Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mamoux is my main character name.   I have several characters in the high 90's that have played several different builds.  I have one at level 100 that is a Templar.   I spend too much time on this ga

I played 3 characters in Legion.   I am taking a break now and waiting for the new league.  Legion was fun but I never was able to get a decent character going.  I kept topping off around level 91

If you are already familiar with ARPG's (Diablo 2 and 3 for example), you will have a nice baseline to work from. As for newbie resources, Engineering Eternity's basic series videos are as good a

  • 2 weeks later...

i'm following a build that says one of my 4 link items should use the following gems:

4 Link

Cast When Damage Taken (Level 9) - Molten Shell (Level 12) - Increased Duration (Level 20) - Vaal Lightning Trap

is CWDT triggering molten shell AND lightening trap? can "cast when damage taken" trigger two gems?

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, shady inc said:

i'm following a build that says one of my 4 link items should use the following gems:

4 Link

Cast When Damage Taken (Level 9) - Molten Shell (Level 12) - Increased Duration (Level 20) - Vaal Lightning Trap

is CWDT triggering molten shell AND lightening trap? can "cast when damage taken" trigger two gems?

Yes it can as long as all of the gems are spell gems and are linked

Edited by Buddy Ball 2K3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2017 at 4:37 PM, SHIZNITTTT said:

My guildie hit 100 on his 1st character and is leveling up his second one.  I went from level 72 to 94 in two days running maps with him.  

so good!

I am stuck in limbo on level 92 on my character.  I can't progress as my maps are all too low so I am getting less than 1% exp per map and if I die I wipe out hours and hours of play.

I can't seem to maintain high level maps(t13 and higher) even though I alch every map I run.  I am all the way down to just having T10 maps to run.

I am making a ton of money as I have around 50ex on hand in just currency alone plus a bunch of stuff that is on sale so I might just keep grinding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

so good!

I am stuck in limbo on level 92 on my character.  I can't progress as my maps are all too low so I am getting less than 1% exp per map and if I die I wipe out hours and hours of play.

I can't seem to maintain high level maps(t13 and higher) even though I alch every map I run.  I am all the way down to just having T10 maps to run.

I am making a ton of money as I have around 50ex on hand in just currency alone plus a bunch of stuff that is on sale so I might just keep grinding.

Is this on Standard, or Harbinger league?  

50 ex on Harbinger would be insane.  Hook a brother up!

With that much currency, can't you just buy the maps you need?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to hook up with a sugar daddy to bump my level.  I guess I should just push through with one character.  I end up getting bored with one and moving to another.  I haven't touched my assassin/frost blades build in a while.  My electro witch has been mostly untouched as well.  Lately I've been using my flame arrow ranger Calista Flamehart.  I'm running up against a wall with her damage output though since she is out-leveling her unique bow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scoresman said:

Is this on Standard, or Harbinger league?  

50 ex on Harbinger would be insane.  Hook a brother up!

With that much currency, can't you just buy the maps you need?

standard.  I have never played a league (I can't bring myself to start over with no cash).

I might have to start buying maps as you suggest but buying is the worst part of the game for me.  So many people will never respond to a buy request.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you're at or near 100 atlas completion for the map drop bonus, and just suck it up and buy a bunch of the tier maps you need.  Trading can suck sometimes, yes.  Especially in standard because a lot of people have a Standard shop, but are playing Harbinger and wont bother switching characters to sell things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scoresman said:

Make sure you're at or near 100 atlas completion for the map drop bonus, and just suck it up and buy a bunch of the tier maps you need.  Trading can suck sometimes, yes.  Especially in standard because a lot of people have a Standard shop, but are playing Harbinger and wont bother switching characters to sell things. 

I am at 93 on my atlas.  I will attempt to buy some t14 and t15 maps, which should provide me 3-4% exp per map.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

So how do the mechanics of trading work?  I understand poe.trade and how to see who has things for sale and and how much they are asking.

So I assume I just whisper the person and then what?  They set up a party?  I set up a party?  Unclear about what happens after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

So how do the mechanics of trading work?  I understand poe.trade and how to see who has things for sale and and how much they are asking.

So I assume I just whisper the person and then what?  They set up a party?  I set up a party?  Unclear about what happens after that.

Whisper the person, chat Hi I would like to buy  "X" item for "X" currency.   Agree to terms

Invite person to party meet in your HO if you are selling

Meet in their HO if buying.      Just a courtesy thing I guess with POE players, but you can meet anywhere even in town.    

Hit the trade button, make sure it is the correct item by mousing over it.     Make sure the currency is correct.   Hit accept.  Done. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdaou8CSZo

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Whisper the person, chat Hi I would like to buy  "X" item for "X" currency.   Agree to terms

Invite person to party meet in your HO if you are selling

Meet in their HO if buying.      Just a courtesy thing I guess with POE players, but you can meet anywhere even in town.    

Hit the trade button, make sure it is the correct item by mousing over it.     Make sure the currency is correct.   Hit accept.  Done. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdaou8CSZo

You can simplify this process a bit.

If you click on the "whisper" icon underneath the item you want to buy on poetrade, it stores all the information you need.  Then you just go back to poe chat and paste and all the correct information will be there to contact the person.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

Wait they're not adding another 10 acts?  Psssh.  Whatever.  

I just praying for a map tab!  That is the last upgrade I want for the stash.  Managing the maps is a nightmare right now and with 32 more coming in it is only going to get worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/14/2019 at 8:54 PM, SHIZNITTTT said:

Anyone still playing?   

 

If not I would like your old gear.     Thanks. 

I play a ton still.  The game just keeps getting better and better.  I cant wait for Legion to start!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EYLive said:

I just downloaded this (and the bonus pack) for PS4. What's a good resource for a n00b?

If you are already familiar with ARPG's (Diablo 2 and 3 for example), you will have a nice baseline to work from.

As for newbie resources, Engineering Eternity's basic series videos are as good as it gets.    It may seem like drinking out of a fire hose but if you take the time to watch the vids, you will likely enjoy the game much more.  They cover all the basics that a brand new player needs to get started.

Start with these videos and then if you like them, he has a ton more on the more complicated parts of the game

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

 

also, feel free to ask any questions you have here and I can do what I can to answer them.  I play on PC but I should be able to describe what you need to do on ps4.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EYLive said:

I just downloaded this (and the bonus pack) for PS4. What's a good resource for a n00b?

As stated already I would watch some game play videos and follow a build that looks fun to play.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they have been very vocal in the dev Q&As, they know the community wants fast loot leagues.

 

Been dealing with a hip injury for the past 4 months so i missed all of this last league, i really wanna play this league but im not there yet, hopefully i can make it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EYLive said:

I just downloaded this (and the bonus pack) for PS4. What's a good resource for a n00b?

All I know is make sure you do a lot of research before you start playing. I played up until about level 45 and then found out I had gimped my character and wasted all those hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

anyone still playing?    

I played 3 characters in Legion.   I am taking a break now and waiting for the new league.  Legion was fun but I never was able to get a decent character going.  I kept topping off around level 91

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...