What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (4 Viewers)

ilvl? I don't understand?
Item level is a separate stat on all items, it is determined by the level of the zone you are in, for example if the level of the zone you are in is 50 then the ilvl of the items dropped by white mobs will be ilvl 50, magic mobs (blue) will drop ilvl 51 loots and rare/boss mobs will drop ilvl 52 loots.ilvl determines the affixes an item can get. For example, ilvl 0-10 can get 10-19 life on an item, but at ilvl 73 you can get from 100-109 life on an item.You can identify the itemlevel of an item you own by clicking it so it is one your cursor and then typing /itemlevel

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your go-to curses for melee classes? I have been using Warlord's Mark, but wondering about vulnerability.

What are your go-to curses for melee classes? I have been using Warlord's Mark, but wondering about vulnerability.
I typically use warlords mark for my physical melee characters and elemental weakness for my elemental melee characters, and I use enfeeble on both.

I typically use warlords mark for my physical melee characters and elemental weakness for my elemental melee characters, and I use enfeeble on both.
I don't think I would have enough mana to do 2 :bag: Running haste and vitality auras right now. I need to get some linked armor at some point to hook reduced mana in to them.

'NewlyRetired said:
'Kool-Aid Larry said:
here are some pro tips

ok, I don't know if they're pro or n00b, but I just got clued in to the z key and tab a couple days ago, so they're pro to me.
How many hours did you play with out the local map?
I don't know but I was about lvl15
are you and Kool Aid same person?If you want to know how long you have played a certain character, the game keeps track of the stat.

In the chat windows type /played

I don't think I would have enough mana to do 2 :bag: Running haste and vitality auras right now. I need to get some linked armor at some point to hook reduced mana in to them.
Can't dual curse without the keystone either way.I don't use them on the same mobs, I use them in different situations. I use Warlords on big packs for the extra leech and to refill my charges, I use enfeeble on bosses and champs because it cuts their damage by like a third.

Finished Cruel Act 2. Vaal got me twice with the fist of death. Single shot deaths.

Not going to start act 3 until I level up from my current 55 to 56 as I have a significant upgrade waiting for me for my bow at 56. It is going to take a while though to grind up up even 3/4 of a level because I am way overleveled for where I am right now.

Still happy to have made it this far on my first character with no other help. If the bow is as good an upgrade as I hope, I think I can get through Cruel Act 3.

There seems to be a renewed interest in buying wisdom scrolls. Is there a trick I am missing in purchasing other stuff?

Another question - how is cyclone treating people? Just had one drop. Also got a point blank support gem - seems like that one could be very valuable in certain instances.

There seems to be a renewed interest in buying wisdom scrolls. Is there a trick I am missing in purchasing other stuff?
If you arent running maps you wont need all of your wisdom scrolls so sell them.
Do they yellows just drop like crazy or something?
yep. the folks that are running the better maps go through the scrolls real fast. I spoke to a guy on my friends list who has a char in the 80s and he said he rolls through them. sadly must of the yellow stuff is crap.

So what do you find yourself doing with non-quality gems that suck? I have a whole page of dubious ones that I am holding onto for some dumb reason.

So what do you find yourself doing with non-quality gems that suck? I have a whole page of dubious ones that I am holding onto for some dumb reason.
Would love an answer to this as well. I have a blue, green and red tab each filled with their regular gems and I just cant see throwing them away.

Would love an answer to this as well. I have a blue, green and red tab each filled with their regular gems and I just cant see throwing them away.
I have this fear I will vendor them and the next day they will announce that 10 regulars will get you a chaos or some such. It would not even be worth the time to try and sell them for an alt or chromatic.

People trying to find a new way to make money, there is some rumblings about joining public docks groups and going through old instances to collect the blues, identify them and sell to vendors for alts.This however seems terrible as the investment in scrolls eats directly into your profits.
I keep at least one of every non-quality gem, and I keep multiples of auras and curses. I keep all of my supports however, the rest I either delete or never pickup, if I'm pubbing I will drop skill gems occasionally near champs so I can collect the actual loot without being body blocked.

People trying to find a new way to make money, there is some rumblings about joining public docks groups and going through old instances to collect the blues, identify them and sell to vendors for alts.This however seems terrible as the investment in scrolls eats directly into your profits.
I keep at least one of every non-quality gem, and I keep multiples of auras and curses. I keep all of my supports however, the rest I either delete or never pickup, if I'm pubbing I will drop skill gems occasionally near champs so I can collect the actual loot without being body blocked.
:lol:

Great, another useless POS unique - Perandus Blazon belt. Thanks for all the crap, GGG.
Every time you say that its a unique that is actually pretty good lmfao. Its a pretty rare unique, great for leveling - the lack of life sucks but it gives up to 30 all stats, which is huge for leveling.I on the other hand have 3 Sadimas Touch and Wanderlusts - which don't get me wrong are actually amazing but ffs drop something else.Last unique I found was a Bramblejack... in a 73 map... wtf.

Great, another useless POS unique - Perandus Blazon belt. Thanks for all the crap, GGG.
Every time you say that its a unique that is actually pretty good lmfao. Its a pretty rare unique, great for leveling - the lack of life sucks but it gives up to 30 all stats, which is huge for leveling.I on the other hand have 3 Sadimas Touch and Wanderlusts - which don't get me wrong are actually amazing but ffs drop something else.Last unique I found was a Bramblejack... in a 73 map... wtf.
So what would it sell for?

So what would it sell for?
Idk, at least a GCP, maybe more.

I purchased roughly 1000 wisdom scrolls for 2 chaos (was a great deal, since I have seen them go for as little as 120 per chaos). I farm the crap out of the game until we get more content. I pick up about 1.5 chaos every 2 runs in the docks. I can go through a stack of scrolls pretty quick. So if you get 2 shards per scroll (which would be very very unlucky) you are looking at 2000 shards. OF that 2000 shards (again if you are very unlucky) that comes out to 200 alterations. And, even at the very poor trade rate of 20 alts per 1 chaos that puts you at 20 Chaos. 18 Chaos profit, for farming and gaining xp while making a profit. I am not bragging, I just found a niche and have exploited it to some very nice stacks of chaos. My math might be off a little bit, but in the end if you are willing to farm you can gain some really nice profits. The down side is having to trade with people which can take a lot of time. If you have any questions about how to turn scrolls into riches let me know.GL

I purchased roughly 1000 wisdom scrolls for 2 chaos (was a great deal, since I have seen them go for as little as 120 per chaos). I farm the crap out of the game until we get more content. I pick up about 1.5 chaos every 2 runs in the docks. I can go through a stack of scrolls pretty quick. So if you get 2 shards per scroll (which would be very very unlucky) you are looking at 2000 shards. OF that 2000 shards (again if you are very unlucky) that comes out to 200 alterations. And, even at the very poor trade rate of 20 alts per 1 chaos that puts you at 20 Chaos. 18 Chaos profit, for farming and gaining xp while making a profit. I am not bragging, I just found a niche and have exploited it to some very nice stacks of chaos. My math might be off a little bit, but in the end if you are willing to farm you can gain some really nice profits. The down side is having to trade with people which can take a lot of time. If you have any questions about how to turn scrolls into riches let me know.GL
So you grab all of the blues and ID them then? Of course, you could grab all blues and not ID them and still get 2 shards, right?

'NewlyRetired said:
'Kool-Aid Larry said:
here are some pro tips

ok, I don't know if they're pro or n00b, but I just got clued in to the z key and tab a couple days ago, so they're pro to me.
How many hours did you play with out the local map?
I don't know but I was about lvl15
are you and Kool Aid same person?If you want to know how long you have played a certain character, the game keeps track of the stat.

In the chat windows type /played
oh yeah - forgot I was on my phone.not to turn this into a blog, but I got my first unique, silverbranch bow, and it's not too exciting.

so, maybe you guys can give me some input.

I'm ~lvl29 witch who happens to use all fire spells, but I didn't plan it that way -- I was going to use more variety.

I had planned to get a lot of crit skills, although I have no idea how efficient that is.

I have a few passive points piling up, as I can't decide if I should get fire skills, crit skills, or start motoring down a longer path towards some cool keystone.

any thoughts on that?

this is my build so far, if it helps any.

So you grab all of the blues and ID them then? Of course, you could grab all blues and not ID them and still get 2 shards, right?
If you don't ID the blues you will get transumation shards which are a lot cheaper. ID them and get Alteration shards.

If you don't ID the blues you will get transumation shards which are a lot cheaper. ID them and get Alteration shards.
Since I am god awful poor I need to do something. Let me make sure I understand thisFarm like crazyPick up all blue and yellowIdentifyTrade in for alt (or better) shardsSell ~20 alts for chaosOn the last step, sell to who, the forum or use the trade chat window?

What i don't understand is who is going to buy alts from you in quantity? What do they use them for?
OK in the time it took me to post the original what I do with my scrolls I made 1 chaos worth of Alterations. You turn the alterations shards into alterations orbs. You turn the Alteration Orbs into fusing orbs or some other type of orb that people want to buy. Simple, but very very time consuming.

What i don't understand is who is going to buy alts from you in quantity? What do they use them for?
OK in the time it took me to post the original what I do with my scrolls I made 1 chaos worth of Alterations. You turn the alterations shards into alterations orbs. You turn the Alteration Orbs into fusing orbs or some other type of orb that people want to buy. Simple, but very very time consuming.
I am very interested in this as I am so poor and willing to farm for long periods of time.

Ok let me see if I can roughly add this up

3 chaos = 7 fuses = 28 jewelers = 56 alts = 1120 Alt Shards = 560 identified blues

I must be misunderstanding something here. How are you getting so many blues in just a couple of runs of the dock?

