What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (1 Viewer)

I have gotten one GCP, until last night. While running Ledge in a group, I had 2 more drop. 1 I got, the other got ninja'd. :hot:
I have only played in a group once for 5 minutes just so i could see what it was like. How do i know if I am ninjaing something? Should I only go after stuff that has my character name on it for a short time?
Pretty much. If everyone leaves something behind you can have it too.

Springbreak for me starts tomorrow. Physical ranger is coming along nicely, the patch will actually buff her substantially which is good cause I feel kind of weak. Waddled into Merciless Felshrine and on my first run I found an exalted orb. Gonna be a good springbreak.

The patch was delayed till friday 11:30am NZ time, which is like afternoon thursday for the united states, somewhere between 1-4pm CST.

How do I add "FGB" to my name? BigGreenEGG was helping me but I am stupid.
Your characters name, or your status? For status, open up the social panel and type it at the top, there will a place to type.Found my first map today. Dried lake map.

Also found a couple of mid level uniques, a 2 handed maul and a sword, if anyone could use them let me know.
I am interested in what the maul has to offer. . . :)
It's Geofri's Babtism, as shown on this page. Only variable is stun duration, that's 17%. Level 27 requirement, pretty decent damage for that level.
Its the best leveling unique competing only with silverbranch.At the beginning of open beta they were going for exalts just because the increase in leveling speed is massive. They have gone down since then no idea the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any purpose to putting gear in the secondary slots if I never switch to them? Best I can tell, you don't get the stat gain unless it's equipped.

I see where you can buy portals with scrolls of knowledge, and orbs of transmutation with portals and so forth. But is there a way to convert backwards? I've been having to farm whites just to keep up with my scrolls of knowledge count.

So anyone want to trade regrets for GCMs or other? I might just respec my ranger to lightning. It will take a bunch!

Any purpose to putting gear in the secondary slots if I never switch to them? Best I can tell, you don't get the stat gain unless it's equipped.I see where you can buy portals with scrolls of knowledge, and orbs of transmutation with portals and so forth. But is there a way to convert backwards? I've been having to farm whites just to keep up with my scrolls of knowledge count.
If you don't use a second set of weapons, there is no need to equip in second slot. This link will show you all possible conversions. http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes#RecipesYou will shortly find there is no need to farm whites for shards. The drop rates for Scrolls of Knowledge, Portal Scrolls, Orbs of Alteration and Orbs of Transmutation are very generous.

Any purpose to putting gear in the secondary slots if I never switch to them? Best I can tell, you don't get the stat gain unless it's equipped.

I see where you can buy portals with scrolls of knowledge, and orbs of transmutation with portals and so forth. But is there a way to convert backwards? I've been having to farm whites just to keep up with my scrolls of knowledge count.
I'm an idiot, I just figured this out. (buy to upgrade, sell to downgrade)

Any purpose to putting gear in the secondary slots if I never switch to them? Best I can tell, you don't get the stat gain unless it's equipped.I see where you can buy portals with scrolls of knowledge, and orbs of transmutation with portals and so forth. But is there a way to convert backwards? I've been having to farm whites just to keep up with my scrolls of knowledge count.
If you don't use a second set of weapons, there is no need to equip in second slot. This link will show you all possible conversions. http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes#RecipesYou will shortly find there is no need to farm whites for shards. The drop rates for Scrolls of Knowledge, Portal Scrolls, Orbs of Alteration and Orbs of Transmutation are very generous.
Thanks, that's unfortunate I can't get those stats. :(The drop rate has seemed to go up in Act II, but I didn't think of selling the orbs to get extra scrolls of knowledge, so I was always short. Now I'll be perfectly fine!Someone before said to hold on to yellow gear to combine it.. did I misread that? I am filling my stash with yellow gear, but haven't figured out what to do with it yet.

You can level gems in your secondary set, however you can't use them unless you switch to them. Very useful for leveling gems.

Thanks, that's unfortunate I can't get those stats. :(The drop rate has seemed to go up in Act II, but I didn't think of selling the orbs to get extra scrolls of knowledge, so I was always short. Now I'll be perfectly fine!Someone before said to hold on to yellow gear to combine it.. did I misread that? I am filling my stash with yellow gear, but haven't figured out what to do with it yet.
I have a boat load of scrolls of knowledge. Next time we are on together poke me and I will hook you up. Check the recipe link i sent you for what you can do with the rares.

Whew, finally made it through normal mode. God do I suck :) I did beat Piety in one try but that was mostly because I was over leveled I think.

Level 41

47 hours played

51 times died

=================================

Sadly as slow as I played on normal, I will likely have to play even slower on cruel because of the penalties.

I can't actually go down a level for a penalty right? I just lose a % of experience in the current level?

For example say I am at 6% into the level and die and get a 7.5% penalty. I just go back to 0% in that level and not back to the previous level, right?

Just started my first Witch of open beta - SloppyPowerBottom, gonna go fire/detonate dead and try out the new skill tomorrow, got to brutus and logged off the new skill is a quest reward from the brutus quest so I should just be able to login tomorrow and collect it.

Whew, finally made it through normal mode. God do I suck :) I did beat Piety in one try but that was mostly because I was over leveled I think.Level 4147 hours played51 times died=================================Sadly as slow as I played on normal, I will likely have to play even slower on cruel because of the penalties.I can't actually go down a level for a penalty right? I just lose a % of experience in the current level?For example say I am at 6% into the level and die and get a 7.5% penalty. I just go back to 0% in that level and not back to the previous level, right?
Correct you cannot de-level, you will bottom out at 0% exp and god is it annoying, I try to level up just before I do something hard.

So anyone want to trade regrets for GCMs or other? I might just respec my ranger to lightning. It will take a bunch!
I've got 4 I'll trade you.
I think have 6. You are welcome to them.
What do you want for them? I have a lot of orbs/gems. I found an interesting site for other recipes: My link

What do you want for them? I have a lot of orbs/gems. I found an interesting site for other recipes: My link
I don't really care. I am still very new to all of this.

OK, so highest DPS archer - marauder, shadow or ranger?
So far I love my templar archer the most. The templar starts out close enough to the marauder nodes to get good health and armor and close enough to caster nodes to get some great mana and ele damage.
How do you deal with the dex deficit?
i have a few of the major dex nodes taken and I have some dex gear so I have not run into any issues as of yet (level 64)

So far I love my templar archer the most. The templar starts out close enough to the marauder nodes to get good health and armor and close enough to caster nodes to get some great mana and ele damage.
i have a few of the major dex nodes taken and I have some dex gear so I have not run into any issues as of yet (level 64)
Color me interested.

I have chances, chaos, alchemy, etc. You tell me. I have need of a lot. I have 1 GCP left, as well. I need about 10 more for a full spec of my ranger.

I have chances, chaos, alchemy, etc. You tell me. I have need of a lot. I have 1 GCP left, as well. I need about 10 more for a full spec of my ranger.
Just checked my stash. Actually only have 3, thought I had more. Just name a price and I will say ok.

Color me interested.
My current build Going to get some more life, another dex node or two, some more resits (chaos as well), a couple of armor nodes and some more mana regen. No idea how this will work out because 99% of my builds are the suck by level 70 and get deleted.

Madcow, I picked up a regret orb last night. I will trade with you. Do you have any Glassblower's? If that is too expensive I will take an alchemy orb.

No idea how this will work out because 99% of my builds are the suck by level 70 and get deleted.
Sounds like me but replace level 70 with level 30
What makes you guys bail? I feel like my character sucks but I just keep pushing through and am not sure when to start over.
when i am in a group and everyone around is doing find and i get insta shot or can tell my damage output is not close to anyone else's its time to start over.

No idea how this will work out because 99% of my builds are the suck by level 70 and get deleted.
Where in the game does this put you?
If I were to get any maps I would be doing end game. but I just got my first map last night so I just use to farm for my 68+ chars since I finished all 3 acts on the hardest difficulty.
I don't get it. If you are getting through merciless, why do your characters suck? Shouldn't that be considered a good build?

If I were to get any maps I would be doing end game. but I just got my first map last night so I just use to farm for my 68+ chars since I finished all 3 acts on the hardest difficulty.
I don't get it. If you are getting through merciless, why do your characters suck? Shouldn't that be considered a good build?
Good, sure... great?? Nope.

ok, so "good = suck". Got it :)That is the beauty of the game though. Any game that makes you want to go back and build a better character over and over again has to be considered a success.

So how viable is a physical dmg ranger vs the elementals? It seems the physical ones got the short end, but I wonder if nerfs and buffs will even that out?

I have not looked at exchange at all - do you like the alchemy's? To get the rares? I just don't want to cheat or be accused of it. I have gear to trade if need be as well.

I have not looked at exchange at all - do you like the alchemy's? To get the rares? I just don't want to cheat or be accused of it. I have gear to trade if need be as well.
I just looked at the exchange rate Ignoramous posted many pages back. Looks like 1 regret = 2 alchemy. I'll do a FBG discount of buy 2 get one free. So four alchemy, ok? Or too much. We need a vet to weigh in.

I just looked at the exchange rate Ignoramous posted many pages back. Looks like 1 regret = 2 alchemy. I'll do a FBG discount of buy 2 get one free. So four alchemy, ok? Or too much. We need a vet to weigh in.
I am not a vet but that is the same deal i offered Madcow (1 alch for 1 regret). It is a good deal for Madcow and we are not just giving it away for nothing.

I am not a vet but that is the same deal i offered Madcow (1 alch for 1 regret). It is a good deal for Madcow and we are not just giving it away for nothing.
I can do 1 for 1.

I would be very fine and grateful for that exchange rate. I have contemplated starting a new ranger, but just don't know if I have it in me.

I know that feeling, considering scrapping my physical ranger, got my 7th frenzy charge last night and it boosts my attacks per second to 4.26, absolutely ludicrous, but my dps is only 2.2k not sure my actual damage but when im attacking 4 and a quarter times a second and im only doing 2.2k dmg it can't be too great.

I am only putting out 700dps at level 55. IT is a 1 handed player, but it seems really low at this point. Also, I can be blown away pretty quickly by chaos and those dogs that spit frost on the docks. There is one SUPER DOG on the docks that glows red/yellow and we had 5 people hitting with everything we had and couldn't even bring down his shield. IT was freaking amazing. I TP'd the #### out when it got down to me and saved my EXP points.

I am only putting out 700dps at level 55. IT is a 1 handed player, but it seems really low at this point. Also, I can be blown away pretty quickly by chaos and those dogs that spit frost on the docks. There is one SUPER DOG on the docks that glows red/yellow and we had 5 people hitting with everything we had and couldn't even bring down his shield. IT was freaking amazing. I TP'd the #### out when it got down to me and saved my EXP points.
What weapon type? Maybe I have one in storage that could help you.

Users who are viewing this thread