What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (1 Viewer)

Don’t get the risk aversion for Jennifer. When she got DD2 in DJ she bet $2,200 out of $10,400.

You’re down $24K from Day 1, why not risk it all? To “protect 2nd place” which has a delta of $50K? When you could be going for it gaining $150K?

(prizes are 3rd-$50K 2nd-$100K 1st-$250K

A few seconds later Sam found DD3 and went for the true daily double wagering $7800 and taking the lead from Jenifer with $13800.

Would coulda shoulda. If she wins a true DD there and bets it all on FJ (only player who was correct) she’s the champ. She wanted to play it safe and received what she sought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, IDC if she “only finished third” (fantastic achievement!), Veronica Vichit-Vadakan is the coolest Jeopardy champ name of all time. V3 seems totally, genuinely humble. I’m not a celebrity crush kind of guy but she’s dreamy in my book.

🥰

Also, IDC if she “only finished third” (fantastic achievement!), Veronica Vichit-Vadakan is the coolest Jeopardy champ name of all time. V3 seems totally, genuinely humble. I’m not a celebrity crush kind of guy but she’s dreamy in my book.

🥰
She's a classic Portlandian...

BobbyLayne said:
Don’t get the risk aversion for Jennifer. When she got DD2 in DJ she bet $2,200 out of $10,400.

You’re down $24K from Day 1, why not risk it all? To “protect 2nd place” which has a delta of $50K? When you could be going for it gaining $150K?

(prizes are 3rd-$50K 2nd-$100K 1st-$250K

A few seconds later Sam found DD3 and went for the true daily double wagering $7800 and taking the lead from Jenifer with $13800.

Would coulda shoulda. If she wins a true DD there and bets it all on FJ (only player who was correct) she’s the champ. She wanted to play it safe and received what she sought.
this was an odd sequence.  she was down 24k from day one, gets a DD and really doesn’t even try.  if she doesn’t know the category, that’s one thing, but she got the answer and wagered 2200.  them, sam endangers himself by betting it all during the 2nd and last DD of the tournament.   i have no idea why he made that bet.  he misses and he actually puts the tournament at risk.  also, has bizzy stopped moving his hands?

Murph said:
Hmm, you are right about "countries." Still think it's a bad clue though. Especially for a final.
I think technically East Germany was absorbed into the Federal Republic of Germany (which was known as West Germany) and that is still the official name of Germany.  Denmark bordered the FRG and still does. East Germany (The German Democratic Republic), which bordered Poland doesn't exist anymore. The FRG does.

I have a hard time accepting women in certain male-dominated professions, such as play-by-play announcer and disc jockey, probably just because I am so used to them always being men. I suppose, game show host falls into that same category for me. That said, I think Amy Farrah Fowler is doing a fantastic job, and I would be happy to see her every weeknight. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time accepting women in certain male-dominated professions, such as play-by-play announcer and disc jockey, probably just because I am so used to them always being men. I suppose, game show host falls into that same category for me. That said, I think Amy Farrah Fowler is doing a fantastic job, and I would be happy to see her every weeknight. 
Now let’s see Sheldon as host next!

Am I tripping? LeVar's shows haven't aired yet, correct? 
I am guessing they meant Bill Whitaker.

Yesterday my kids watched Monday's episode since "Amy from Big Bang" was hosting.  Since I had already watched it I was able to pause it on the questions I knew they could figure out.  They all laughed at the 'Madeline and the Bad Hat" question since we read those books, and I had the first two memorized from reading it almost every night to them.

Agree.  Buzzy is the best and his connection to the game make him the ideal fit.  The producer guy was obviously better but i suspect he’s fine just producing and coaching the new host.  
Producer guy could also be an emergency sub host in case the #1 is out for some reason.

Hmm, you are right about "countries." Still think it's a bad clue though. Especially for a final.
That was a tough final. I racked my brain and kept ruling out potential answers but never did come up with Poland.

I guessed Romania.

Agree.  Buzzy is the best and his connection to the game make him the ideal fit.  The producer guy was obviously better but i suspect he’s fine just producing and coaching the new host.  
I've liked him best so far.  Jennings was ok as well but Buzzy had an energy to him that I really enjoyed while still maintaining the proper decorum for Jeopardy. 

The only two I have found acceptable so far are Ken Jennings and Mayim.  I would give the job to Blossom if she would take it.  I like her.

I still think the shark play is for Jeopardy to continue with guest hosting on some sort of basis.

They've never gotten this much publicity since I've been watching.

And I go back to the Art Fleming days.

I don't like her at all.  I find her to be irritating.

Plus she is one of the most fuddy duddy dressers I have ever seen.  It's like she shops at the Salvation Army store in 1984.
This times 100.

She's awful--constantly laughing.
My wife and I diagnosed it tonight: it's the CONSTANT post-answer comments.  Expanding on/furthering/filling in the correct answers of the contestants or providing the correct ungiven answers.  There's JUST a hint of superiority in almost all of them, JUST a hint of arrogance.  Along with the fuddy-duddy outfits, it's a huge turnoff.  

Bring back Buzzy and his Mayimesque glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread