What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (3 Viewers)

James Holzhauer @James_Holzhauer

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at @KenJennings and you can see that statement is not true.

I can’t believe they gave that guy credit for “birds of prey”. The clue said they were going for the name that came from the Latin for “to seize”, which means it has to be raptors.

I can’t believe they gave that guy credit for “birds of prey”. The clue said they were going for the name that came from the Latin for “to seize”, which means it has to be raptors.
According to dictionary.com, "prey" comes from the Latin prehendere, "to grasp or seize". It appears, by coincidence, to have a root from a different Latin word for seize than the cluemakers intended. Must have been a hectic research session during the break.
When was the last time you saw a game with multiple 'adjustments' to scores after the fact. I think there were 3 last night (2 prey and one later for the champion).

Also, what a way to lose!! Ouch!

Jeopardy used to be about putting smart people on display. Now they want the viewer to feel just as smart or smarter than the contestants while they play at home, and they've dumbed down the game a lot.
Great point and spot on, imo. Lots of silly pop culture stuff in there now too. Used to be I could hang with the college version and definitely the HS one...but would fumble with a lot of the growed up version. Now...it feels like it's all HS version.

I wonder if there's any correlation of the easing with with Alex getting sick...

If you know so little about football that you think the Patriots play in Chicago, why are you making dumb guresses?
I can have some sympathy for the woman who said Wrigley--in the heat of the moment, she's thinking "oh, it's that famous old baseball field...." and Wrigley pops into her head.  But the guy who then follows up with the logic that "well, if it isn't Wrigley, it must be the other Chicago stadium" was hilarious. Of course he's also the one who thought a Patriots' employee ran out with a lawnmower to help the kicker make a field goal.

Wow.  Even more painful to watch than Jeff Goldblum reading questions last week is Vanna White filling in for Pat Sajak on Wheel of Fortune.  What the hell were they thinking?

Pat Sajak had a medical thing and couldn't do it for several episodes. You'd think with 30 years of watching from up close she'd have picked up a few things.
I can't imagine she volunteered for that.  Pat's job is all about personality and charisma, not feigned excitement.  The producers dropped the ball by not bringing in a recognizable face with personality.  

Leroy Hoard said:
Easy FJ for me today, but then I'm as old as black and white dirt.
I started laughing when I saw the question - you're talking about my all time favorite TV show!

Sorry to see the champ go, but she won plenty of times.

Leroy Hoard said:
Easy FJ for me today, but then I'm as old as black and white dirt.
I wouldn't say "easy", but the "Strange" in the title of the music made it one that could be figured out.

I wouldn't say "easy", but the "Strange" in the title of the music made it one that could be figured out.
I got it from the year (it ran from 1959-64) and the "Strange".

I don't normally know the year of TV shows, but as I've said, it's my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread