What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (2 Viewers)

The male challenger on Friday's episode had one of the worst performances I can remember for someone who made it to the FJ round. He had serious reading comprehension problems. And to top it all off he made a dumb wager in FJ. 
And 2nd place didn't bet enough to win if 1st place missed the Final. Friday really was the "Moron Bowl".

Is anyone else tired of the current champ's fake smiles and annoying giggles?

Bill Whitaker as host is a jarring difference from Anderson Cooper.  I felt like the game just dragged with him.  He was slow with his affirmations after the contestants responded, and the contestants (especially the dude on the right) started off slow in choosing the next clue, it just made for a slow boring game all around IMO

Also infuriating is when the last clue in DJ is revealed and its value is the difference between a contestant being able to catch the leader in FJ and the leader having a runaway, and the contestant who could prevent the runaway doesn't ring in. Even a wild guess has a better shot at preventing the runaway than no guess at all. 
This happened again on Friday. 😣

(ETA: No one rang in so it wasn't a case of being beaten on the buzzer.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Buzzy was very good.  Already like him more than Ken Jennings and he's miles better than the rest, including A.Rodgers.

I like Ken but his voice puts me off a little.  Otherwise, I'd like the job to be his.  

So far I'd rank them:

Buzzy

The producer fellow

Anderson Cooper

Thought Buzzy had good energy, good pace, and interacted with the players really well. If he got rid of those glasses he'd be just about perfect.

I don't mind the glasses.  In fact, it could be his signature... maybe like Alex's mustache.  Sally Jessy Raphael had her red rimmed glasses, IIRC.  

Wouldn't mind seeing him as permanent host.  This champions tournament has been fun to watch so far.  

These championship tourney contestants are better than the previous few weeks (well they are champs, duh).  And faster on the click.  Monday's double J round was over well before the regular last commercial break. Buzzy can really keep it going.  Seems Whitaker didn't always get through the last round before the bell.  He might not be able to keep up with these contestants.

I was laughing about last night's Final as I probably only know the translation of about 6 or 7 German words but knew both ones used in the Final and unexpectedly got it right. What are the odds of that?  :lol:

brun said:
Thought Buzzy had good energy, good pace, and interacted with the players really well. If he got rid of those glasses he'd be just about perfect.
Buzzy has more than one pair of glasses!  We good, now?

Buzzy has more than one pair of glasses!  We good, now?
I like Buzzy.

ToC has had a few twists. Last nights SF winner (Veronica) had a nice little comeback with a true DD early in the DJ round to take the lead. HUGE FJ bet to nearly double up ($31K.) Very humble and endearing player.

She won’t be a favorite in the two-day Final but she took out a guy (Ryan B) a lot of people thought would be the favorite.

I like Buzzy.

ToC has had a few twists. Last nights SF winner (Veronica) had a nice little comeback with a true DD early in the DJ round to take the lead. HUGE FJ bet to nearly double up ($31K.) Very humble and endearing player.

She won’t be a favorite in the two-day Final but she took out a guy (Ryan B) a lot of people thought would be the favorite.
Awesome seeing Ryan lose last night.  He got kind of sulky after missing the DJ, and gave half-hearted applause after FJ. Glad to see him go down.

Awesome seeing Ryan lose last night.  He got kind of sulky after missing the DJ, and gave half-hearted applause after FJ. Glad to see him go down.
Was that polio vaccine co-creators? That was rough, everyone knows Salk but not the other guy.

The guy who finished a distant third is actually a great player but started out in a huge hole. He made a little run at the end. Every single player in the TOC is incredible, always fun to watch.

I noticed and was irritated by the half-hearted applause, too.  I don't watch a lot of Jeopardy so hadn't seen him before, but he was highly unlikable.

I'm pretty sure he's on the autism spectrum.  I don't think he was intending to be mean to the other players.  I think it's more a symptom of frustration with himself.
He was also pounding his chest and talking about "going for the kill" when he won last week, so it came out in more than frustration. I don't think there was anything intentionally mean going on -- I just found him tough to root for.

Amazingly bad bet by Jennifer, the leader last night (betting all but $1). The correct bet was $11,801.

Even if she is great at that category, that's a Do or Die bet when there is no need to do so.

3rd bet poorly, too.

I'm pretty sure he's on the autism spectrum.  I don't think he was intending to be mean to the other players.  I think it's more a symptom of frustration with himself.
When he got that DD wrong, you could see his life slowly leave him.   After his first round game, he came across as very cocky/arrogant (the "going for the kill" statement, and fist pumping after correct answers...), so it was nice to see him knocked down a peg.

Compare his face and "clapping" to the second and third place finishers last night.  They seemed genuinely happy for the winner.

He was also pounding his chest and talking about "going for the kill" when he won last week, so it came out in more than frustration. I don't think there was anything intentionally mean going on -- I just found him tough to root for.
My son and were thinking that he, Ryan, seemed really wired last week but more subdued this week. Different enough that we figure he sometimes might need some help to level out.

When that happened yesterday in Houston, they re-ran the episode later at about 1AM.  You might check the programming guide.
Thanks. Nothing so far. I was checking the Twitter feed of the station and the weatherman to see if they announced anything about re-airing, but all that the weatherman has tweeted is defending himself from some probably overly mean tweets that I guess he’s getting.

Was final answer Poland? They just put picture of the final in box in the corner of the screen with no audio.

Ugh.. Stupid local weatherman talked over the last 15 minutes of the TOC to talk about a storm warning that other networks did not break into their programming for.
When that would happen with all the BLM/Jan 6th/Derek Chauvan stuff, my local channel would repeat the show at like 2am.  Turns out they had a time slot for old Jeopardy repeats and they would just slide the missed episode in.  Of course it took like 10 missed episodes for me to figure this out.

Users who are viewing this thread