What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Buffalo Bills - Same as it ever was*** (4 Viewers)

Hey, Buffalo fans! Just putting a . in here so I can keep up on news coming out of your town leading up to Saturday.

Talking to the press today, Ravens D coordinator said he told his defense that Allen is like a young Roethlisberger with his size and ability to extend plays, but with Marino's arm. Also told them that they need to tackle him like they tackled Derrick Henry to get him on the ground. I like that young QB a lot and will be rooting for whoever wins this game to take the Super Bowl. 

Really really hoping for no snow and low wind, just want this game to be played at the highest level possible for both teams without undue weather interference. Lot of talk in Baltimore about possible snow but it looks (so far) to me like it probably won't be much of a factor.

Come stop by the Ravens thread to say hi if you like. There aren't many of us but everyone there is good people. We're very realistic about our team, no homer-ism - except on the rare occasions when someone feels the need to come in and talk crap about Lamar, at which points all bets are off.

We're very realistic about our team, no homer-ism - except on the rare occasions when someone feels the need to come in and talk crap about Lamar, at which points all bets are off.
I don’t blame you, Lamar is great. And Bills fans totally understand with all the crap Allen got. Should be a fun game Saturday. Total coin flip in my mind.

I'm not really that worried about Allen and the offense.  That's not meant in any way to be disrespectful to Baltimore or anything, just that the offense has been consistently excellent all year except for the Tennessee game which was deeply weird all around.  Baltimore has a good defense, but the Bills passing game has been shredding good defenses all year.  I'll be kind of disappointed if Buffalo is held below 28.

I'm super duper worried about the Buffalo defense vs. Baltimore's running game.  That's a real weakness-vs.-strength matchup in Baltimore's favor.  
couldn't agree more.

Grigs Allmoon said:
Time for us all to test our wives and report back. (I'm very slightly optimistic.)
To follow up, I asked my wife if she could describe the image. Her response was basically...

"Uhh, I don't know. 17 is Josh Allen, right? Who is #12? Barry Sanders? Wait, no wrong team. Is that Jim Kelly?"

She's obviously not a football fan, and being a Michigander probably couldn't have even told you if Buffalo had a football team before we met. She really only knows who Barry Sanders is because he is my all time favorite and have talked about him many times. 

Kinda funny that the Bills are finally good and like half the Bills fans that used to commiserate here aren’t in here anymore and the chatter has been pretty minimal. 5-6 years ago this thread would have been practically pinned to the top of the page if they were playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs as the Vegas favorite.

Kinda funny that the Bills are finally good and like half the Bills fans that used to commiserate here aren’t in here anymore and the chatter has been pretty minimal. 5-6 years ago this thread would have been practically pinned to the top of the page if they were playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs as the Vegas favorite.
All the kids have moved on to Tik Tok and Insta Graph and Tweeter. Forearms are very slowly fading away.  :kicksrock:

The Bills really did have a ridiculous schedule.  The hardest NFC division, and both #2s in AFC conferences that the Bills had to play (Titans, Steelers) were also division winners  

The Bills are 5-0 against top 10 defenses this year. In those games, Josh Allen has a 112.2 passer rating while completing 70.9% of his passes for 281 yards per game in addition to 16 total touchdowns (13 passing, 3 rushing).

I also still don’t understand the narrative that the Ravens did better against the Titans than the Bills did against the Colts, leading to the perception the Ravens are HOT while the Bills are NOT. Let’s not forget Vravel with two dumb punts that reduced his team’s win percent by 20!

I also still don’t understand the narrative that the Ravens did better against the Titans than the Bills did against the Colts, leading to the perception the Ravens are HOT while the Bills are NOT. Let’s not forget Vravel with two dumb punts that reduced his team’s win percent by 20!
Who is saying that? I've not seen that anywhere, though I long ago gave up trying to follow everything. What little bit I have seen all acknowledge how hot the Bills are.

I'd love to see someone try to make a case that any team has played better than Buffalo the last two months.

Who is saying that? I've not seen that anywhere, though I long ago gave up trying to follow everything. What little bit I have seen all acknowledge how hot the Bills are.

I'd love to see someone try to make a case that any team has played better than Buffalo the last two months.
I was just telling a friend Wednesday night about an interesting AskReddit thread I read a while back where someone asked what thing surprised/confused them about Americans when they got here. A really big one was a lot of people couldn’t understand why we always make things black and white, or have favorites of everything, etc. Caught me off guard a bit as I had no idea that most of the world doesn’t do things like “favorite color” or “favorite food”. 

All that to say, I think both teams are playing really great right now and either team could win this game. 

What's the latest on the weather up there? From what I can tell, looks like there might be some light snow showers, maybe moreso in the second half, but that snow doesn't seem to be much of a factor - maybe less of a concern than some wind

Hope I don't jinx you guys, but Buf -2.5 is my best play this week. No one outstanding reason, just a few smaller ones that have already been mentioned.

A lot of the talking heads. Chris Simms and Florio who were both high on the Bills in round 1 but are now “concerned” since they “struggled” against the Colts.  Cowherd also. 

These are all comments from Wed/Thurs, haven’t listened to any of them today yet. 

What's the latest on the weather up there? From what I can tell, looks like there might be some light snow showers, maybe moreso in the second half, but that snow doesn't seem to be much of a factor - maybe less of a concern than some wind
from Weather.com:

Cloudy during the evening. A few snow showers developing late. Low 33F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%. Higher wind gusts possible.

Outside of a big disparity in turnovers where we get a Cle/Pitt result, I think this game is going to be epic. It may not be the prettiest, but it'll be a blast to watch.

We have probably the two most unorthodox star QBs in the NFL. We have perceived weaknesses by one team playing into the other's strength. We're liable to have some funky weather.

I still root hard for my teams but, the older I get, the more I'd just like to be entertained. 

Some how contain the big running plays by Lamar and I think the Bills have a good chance. Easier said than done, but I will be cheering for Buffalo from start to finish.

Ravens 34, Bills 28

Ravens gash the Bills all day on the ground, Bills try mixing it up defensively but just have no answer, and the Ravens seemingly score at will.  Bills have a few costly 3-and-outs, perhaps the playoff jitters from Allen missing a few throws, and the Ravens capitalize with some long 6-7 minute, 13-play scoring drives, eating up a lot of clock.  Ravens finish with at least 35 minutes TOP and at least 225 team rushing yards.  Bills quick-strike offense and Allen making some hero plays keep the Bills generally in it, but playing from behind for most of the game.

I hope this is wrong, but this is how I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravens 34, Bills 28

Ravens gash the Bills all day on the ground, Bills try mixing it up defensively but just have no answer, and the Ravens seemingly score at will.  Bills have a few costly 3-and-outs, perhaps the playoff jitters from Allen missing a few throws, and the Ravens capitalize with some long 6-7 minute, 13-play scoring drives, eating up a lot of clock.  Ravens finish with at least 35 minutes TOP and at least 225 team rushing yards.  Bills quick-strike offense and Allen making some hero plays keep the Bills generally in it, but playing from behind for most of the game.

I hope this is wrong, but this is how I see it.
I don't see the score being that high, if the game plays out that way, but that's generally one of two scenarios I see. The other is the Bills managing to get an early 14 point lead, and slowly taking the run game away from the Ravens.

(If the Bills win the coin toss I REALLY hope they take the ball first.)

I don't see the score being that high, if the game plays out that way, but that's generally one of two scenarios I see. The other is the Bills managing to get an early 14 point lead, and slowly taking the run game away from the Ravens.

(If the Bills win the coin toss I REALLY hope they take the ball first.)
I understand, but I just don't see the Bills getting meaningful stops against the Ravens offense.  I know the Ravens have a good defense, but I think the Bills can score - and I think they'll have to, playing from behind for much of the game.  It has the feeling of one of those games where the Bills are in it, and every time the Ravens have the ball you're praying for that one defensive gem that just never happens.  Bills down 1 score, 3rd and 13 in the early 4th quarter, and Lamar breaks a 30-yard run that just sucks the life out of you.  One of those type of games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bills 27-20 is my prediction. Bills sell out to stop the run. They succeed as well as the Titans and give up the same amount of points. 

On defence, the Ravens stick with what works for them, and Allen plays just slightly WORSE than he has against pressure all year, which is still enough to put up 27. 

Anyone have any dirt on Daboll? We need send it to the Chargers' ownership. Actually, let's just make something up at this point....

(Obviously kidding. As I've mentioned before, I fully expected him to be gone after this year. I'm just bummed to think about how much of a loss that will be. I think it'll be pretty significant.)

Anyone have any dirt on Daboll? We need send it to the Chargers' ownership. Actually, let's just make something up at this point....

(Obviously kidding. As I've mentioned before, I fully expected him to be gone after this year. I'm just bummed to think about how much of a loss that will be. I think it'll be pretty significant.)
The biggest loss would be if he manages to convince California bred Ken Dorsey with him as his OC. I think, ideally, Dorsey becomes Buffalo’s OC in place of Daboll. Dorsey is a super smart dude and has obviously played a big role as the QB coach. I think he’d be a great OC and give them consistency as well.

So Goodell is at the game tonight. So now that we know the fix is in, the question is: who is it fixed for? First time in a LONG time I could see a game play out where the league may actually prefer to see the Bills move on.

Trent Murphy active tonight. He was actually an important part of stopping Jackson last year and is pretty strong against the run, just doesn’t do much against the pass. With Johnson hurting, Murphy is active tonight and could play a key role in containing Lamar.

Well, I managed to keep myself busy pretty much all day so this hasn't been as agonizing as I had expected.  I'm fairly pessimistic about this game, but I'm not sure if that's driven by "Bills run defense vs. Ravens run offense" or just lingering trauma from 20+ years of playoff futility.  Either way, I don't figure to get much sleep tonight regardless of how this game goes.

Well, I managed to keep myself busy pretty much all day so this hasn't been as agonizing as I had expected.  I'm fairly pessimistic about this game, but I'm not sure if that's driven by "Bills run defense vs. Ravens run offense" or just lingering trauma from 20+ years of playoff futility.  Either way, I don't figure to get much sleep tonight regardless of how this game goes.
Yes. Agreed.

Two stats I’m holding onto right now: the Bills are 10-1 all time in Bills stadium in the playoffs (only loss being Kelly’s last game) and the last actually legit great passing game the Ravens played was Mahomes back in week 3 and he threw for 385 with 4 TDs. They played an incredibly weak schedule against the pass this year.

Steve Tasker said:
I understand, but I just don't see the Bills getting meaningful stops against the Ravens offense.  I know the Ravens have a good defense, but I think the Bills can score - and I think they'll have to, playing from behind for much of the game.  It has the feeling of one of those games where the Bills are in it, and every time the Ravens have the ball you're praying for that one defensive gem that just never happens.  Bills down 1 score, 3rd and 13 in the early 4th quarter, and Lamar breaks a 30-yard run that just sucks the life out of you.  One of those type of games.
Clearly I don't know #### about football.  

But I'm alright with that.

I figured the Bills would be able to shut down a one dimensional offence but I was worried I had rose coloured glasses. I didn’t think the D would hold them to 3 pts with 9 min left in the 4th AND kick in a TD!!!!!!

Bad luck for Lamar, but I don’t think he was bringing them back after what he did for 50 min. 

What a ride!!!

If you told me that the Bills would be held to 17 points and Allen would barely crack 200 total yards, I would have assumed we got pounded.  This was our second deeply weird game in a row, but no complaints.  

Two more.
2020/2021 season man. Weird and magical all in one. What a fun team to root for though. Definitely my favorite Bills team since the Super Bowl guys. May actually be more fun to root for.

Users who are viewing this thread