What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

Most of the pieces are there a few things though.-You invest quite heavily into one handed weapon nodes, which is fine but a few of them that you have taken are crit chance/dmg nodes, but you have resolute technique which makes you incapable of critting.-There are two body and soul areas in the templar tree, you have 4 points in the top one, but the bottom one is only 4 points. You should probably get both if you are going "tank" but the 4 points in the top one nets you 32% increased armor and ES, the same 4 points in the bottom one nets you 44% increased armor and ES as well as 10% all resists.-What skills are you using? You have points directed towards increased area nodes, elemental damage nodes and one handed nodes, all fine and good just curious because you might not be utilizing all of them.-I would probably respec the 6% one handed damage node at the beginning of the templar tree, point for point its not that great.
thanksThe current build has my character using a 1 handed weapon. Trying to get the most DPS right now by trading. It is linked to LS. I am currently using Mana for my auras and as you see I almost pulled the trigger on Blood Magic, but unless Life uses less than Mana I don't see the upside. I have a shield at around 400 armour, chest at 400 armour, and I am currently looking for boots and gloves to boost up my armour even more. My necklace and rings are geared towards resistance. The build is based off "Templar God Build" that people have been adding too and taking away from on the forum. The big argument is whether to use Blood Magic or not. So should I take away the resolute techique or the chance/dmg nodes? I will look at the bottom node for the 44% increase and 10% resist
As far as the Body and Soul nodes go, I would just put the last two in the top one and fill out the bottom one later.As far as the Resolute Technique vs Crit Nodes, I have to say that Resolute Technique is one of the best keystones in the game, never having to worry about accuracy is a huge advantage and in the end the damages are relatively close to each other, if you want reliable flat damage keep resolute and remove the crit nodes, if you want unreliable damage with potential for bursts then remove resolute technique.For blood magic its important to note that the %life regen nodes you get and life leech is what makes blood magic so strong, if you slap the life leech support on your lightning strike then a flat percentage of the damage you deal is healed over time to your character (maximum of 20% of your max health per second), the life leech gem starts at 1% of damage done leeched back as life, at lvl 20 life leech steals 8%! My ranger has 4k health and uses blood magic, I run Anger+Wrath+Grace (with reduced cost support its roughly 400 reserved), my single target skill costs 112 life to use, my aoe costs 200, I have almost 3 attacks per second. With my life regen + life leech I'm rarely if ever not at full health.Blood magic is in my opinion the strongest keystone on the tree, its only downside is you need enough life to support it and you are restricted from being able to use the %life reserved auras like Purity or Determinaiton, I would say 1k is the minimum but after that its golden.

What level are you? You seem to be too much into damage, and not enough into life. Run it up is right about the Crit, get rid of all of that. Also make sure you have a high damage weapon. I was struggling in cruel and upgraded my weapon significantly, made all the difference in the world. When I first started struggling in an act 2 characters ago, I looked to health and resist items. But don't underestimate how much killing things faster will help your survival.

What level are you? You seem to be too much into damage, and not enough into life. Run it up is right about the Crit, get rid of all of that. Also make sure you have a high damage weapon. I was struggling in cruel and upgraded my weapon significantly, made all the difference in the world. When I first started struggling in an act 2 characters ago, I looked to health and resist items. But don't underestimate how much killing things faster will help your survival.
weapon is 80 to 171 dps

weapon is 80 to 171 dps
What level are you though? I have tons of rares, could maybe give you something better.

Here are the changes coming for 0.10.2 next week. Incinerate looks like fun! Not thrilled they nerfed poison arrow. Anyone who is playing a duelist may have their skill tree reset so read below for more info.

0.10.2 introduces a new intelligence skill called Incinerate. This skill causes your character to launch a torrent of fire from its hand. The longer you repeatedly cast the skill from the same location, the larger and more damaging the flames become. We're expecting to unveil screenshots or video of this skill once tweaking has been finished.Incinerate was introduced as the first of our Open Beta skills because fire casters really needed an additional skill. We wanted to make it substantially different to Flame Totem (which acts as a standard flamethrower effect), so that's why we introduced the mechanic where it does more damage the longer you stand still. Incinerate goes through four separate damage stages. By the last one, it's very effective, especially when combined with appropriate support gems. Of course, standing still in the face of monsters does pose survivability problems, so it presents many tactical choices in combat..0.10.2 also contains many other minor features. I've listed some below (note that this list is not complete and many could be removed or modified!)Changes to the Duelist passive skill tree to make the class more powerful. It's likely that only characters who are affected by the moved skills will have their passive trees reset.Passive skill allocation now requires confirmation to prevent misclicks.Substantial changes to voice acting including Act One NPCs and overhauls of the Lion and Beast sounds.Damage boosts to at least five skills.Nerfs to low levels of Poison Arrow and Fire Trap. They're still pretty good though.Level 78 and 79 item mods.Improvements to the visual effects of several skills.A new monster skill. Snakes needed to have more ways to kill you, right?A new 3v3 PvP arena.Changes to the variance of pack sizes in end-game Maps. It has a lot of effect on pacing.Many more changes and bug fixes that will be in the full patch notes.With Incinerate filling the gap for fire casters, we've scheduled an area-of-effect melee skill for 0.10.3. This patch is due the week after 0.10.2.In addition to the changes scheduled for these weekly content patches, work continues on deeper issues such as movement simulation sync, client effect performance in large parties and security changes. These will be deployed in whatever the next patch is as soon as they're ready. There are different people working on content for the weekly patches than those improving platform issues.

weapon is 80 to 171 dps
What level are you though? I have tons of rares, could maybe give you something better.
Sorry so long to get back to you. I went from level 40 to 44 tonight. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the changes coming for 0.10.2 next week. Incinerate looks like fun! Not thrilled they nerfed poison arrow. Anyone who is playing a duelist may have their skill tree reset so read below for more info.

Passive skill allocation now requires confirmation to prevent misclicks.Substantial changes to voice acting including Act One NPCs and overhauls of the Lion and Beast sounds.Damage boosts to at least five skills.Nerfs to low levels of Poison Arrow and Fire Trap. They're still pretty good though.Level 78 and 79 item mods.Improvements to the visual effects of several skills.
Pretty excited about the above, a little bummed to find out the rumor of them starting out by releasing more than one skill a week to be just a rumor.I suspect the melee skill they hinted at will actually be hugely popular, unless its a claw skill :thumbdown:

I wasn't happy with the way they changed security with logins, but then last night, someone from China tried to access my account. I'll deal with it. It is a decent compromise.

If anyone has an extra Lesser Multiple Projectiles support gem they don't need, let me know and we can try and agree on a trade.
I don't have that, but I actually lucked into a Greater Multiple Projectiles. Which is way better. But, I'm probably going to either sell it for mad currency or use it. Unless you can offer insane Marauder gear. Like a maul or something with huge plus to life.
Any interest in an exalted orb plus something else for the GMP?
GMP is 2-4 GCP, 1 exalted is roughly 5 GCP :nerd: But I have a spare LMP if you still need it, I don't know why you would be up at 3am (or why I am up,) but if you are on, or if you get on tomorrow ill give it to you.
Yeah, exalted seems like too much. If you have some chaos or (more) alchs we can talk.
How about 1 exalted for the GMP and 2 GCP?I some how have ended up with more exalted orbs than other orbs so I think we need to use the exalted.If you are interested let me know.
I don't have any GCP. I seem to be allergic to the higher gems.
Crap. We seem to have polar opposite orbs :)How about 1 exalted for the GMP + something else (some armor or weapon quality improvement pieces?)
I'm currency starved, and I've picked up a few more gems. I have GMP, Chain, Temporal Chains and Faster attacks. I'm liking my Marauder, so I might not use the GMP, maybe we can make a deal if you still have the exalted.

If anyone has an extra Lesser Multiple Projectiles support gem they don't need, let me know and we can try and agree on a trade.
I don't have that, but I actually lucked into a Greater Multiple Projectiles. Which is way better. But, I'm probably going to either sell it for mad currency or use it. Unless you can offer insane Marauder gear. Like a maul or something with huge plus to life.
GMP is 2-4 GCP, 1 exalted is roughly 5 GCP :nerd: But I have a spare LMP if you still need it, I don't know why you would be up at 3am (or why I am up,) but if you are on, or if you get on tomorrow ill give it to you.
Yeah, exalted seems like too much. If you have some chaos or (more) alchs we can talk.
How about 1 exalted for the GMP and 2 GCP?I some how have ended up with more exalted orbs than other orbs so I think we need to use the exalted.If you are interested let me know.
Crap. We seem to have polar opposite orbs :)How about 1 exalted for the GMP + something else (some armor or weapon quality improvement pieces?)
I'm currency starved, and I've picked up a few more gems. I have GMP, Chain, Temporal Chains and Faster attacks. I'm liking my Marauder, so I might not use the GMP, maybe we can make a deal if you still have the exalted.
How about GMP + Chain for 1 exalted?

Deal. Unless I'm getting screwed, would like Run it Ups input:)

Sounds good. Just let me know what you decide.
I'll do it, just got another Chain. I think it's fair. Next time I see you online I'll whisper you. Along that vein, me and MadCow did some farming the other day, went pretty well. Would like to see more of that, it's really good for XP and ok for drops. I'm currently level 56, in Act 1 Merciless. But I've also been running the Catacombs in level 3 Cruel. Level 53, same as the ledge in Merciless. (And your resistances don't suck as much, plus there's a chance for a large chest)

Pretty fair deal.
Thank you sir. I would like an extra chaos out of it, but that's just because I'm immune to higher currency. I'll do it straight up though for a FBG. And Andy, level up some so you can do some party action with Madcow and I, it's sweet.
I think I will, that partying sounds like fun! I am wasting too much time on my other farming character. I think I should get back to my main character, which I probably will after this trade. I am interested to see how GMP and Chain will work with my lightening arrow.

Blessed it once and got perfect +40 life.
Nice work on the roll!What makes +40 perfect? Is that the highest implicit life stat you can get?Edit: Ahh, yes I see that it is now. Coolhttp://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/jewelry/order-by/implicit_mods/order/asc

My duelist is up to level 43 now. I switched to 2h from dual wield. Quadrupled my DPS. So if anyone has any nice 2h axes, I am in the market. Also hope to get some partying in when I hit merciless .

My duelist is up to level 43 now. I switched to 2h from dual wield. Quadrupled my DPS. So if anyone has any nice 2h axes, I am in the market. Also hope to get some partying in when I hit merciless .
By switching so late, does the make any passive points you may have spent on dual wielding wasted?

I take a ton of damage from those Snakes. It must be chaos damage. They are the only thing that does really any damage at this point. I had to fight Oak on my own and after about 10 minutes I couldn't do any damage and wasn't taking any damage. It was the ultimate stale mate. Frustrating.I started playing on my desktop computer last night, and it is sooooooo much easier than playing on a laptop.

I don't know if it's any better than what you have now, but I have a Jade Chopper, level 37 required. 64-100 physical damage, 2-53 lighting damage. +5% attack speed, 2% of physical mana leech, 193 accuracy. You're welcome to it if you want it. Once you level up a little more, I have other options.

I have a few nice axes or maces 2H that I can offer. Look at my store. Free to a FBG.

:blackdot: Just started playing last night. I'm going to go back and start to read through the thread, but if anyone is willing to give some pointers to a newb, I'd appreciate it! I started a ranger. I've been IDing and selling pretty much everything I'm not using to the two merchants in the first town. Is there a better market for early level gear?

:blackdot: Just started playing last night. I'm going to go back and start to read through the thread, but if anyone is willing to give some pointers to a newb, I'd appreciate it! I started a ranger. I've been IDing and selling pretty much everything I'm not using to the two merchants in the first town. Is there a better market for early level gear?
No not at the moment.I wouldn't start saving gear until the midlevels to be honest, with the instability of the economy at the moment the only movable low level gear are the uniques used for leveling characters quicker.

There is a ton of good advice in the thread. Very complicated and fun game mechanically. Read the first post in the following thread thouroughly and then come back here with questions. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707After that, take a moment and use the passive skill tree on the web site to plan out a build up to level 40-45 or so and then post he link here. People will be able to look at your build and give you pointers before you waste any skill points since the ability to respec in this game is low.Also, post your character name here so that you can be added to our FBG social group in game.

Look at the thread on your build. There will be a ton of different ones to choose from, and one that would suit your playing style. They are simply guides but most of them will help you out a ton. I played for a long time just wondering around the skill tree and it was a bad outcome. A lot of guys on here play too much so post your newb questions in here and someone will probably be able to shoot you in the right direction.

'SHIZNITTTT said:
'Dragons said:
Look at the thread on your build. There will be a ton of different ones to choose from, and one that would suit your playing style. They are simply guides but most of them will help you out a ton. I played for a long time just wondering around the skill tree and it was a bad outcome. A lot of guys on here play too much so post your newb questions in here and someone will probably be able to shoot you in the right direction.
Yeah, I strongly recommend trying a posted build, at least at first. When I started, I tried a physical damage Shadow archer, which failed at about level 23. Then I tried a molten shell witch, which was ok, but kind of involved. Then I tried the newbie friendly Marauder build, and it rocks. Level 59 merciless, and going strong.

Has anyone else had Mainland China try to hack their account? Twice now. It is funny because it is a free game. There cannot be that much money in it.

Decided to grind a few maps before leveling my physical ranger up.Found a crappy unique dagger and a 33 life leather belt.Chanced the belt and got +93 life and +32% lightning resistance. Decided to regal it and got +39% lightning resistance.Blessed it once and got perfect +40 life.Easy game...Belt ive been using for 57 levels on left, belt I just rolled on the right
If you don't want that old belt, it better than what I'm using. Just sayin...
Its better than every other belt I have and with its low lvl requirement I will likely never stop using it on my alternate characters.
Has anyone else had Mainland China try to hack their account? Twice now. It is funny because it is a free game. There cannot be that much money in it.
Not with PoE, but with other games and forums yes.The process is mostly automated, they have large collections of email addresses that they try to bruteforce, just gotta make sure your password is reasonably complex I use the xkcd pseudo-passphrase method just for ease of remembering, but its less secure than using a 25 char-numeric password.

Just bought a 39 health belt, chanced it and got crap. Altered it twice and got 1 thing on the 2nd time - 5.0 life per second regen. That sounds pretty freaking high. So I augmented it and got 28 armour. So a belt with 39 life, 5.0 life rege per second and 28 armour sounds pretty nice to me for survivability. THoughts?

Just bought a 39 health belt, chanced it and got crap. Altered it twice and got 1 thing on the 2nd time - 5.0 life per second regen. That sounds pretty freaking high. So I augmented it and got 28 armour. So a belt with 39 life, 5.0 life rege per second and 28 armour sounds pretty nice to me for survivability. THoughts?
The belt I'm using now has 124 life and some cold resist. I like more life for survivability.

Decided to grind a few maps before leveling my physical ranger up.Found a crappy unique dagger and a 33 life leather belt.Chanced the belt and got +93 life and +32% lightning resistance. Decided to regal it and got +39% lightning resistance.Blessed it once and got perfect +40 life.Easy game...Belt ive been using for 57 levels on left, belt I just rolled on the right
If you don't want that old belt, it better than what I'm using. Just sayin...
Its better than every other belt I have and with its low lvl requirement I will likely never stop using it on my alternate characters.
Don't blame you, that's an awesome belt.

'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:
There is a ton of good advice in the thread. Very complicated and fun game mechanically. Read the first post in the following thread thouroughly and then come back here with questions. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707After that, take a moment and use the passive skill tree on the web site to plan out a build up to level 40-45 or so and then post he link here. People will be able to look at your build and give you pointers before you waste any skill points since the ability to respec in this game is low.Also, post your character name here so that you can be added to our FBG social group in game.
I've made it through the first 400 posts so far, but the thread is obviously massive so it'll take some time! This link helps expedite the info, thanks!

'SHIZNITTTT said:
'Dragons said:
Do you have a quick link to the build threads? Is it in the beta forum? I'll start perusing that after finishing the linked post.

'SHIZNITTTT said:
'Dragons said:
Do you have a quick link to the build threads? Is it in the beta forum? I'll start perusing that after finishing the linked post.
Here is a link to the Ranger forumhttp://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/24Don't forget to post your character name.

If I have an item with the following linked sockets0-0-0If I put a support gem in the middle and two skills on the sides, both of which can support the skill Gem, which skill benefits from the support gem?

Users who are viewing this thread