What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

I get confused between Life Gain on Hit and Life Leech. Does either work with DOT?
An alch or a fusing would be fine. Even a chance if you don't have much currency.
I think you misquoted. Either that or I am more confused than I thought :)
Me too!I'm trying to work the currency game, been watching the trade channels and taking whatever offers come up that are better than the exilestats.com website. let's settle on a fusing, I'll look for you next time I'm on.

I get confused between Life Gain on Hit and Life Leech. Does either work with DOT?
An alch or a fusing would be fine. Even a chance if you don't have much currency.
I think you misquoted. Either that or I am more confused than I thought :)
Me too!I'm trying to work the currency game, been watching the trade channels and taking whatever offers come up that are better than the exilestats.com website. let's settle on a fusing, I'll look for you next time I'm on.
Yeah, mea culpa. I meant to respond to whoever wanted the life on hit, think it was you. I'll be on in a little while.

So question for all you addicts - is the aspect of getting just a little bit better that more attractive than the monotomy of doing the same thing time after time after time? I love levelling and I get the attraction but not within a closed loop of purgatorial repetitiveness.

So question for all you addicts - is the aspect of getting just a little bit better that more attractive than the monotomy of doing the same thing time after time after time? I love levelling and I get the attraction but not within a closed loop of purgatorial repetitiveness.
It's the nature of these types of games. You get to the end, you try to find better gear to sell to get better gear to find better gear to sell to get better gear, rinse and repeat. Or try to find different builds that will allow you to do this faster. It's kind of depressing when you break it down, but then there's the thrill of finding that super rare unique/rare/20% gem. Also, ggg is pretty good about updating, so there may be new content at some point. That's how WoW survives. The only model I can think of that didn't really change content significantly was Diablo 2, but they did constant patches that changed the dynamic of the game. And it was such a great game that it's still on sale in stores today, 13 years after it's release. I can't think of another game that fits that criterion. And because this game is based on the principles of D2, and is what D3 really should have been, it's a huge hit with people that loved D2. Like me. My only criticism of this game is that the story is kind of weak. WoW has a fairly developed story, D2 also had a linear plot line that made sense and was interesting. I don't really pay attention to the story in this game because it's not the focus.

The idea of getting a little bit better does not attract me at all. Getting a lot better does. Farming doesn't bother me at all, when I get bored I just do something else.

The idea of getting a little bit better does not attract me at all. Getting a lot better does. Farming doesn't bother me at all, when I get bored I just do something else.
Yeah, we're all looking for that 6 link:)

'FootballDummy said:
'Run It Up said:
Yeah, we're all looking for that 6 link:)
God, I can't even imagine. I'm looking for a 5 link Astral right now, my cold/crit character is great I just don't have enough armor cause I'm using a Voll's Protector since the new gems aren't out yet.

I think the economy is about to collapse. More and more people are farming since they have finished the normal levels. People are selling 21 value chaos for exalted orbs. The only thing I see moving for the "old rates" are chromes. So many orbs flooding the market, and so little people buying. I had an offer on my exalted for 21 chaos value (alchs, fusings) and I turned it down. 2 weeks ago I would have jumped on it. We need more content to keep up with the farming to balance out the players.

Yeah, just had a long talk with a high level friend about the economy while I was overpaying him (imo) for a 5L astral, I'm now broke btw.

People are very clearly exploiting the inflation by hoarding exalteds and trying to adjust the market thusly. Influx of chaos, making it justifiable to say they are worth less, well everyone still accepts that everything in comparison to chaos are worth the same (ie. 1 chaos = 1 regret, 2 alchs = 1 chaos, etc), with the only thing going up being exalted.

Manage to haggle him down to approximately 17 chaos per exalt, which is a joke because there is no way regrets are the same price as chaos anymore, so even though I was getting a fair rate I still paid 30 of those chaos in regrets.

Oh well, I've got some items that are appreciating and now I have a 5L astral that I get to roll, forever.

Yeah, just had a long talk with a high level friend about the economy while I was overpaying him (imo) for a 5L astral, I'm now broke btw.

People are very clearly exploiting the inflation by hoarding exalteds and trying to adjust the market thusly. Influx of chaos, making it justifiable to say they are worth less, well everyone still accepts that everything in comparison to chaos are worth the same (ie. 1 chaos = 1 regret, 2 alchs = 1 chaos, etc), with the only thing going up being exalted.

Manage to haggle him down to approximately 17 chaos per exalt, which is a joke because there is no way regrets are the same price as chaos anymore, so even though I was getting a fair rate I still paid 30 of those chaos in regrets.

Oh well, I've got some items that are appreciating and now I have a 5L astral that I get to roll, forever.
I bought this My link for 1 exalt, it's served me pretty well.

Is there still a chaos recipe? I thought it was replaced by chance orbs???
There is, but all of the items have to be ilevel 60+. People were farming normal bosses with high level characters before, now you have to actually run a merciless area to do it, it's much more difficult.
WoW Ilevel 60+ man that is really really hard. When you have to throw in rings necklaces ... and all the other stuff. WoW!!!

Looking to buy some chromatics, who would have figured trying to get BBGRR on a strength item would be hard.

Nvm, got it.

Edit: Wow im blind, I didn't get it. Still wtb chromatics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to buy some chromatics, who would have figured trying to get BBGRR on a strength item would be hard.Nvm, got it.
I consider myself lucky. I had a guy offer me 1 GCP /50 chromatics yesterday. Only had enough to take him up on 2, but still. :shrug:

Looking to buy some chromatics, who would have figured trying to get BBGRR on a strength item would be hard.Nvm, got it.Edit: Wow im blind, I didn't get it. Still wtb chromatics.
I have about 40 chromaticsETA - 38, but realm is restarting, so I'll check vendors.

What are the blacksmith whetstones, armorers scrap and glassblower's bauble worth in currency trade? They're not on http://exilestats.com/ex/
They can be purchased directly from vendors so this can give you a baseline to start fromhttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes#Direct_Purchases_from_Vendor
They only trade within themselves at vendors. That's useful to know which is more valuable between them, but do they trade to the other currency items?I also just realized that Augmentations and Alterations aren't on the normal list - are these best to upgrade at the merchants?

What are the blacksmith whetstones, armorers scrap and glassblower's bauble worth in currency trade? They're not on http://exilestats.com/ex/
They can be purchased directly from vendors so this can give you a baseline to start fromhttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes#Direct_Purchases_from_Vendor
They only trade within themselves at vendors. That's useful to know which is more valuable between them, but do they trade to the other currency items?I also just realized that Augmentations and Alterations aren't on the normal list - are these best to upgrade at the merchants?
I don't know about Aug's but SHIZNITTTT mentioned that he trades alts with other players.

Interesting. Had a player which I can only assume was a gold farmer offer to sell alch's for trans orbs at 30:1. I could see no downside to that for me, so I traded 180 for 6 alch's. Seems like a great deal for me but not sure if I am missing something.

Interesting. Had a player which I can only assume was a gold farmer offer to sell alch's for trans orbs at 30:1. I could see no downside to that for me, so I traded 180 for 6 alch's. Seems like a great deal for me but not sure if I am missing something.
What would anyone need 180 trans orbs for? I think I have only found use for them on flasks.

What would anyone need 180 trans orbs for? I think I have only found use for them on flasks.
That and to buy items that net you a chromatic.

Cant you vendor trans orbs for alts or the one below that in the first town?
Yes. 16 trans for 1 alt (Specifically it is 4 trans for 1 aug and then 4 augs for 1 alt).Then you can go from alt to jewelers and jewelers to chrome. Works out to be 96 trans for 1 chrome if I did the math in my head correctly.

'NewlyRetired said:
'Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Yes. 16 trans for 1 alt (Specifically it is 4 trans for 1 aug and then 4 augs for 1 alt).Then you can go from alt to jewelers and jewelers to chrome. Works out to be 96 trans for 1 chrome if I did the math in my head correctly.
So I will take my 30 trans to 1 alch to be awesome then.

'NewlyRetired said:
'Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
So I will take my 30 trans to 1 alch to be awesome then.
I don't know what it is between players but yeah, looking at the vendor recipes, 30 trans for an alch looks fantastic.

'Mad Cow said:
Transmutations can be sold to vendors for Wisdom Scroll much like Whetstones and Armorer Scraps.Just gotta keep an eye out, people are going nuts for Wisdoms at the moment and the price is in flux. 40x Transmutation Orbs = 160x Wisdom Scrolls. People have been buying Wisdoms for ~100 scroll for an alch. Just another way for people to get a leg up.

'Mad Cow said:
Transmutations can be sold to vendors for Wisdom Scroll much like Whetstones and Armorer Scraps.Just gotta keep an eye out, people are going nuts for Wisdoms at the moment and the price is in flux. 40x Transmutation Orbs = 160x Wisdom Scrolls. People have been buying Wisdoms for ~100 scroll for an alch. Just another way for people to get a leg up.
Which vendor sells 4 wisdoms for 1 trans?

'Mad Cow said:
All vendors, you don't buy from them you sell the orbs to them and they pay you in scrolls.Armorer Scraps = 2 scrolls.Whetstones = 4 scrolls.Transmutations = 4 scrolls.Alterations = 4 scrolls.

'Mad Cow said:
All vendors, you don't buy from them you sell the orbs to them and they pay you in scrolls.Armorer Scraps = 2 scrolls.Whetstones = 4 scrolls.Transmutations = 4 scrolls.Alterations = 4 scrolls.
Doh!

If there is anyone later wanting to help, I could use a little PL'ing to get through Act 1 Cruel with my Ranger to get them to Act and Fellshrine.

Back to farming Again for me. Currently selling alts like crazy to people for chaos. Just when I thought it was over BOOM it stays over again.

Back to farming Again for me. Currently selling alts like crazy to people for chaos. Just when I thought it was over BOOM it stays over again.
can you tell me who you sell to? Do you advertise on the in game chat window or use the forum?Also, aren't you the one who already has 12 billion chaos orbs? Did you end up trading them for some ultra high end equipment?

can you tell me who you sell to? Do you advertise on the in game chat window or use the forum?Also, aren't you the one who already has 12 billion chaos orbs? Did you end up trading them for some ultra high end equipment?
I would buy something better if I could find it. Anyone seen a 350 dps or higher 1 handed weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread