waiting right now.

I tried the "determination" gem today and well it doesn't work worth crap with blood magic. Takes 40% to make it work. I need some sort of shied at this point.

Give me about 20 minutesI have patients in chairs waiting right now.
:lmao: The doctor will be in to see you in a minute... or thirty or so.

OK, Retired, get on and we can do this. :)
well that was an epic fail :(Anyone have any idea how to trade?We simply could not locate each other in either the act 1 or act 2 towns. Madcow even tried 2 characters but neither ever appeared on my screen, nor did my character appear on his. Anyone know how to actually meet a person in the game to make a trade?

well that was an epic fail :(Anyone have any idea how to trade?We simply could not locate each other in either the act 1 or act 2 towns. Madcow even tried 2 characters but neither ever appeared on my screen, nor did my character appear on his. Anyone know how to actually meet a person in the game to make a trade?
:shrug: You party with the other person, that shows you where they are. You can go there, or tell them to meet you somewhere, usually Act 1 normal. I've never had a problem with it. Then right click on them and choose trade.

:shrug: You party with the other person, that shows you where they are. You can go there, or tell them to meet you somewhere, usually Act 1 normal. I've never had a problem with it. Then right click on them and choose trade.
yeah we did all that. I was able to see his party invites, and I was able to accept them and join his party but we could never see each other in a town. He would tell me where to stand in each town but neither of us ever saw the other.Once I join his party, is there one more step I need to do to make sure we are in the same instance, like jump thorough a portal or something?

I have never had a problem trading, I take the following steps:-ensure you are in a group together-Make sure you are in the same level of difficulty, Act and town. IE Normal, merciless etc the appropriate act and town. -once you portal to the appropriate town in the predetermined difficulty and act you should see your party members statistics bar appear on the top left hand part of the screen-you can initiate a trade by right clicking on the status bar -if you are confident you are in the correct town, act and difficulty occasionally the persons status bars don't show up go to one of the adventuring zones right outside the town and they should be there.Hope that helps. If anyone comes across 200+damage bows or 400+ damage 2 handed maces let me know :)

yeah we did all that. I was able to see his party invites, and I was able to accept them and join his party but we could never see each other in a town. He would tell me where to stand in each town but neither of us ever saw the other.Once I join his party, is there one more step I need to do to make sure we are in the same instance, like jump thorough a portal or something?
Make sure you're in the same Act. That could be the problem. If you're in the same town but one of you is in normal and one is in cruel, you won't see each other.

I think it was some kind of glitch in the Matrix, TBH. That was weird.ETA we were in teh same party, same act, same difficulty, same town. No doubt about any of that.

I have never had a problem trading, I take the following steps:

-ensure you are in a group together

-Make sure you are in the same level of difficulty, Act and town. IE Normal, merciless etc the appropriate act and town.

-once you portal to the appropriate town in the predetermined difficulty and act you should see your party members statistics bar appear on the top left hand part of the screen

-you can initiate a trade by right clicking on the status bar

-if you are confident you are in the correct town, act and difficulty occasionally the persons status bars don't show up go to one of the adventuring zones right outside the town and they should be there.

Hope that helps. If anyone comes across 200+damage bows or 400+ damage 2 handed maces let me know :)
I think the bolded step above is what we were missing. I think we mistakenly thought that the towns were the same for everyone. I think there may be many instances of the towns and the only way for us to connect is via a portal.thanks!

Started with a Shadow last night but think I will re-start with a duelist since it's likely my gameplay style will be more in line with that.

-Make sure you are in the same level of difficulty, Act and town. IE Normal, merciless etc the appropriate act and town.

-once you portal to the appropriate town in the predetermined difficulty and act you should see your party members statistics bar appear on the top left hand part of the screen

-if you are confident you are in the correct town, act and difficulty occasionally the persons status bars don't show up go to one of the adventuring zones right outside the town and they should be there.

Hope that helps. If anyone comes across 200+damage bows or 400+ damage 2 handed maces let me know :)
I think the bolded step above is what we were missing. I think we mistakenly thought that the towns were the same for everyone. I think there may be many instances of the towns and the only way for us to connect is via a portal.thanks!
Towns are instanced for 50 people at a time. To enter a town with a specified person ctrl+click the waypoint for that town and scroll through the instances looking for a specific players name.

Towns are instanced for 50 people at a time. To enter a town with a specified person ctrl+click the waypoint for that town and scroll through the instances looking for a specific players name.
Thanks! I see that now.

The keystone passives really do change how you approach the game.Before taking Point Blank, I basically used Split Arrow a ton but now I never seem to bother.Burning Arrow (which is my highest DPS right now) is my main gun and then after I kite around to collect bad guys in a group, I just wipe them out with Lightening Arrow by shot gunning them.Madcow was kind enough to give me a Frenzy gem, so I might replace Split Arrow with that and see how that works out.

Does it make any sense to use Pierce as a support gem for Lightening Arrow?
Not really no, it will do impact damage to the mob it pierces but it won't burst until it hits the next target after piercing.With lightning arrow and point blank, you wanna do as much damage as possible to the mobs closest to you, depending on what other support gems you are using however, lesser multiple projectiles is a huge damage increase, on top of that you can also add fork or chain.

Does it make any sense to use Pierce as a support gem for Lightening Arrow?
Not really no, it will do impact damage to the mob it pierces but it won't burst until it hits the next target after piercing.With lightning arrow and point blank, you wanna do as much damage as possible to the mobs closest to you, depending on what other support gems you are using however, lesser multiple projectiles is a huge damage increase, on top of that you can also add fork or chain.
crap. I had the chance to choose LMP as a reward but choose Pierce instead. Maybe I will pair Pierce with Burning Arrow for now.Thanks!

Any opinions on whether to kill or help the bandits in Act 2? I think if I kill all 3 I get a skill point but if I help them I seem to get the following (+40 mana, +40 health, +8% to all resistances).

Any opinions on whether to kill or help the bandits in Act 2? I think if I kill all 3 I get a skill point but if I help them I seem to get the following (+40 mana, +40 health, +8% to all resistances).
I have killed them every time. I like the passive points. :shrug:

Anyone on Act 2 Cruel right now? Could use another person to run all the bandits and such in about an hour. Figure we can knock most of it out quickly. I also have a ranger finishing up Act 2 - still in the darkness.

Depends on the build. I'm playing a build heavily reliant on health, so that was better than a skill point for me. The rewards change in each difficulty as well.

Depends on the build. I'm playing a build heavily reliant on health, so that was better than a skill point for me. The rewards change in each difficulty as well.
just so I make sure I understand, this is an OR choice and not an AND choice for these three rewards right? I assume I can only side with one of the three bandits.

just so I make sure I understand, this is an OR choice and not an AND choice for these three rewards right? I assume I can only side with one of the three bandits.
Yeah, you can only side with one, or you can kill all and get the skill point.

Not a fan of these security measures. So I log in from my house and I am now locked out of my account until I enter the unlock code. Oh guess what? There must be some big lag because it isn't sending it, even when I say resend. :hot:

Not a fan of these security measures. So I log in from my house and I am now locked out of my account until I enter the unlock code. Oh guess what? There must be some big lag because it isn't sending it, even when I say resend. :hot:
It sounds like there was a wave of hacked accounts, hence the security. Luckily, I only play on one machine so it's not a nuisance for me.

If anyone has an extra Lesser Multiple Projectiles support gem they don't need, let me know and we can try and agree on a trade.

If anyone has an extra Lesser Multiple Projectiles support gem they don't need, let me know and we can try and agree on a trade.
I don't have that, but I actually lucked into a Greater Multiple Projectiles. Which is way better. But, I'm probably going to either sell it for mad currency or use it. Unless you can offer insane Marauder gear. Like a maul or something with huge plus to life.

I don't have that, but I actually lucked into a Greater Multiple Projectiles. Which is way better. But, I'm probably going to either sell it for mad currency or use it. Unless you can offer insane Marauder gear. Like a maul or something with huge plus to life.
Any interest in an exalted orb plus something else for the GMP?

'NewlyRetired said:
In most builds except for Chaos inoculation or low life builds typically helping Oak in normal is optimal.If you think about it in terms if what you are getting for a reward in compared to a single skill point, 40 health is outrageous. The same is true about cruel, if you are melee it is typically a good idea to help Oak again, because a flat 12% increase to physical damage is huge for a single point.In merciless however unless you are running a niche build that takes advantage of extra charges, then killing them all is best.Just a general rule of thumb, in the end none of the choices will make or break your character but at end game all +life scales considerably if you put points in +% life nodes, which most builds should be doing.

'NewlyRetired said:
'FootballDummy said:
'NewlyRetired said:
Any interest in an exalted orb plus something else for the GMP?
GMP is 2-4 GCP, 1 exalted is roughly 5 GCP :nerd: But I have a spare LMP if you still need it, I don't know why you would be up at 3am (or why I am up,) but if you are on, or if you get on tomorrow ill give it to you.

Is there a list of everyones names to add anywhere? Just tried playing this for the first time. All this discussion and the skill tree is definitely :whoosh: right now.I'm not sure which name it is you use to add someone to a friend's list. My Witch's name is ToadStew, do you add based on that?

Is there a list of everyones names to add anywhere? Just tried playing this for the first time. All this discussion and the skill tree is definitely :whoosh: right now.I'm not sure which name it is you use to add someone to a friend's list. My Witch's name is ToadStew, do you add based on that?
Yeah, one character name is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread