What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (1 Viewer)

Hey Mad Cow, since you never ever answer me in game :angry:Why do you log on and off constantly when you are farming the Ledge. I know you mentioned it before and I thought it was about saving portal scrolls, but that was not it. I can not figure out what you are doing.
He believes it is faster. I thought it was too until you guys informed me I could cntl-click the two end connectors on the ledge to create the new instance. It is much faster your way.
ah ok, so he is re-setting the instance. I thought I might have been missing out on some trick.

Hey Mad Cow, since you never ever answer me in game :angry:Why do you log on and off constantly when you are farming the Ledge. I know you mentioned it before and I thought it was about saving portal scrolls, but that was not it. I can not figure out what you are doing.
He believes it is faster. I thought it was too until you guys informed me I could cntl-click the two end connectors on the ledge to create the new instance. It is much faster your way.
ah ok, so he is re-setting the instance. I thought I might have been missing out on some trick.
I log out so I can auto port back to the town and then can sell my crap. If I didn't care for the loot, I know about the CTL-Click, and even when I log, I still have to CTL-click on the WP. With my computer and my connection, logging is pretty darn fast.Sorry I miss your messages. I will be on and walk away and work for an hour and just leave it on, so I probably miss a lot. I wish there was a tag you could put on your characters to let people know you were AFK.

Never thought I would see a kripparian post on FBGs.Kripps a no lifer, which is fine - this game was made for no lifers, but its still enjoyable for casual players.Discovered his existence mid downward spiral of D3, hes a good guy - theorycrafting is his forte.

Mad Cow, I will be on tonight around 7:30. wife is going to one of those pampered chef type sale things for some other product, so I'll be on after the kids are tucked in for the night. If you are around we can complete the sale on the axe, if not, no sweat.

Mad Cow, I will be on tonight around 7:30. wife is going to one of those pampered chef type sale things for some other product, so I'll be on after the kids are tucked in for the night. If you are around we can complete the sale on the axe, if not, no sweat.
No problem. If not tonight, then tomorrow.

Has anyone purchased the Microtransactions? Is it worth it?
About a year ago 10 bucks for a key and 100 credits.About a week ago 20 bucks to support the game, spent 150 on stash tabs, sitting on the remaining 60 for something cool.

Whether it is worth it is relative to the person, money is tight for me at the moment, but I haven't paid for a game in about a year, courtesy of PoE. The game has been above satisfactory since release, the weekly content patches start next week, its up to you honestly.

Stash tabs are an immediate quality of life increase in my opinion lol, the cosmetic effects are okay some of the skill effects coming out are gonna be awesome.

Tbh honest, if you have money to spare and there is something you want, do what you want.

Apparently, one of the pairs of gloves I got was very valuable. Just got 10 chaos for the pair.

I grabbed the $20 pack for the stash tabs just to reward them for the free game. :shrug:

Freaking docks are ridiculous at even level. Gonna run the Sarn entry level a few times. Not super easy, but I'm not dying and losing xp every other group.

This is a great game, just started playing it and have gone through my typical alt-itis.Some criticisms though that I hope will be addressed soon:1) dependence on +life/+resist/+armor makes passive selection too rigid2) non-intuitive game mechanics (which support gems affect which skill gems, hidden vendor recipes, etc.)3) player avatars ... please let me wear pants! also, some customization of gender/face/clothing would be nice (I'd pay good $ for this)4) trade-based economy needs better item acquisition systems5) more variety in skill types (channeled spells, non-splash AoE, direct damage curses, charge-up and combo'd melee attacks, etc.)6) temporary player buffs should be re-worked, frenzy/endurance/power charge skills are too limiting to be incorporated into most buildsI also wish uniques were removed from the game. You can't support an RNG-based item economy with these competing items.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great game, just started playing it and have gone through my typical alt-itis.Some criticisms though that I hope will be addressed soon:1) dependence on +life/+resist/+armor makes passive selection too rigid2) non-intuitive game mechanics (which support gems affect which skill gems, hidden vendor recipes, etc.)3) player avatars ... please let me wear pants! also, some customization of gender/face/clothing would be nice (I'd pay good $ for this)4) trade-based economy needs better item acquisition systems5) more variety in skill types (channeled spells, non-splash AoE, direct damage curses, charge-up and combo'd melee attacks, etc.)6) temporary player buffs should be re-worked, frenzy/endurance/power charge skills are too limiting to be incorporated into most buildsI also wish uniques were removed from the game. You can't support an RNG-based item economy with these competing items.
All great points. I am very confident 3 and 5 will be addressed in upcoming patches. Not sure about the rest this far into open beta but any or all would be welcomed. Great game even with these things. Still can't believe it is free. I am one who specifically looks to keep my gaming costs down and yet I feel compelled to donate money to support their effort.

Valid criticisms all around, this is what I know so far in regards to them:

This is a great game, just started playing it and have gone through my typical alt-itis.

Some criticisms though that I hope will be addressed soon:

1) dependence on +life/+resist/+armor makes passive selection too rigid
I agree that there is a dependency on Life, Resists and Armor choices. But to me, this is a logical necessity for any role playing game, when it comes to survivability how else would you progress?There has been a lot of talk about skill point allocation is too restrictive, forcing you to invest in life nodes. I disagree with this completely, if you believe the above to be true and you recognize the fact that you earn 100 skill points in the process of leveling up to 80 you are given an incredible amount flexibility but you are still bound by the fundamental rule that if you don't invest in health - then you wont have any, and you will die, and it will suck.

I believe however that there needs to be more keystones that drastically change how someone plays the game.

2) non-intuitive game mechanics (which support gems affect which skill gems, hidden vendor recipes, etc.)
There could be more tool tips, once you get off the beach for the first time, you never see another tool tip, but a lot of the mechanics are complex and tooltips would not help much. Definitely room for improvement.
3) player avatars ... please let me wear pants! also, some customization of gender/face/clothing would be nice (I'd pay good $ for this)
The devs have been really open about this, a lot of the armor models are being reworked, some of the lower level armors will remain pantsless lmfao, but all of the late game armors will be remeshed and pants will be modeled on to them.
4) trade-based economy needs better item acquisition systems
There will never be an official interface, but the unofficial interface for trading at the moment is: PoE Goods - for some reason the ability to link URLs is not working at the moment, the URL for PoE Goods is poe.xyz.is
5) more variety in skill types (channeled spells, non-splash AoE, direct damage curses, charge-up and combo'd melee attacks, etc.)
Weekly content rollout begins next Wednesday, 3 uniques and at least 1 new skill every week (i've heard however that the first couple of weeks will include more than 1 additional skill)
6) temporary player buffs should be re-worked, frenzy/endurance/power charge skills are too limiting to be incorporated into most builds
Included in the upcoming skills are new ways to obtain charges, I agree at the moment power charges are hard to obtain (only obtainable through power siphon), but frenzy and endurance charges have multiple possible routes they can go.
I also wish uniques were removed from the game. You can't support an RNG-based item economy with these competing items.
Come on now, uniques are precisely that - they are unique.They are designed with one main principle in mind, they will never be better than the best rares. They allow unique mods for items which they normally cannot obtain which translates into more unique builds which is exactly what you were arguing against in your first point.

Uniques aren't even incredibly rare Idk how many hours I have played since open beta began, id ballpark it around 100-150, and I have found four unique boots, four unique gloves, two unique shields, two unique helmets, two unique amulets, two unique bows, one unique dagger and one unique sword. 18 total.

'Ignoramus said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
'Ignoramus said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
Anyone have lesser or greater projectiles hit me up. Also looking for faster projectiles. I think that linking my weapon 1 handed 3 link with lightning - lesser/greater projectiles - lightning - faster projectiles will be my best bet.
I think I have a spare LMP. I'll check this evening.
Thanks
Shoot, I do not. The only other green support gem I have is Fork.You're welcome to that.
Picked up an LMP last night if you're still interested.

Just to comment on a few:#1 - They had a much different skill tree about a year ago that was far more complex and they paired it down to its current version. What you want is what they had and they arent going back#3 - They will be coming out with PURCHASABLE skins. You want pants, I believe you will be able to buy some. I like to free ball it though#4 - They are working on this

They want this economy to work, they should facilitate it. I loved how in LOTRO, if I was trading/selling crap I could send that person mail COD and it would all be handled as people checked their mailboxes and approved, etc. I have someone across the world right now trying to buy something, but finding times we are both on is not easy.

Question about re-assigning skill tree pts -- for example, if you have a node for Strength +10 and want to trade that for another node, will all your other skill tree nodes that are connected to that particular Strength +10 node be removed?

Question about re-assigning skill tree pts -- for example, if you have a node for Strength +10 and want to trade that for another node, will all your other skill tree nodes that are connected to that particular Strength +10 node be removed?
You have to remove them all before you get to the previous connected one.

Sorry if I seem dense but I'm not sure what you mean -- will "I" have to remove them or will the game do it automatically? And what do you mean by "before you get to the previous connected one?"

Sorry if I seem dense but I'm not sure what you mean -- will "I" have to remove them or will the game do it automatically? And what do you mean by "before you get to the previous connected one?"
You have to remove each one yourself. You can not choose any node to remove, only nodes that are on the end of chains are allowed to be removed.

If the path goes +5 life ---> +10 life ---> +15 life, you can't just respec the +10 node and keep the +15 one.

There will never be an official interface, but the unofficial interface for trading at the moment is: PoE Goods - for some reason the ability to link URLs is not working at the moment, the URL for PoE Goods is poe.xyz.is
THANK YOU. This link let me know how crappy my gear was for my level, I picked up a maul that increased my DPS by 300+ AND had better overall stats.

Just to comment on a few:#1 - They had a much different skill tree about a year ago that was far more complex and they paired it down to its current version. What you want is what they had and they arent going back#3 - They will be coming out with PURCHASABLE skins. You want pants, I believe you will be able to buy some. I like to free ball it though#4 - They are working on this
Do you have any extra information on #4? The best I have seen are the links tha Run It Up posted recently and earlier in the thread that can be used as search tools.

What should I offer for gems like Chain and Fork that are 0% quality?It would be great if there was a tool that some how kept track of an average cost of an item for the last week so that you could have a rough idea what to offer.

What should I offer for gems like Chain and Fork?It would be great if there was a tool that some how kept track of an average cost of an item for the last week so that you could have a rough idea what to offer.
I'd say a Chaos or 2 to start? It really depends so much on who is selling.

Do you have any extra information on #4? The best I have seen are the links tha Run It Up posted recently and earlier in the thread that can be used as search tools.
From what I remember them posting, they are working on making some sort of forum/chat channel system that will mesh in some way. They will not do an auction house, but I do know they are/were working on a better system.

I also wish uniques were removed from the game. You can't support an RNG-based item economy with these competing items.
Come on now, uniques are precisely that - they are unique.They are designed with one main principle in mind, they will never be better than the best rares. They allow unique mods for items which they normally cannot obtain which translates into more unique builds which is exactly what you were arguing against in your first point.Uniques aren't even incredibly rare Idk how many hours I have played since open beta began, id ballpark it around 100-150, and I have found four unique boots, four unique gloves, two unique shields, two unique helmets, two unique amulets, two unique bows, one unique dagger and one unique sword. 18 total.[/QUOTE]But uniques are frequently best-in-slot, precisely because their mods can enable builds. That doesn't promote item diversity, it cripples the economy for everything but the uppermost echelon of rares - which need no assistance being valuable in the first place. I'm actually dismayed that they'll be introducing more uniques every week - I don't want to be able to pre-plan my exact build gear, that takes away the motivation to acquire loot in the first place!

I will be honest and say frankly, there are some exceptions, but I have seen that the good rares are head and shoulders above uniques for overall utility.

Anyone have lesser or greater projectiles hit me up. Also looking for faster projectiles. I think that linking my weapon 1 handed 3 link with lightning - lesser/greater projectiles - lightning - faster projectiles will be my best bet.
Thanks
Shoot, I do not. The only other green support gem I have is Fork.You're welcome to that.
got one farming the ledge.

Thanks
Nice. I wish I were getting some sweet gems. Oh well.I have been farming that area right before Sarn because voideaters in the Docks right now eat me up, and crap me out before I even know what happened, and I am not undergeared either. :hot:

Thanks
Nice. I wish I were getting some sweet gems. Oh well.I have been farming that area right before Sarn because voideaters in the Docks right now eat me up, and crap me out before I even know what happened, and I am not undergeared either. :hot:
I think we're the same class and about the same level, would be interested in comparing stats. I've got 1.2k health and about 1k damage with ground slam, more with heavy strike and infernal blow.

Come on now, uniques are precisely that - they are unique.They are designed with one main principle in mind, they will never be better than the best rares. They allow unique mods for items which they normally cannot obtain which translates into more unique builds which is exactly what you were arguing against in your first point.

Uniques aren't even incredibly rare Idk how many hours I have played since open beta began, id ballpark it around 100-150, and I have found four unique boots, four unique gloves, two unique shields, two unique helmets, two unique amulets, two unique bows, one unique dagger and one unique sword. 18 total.
But uniques are frequently best-in-slot, precisely because their mods can enable builds. That doesn't promote item diversity, it cripples the economy for everything but the uppermost echelon of rares - which need no assistance being valuable in the first place. I'm actually dismayed that they'll be introducing more uniques every week - I don't want to be able to pre-plan my exact build gear, that takes away the motivation to acquire loot in the first place![/QUOTE]Except they arent.This is the case in one instance and its debatable even at that, Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate is widely considered the best unique in the game - it provides 1000 additional life but at the cost of its low max armor of around 680 and it can't have any sockets at all. This is a huge problem if you aren't a 2h user or a bow user.

The only other unique really in the running is Lioneyes Glare Imperial Bow, which is going to be nerfed in one way or another, it still isn't the best bow in the game for physical or elemental builds, but it allows for bow users to drop resolute technique (which gives never miss, never crit) because Lioneye's Glare's unique mod is never miss.

Your second point is awful, and I think this just isn't the type of game for you - if you play this game without a build in mind then you will fail everytime adding variety is always better.

Thanks
I lost another HC character, this time to the Docks, caused me to uninstall the game for a second time (too much of a time sink). Docks aren't bad in groups but when you are solo and everything is aiming at you and you try to fight mobs in those channels (between the square "pallets") it gets pretty dangerous. Since this was HC I was 3 levels above the suggested level for the content, all of my nodes were either HP, Shield, Armor, or Resistances, and had like 60% cold resist plus my dps was pretty insane something like 1500 dps at L35 with full frenzy charges.build

Thanks
I think we're the same class and about the same level, would be interested in comparing stats. I've got 1.2k health and about 1k damage with ground slam, more with heavy strike and infernal blow.
I am about 1500 health and damage is around yours. Level 52 marauder.

Come on now, uniques are precisely that - they are unique.They are designed with one main principle in mind, they will never be better than the best rares. They allow unique mods for items which they normally cannot obtain which translates into more unique builds which is exactly what you were arguing against in your first point.Uniques aren't even incredibly rare Idk how many hours I have played since open beta began, id ballpark it around 100-150, and I have found four unique boots, four unique gloves, two unique shields, two unique helmets, two unique amulets, two unique bows, one unique dagger and one unique sword. 18 total.
But uniques are frequently best-in-slot, precisely because their mods can enable builds. That doesn't promote item diversity, it cripples the economy for everything but the uppermost echelon of rares - which need no assistance being valuable in the first place. I'm actually dismayed that they'll be introducing more uniques every week - I don't want to be able to pre-plan my exact build gear, that takes away the motivation to acquire loot in the first place![/QUOTE] I must be doing something wrong because I've probably logged close to 50 hrs of game play and I've only wound up with one unique...and its a pair of gloves I don't even use. I have my increased rarity % mods as high as I can get them too.

Come on now, uniques are precisely that - they are unique.They are designed with one main principle in mind, they will never be better than the best rares. They allow unique mods for items which they normally cannot obtain which translates into more unique builds which is exactly what you were arguing against in your first point.Uniques aren't even incredibly rare Idk how many hours I have played since open beta began, id ballpark it around 100-150, and I have found four unique boots, four unique gloves, two unique shields, two unique helmets, two unique amulets, two unique bows, one unique dagger and one unique sword. 18 total.
But uniques are frequently best-in-slot, precisely because their mods can enable builds. That doesn't promote item diversity, it cripples the economy for everything but the uppermost echelon of rares - which need no assistance being valuable in the first place. I'm actually dismayed that they'll be introducing more uniques every week - I don't want to be able to pre-plan my exact build gear, that takes away the motivation to acquire loot in the first place!
I must be doing something wrong because I've probably logged close to 50 hrs of game play and I've only wound up with one unique...and its a pair of gloves I don't even use. I have my increased rarity % mods as high as I can get them too.[/QUOTE]You can farm these at a rate of about 10+ per hour with boss runs and multi-logging. This is why you constantly see people spamming 10+ uniques in trade chat (these are the ones they don't trash).Also, consider what would happen when you have a million people actively playing the game. At a rate of even 1 unique per 50 hours, that would generate 20000 uniques per hour across the league.

But uniques are frequently best-in-slot, precisely because their mods can enable builds. That doesn't promote item diversity, it cripples the economy for everything but the uppermost echelon of rares - which need no assistance being valuable in the first place. I'm actually dismayed that they'll be introducing more uniques every week - I don't want to be able to pre-plan my exact build gear, that takes away the motivation to acquire loot in the first place!
Except they arent.This is the case in one instance and its debatable even at that, Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate is widely considered the best unique in the game - it provides 1000 additional life but at the cost of its low max armor of around 680 and it can't have any sockets at all. This is a huge problem if you aren't a 2h user or a bow user.

The only other unique really in the running is Lioneyes Glare Imperial Bow, which is going to be nerfed in one way or another, it still isn't the best bow in the game for physical or elemental builds, but it allows for bow users to drop resolute technique (which gives never miss, never crit) because Lioneye's Glare's unique mod is never miss.

Your second point is awful, and I think this just isn't the type of game for you - if you play this game without a build in mind then you will fail everytime adding variety is always better.

[/QUOTE]You're just flat wrong. Plenty of uniques are best-in-slot at all levels for certain builds.And you misunderstood the second point. Once you have a best-in-slot for your build, you no longer need to keep looking for upgrades, which is the whole point of ARPGs. If I can easily identify and buy all of the best-in-slots, all I need to do is appropriately level my character to use them and be fully equipped. Eliminating the search for gear by the introduction of a deep pool of uniques is a mistake.

I must be doing something wrong because I've probably logged close to 50 hrs of game play and I've only wound up with one unique...and its a pair of gloves I don't even use. I have my increased rarity % mods as high as I can get them too.[/QUOTE]If you are looking to find uniques your gonna be in for a wait, pretty much anytime im not farming I'm leveling a new character, which is pseudo farming in my opinion.Maybe instead of focusing on magic find stats focus on dps/survival gear, I only have what rarity/quantity stats that is coincidentally on my gear - efficient clearing is just as if not better than magicfinding simply because of the speed difference.

I am about 1500 health and damage is around yours. Level 52 marauder.
Actually, just logged on. I was right about the damage, but I have 2k health. This is a health centric build, though.

Forgot to mention I acquired a Silverbranch unique bow yesterday for a chaos and an alch.Tested it out by starting a new Ranger that I plan to make pure physical, its ridiculous.Got to ledge in 15 minutes, got to forest encampment at level 15 in 35 minutes, lvl 19 now cleared half of act 2 at 1 hour and 20 minutes played.Silverbranch, best leveling weapon north america.

How do I link my character on here? I would like you guys to look at my stuff and see if I am missing something. THanks. I think I may need to trade some stuff to make my character better. I have a #### load of gems that I don't think I can use. In fact I have several duplicate gems and some triplicate gems.

How do I link my character on here? I would like you guys to look at my stuff and see if I am missing something. THanks. I think I may need to trade some stuff to make my character better. I have a #### load of gems that I don't think I can use. In fact I have several duplicate gems and some triplicate gems.
I don't think you can link the equipment directly. You can link the skill tree.To share with others your equipment, I believe you have to start a thread on the forum and then link your stuff into the post and then share the post's link with others.

Most of the pieces are there a few things though.-You invest quite heavily into one handed weapon nodes, which is fine but a few of them that you have taken are crit chance/dmg nodes, but you have resolute technique which makes you incapable of critting.-There are two body and soul areas in the templar tree, you have 4 points in the top one, but the bottom one is only 4 points. You should probably get both if you are going "tank" but the 4 points in the top one nets you 32% increased armor and ES, the same 4 points in the bottom one nets you 44% increased armor and ES as well as 10% all resists.-What skills are you using? You have points directed towards increased area nodes, elemental damage nodes and one handed nodes, all fine and good just curious because you might not be utilizing all of them.-I would probably respec the 6% one handed damage node at the beginning of the templar tree, point for point its not that great.

Most of the pieces are there a few things though.-You invest quite heavily into one handed weapon nodes, which is fine but a few of them that you have taken are crit chance/dmg nodes, but you have resolute technique which makes you incapable of critting.-There are two body and soul areas in the templar tree, you have 4 points in the top one, but the bottom one is only 4 points. You should probably get both if you are going "tank" but the 4 points in the top one nets you 32% increased armor and ES, the same 4 points in the bottom one nets you 44% increased armor and ES as well as 10% all resists.-What skills are you using? You have points directed towards increased area nodes, elemental damage nodes and one handed nodes, all fine and good just curious because you might not be utilizing all of them.-I would probably respec the 6% one handed damage node at the beginning of the templar tree, point for point its not that great.
thanksThe current build has my character using a 1 handed weapon. Trying to get the most DPS right now by trading. It is linked to LS. I am currently using Mana for my auras and as you see I almost pulled the trigger on Blood Magic, but unless Life uses less than Mana I don't see the upside. I have a shield at around 400 armour, chest at 400 armour, and I am currently looking for boots and gloves to boost up my armour even more. My necklace and rings are geared towards resistance. The build is based off "Templar God Build" that people have been adding too and taking away from on the forum. The big argument is whether to use Blood Magic or not. So should I take away the resolute techique or the chance/dmg nodes? I will look at the bottom node for the 44% increase and 10% resist

Users who are viewing this thread