What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (4 Viewers)

So, wands - do they just shoot some elemental damage or physical? Missile I assume?
Think of wands as one handed bows, they shoot a projectile that does the damage labeled on the weapon, physical base damage and if the wand has elemental damage will also do elemental damage.
Can you dual wield wands?
Interesting question. Don't know why you'd want to, the benefit from a shield of some kind would be better in most cases. Wands typically give + to Spell damage, which is cool, but won't keep you alive.

So, wands - do they just shoot some elemental damage or physical? Missile I assume?
Think of wands as one handed bows, they shoot a projectile that does the damage labeled on the weapon, physical base damage and if the wand has elemental damage will also do elemental damage.
Interesting question. Don't know why you'd want to, the benefit from a shield of some kind would be better in most cases. Wands typically give + to Spell damage, which is cool, but won't keep you alive.
Oh I see. You mean even though you carry a wand, you mostly fight with spells then?I am looking at making a Fire witch in my next serious build and want to make sure I don't waste point on upgrading the wand and stick to upgrading spells and getting my ### to Blood magic.

Oh I see. You mean even though you carry a wand, you mostly fight with spells then?I am looking at making a Fire witch in my next serious build and want to make sure I don't waste point on upgrading the wand and stick to upgrading spells and getting my ### to Blood magic.
:lmao: Yeah, that's how witches work. They aren't trying to brain monsters with their wands.

:lmao: Yeah, that's how witches work. They aren't trying to brain monsters with their wands.
Guess I was equating them to wizards in other rpg's where the quality of your wand was important to keeping the character functional.In other games, wands are used as projectile magic weapons. I had assumed (incorrectly) that they did something similar here.

Also, it seems very counter intuitive for a witch to be carrying a shield but I guess it will be needed for protection stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and the reason why you would is because for dual wielding you get a increased attack speed bonus of 10% and 15% chance to block.Other reasons why you might dual wield wands, the mods on wands are better than the mods on shields.Not all wand users rely on spells, they are very capable attacking weapons versatile as well, allowing you to use a shield and still have the advantage of a ranged attack.

Yes, and the reason why you would is because for dual wielding you get a increased attack speed bonus of 10% and 15% chance to block.Other reasons why you might dual wield wands, the mods on wands are better than the mods on shields.Not all wand users rely on spells, they are very capable attacking weapons versatile as well, allowing you to use a shield and still have the advantage of a ranged attack.
Ok this makes more sense to me. This matches much closer to how other RPG's treat this class. Football Dummy made it sound like you would be an idiot to use the wand for offense.

Anyone have lesser or greater projectiles hit me up. Also looking for faster projectiles. I think that linking my weapon 1 handed 3 link with lightning - lesser/greater projectiles - lightning - faster projectiles will be my best bet.
I think I have a spare LMP. I'll check this evening.

Anyone have lesser or greater projectiles hit me up. Also looking for faster projectiles. I think that linking my weapon 1 handed 3 link with lightning - lesser/greater projectiles - lightning - faster projectiles will be my best bet.
Thanks
Shoot, I do not. The only other green support gem I have is Fork.You're welcome to that.
I am trying to link my lightning strike gem to a good support gem/gems. Dunno if that is better or not?

Thanks
Shoot, I do not. The only other green support gem I have is Fork.You're welcome to that.
I am trying to link my lightning strike gem to a good support gem/gems. Dunno if that is better or not?
I am pretty sure I have a lesser, but do yourself a favor and get a chain. Its easily worth the 2 GCP price IMO.

I think I am going to shelve the ranger for now and play my dual axe duelist to endgame. The ranger is way too underpowered for now. I may try a ranged again but will probably roll a bow shadow. Right now I am going to use the duelist, so if you happen to find any rare or unique 1h axes, let me know.

I think I am going to shelve the ranger for now and play my dual axe duelist to endgame. The ranger is way too underpowered for now. I may try a ranged again but will probably roll a bow shadow. Right now I am going to use the duelist, so if you happen to find any rare or unique 1h axes, let me know.
I have a couple of nice rare axes and a nice unique 1H warhammer.

Axes only. Have a lot of Axe passives already. Going to go health passives and regen passives next. My current axes are level 23(?) and the duelist is 23 :)Pretty sure I have never seen a 1h axe unique. Wonder if there are any.

Thanks
I am pretty sure I have a lesser, but do yourself a favor and get a chain. Its easily worth the 2 GCP price IMO.
I have played over 100 hours and have not seen a GCP. I am really unlucky. I have a boat load of Chromatic Orbs, but they are knowledge scrolls.

Axes only. Have a lot of Axe passives already. Going to go health passives and regen passives next. My current axes are level 23(?) and the duelist is 23 :)Pretty sure I have never seen a 1h axe unique. Wonder if there are any.
Wikia has not logged any yet. Only two handlershttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Unique_Axes

Words cannot express my disdain for voideaters on the docks. Friggin' ridiculous how fast they kill you. :hot:

Next week on Wednesday is a content patch that will release 3 uniques, there are several uniques queued up that are 1h axes, might get lucky.

Interested pm me about unique

Interested pm me about unique
If you see my link earlier for my items for sale, it is linked there.

There are a couple of what look like amazing claws I have had drop. I am tempted to start a class just for those, but what classes work best with those? Duelist?

Is dual wield useless unless you take dual wield passives? Seems like my dps is always better one handed than dual, let along my dps when using dual strike.

Is dual wield useless unless you take dual wield passives? Seems like my dps is always better one handed than dual, let along my dps when using dual strike.
depends on the gear quite a bit but if you don't take DW passives your build is kind of gimped.
I've focused almost exclusively on life and armor at level 25 or wherever I'm at. My armor is around 1100 and my life is around 600 and I regenerate 12 hit points per second without any equipment help . With the rapier I currently have I do 80 dps in single strike and of course double that with dual strike.I was going to pursue more life and a few reasonably close by armor/evasion boosts (I have the evasion to armor passive) next as I don't feel like I'm having a problem killing anything but was considering grabbing the dual wields that are in close proximity to my tree in a bunch of places.

Do you guys just trade skill gems back into the game vendors if they are duplicates or not appropriate for your build?

Oh - and the trap gem skills are pretty much useless - or I haven't figured out how to use them. I have Bear Trap and Freeze Mine and I'm not impressed.

Do you guys just trade skill gems back into the game vendors if they are duplicates or not appropriate for your build?
You can do three things1) trade with other players2) save in stash for another character you will build in future3) use in recipes to vendors to get better rings, amulets etc

Oh - and the trap gem skills are pretty much useless - or I haven't figured out how to use them. I have Bear Trap and Freeze Mine and I'm not impressed.
I was in a group last night and a guy was going crazy with fire trap, seemed to work well. I have a couple of those, as well as bear and freeze but have not tried them. Might have to do so with a new shadow.

Started a Shadow for fun of it, figure it would be a shame to let those 2 lvl 37 claws go to waste. Still, I am wondering if they get any AOE? I am so used to my Marauder going AOE crazy on large groups that this one at a time thing is killing me. Wondering if the general focus here is crits, as I imagine.

Started a Shadow for fun of it, figure it would be a shame to let those 2 lvl 37 claws go to waste. Still, I am wondering if they get any AOE? I am so used to my Marauder going AOE crazy on large groups that this one at a time thing is killing me. Wondering if the general focus here is crits, as I imagine.
I think you can use Whirling Blades with claws but that is not really an AOE. For a true AOE with claws, I think you might have to use a spell.According to the forums though GGG is working on an AOE skill for claws that should be coming soon.http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/87746

I would recommend freezing pulse or ethereal knives

Just finished ACT 3 Normal with my Marauder. WoW so much easier the 2nd time around. I forgot that you lose EXP points when you die in Cruel. I was running around about at level 38 and after 2 hours I am closer to level 37. LOLHey guys look through your loot, and if anyone has any gear weapons or anything else that I could use please hit me up. I tried the trading thing but unless you have a Chaos orb or similar it is useless. I did get a mana leech gem, but I think for the most part it is easier to go to a person's site and just give what they are asking..

I would recommend freezing pulse or ethereal knives
I am using that with the melee attacks and it is pretty potent so far.

Ran to Ledge, farmed it a few times to get to 11 (almost 12). Not as exciting getting yellows for level 10 dudes. :shrug:

'Drifter said:
No, the character im making right now is doing tons of damage and isn't even out of cruel yet. I have zero dual wield talents. My Build atm:Elemental Dual Wield SwordsIt might not make much sense, but my build focuses on increasing my elemental damage and the area of effect of my skills. I'm using cleave for single target and aoe. I'm going through the middle of the tree at the moment to get to iron reflexes and the elemental damage nodes by iron reflexes, after that I will just be picking up life nodes. Very simple builds, very high damage output.Shouldn't be hard at all to do it with physical damage, but I suspect that in the current state of the game if you are going to go physical dual wield that maces are better than swords/axes. Daggers are another possibility.

My armor build

Couple jumps away from 2 Armor/Evasion nodes and another elemental resistance node. Have only taken 2 offensive skills - one because I had to to start and the other because it came with a +20 Dex.

Thoughts? First time through and wasn't following any guides or anything

My armor buildCouple jumps away from 2 Armor/Evasion nodes and another elemental resistance node. Have only taken 2 offensive skills - one because I had to to start and the other because it came with a +20 Dex.Thoughts? First time through and wasn't following any guides or anything
Might want to watch this video, he makes some interesting points about armor. He has a lot of informative videos, I subscribed.

My armor buildCouple jumps away from 2 Armor/Evasion nodes and another elemental resistance node. Have only taken 2 offensive skills - one because I had to to start and the other because it came with a +20 Dex.Thoughts? First time through and wasn't following any guides or anything
Might want to watch this video, he makes some interesting points about armor. He has a lot of informative videos, I subscribed.
wow a spreadsheet for every game? No wonder I suck.

My armor build

Couple jumps away from 2 Armor/Evasion nodes and another elemental resistance node. Have only taken 2 offensive skills - one because I had to to start and the other because it came with a +20 Dex.

My armor build

Yeah, he actually says he has no life in one of his videos. Of course, you do get playing time in between patients :nerd: And those who aren't getting any unique drops, take heart. I've been playing for a month, and had only found 2 uniques the whole time. I found 3 today, including one that's actually useful.

Hey Mad Cow, since you never ever answer me in game :angry:Why do you log on and off constantly when you are farming the Ledge. I know you mentioned it before and I thought it was about saving portal scrolls, but that was not it. I can not figure out what you are doing.

Hey Mad Cow, since you never ever answer me in game :angry:Why do you log on and off constantly when you are farming the Ledge. I know you mentioned it before and I thought it was about saving portal scrolls, but that was not it. I can not figure out what you are doing.
He believes it is faster. I thought it was too until you guys informed me I could cntl-click the two end connectors on the ledge to create the new instance. It is much faster your way.

Users who are viewing this thread