What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (2 Viewers)

Ken Jennings to be the first "guest host" until a permanent one is hired: https://deadline.com/2020/11/joepardy-ken-jennings-guest-host-schedule-alex-trebek-1234620780/

Producer Sony Pictures Television said Monday that a permanent host has not been named; rather, a series of interim guest hosts “from within the Jeopardy! family” will take the podium, beginning with Jennings when shooting resumes November 30. Other hosts have not yet been announced.

Meanwhile, Jeopardy! will air 10 of Trebek’s best episodes during the weeks of December 21 and December 28, with the last week of episodes that Trebek shot before his death (they were filmed in October) now set to air beginning January 4. They had been planned to air during the week of December but were shifted to avoid holiday-season pre-emptions.

The first week of guest-hosted shows featuring Jennings will air the week of January 11.

The final Alex Trebek episode has been mover to the week of January 4.

They will then have rotating Announcers, starting with Ken Jennings

Wow, some really strong contestants the past couple weeks!

A kid that went school with my daughter (Elementary  through High) is on tonight. He's in for a tough time.

Not saying I'm a fan of Jennings. But everyone has a past event or events they are not proud of. Technology keeps everything from the past available for the present.

Jennings remark was in poor taste but is it how he should forever be defined? Its one fragment of his being what are the other parts?

The current champ, Brayden, has looked pretty strong in both of his wins. He could put together a pretty good run. It would be nice to see one last great run in the final Trebek shows.

The current champ, Brayden, has looked pretty strong in both of his wins. He could put together a pretty good run. It would be nice to see one last great run in the final Trebek shows.
The funny thing is that he looks really unsure about his answers, which are almost always correct. He definitely has a tentative manner for someone who is playing so well.

The funny thing is that he looks really unsure about his answers, which are almost always correct. He definitely has a tentative manner for someone who is playing so well.
I’m pretty sure he’s making educated guesses on the ones he seems unsure about. 

He's gotten lucky the last two games, missing relatively easy Finals but surviving.

How many trebek shows do they have left?   Hope they do something cool for the last one.  Make it an hour and have past guest do something special.

How many trebek shows do they have left?   Hope they do something cool for the last one.  Make it an hour and have past guest do something special.
I think it's one more week. But, they're going to hold them until after the holidays and show two weeks of "Alex's favorite games" until then.

Murph said:
Montage was great. Not sure what climax you were looking for. It was a regular old episode, I cant think of a more fitting way for Alex's tenure to come to a close.
He wanted to see Alex drag himself from a sick bed, out to the set, host the show, and after declaring the winner, collapse to the ground as doctors rush out to attend to him for a few minutes before tearfully announcing that he was gone.

Ken Jennings needs to slooooow down.
Was this his first show? Have not watched in months and the wife turned it on tonight and I saw his opening tribute to Alex. I thought he was tight but I have to imagine the nerves were through the roof. I imagine he will only get better. 

Was this his first show? Have not watched in months and the wife turned it on tonight and I saw his opening tribute to Alex. I thought he was tight but I have to imagine the nerves were through the roof. I imagine he will only get better. 
yes. first show.

looked like he slowed down a little after first commercial break like somebody said something. Still needs to slow down more

He wanted to see Alex drag himself from a sick bed, out to the set, host the show, and after declaring the winner, collapse to the ground as doctors rush out to attend to him for a few minutes before tearfully announcing that he was gone.
That would have been something.

I know that when he taped it, he didn't realize it was the last one he'd do...  nor do I think he'd have wanted to declare on camera that this was the "end".   Wouldn't have been good for the studio audience.

But what killed me was when he said:  "see you next week"...   wahhhhhh

I think we're being punked.  I see that Aaron Rogers is going to be a host.  They had a couple of years to plan for this, and that is the best they can do?

I don't even like AR but still have to defend him. He won a celebrity version + 50k for his charity. Just because those are easier questions doesn't mean he didn't beat out a group of somewhat dumber celebrities.

I don't even like AR but still have to defend him. He won a celebrity version + 50k for his charity. Just because those are easier questions doesn't mean he didn't beat out a group of somewhat dumber celebrities.
I don't question his intelligence. I'm just not sure his personality will work as a game show host. (But I don't think Jennings' personality really works either.) 

WTF.  "Some guy held the record for the mile and this slightly shorter metric race."

And their three guesses were 10,000m, 10m, and 500m??  How do you come up with any of those 3 choices.  6 miles, 30 feet and 1/4 mile.

Users who are viewing this thread