What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

Hmmm...Something seems strange with the security or maybe I don't understand the mechanicsLast night I was informed that someone from Canada tried logged into my account, so GGG locked my account and sent me an unlock code to my email.That worked fine.This morning the same thing happened, but what seems strange to me is that the location that tried to access my account was literally 5 minutes from where I am sitting right now. That seems way to coincidental to me. Need to unlock again.
Dang seedy Canucks!

Two questions today

1) I don't feel like I am using Frenzy correctly. How do you guys best employ this skill? Should it be treated as a temp buff and only be used in dire situations?

2) If I am at a quest reward and one of the NPC's offers me an item to choose, can I stop right there and go back to my stash to double check that I don't pick a duplicate or is it too late by that time?

I have an idea. I keep forgetting the mapping between character/user name and FBG name.

If your username is not obvious who you are at FBG, lets put our FBG name right into the status message area. I just did it with mine.

Two questions today1) I don't feel like I am using Frenzy correctly. How do you guys best employ this skill? Should it be treated as a temp buff and only be used in dire situations?2) If I am at a quest reward and one of the NPC's offers me an item to choose, can I stop right there and go back to my stash to double check that I don't pick a duplicate or is it too late by that time?
You can always exit out of the reward and it shows up as a chat dialogue when you come back

:lol: ran in there, first group had 2 bosses. One had his allies reflect physical damage and the other do significantly more physical damage. :lol:

Mad Cow = pVVn3d and all my 50% of my XP gone from level 53 to 54. :hot:

:lol: ran in there, first group had 2 bosses. One had his allies reflect physical damage and the other do significantly more physical damage. :lol:

What level was ledge? Just because you can go there doesn't mean you shouldn't level up first haha.Seems damage reflect mobs are some of the biggest PITA, this seems like an interesting build to try:

dual spork totem

Last edited by a moderator:

What level was ledge? Just because you can go there doesn't mean you shouldn't level up first haha.
53. I am 53. Back to cruel for a bit, or maybe zombies around Lioneye. Or those freaking rhoa.

Two questions today1) I don't feel like I am using Frenzy correctly. How do you guys best employ this skill? Should it be treated as a temp buff and only be used in dire situations?2) If I am at a quest reward and one of the NPC's offers me an item to choose, can I stop right there and go back to my stash to double check that I don't pick a duplicate or is it too late by that time?
1) Frenzy is an interesting skill, it grants frenzy charges which increase attack speed, but the skill itself also increases in attack speed and damage per frenzy charge you have. There are in my opinion two ways to use frenzy. Both are viable and my physical ranger I'm leveling at the moment with 6 (soon to be 7) frenzy charges does ridiculous damage for how crappy the bow im using is.-As a single target attack with which you keep up your charges for as long as possible, if you are a physical damage bow user frenzy is far and away the best physical single target attack, it grants you attack speed, the skill itself doubles down on that boost and then you get a flat damage increase.-As a temporary buff, get up your charges and then AoE at an increased speed.2) Yes, you never even have to accept quest rewards, you can return to the npc at any time and there will be an option in his dialog box that will say "claim -quest name- reward".

So I think I am reduced to farming that area before Lioneye for now :bag:

Lots of slow, easy mobs, you usually get 3-4 yellows and a given 1 red boss. You could do worse for farming at merciless.

So I think I am reduced to farming that area before Lioneye for now :bag:Lots of slow, easy mobs, you usually get 3-4 yellows and a given 1 red boss. You could do worse for farming at merciless.
You could farm the catacombs in cruel. Level 53 but you have more resists. Chance for a large chest that drops a ton of stuff.

So I think I am reduced to farming that area before Lioneye for now :bag:Lots of slow, easy mobs, you usually get 3-4 yellows and a given 1 red boss. You could do worse for farming at merciless.
You could farm the catacombs in cruel. Level 53 but you have more resists. Chance for a large chest that drops a ton of stuff.
I have actually never done catacombs. How are they to farm in cruel with melee? How close to the WP is it? I have seen it but it is a run across the map to the left right?

I have actually never done catacombs. How are they to farm in cruel with melee? How close to the WP is it? I have seen it but it is a run across the map to the left right?
A colossal pain, or real easy.Catacombs has a hodgepodge mixture of mobs.

Mostly spiders and melee mobs. Maybe some casters. Maybe a few Necromancers, not too many. From the waypoint, it's usually either due East or due North.

Mostly spiders and melee mobs. Maybe some casters. Maybe a few Necromancers, not too many. From the waypoint, it's usually either due East or due North.
I think I went in there once just a room or two and was pounced upon by bows, spells and melee. I left. :bag:

I think I went in there once just a room or two and was pounced upon by bows, spells and melee. I left. :bag:
Try it again when you've leveled up some. The end can be tough, there's usually a ton of blue mobs, some rares and a summoner. I kite them.

1) Frenzy is an interesting skill, it grants frenzy charges which increase attack speed, but the skill itself also increases in attack speed and damage per frenzy charge you have. There are in my opinion two ways to use frenzy. Both are viable and my physical ranger I'm leveling at the moment with 6 (soon to be 7) frenzy charges does ridiculous damage for how crappy the bow im using is.-As a single target attack with which you keep up your charges for as long as possible, if you are a physical damage bow user frenzy is far and away the best physical single target attack, it grants you attack speed, the skill itself doubles down on that boost and then you get a flat damage increase.-As a temporary buff, get up your charges and then AoE at an increased speed.2) Yes, you never even have to accept quest rewards, you can return to the npc at any time and there will be an option in his dialog box that will say "claim -quest name- reward".
Thank you!

Of the roughly 40 times i have died in normal, i think 35 are identical. Stupidly run into a room, get surrounded on all sides and can't get away to heal.

Hopefully by death 100 I will see the pattern :unsure:

Of the roughly 40 times i have died in normal, i think 35 are identical. Stupidly run into a room, get surrounded on all sides and can't get away to heel. Hopefully by death 100 I will see the pattern :unsure:
Whirling blades is a very nice escape maneuver to get out of mobs.

I have an idea. I keep forgetting the mapping between character/user name and FBG name.If your username is not obvious who you are at FBG, lets put our FBG name right into the status message area. I just did it with mine.
Reminder for those that have not done this yet.Just type S in game and that brings up the social menu, and at the top of the menu is your status bar. You can type your FBG name in there and then it makes for an easy mapping for people to know who they are talking to (if your user name is not like your FBG name that is).

I read a thread the other day on the forums where a guy supposedly used 600 Fusing Orbs on one piece of equipment to try and get a 6L.

How many hours would this guy have logged in just Open Beta to acquire that many fusing orbs?

I have a acquired a total of 3 Fusing in 50 hours of play.

I read a thread the other day on the forums where a guy supposedly used 600 Fusing Orbs on one piece of equipment to try and get a 6L.How many hours would this guy have logged in just Open Beta to acquire that many fusing orbs?I have a acquired a total of 3 Fusing in 50 hours of play.
I've gotten lots of fusings. Plus you can get them from vendors. I'm still immune to the higher gems, although I did find a regal last night.

I read a thread the other day on the forums where a guy supposedly used 600 Fusing Orbs on one piece of equipment to try and get a 6L.How many hours would this guy have logged in just Open Beta to acquire that many fusing orbs?I have a acquired a total of 3 Fusing in 50 hours of play.
Wow. I have about 15 in my bank, but also have used several to this point. I am at a point where I need to upgrade some gear, as well. I am hoping to get a few drops in my farming, but we shall see. It has been a long time since I have upgraded.I need to do some changing of orbs, as well. I believe 8 transmutations gets you 1 alchemy, or is it 1 jewelers? I cannot remember, but I know you can do some changing alright. The other thing I noticed is when I check out the vendors, they will occasionally have a piece of gear that would exchange for a chromatic, and you can buy it for 1 alteration.

Wow. I have about 15 in my bank, but also have used several to this point. I am at a point where I need to upgrade some gear, as well. I am hoping to get a few drops in my farming, but we shall see. It has been a long time since I have upgraded.I need to do some changing of orbs, as well. I believe 8 transmutations gets you 1 alchemy, or is it 1 jewelers?
When you say changing of orbs are you talking about recipes?http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes#Orbs_and_Scrolls

I've gotten lots of fusings. Plus you can get them from vendors. I'm still immune to the higher gems, although I did find a regal last night.
What do the vendors charge for orbs? I am trying to horde the "quality improvement" pieces for end game and future characters.

0.10.2 Patch notes out: Here

Should come mid Wednesday or late Wednesday.

Version 0.10.2

Content:

Added a new Intelligence Skill - Incinerate: Launches a torrent of fire from your hand. The longer you repeatedly cast the spell from the same location, the larger and more damaging the flames become.

Added a new cosmetic microtransaction effect - Blue Flame Incinerate: Replaces the standard flame of Incinerate with a ghostly blue fire.

Added a new cosmetic microtransaction effect - Tiki Totem: Replaces the standard Spell Totem or Ranged Attack Totem with a coloured totem that has carved tiki designs.

Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by our Diamond Supporters.

Added a new flamethrower ability to Snakes in the Dark Forest.

Monster packs in end-game Map areas have had their size variance increased.

The Solaris/Lunaris Temple tilesets have been improved and should now have higher performance.

Added a new 3v3 PvP arena. One of the other arenas has been disabled temporarily while we fix a problem.

Improved blood effects.

Improved the Ice Spear and Lightning Arrow effects.

Improved the performance of Ground Ice and Ground Tar.

Improved the gem icons to be slightly better from a colour blindness point of view.

Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments.

Features:

The passive skill tree now requires confirmation before changes are applied. This prevents accidental misclicks. If you want to skip this confirmation, ctrl+click the passive and no window will be displayed.

We've added a "Lost Password" button to the main menu.

Pressing Ctrl+up in chat allows you to cycle through previous players you've talked to via whisper in this session.

Chat messages that are more than one line long now indent subsequent lines so that it's harder to confuse other players with fake messages.

There's now a /clear_ignore_list command that will remove all entries from the list of accounts you are ignoring chat messages from. Better management of ignore lists is coming in the future.

Players in an area are now always granted the quest status of having killed a boss regardless of who killed it.

The performance statistics overlay (F1) can now be bound to other keys.

Audio Changes:

Added PvP announcer audio for various events in matches.

Added personalised introductions for Nessa.

Added a few more Nessa greetings.

Added new Tarkleigh greetings.

Added some improved Marauder combat vocals.

Added improved Marauder comment dialogue.

Added new ranger dialogue and improved some existing ones.

Overhauled the audio of the Lion and Beast monsters.

Improved the audio for ground effects, gore effects and Pyromaniac projectiles.

Quest Reward Changes:

Gem quest rewards were reshuffled so that caster classes have access to Incinerate around level 10.

The quest reward for the Kraityn quest on Cruel difficulty has been changed from 4% to 6% increased attack speed.

Item Balance Changes:

A set of vendor recipes related to handing in complete sets of rare gear have been changed. The rewards are now based on the item levels of the gear and can range from one Orb of Chance to three Regal Orbs under certain conditions.

Itemlevel 78 and 79 mods are now available on items.

Reduced the movement speed penalty on Ebony Tower Shields. This will only affect new shields that are dropped in 0.10.2 and above.

Increased the base armour on Pinnacle Tower Shields. This will affect existing ones.

Gloves and Boots can now have up to the "Seething" increased energy shield mod. They were previously limited to "Radiating" and below.

Active Skill Balance Changes:

Glacial Hammer's physical damage now increases by 4% per level rather than 3%.

Cleave's damage physical damage now increases by 4% per level rather than 3%.

Double Strike's physical damage now increases by 4% per level rather than 3%.

Infernal Blow's physical damage now increases by 4% per level rather than 3%.

Heavy Strike's physical damage now increases by 5% per level rather than 4%.

The Portal gem is now treated as a spell, so it is affected by things like cast speed and can exist on a Spell Totem.

Early levels of Fire Trap have had their damage reduced by around 35%.

Early levels of Poison Arrow have had their damage reduced by around 35%.

The mana cost of Detonate Dead has been reduced at early levels so that it's around 40% cheaper. It ramps up to the same mana cost as before for high levels.

Passive Skill Balance Changes:

An additional group of mana passives has been added near to the Ranger area.

The Duelist starting area has been extensively reworked. Characters who had passives that have been affected by pathing changes have received refunds to their passive skills.

The first Duelist damage node now has +12 maximum life.

The Mana Flows group has been moved within the Duelist area. Regeneration was increased from +20% to +40%, +10 intelligence was added and the maximum mana granted was reduced from +20% to +16%.

Dual-wield-specific damage and attack speed passives have been improved.

One handed and two handed Duelist passives have been merged into a general melee track.

The Might notable passive has been changed to Master of the Arena (+20 strength, +2 melee range, +8% melee damage).

The Agility notable passive has been changed to Acceleration (+20 dexterity, +12% attack speed).

Berserking has been moved closer to the Duelist part of the tree.

The early Duelist life group has been moved onto the opening path and consolidated into 1% life regeneration, 12% maximum life and 8% maximum life.

The Armour Master notable passive has been removed, with its power added to the Leather and Steel nodes.

The Duelist Dervish passive has been increased from +8% block rate to +10%.

Increased the block on the Shield Mastery passive for the Duelist.

Added a new set of mana gained on kill passives near the Duelist area.

The Duelist Bow attack speed node has been increased by 2%.

Monster Balance Changes:

Reduced the damage of Flamebearers.

Reduced the damage of Alchemists, especially in earlier difficulties.

Increased the damage of Piety's Arc skill in higher difficulties.

Various balance adjustments have been made to Map bosses.

Undying Incinerators now display that they will explode on their targets when on low life.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug where Culling Strike would prevent the Item Rarity/Quantity support gems from applying.

Fixed a bug where Shield Crabs would not drop items when they died if they were hit by enough cold damage to freeze them and kill them in one hit, if they were not already frozen.

Fixed a bug where map pins on the world screen would continue to pulse after hovering a waypoint.

Fixed some walkability problems in the Promenade and Collonade end-game Maps.

Fixed a bug where using a currency item sometimes played the sound effect twice.

Fixed bugs related to scrolling the Options panel with the mouse wheel.

Fixed a bug where long names could overlap the league icon in the character selection screen.

Fixed various problems related to sounds from inventories stacking.

Changed the spawning of large chests so that they're less likely to spawn right up against another object, making their items inaccessible.

Fixed a bug where the text on the social panel could be the wrong size after resizing the window.

Fixed a bug where Piety's Crematorium guards could get stuck non-aggro.

Fixed some bugs related to text wrapping.

Fixed a server crash related to bandit fights.

Fixed some bugs related to whether players are counted as in or out of a bandit fight.

Flasks will no longer be consumed when typing in chat if you have rebound the keys for those flasks.

Fixed a bug on the character selection screen where the up/down arrow keys were not working properly if your list was filtered by league.
Duelist tree rework, is huge.The addition of new mana on kill nodes is also huge, before it was only the soul siphon section which for 3 points gave you +25 mana on kill, if you can boost that further it could balance out blood magic vs mana for melee.

New skill sounds pretty meh, four new uniques however.

Exciting.

What do the vendors charge for orbs? I am trying to horde the "quality improvement" pieces for end game and future characters.
See your above post and scroll down to vendors, it will tell you what you want to know, I think.

See your above post and scroll down to vendors, it will tell you what you want to know, I think.
Oh cool. Never looked close enough at that section. I never use my orbs of chance so if i understand the conversion, i think i can trade in 8 orbs of chance for 1 alchemy (which i seem to want to use more often). Interestingly that seems to be twice as expensive as what the currency exchange suggests between a alch and a chance (should be 4:1)

I asked this question a few weeks ago but I am unsure if I understood the answer so let me ask again.

My ranger is using Iron Reflexes (converts all Evasion to Armor).

I am very close to a Leather and Steel Notable (24% increase to armor and evasion).

Should I take that node? I unsure how the math works out since I already have Iron Reflexes.

I am also very close to the normal 10% Evasion nodes that I could take instead.

I asked this question a few weeks ago but I am unsure if I understood the answer so let me ask again.My ranger is using Iron Reflexes (converts all Evasion to Armor).I am very close to a Leather and Steel Notable (24% increase to armor and evasion). Should I take that node? I unsure how the math works out since I already have Iron Reflexes.I am also very close to the normal 10% Evasion nodes that I could take instead.
I would take it but I am about 90% sure that they do not stack. So you will see a 24% increase not 48. I cant exactly remember the numbers since I have not played my marauder in some time.

I asked this question a few weeks ago but I am unsure if I understood the answer so let me ask again.My ranger is using Iron Reflexes (converts all Evasion to Armor).I am very close to a Leather and Steel Notable (24% increase to armor and evasion). Should I take that node? I unsure how the math works out since I already have Iron Reflexes.I am also very close to the normal 10% Evasion nodes that I could take instead.
I would take it but I am about 90% sure that they do not stack. So you will see a 24% increase not 48. I cant exactly remember the numbers since I have not played my marauder in some time.
24 > 10 regardless so take it, it doesn't double stack though, search the thread

Man, you really level fast in groups on the ledge. Up to 56 now after a little last night and this morning. Got some nice new gear.

It gets a little depressing, however, when you are melee and by the time you get to a lot of mobs, they are already dead from the archers spamming the lightning.

Don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure you will get the bonus of both it just doesn't double down. 24% increase to both armor and evasion (which then just becomes armor) is kind of big. Dont forget, the leather and steel nodes get buffed in the upcoming patch. Final Armour = Base Evasion * ( 1 + % increased Evasion Rating + % increased Armour + % increased Evasion Rating and Armour )+ Base Armour * ( 1 + % increased Armour + % increased Evasion Rating and Armour )

I asked this question a few weeks ago but I am unsure if I understood the answer so let me ask again.

My ranger is using Iron Reflexes (converts all Evasion to Armor).

I am very close to a Leather and Steel Notable (24% increase to armor and evasion).

Should I take that node? I unsure how the math works out since I already have Iron Reflexes.

I am also very close to the normal 10% Evasion nodes that I could take instead.
Don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure you will get the bonus of both it just doesn't double down. 24% increase to both armor and evasion (which then just becomes armor) is kind of big. Dont forget, the leather and steel nodes get buffed in the upcoming patch.
Oh that is right! I saw that in the list you posted but forgot. Ok sounds like your guys advice all makes sense. It is too close to not take.

Thanks everyone.

Man, you really level fast in groups on the ledge. Up to 56 now after a little last night and this morning. Got some nice new gear.It gets a little depressing, however, when you are melee and by the time you get to a lot of mobs, they are already dead from the archers spamming the lightning.
Yeah when I run the ledge I try to load up on Flask Charges to keep up with those guys. They are running ahead trying to NINJA everything they can. Not so much in the higher levels because they need everyone to kill off the mobs.

How do I add "FGB" to my name? BigGreenEGG was helping me but I am stupid.
Your characters name, or your status? For status, open up the social panel and type it at the top, there will a place to type.Found my first map today. Dried lake map.Also found a couple of mid level uniques, a 2 handed maul and a sword, if anyone could use them let me know.

Your characters name, or your status? For status, open up the social panel and type it at the top, there will a place to type.Found my first map today. Dried lake map.Also found a couple of mid level uniques, a 2 handed maul and a sword, if anyone could use them let me know.
I am interested in what the maul has to offer. . . :)

When do you find maps? HC level?

When do you find maps? HC level?
I believe you start to find them in Act 3 of Merciless difficulty (in normal mode)

Type S to bring up the social menuAt the top of the social menu will be an area where you can type your status. In that area type in "SHIZNITTTT" That way when ever someone sees your login name, they can instantly tie it to who it is on FBG.Most everyone has done this who names don't match their fbg names except I think for whom ever JDonk is (Run It Up?).

Your characters name, or your status? For status, open up the social panel and type it at the top, there will a place to type.Found my first map today. Dried lake map.

Also found a couple of mid level uniques, a 2 handed maul and a sword, if anyone could use them let me know.
I am interested in what the maul has to offer. . . :)
It's Geofri's Babtism, as shown on this page. Only variable is stun duration, that's 17%. Level 27 requirement, pretty decent damage for that level.

I have gotten one GCP, until last night. While running Ledge in a group, I had 2 more drop. 1 I got, the other got ninja'd. :hot:

I have gotten one GCP, until last night. While running Ledge in a group, I had 2 more drop. 1 I got, the other got ninja'd. :hot:
I have only played in a group once for 5 minutes just so i could see what it was like. How do i know if I am ninjaing something? Should I only go after stuff that has my character name on it for a short time?

Users who are viewing this thread