So I take it you farm an area around a wp so there is fast travel and resets? Such as docks or battlegrounds? Or barracks. . .

3 chaos = 7 fuses = 28 jewelers = 56 alts = 1120 Alt Shards = 560 identified blues

I must be misunderstanding something here. How are you getting so many blues in just a couple of runs of the dock?
At higher levels they drop like crazy. Make sure to use item quantity. BTW, does item rarity help with quality gems vs regular? I get maybe a quality per 20-30 regular. Wondering if I should bump rarity. I have my quantity gem almost maxed and also found another.

At higher levels they drop like crazy. Make sure to use item quantity. BTW, does item rarity help with quality gems vs regular? I get maybe a quality per 20-30 regular. Wondering if I should bump rarity. I have my quantity gem almost maxed and also found another.
I have item quantity and rarity in my weapon. I also use a portal gem so that I don't have to use the WP over and over. 20 alt shards are around 10 blue weapons, more for yellow.

20 alt shards equal 1 alt

8 alt equals 4 jewelers orbs

2 jewelers orbs trade for 1 fusing orb

2 fusing orbs trade for 1 chaos or equal

You have to also take into account farming green red blue linked for chromes.

Picking up other orbs to trade like alchs, chance, and maybe get lucky and pick up a choas, regal, or something better.

I have item quantity and rarity in my weapon. I also use a portal gem so that I don't have to use the WP over and over. 20 alt shards are around 10 blue weapons, more for yellow.

20 alt shards equal 1 alt

8 alt equals 4 jewelers orbs

2 jewelers orbs trade for 1 fusing orb

2 fusing orbs trade for 1 chaos or equal
My math was using the vendor recipe of 4 jewelers for one fuse. Sounds like I can do much better with trading jewelers with players. http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes

I have item quantity and rarity in my weapon. I also use a portal gem so that I don't have to use the WP over and over.
How much of those do you have overall with your main attack? I have 43% Quantity and 113% Quality from gems and overall gear.

I have item quantity and rarity in my weapon. I also use a portal gem so that I don't have to use the WP over and over.
How much of those do you have overall with your main attack? I have 43% Quantity and 113% Quality from gems and overall gear.
IIQ 34% and Rarity 55%

For those farming, it is accepted that quantity is better than rarity. Especially consider in wanting to get linked items, you want more to drop to improve odds. Rarity does not help with linked is my understanding.

eta quantity helps with currency as well, not rarity at all.

For those farming, it is accepted that quantity is better than rarity. Especially consider in wanting to get linked items, you want more to drop to improve odds. Rarity does not help with linked is my understanding.eta quantity helps with currency as well, not rarity at all.
Rarity only affects your chance to get blues, yellows and uniques.Quantity increases your chance to get all items except maps.Its much harder to get quantity however.Supposed to be a patch today, its 3am in NZ now, they usually patch around noon their time.

I ran a public map last night and unique gloves dropped for me. They got ninja'd before I could get them. When I called them on it, they laughed. It was the end of the map, and I got screwed. If more mobs were left I would have trained them all to the group to wipe them.

Tried logging on just now - says patch server down, but cannot hit login server either. :(

I guess that is the whole roll thing? Could be better but could get horrible. This is why I buy nice stuff. Pay out the nose but you know what you are getting. Some people have fun crafting I guess kinda like gambling.

OK, once more - explain the maps to me. I have 2 now, both level 66. What level should I realistically attempt them? Do I chance them first? What stats are desirable to get? Do you keep using alts until you get the mods you want? How long do they take typically to solo?

I don't think I'll ever use another Divine ever again...this has to be a bug right?This is an iLevel 78 Thicket Bow:http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4888/reallyo.pngapparently Divine only randomizes the numbers within the same "tier" and cannot jump tiers
You might have a misunderstanding of how divines work.They don't roll the brackets of affixes, only the roll within those brackets.So if you had the 90-99 bracket on an item and you had a 90 roll, then divined it, that 90 life will only be within that 90-99 life bracket again. I think each divine only rolls 3 affixes as well, so there is another element of chance. Either way they are pretty garbage orbs and are reserved for very rare cases.

OK, once more - explain the maps to me. I have 2 now, both level 66. What level should I realistically attempt them? Do I chance them first? What stats are desirable to get? Do you keep using alts until you get the mods you want? How long do they take typically to solo?
Maps are hard. I usually die multiple times when I attempt them solo. I ran one with Shiznnnit and we both died the maximum times before the end. I was level 70 and he was 72 on a level 68 map. I did run a fairly short map with Jojo where we finished it and both only died once. I typically transmute them and then use alts to get something fairly profitable and safe.eta: When I solo, it's usually the unique bosses that get me. Something like a super fast Rhoa that that 2 hits me, when I have 3k health and multiple endurance charges up.

Users who are viewing this thread