What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Buffalo Bills - Same as it ever was*** (5 Viewers)

2020/2021 season man. Weird and magical all in one. What a fun team to root for though. Definitely my favorite Bills team since the Super Bowl guys. May actually be more fun to root for.
Watching the 30 for 30 on the SB teams really brought back memories of how hated that team was toward the end.  I had kind of forgotten about that with the passage of time.  Great team of course, but man was it hard to be a Bills fan back then.  

What a great win!  D was incredible tonight.  They contained the backyard garbage play of Jackson and made him be a QB (which he isn’t very good at).  Never thought they would hold them to 3 points though.  
Great win! 

It's still kind of early for this, but I'm starting to think that the Diggs trade may have been the best trade in Bills history.  The Hughes trade was a steal, but surely Cornelius Bennett is the only trade that's even in this discussion, right?

I do not watch much football outside of the Bills so when a lot of commentary started coming in against the Bills I was a bit surprised but assumed I was the one who was off base. 

F that. This team is damn good. Both offence and defence. 

It's still kind of early for this, but I'm starting to think that the Diggs trade may have been the best trade in Bills history.  The Hughes trade was a steal, but surely Cornelius Bennett is the only trade that's even in this discussion, right?
This is a pretty good one too:

The Bills traded their first- and second-round selections (12th, 53rd and 56th overall) to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for Tampa Bay's first- and seventh-round selections (7th and 255th overall).

This is a pretty good one too:

The Bills traded their first- and second-round selections (12th, 53rd and 56th overall) to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for Tampa Bay's first- and seventh-round selections (7th and 255th overall).
Yeah, in fairness I suppose that one worked out okay.

So many awesome parts about last night:

-Taron’s pick 6 (that may get adjusted to 102 yards and being the playoff record)

-Holding Jackson to 0 TDs (obviously assisted by him leaving the game), but the first time that’s happened since his very first start

-Holding Mark Andrews to 28 yards and just 4 catches on 11 targets. Thought he could be the one to wreck the Bills and they shut him down

-The 6,700 fans being SO LOUD that they made the Ravens go to the silent count!! I think Bills Mafia may have had a legit impact on that game

-The defense absolutely bottling up Lamar on the ground. He looked completely uncomfortable all night long

-All the wild stuff in the game: the wind being a massive factor leading to 2 missed field goals, shanked punts, and off target passes; multiple bad snaps to Jackson; a number of balls put on the ground that all were recovered by the offenses; the Bills totally abandoning the run

Just an all around crazy game.

And I’ll say it: this team just feels like Destiny. It just does.

Congrats on the win!  I sincerely hope this team gets two more wins.  I know "deserve's got nothing to do with it," but Buffalo fans deserve a championship.  It's long overdue, and I hope it happens. 

Decided this morning to buy my first jersey in a while. Hopped online to grab a Josh Allen jersey. Apparently I am a month too late on that as they are sold out absolutely everywhere. Nike/NFLShop blowing that one. How do you not have jerseys available for an MVP candidate?

Nice job by The Bills D,the first drive by The Ravens looked like bad news but give the coaches credit,they adjusted and really shut down what was a hot offense. I didn't have an interest either way just wanted to see a good game and it was. Bills/Packers in The Super Bowl for me. I think The Bills can go to K.C. and take out the defending champion,IF The Chiefs get by Da Browns. If there's an upset then get ready to party Buffalo,AFC Championship at home and it won't be close. Just my 2 cents.

So many awesome parts about last night:

-Taron’s pick 6 (that may get adjusted to 102 yards and being the playoff record)

-Holding Jackson to 0 TDs (obviously assisted by him leaving the game), but the first time that’s happened since his very first start

-Holding Mark Andrews to 28 yards and just 4 catches on 11 targets. Thought he could be the one to wreck the Bills and they shut him down

-The 6,700 fans being SO LOUD that they made the Ravens go to the silent count!! I think Bills Mafia may have had a legit impact on that game

-The defense absolutely bottling up Lamar on the ground. He looked completely uncomfortable all night long

-All the wild stuff in the game: the wind being a massive factor leading to 2 missed field goals, shanked punts, and off target passes; multiple bad snaps to Jackson; a number of balls put on the ground that all were recovered by the offenses; the Bills totally abandoning the run

Just an all around crazy game.

And I’ll say it: this team just feels like Destiny. It just does.
Team. Of. Destiny.

Deamon said:
Mahomes' charity might be getting a huge donation from you guys.
From Reid’s comments and Mahomes’s tweets after the game, I’m wondering if instead of a concussion Mahomes wasn’t actually choked out. Reid and Mahomes seem to be acting like he’s totally fine which seems unlikely if he had a concussion bad enough to give him jello legs.

From Reid’s comments and Mahomes’s tweets after the game, I’m wondering if instead of a concussion Mahomes wasn’t actually choked out. Reid and Mahomes seem to be acting like he’s totally fine which seems unlikely if he had a concussion bad enough to give him jello legs.
You can't get choked out in the half second (or so) that it took on that tackle.

You can't get choked out in the half second (or so) that it took on that tackle.
Then it seems awfully unlikely to me that he “passed all his deals” like Reid said or is “all good brother” like Mahomes’s Twitter account says. Will certainly be the #1 story for this week.

They will do all they can to not call it the “C” word. A lot of celebrities have social media managers so I wouldn’t even assume that Mahomes posted himself. 

Buffalo’s 32 rushing yards was the 4th lowest total for a team winning a playoff game. The other 3 teams to win with less than 40 yards rushing all went on to win the Super Bowl.

I think there is no doubt he was concussed.  I would think that Mahomes "passing all the tests" - for tonight - meant there was no need for him to go to the hospital.  It doesn't mean he is through the protocol.  The protocol won't even start until tomorrow.

Once you get a concussion diagnosis, you have to go through the protocol, which takes an absolute minimum of four days.  Also, my understanding is that there is no such thing as grading a concussion - you either have one or you don't, but doctors don't distinguish between a mild one and a severe one.  Guys that were knocked out cold have come back to play the following Sunday, while some guys that appeared from the sidelines to only be mild have missed several weeks.

Definitely wishing a speedy recovery for Mahomes (and any other person diagnosed with a concussion).

"4. Bills resemble Super Bowl winners with 32 rushing yards in playoff win

The Bills knocked off the Ravens, 17-3, on Saturday despite having only 32 rushing yards. That marked the fourth-fewest rushing yards by any team in a playoff win in NFL history. Good news for Buffalo: The 1999 Rams (who had two playoff wins with fewer than 32 rushing yards) and 2014 Patriots (who had the other such game) both won the Super Bowl that season."

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-stats-and-records-divisional-round-brady-rodgers-set-more-records

Might as well start engraving the trophy now then.

Here's hoping for a healthy Mahomes and a good solid game. The Bills have a huge advantage in this game since they've played the Chiefs already - they won't be surprised by their speed..

Your team is gelling at the right time and Josh Allen just has that look about him. 

Weather this next weekend is forecasted at low 40's and possible rain. So not bad for this time of year here.  

Your fanbase is one that if the Chiefs happen to lose I would be glad if you guys won the Super Bowl. 

Fun stats/facts:

The last team left to have lost a game is the Bucs and they last lost on November 29th.

The lowest scoring team left is Kansas City, and even they averaged over 4.8ppg more than league average (Offense wins championships in today’s NFL).

Buffalo gets some attention from PFWA -- Beane wins Executive of the Year and Daboll wins Assistant Coach of the Year.  I can't really comment intelligently on how these two compare to other potential candidates around the league, but they're both obviously deserving.  It's nice to see our FO and coaching staff get some accolades considering what life was like before the current regime arrived.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/pfwa-names-brian-daboll-the-assistant-coach-of-the-year-brandon-beane-the-execut

Obviously it’s not happening for this week, but if the Bills manage to win this week, it sure seems like signing Mark Ingram for the Super Bowl would make a whole lot of sense. Veteran guy who would provide that power they lost with Moss’s injury. Just seems like a perfect fit IMO.

Not to alert Bills fans but there's a Buffalo store that is selling Conference Champions t-shirts with January 24th, 2021 as the date. Seems a tad early for that, since you know they didn't win yet. Seems like a bad omen to me! (I don't know if I used that word correctly).

Obviously it’s not happening for this week, but if the Bills manage to win this week, it sure seems like signing Mark Ingram for the Super Bowl would make a whole lot of sense. Veteran guy who would provide that power they lost with Moss’s injury. Just seems like a perfect fit IMO.
I like Mark Ingram's character and potential leadership qualities, but I really don't see that happening. It doesn't feel like the sort of thing this regime would do. I don't feel like it's much of a need, either. This isn't a run-first team who just lost a superstar bell-cow.

Kyle Brandt on Allen and this week’s game: “If he flips the table and beats the Chiefs, it’s a sensation...he’s now the face of the league.”

I don’t know if that would actually be the case or not with just how much Mahomes has been  pumped up, but if Allen leads the Bills to a Super Bowl title, he may very well get elevated to legit mega superstar status.

So many things were normal back then, but look 100 years old now.
I could list at least two dozen of these after watching this game, but how does everyone think this next scenario would pan out today?

"Hey Mr Goodell. We've got this player that just keeps getting concussions. We were thinking we'd put a 1/2 inch thick foam shell over the top of his helmet and send him back out there. Is that cool with you?"

I could list at least two dozen of these after watching this game, but how does everyone think this next scenario would pan out today?

"Hey Mr Goodell. We've got this player that just keeps getting concussions. We were thinking we'd put a 1/2 inch thick foam shell over the top of his helmet and send him back out there. Is that cool with you?"
Gazoo!

Have a good day gents. This is one of those games where I’ll be sad if the Chiefs lose, but Bills fans deserve this success as well. Looking forward to a long rivalry with you guys.

Here’s to a good game.  :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread