What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (2 Viewers)

I guess someone had to win that train wreck.  Also, John Phillips Sousa had a major makeover sometime.  WTF?
Yeah, not the best trio ever. That final was pretty tough though — I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Leadville before tonight. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes its really amazing these people have passed the test, interviews and several practice games.  Then they cant think nor bet properly.  I mean, what was the woman in 3rd doing with her bet last night?

I'm still mad that I missed the US Cities final question. I thought I had it nailed with "Silverton" (another Colorado mining town in the mountains).

(premature celebration) (oops, wrong)   :wall:

I'm still mad that I missed the US Cities final question. I thought I had it nailed with "Silverton" (another Colorado mining town in the mountains).

(premature celebration) (oops, wrong)   :wall:
I got it, maybe because the first thing that popped into my head was Galena Park.  That made me think lead, and the altitude said Colorado.

Walking Boot said:
To be fair, it was weird that the "old" motto was French and the "new" one was in English, which was a big mislead
??

The subject was French History. Pretty obvious that it was a translation. Keeping it in French would have made it way harder (but, even then, the fact that it was only for 4 years should have given it away).

Why the heck did that woman make that stupid wager in Final?  Drives me crazy.
It was odd.  Don't the top scoring losers continue on in the tournament?  Maybe there was some threshold she needed to get past to make it onto the top scorer board for losers???  

It was odd.  Don't the top scoring losers continue on in the tournament?  Maybe there was some threshold she needed to get past to make it onto the top scorer board for losers???  
The contestants don't know what that level will be, especialy since all that matches hadn't been played yet.  Historically, about 16K is a pretty good amount.  13K is marginal at best.

The contestants don't know what that level will be, especialy since all that matches hadn't been played yet.  Historically, about 16K is a pretty good amount.  13K is marginal at best.
But they should know where the current mark is for those who have already played, no?  Anyway, I was just speculating trying to find some sort of justification...

Galileo said:
But they should know where the current mark is for those who have already played, no?  Anyway, I was just speculating trying to find some sort of justification...
They aren’t aware of other scores in tourney. 14k is a score that will get a wildcard most of the time. However, the 7k she would have been left with if wrong wasn’t likely to get the job done, so it’s better to bet big enough to ensure the wild card. As she’s in second with two games left, she’s still likely to make it.

Galileo said:
and he won it in customary Holzhauer fashion...over before Final Jeopardy round.
Is it just me or did the questions in this game seem easier than the those in the last two games? The first two nights I was able to answer maybe 20-25%. This game I was able to answer about 60-70%.

Users who are viewing this thread