What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (1 Viewer)

server was stable for a few hours, now getting booted/queued every 5 minutes
Only been dc'd once got right back in.

edit:

Got to lvl 20 on my Scion, have to take a break. Spectral Weapon has a lot of potential as a damage skill, with Hatred and being supported by LMP and Added Fire I'm doing all kinds of damage with pretty good coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Run It Up said:
Jojo the circus boy said:
server was stable for a few hours, now getting booted/queued every 5 minutes
Only been dc'd once got right back in.edit:

Got to lvl 20 on my Scion, have to take a break. Spectral Weapon has a lot of potential as a damage skill, with Hatred and being supported by LMP and Added Fire I'm doing all kinds of damage with pretty good coverage.
Yeah just got to A2 taking a break for the night, server is stable now, just spamming Spectral Weapon w/ a 2H Staff running Clarity and for single target using Heavy Strike.

Are you in Domination League?

The 2x 40% mana nodes to start off Scion is really good for casters, making a bee-line for the Reduced Mana Reservation nodes

build
What damage skill you planning on using? I was split on where I wanted to go for my build and I went down towards Berserking and the Axe passives by duelist, Berserking was a pretty good DPS increase taking me from 1.2 APS to 1.5 APS.

Just in case you didn't notice, they added 6% life + 8% mana combined nodes and 3 of them are along your path to the Templar tree, for 0 investment they are pretty valuable - just north of Elemental Equilibrium.

The 2x 40% mana nodes to start off Scion is really good for casters, making a bee-line for the Reduced Mana Reservation nodes

build
What damage skill you planning on using? I was split on where I wanted to go for my build and I went down towards Berserking and the Axe passives by duelist, Berserking was a pretty good DPS increase taking me from 1.2 APS to 1.5 APS.Just in case you didn't notice, they added 6% life + 8% mana combined nodes and 3 of them are along your path to the Templar tree, for 0 investment they are pretty valuable - just north of Elemental Equilibrium.
yep :thumbup: those were the last 3 I snagged.

I'll probably go south now and take those 10 HP nodes, even though this is SC I think I would be a fool to avoid them. I'm going Ice right now using Freezing Pulse (a 13% Q gem dropped for me!) and Ice Spear, I'm still leveling the QGem up, it's 2 levels behind my main FP gem. On my 2nd weapon I still have a staff w/ Spectral Throw + LMP for elemental resist mobs. I eventually want something like frost nova on one of the new triggers, lots of good nodes from the start of Scion like cast speed and spell damage, not sure if/when I make it over to the ice nodes. Almost forgot the 3 inner force nodes, it's gonna be 20 or so levels before I even start making my way to damage specific nodes.

I'm in need of a good wand, keep an eye out, also good shield would be nice.

Looking for a good spell dmg wand, here are my rares in Dominion:

rares

Glad I'm playing SC, I didn't die once leading up to the final fight for A3-Normal, then I died like 6 times.
Some of the new mobs are pretty strong, do a lot of burst damage.

Gonna try and make some actual progress today wanna hurry up and reroll a bow user after seeing the new two handed brackets for bows, not even to cruel yet my chemo is kicking my ### this week.

Glad I'm playing SC, I didn't die once leading up to the final fight for A3-Normal, then I died like 6 times.
Some of the new mobs are pretty strong, do a lot of burst damage.Gonna try and make some actual progress today wanna hurry up and reroll a bow user after seeing the new two handed brackets for bows, not even to cruel yet my chemo is kicking my ### this week.
Damn I might have missed a thread, you got the big C? :kicksrock:

Are you going physical bow?

Some of the new mobs are pretty strong, do a lot of burst damage.Gonna try and make some actual progress today wanna hurry up and reroll a bow user after seeing the new two handed brackets for bows, not even to cruel yet my chemo is kicking my ### this week.

Yeah, out of nowhere back in July - already in remission though had a really good diagnosis and prognosis all things considered, but my chemo waited until I was in remission to start kicking my ###.

Mostly physical but a hybrid of sorts, Frenzy/Lightning Arrow 105 pts Ranger/Shadow:

Has a little bit of everything, 100% phys damage, 30% cold and lightning damage, 100% projectile damage, 330%+ crit chance, 130%+ crit multi, 6 Frenzy Charges, 176% life, Soul Siphon (25 mana on kill), 35% chance to pierce (with projectile weakness and no pierce gem this should be 100%)

Build specifics:

Health

• 176% increased maximum Life
  • 26 to maximum Life
  • 1.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
Mitigation
  • 4% increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge
Damage
  • 175% increased Critical Strike Chance with Bows
  • 160% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • 99% increased Projectile Damage
  • 98% increased Physical Damage with Bows
  • 85% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Bows
  • 50% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 40% increased Accuracy Rating
  • 35% increased Attack Speed
  • 30% increased Cold Damage with Weapons
  • 30% increased Lightning Damage with Weapons
  • 20% increased Projectile Speed
  • 20% increased Accuracy Rating with Bows
  • 16% increased Attack Speed with Bows
  • 8% increased Movement Speed
  • 3% increased Cast Speed
  • 2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
Other
  • 320 to Dexterity
  • 80 to Strength
  • 50 to Intelligence
  • 35% chance of Arrows Piercing
  • 25 Mana Gained on Kill
  • 20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • 18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
  • 16 to maximum Mana
  • 3 Maximum Frenzy Charge

Yeah, out of nowhere back in July - already in remission though had a really good diagnosis and prognosis all things considered, but my chemo waited until I was in remission to start kicking my ###.

Mostly physical but a hybrid of sorts, Frenzy/Lightning Arrow 105 pts Ranger/Shadow:

Has a little bit of everything, 100% phys damage, 30% cold and lightning damage, 100% projectile damage, 330%+ crit chance, 130%+ crit multi, 6 Frenzy Charges, 176% life, Soul Siphon (25 mana on kill), 35% chance to pierce (with projectile weakness and no pierce gem this should be 100%)

Build specifics:

Health

• 26 to maximum Life
Mitigation
Damage
Other
  • 320 to Dexterity
  • 80 to Strength
  • 50 to Intelligence
  • 25 Mana Gained on Kill
  • 16 to maximum Mana
Damn man, totally missed that in your post. You hanging in there?

Damn man, totally missed that in your post. You hanging in there?
Yeah I was doing really good, hadn't had any nausea or other serious side effects then suddenly this week (had my 3rd treatment on monday) just the most ridiculous nausea, today is the first day this week I didn't wanna puke or crap out my guts. I'm at the halfway mark in treatment, last dosage will be on December 23rd effects should wear off by mid January, got one semester of school left to graduate - never a good time to get cancer but this was a really inconvenient time for me, diagnosed the day before my 25th birthday and a week before my last semester of school.

Run It Up said:
Jojo the circus boy said:

Yeah, out of nowhere back in July - already in remission though had a really good diagnosis and prognosis all things considered, but my chemo waited until I was in remission to start kicking my ###.Mostly physical but a hybrid of sorts, Frenzy/Lightning Arrow 105 pts Ranger/Shadow:

Build specifics:

Health

• 26 to maximum Life
Mitigation
Damage
Other
  • 320 to Dexterity
  • 80 to Strength
  • 50 to Intelligence
  • 25 Mana Gained on Kill
  • 16 to maximum Mana

Wow lots of crit, let me look at that more closely, maybe I incorporate some it into my FP build, this is a new Scion I'm working on:

http://bit.ly/18VLmyS

Effective health

• 219% increased maximum life
  • 5% increased maximum energy shield*
* (includes bonus from Intelligence & infused shield where applicable)

Keystones

• Eldritch Battery
  • Iron Reflexes
Passive skill tree breakdown

Health

• 219% increased maximum Life
  • 16 to maximum Life
  • 5% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 1% of Life Regenerated per Second
Mitigation

• 140% increased Evasion Rating
  • 64% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
  • 52% increased Armour
  • 20 to Evasion Rating
  • 18% to Fire Resistance
  • 18% to Lightning Resistance
  • 18% to Cold Resistance
  • 16% to Chaos Resistance
  • 16% to all Elemental Resistances
Damage

• 74% increased Projectile Damage
  • 44% increased Cold Damage
  • 36% increased Spell Damage
  • 30% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • 22% increased Attack Speed
  • 12% increased Physical Damage with Bows
  • 8% increased Melee Physical Damage
  • 6% increased Cast Speed
  • 6% increased Attack Speed with Bows
  • 6% increased Movement Speed
Other

• 180 to Intelligence
  • 160% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • 130 to Dexterity
  • 70 to Strength
  • 56% increased maximum Mana
  • 36 to maximum Mana
  • 5% Chance to Freeze
  • 2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
...looks like most of your crit is thru bows so no luck there combining

...looks like most of your crit is thru bows so no luck there combining
Looked at your build, tweaked it a little, one less point. Beginning to think Scion looks like crap but is secretly the best class for specialized builds if you can find the optimal paths - not a fan of her for Bow users though.

-18% all res

-18% evasion

-40% armor

+6% cold dmg

+160% crit chance

+40% crit multi

Build specifics:

Health

• 26 to maximum Life
Mitigation
Damage
Other
  • 320 to Dexterity
  • 80 to Strength
  • 50 to Intelligence
  • 25 Mana Gained on Kill
  • 16 to maximum Mana
I took some cue's from your build, this is mostly the same, but slightly different, uses Power Charge on Crit.

build

440% +Crit Chance

233% +Damage (Phys + Projectile Damage, I think these are additive?)

135% +Crit Multiplier

132% Life (only, biggest drawback)

+88 Max Life (+38 max life + 100 Strength/2) - kind of makes up for the %Life drawback above

+110 Int (makes levelling / using gems easier until that unique neck piece can be acquired)

+100 Str

+6 Frenzy Charges

+4 Power Charges (+5 with Bandit quest)

Summary

Bumping the thread after mentioning it in the Video games general thread.

On-topic:
I started level an explosive arrow build that I really liked but at the same time I started an Eldritch Battery EK build, despite not actually liking the EK skill my character absolutely crushes content 60% Physical damage reduction, 83% all res, 20% chaos res, 4k Life, 6k DPS. I don't do the most damage but I'm currently running a 5L with increased rarity, if I replaced it with Iron Will I'd be doing about 8-9k, buts its been unnecessary farming Merciless Piety solo.

1.0.1 Patch Notes (first major content patch since release) due out tonight or tomorrow.

Version 1.0.1
Major Content/Features:

• Added support for the Descent: Champions race events and Race Season Five.
  • Added a new Dexterity support gem - Enhance: This is a world-drop-only gem with three levels that only performs its function at level two and above.
  • Added a new Strength skill gem - Purity of Fire: Casts an aura that grants fire resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum fire resistance.
  • Added a new Dexterity skill gem - Purity of Ice: Casts an aura that grants cold resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum cold resistance.
  • Added a new Intelligence skill gem - Purity of Lightning: Casts an aura that grants lightning resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum lightning resistance.
  • The new aura gems are available to certain classes from the "Intruders in Black" quest and to other classes from the "A Fixture of Fate" quest (both in normal difficulty).
  • Added four new Unique items, all of which were designed by supporters.
  • Added three new cosmetic microtransactions: Golden Spectral Throw, Discipline Force Field Effect and Scion Dance Animation.
  • Two new Achievements have been added: Capture the Flag and Zombie Horde
  • A checkbox has been added to allow Guild Chat to be hidden.
  • New art has been added for Endurance, Power and Frenzy charges.
  • Eight new vendor recipes have been added in two groups of four, including ones for changing which bandit quest reward you chose.
  • To change your bandit quest reward, use the book that you receive from the recipe in the appropriate difficulty. If you had Eramir's reward, you will need a skill point available to change away from it.
  • When race prizes are awarded in Race Season Five onwards, the remove-only stash tab they go to can be accessed from any non-event league. You cannot access it in the first two weeks of a ladder. This means that your race prizes can be removed from the tab in Domination or Nemesis (but can't be put back in). When the next four month leagues start, the prizes will not be available in the first two weeks (to keep the early race fair).
Minor Content/Features:
  • Spectral Throw now has a more spectral effect.
  • Necromancers now use an alternate curse effect.
  • Effects have been added for when a Jade or Quartz Flask is used.
  • The list of community supporters in the credits has been updated.
  • A new audio track has been added to the the Darkness Event in Act 2.
  • A button for the Microtransaction Shop has been added to the Escape menu.
  • Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
End-game Map Balance:
  • The item drop quantity and rarity for Map bosses has been increased.
  • While playing End-game Maps, you are now more likely to find higher level Maps.
  • The signature monsters for Courtyard and Palace Maps have been swapped.
  • Reduced the range at which monsters use Delayed Blast. This mostly affects Maps.
Skill Balance:
  • Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong.
  • Ice Nova: Damage at high levels has been increased (around 10% more damage at level 15).
  • Vitality: Mana reservation cost reduced from 60% to 40%.
  • Purity: Now grants no maximum resistances.
  • Animated Guardian: The Guardian now recovers 25% of its life whenever a new armour piece is added to it.
  • Enfeeble: The accuracy penalty given by quality has been halved.
  • Mortal Conviction has been improved from 30% to 40% less aura mana reservation.
  • Early Scion Spell Damage passive skills changed from 8% to 6%.
Race Balance:
  • Various balance adjustments have been made to the Endless Ledge.
  • Class chests for Descent: Classic have been updated.
  • Characters now have a standing start in all race events.
General Balance:
  • The party life bonus for monsters in higher difficulties has been reduced from 25% to 20% per player per difficulty. Parties still need a lot more damage output than in Open Beta, but it's not quite so high now.
  • Shrine effects for players that are based on skills have been buffed at higher levels.
  • The life values of several monsters that appear in the Sceptre of God have been reduced.
  • Beast skeletons can now be revived by necromancers.
  • All quest rewards are now 0% quality, not just skill gems.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where a wagon could block the path through the Barracks.
  • Fixed an issue where check marks would appear on Notable and Keystone passive skills, even though there is currently no related challenge.
  • Fixed issues that prevented some monsters from spawning as rare. This makes the Kill Rare Monsters challenge completable.
  • Fixed the Locomancer Achievement.
  • Fixed issues with the All Ears and No Stone Unturned achievements.
  • A warning message has been added for items with gems being added to guild stash.
  • Some missing minimap markers for doors have been added back into the Solaris and Lunaris Temples.
  • Fixed a bug where certain Nemesis mods did no damage when spawned on Carrion Queens.
  • Cast on Damage Taken will no longer count any damage taken while you're dead.
  • Fixed a Scion hair bug with Lamellar armour.
  • Fixed the Siosa quest to not highlight map pins once completed.
  • Fixed an issue with key pickup and the Animate (Weapon and Guardian) skills.
  • Fixed a crash related to chained projectiles.
  • Various fixes have been made to guild tabs.
  • Fixed a problem where you couldn't right-click on the league flag to bring up the player context menu for a character in the friends list or guild member list.
  • Fixed a bug where Vaal Construct type monsters would receive attack-only mods even though they're spellcasters.
  • When someone declines your guild invite it now says they declined, rather than having left the guild.
  • Fixed an issue with pixelated outlines of monsters and characters that would occur in situations like the Darkness Event.
  • The new guild invite notification will no longer keep popping up every time you transition to a new instance.
  • Fixed a potential instance crash with Molten Shell.
  • Fixed a bug where if you kill all Clarissa's guards before getting close to her then it tells you to kill all the now-dead guards.
  • Fixed some bugs with Aura priorities and the passive skills that increase the effect of auras not being taken into account.
  • Fixed an issue where Remove Only stash tabs could remain after being emptied.
  • Fixed a bug related to viewing a Guild Tab while the leader turns off your view of it.
  • Added a message indicating that maps will be consumed when creating a Guild tag.

Righteous Fire + EK Build

Keystones

• Unwavering Stance
Passive skill tree breakdown

Health

• 300% increased maximum Life
  • 62 to maximum Life (+155 life from +310 Str)
  • 9.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
Mitigation

• 95% increased Armour
  • 30% increased Block and Stun Recovery
  • 24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
  • 20% increased Defences from equipped Shield
  • 16% additional Chance to Block with Shields
  • 10% to all Elemental Resistances
  • 2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
  • 2% to maximum Fire Resistance
  • 2% to maximum Cold Resistance
Damage

• 20% increased Accuracy Rating
  • 15% increased Projectile Damage
  • 12% increased Physical Damage
  • 8% increased Attack Speed
  • 8% increased Melee Physical Damage
  • 2% increased Movement Speed
Other

• 310 to Strength
  • 150 to Dexterity
  • 120 to Intelligence
  • 40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • 30% Chance to Avoid being Stunned
  • 2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
Uniques:

haven't logged on since sept --- and check this out

game of the year??

congrats, poe!!!!

looks like I missed a lot --- can't even get through all these patch notes.

wish I hadn't sold all those facebreakers back in sept :(

btw, could I get a few bullet points on the last 3 months?

Score: 9.5/10

Its that time folks, the second 4 month content patch goes live this coming Wednesday March 5th.

Two new leagues the softcore ambush league and the hardcore invasion league. Ambush will have 'strongboxes' spread throughout zones that will contain much better loot than you would typically find, but will be guarded by tough monsters. The Invasion hardcore league will add a unique boss to every zone in the game, 60 some odd new unique bosses have been added in this patch.

The first of the two main additions to this patch are the new Vaal skill gems, which are rare variants of existing skill gems that must be charged by killing mobs before being able to use them, they alter the effects of existing skill gems in to much more devastating versions. The second main addition to this patch is the new Vaal orb, a new currency item that allows you to corrupt items adding unique proper0ties (such as white sockets that can hold any skill gem) to an item otherwise impossible to add, but once an item is corrupted it can no longer be modified.

This patch will also bring a passive tree change that has yet to be announced.

Sacrifice of the Vaal info

Content trailer

Idk about you guys, but I'm pretty ####### excited, haven't had an ARPG to play for the last two months.

I havent played in quite some time so I am not sure about all the stuff that was just added but wow what a difference in this game. Love everything they added. I think I am once again hooked.

• Art/Graphics/Sounds all seem improved
  • the random protected chests are a great addition
  • random "end game map" like areas in low level areas were a great surprise

They just randomly add a new mod. Sometimes bad sometimes good, but once you use a Vaal orb that item if FIXED and cannot have anything changed! no links, colors, or mods. Big risk/reward

They just randomly add a new mod. Sometimes bad sometimes good, but once you use a Vaal orb that item if FIXED and cannot have anything changed! no links, colors, or mods. Big risk/reward
What build are you running now? I currently trying a marauder 1h tank and enjoying it.

Hey guys, I am going back in from scratch. I have not played since well before the game was officially released.

I have no items left as I gave everything away to a fellow FBGer when I stopped playing.

Is there any recommendations on what league I should start in if starting from nothing?

Hey guys, I am going back in from scratch. I have not played since well before the game was officially released.

I have no items left as I gave everything away to a fellow FBGer when I stopped playing.

Is there any recommendations on what league I should start in if starting from nothing?
I would try the new Spectral Throw Build. seems like a really fun build.

I am playing a CI Scion Build following a build guide made a fellow guild member Serlev is the name. Look it up.

wow, so many news things. Treasure chests that are guarded and these corrupted areas are cool.

I just cleared my first corrupted area and got a Vaal Skill Gem.

I read that these special gems only work if you have enough "souls" which I assume has something to do with killing people in an area.

How do I know how many souls I have gathered in an area and how do I know how many souls are needed to use the gem?

For you long time players who might be reading, can you suggest a basic character I could try that would use blood magic and at least 2 auras?

For you long time players who might be reading, can you suggest a basic character I could try that would use blood magic and at least 2 auras?
bump
Any of the Templar builds, something that is tanky. I run a CI Immortal Tanky Max block build.
How does chaos inoculation and blood magic work? It does not seem like it should since CI puts your health at 1 and Blood Magic makes all mana draw from health instead.

bump
Any of the Templar builds, something that is tanky. I run a CI Immortal Tanky Max block build.
How does chaos inoculation and blood magic work? It does not seem like it should since CI puts your health at 1 and Blood Magic makes all mana draw from health instead.
Sorry, didn't realize you wanted to run blood magic. They cannot run together for your needs. I did CI so that I didn't have to worry about chaos damage. Also, FWIW I think that ES is better 1:1 ratio to HP.

Users who are viewing this thread