What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (4 Viewers)

I had no idea what they were on about.  And Bohemian Rhapsody is so long, I couldn't go through the lyrics in 30 seconds.  And I'm not sure how this is relevant to anything.

On yesterday's show:  "And now, hosting Jeopardy!, Ken Jennings."

Has Johnny Gilbert been introducing Ken like that?  As opposed to, "the interim host ...".

She sure fizzled out in the double J round after a fast start.  The champ remained calm and took care of business.  Although, her daily double question may have been one the easiest of all time. 

Sorry, Jeopardy!Fan.com hasn’t updated to include Friday, so in two parts:

Amy Schneider, career statistics:
364 correct, 18 incorrect
22/24 on rebound attempts (on 49 rebound opportunities)
47.79% in first on buzzer (325/680)
18/21 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $55,200)
11/12 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $25,367

Amy’s Game 13:

36 right including 2 DDs, 5 wrong

Coryat Score $27,000

$53,400

13 Day Total= $536,400

Matt Amodio vs Amy Schneider: Tale of the Tape (1st 13 games)

They won their 1st game on Wednesday, 13th game on Friday;

|Matt A|

|Amy S|

|**Host/s**|Robin Roberts (Game 1-3), LeVar Burton (Game 4-8), David Faber (Game 9-13)|

|Ken Jennings (Game 1-13)|

|**Total Winnings**|

|$430,200|

|$536,400|

|**Average $ won per game**|

|$33,092|

|$41,262|

|**Average Coryat**|

|$24,908|

|$25,492|

|**Response Accuracy**|

|356/406 = 88%|

|401/424 = 95%|

|**Daily Double Accuracy**|

|24/28 = 86%|

|20/23 = 87%|

|**Final Jeopardy Accuracy**|9/13 = 69%|

|12/13 = 92%|

James Holzhauer's 1st 13 Games

Host: Alex Trebek

Total Winnings: $942,738

Average $ won per game: $72,518

Average Coryat: $29,431

Response Accuracy: 438/455 = 96%

Daily Double Accuracy: 29/32 = 91%

Final Jeopardy Accuracy: 12/13 = 92%

It might just be me but I hate when they interrupt someone's dominate play/streak with a tournament

I hate watching professors who are kind of average Jeopardy! contestants.

Read an interview with Amy. She talked about her extensive game preparation and it might help explain the recent burst of mega multi-game winners. We knew from Matt that there were lengthy covid delays /cancellations, but it wasn’t clear how long the gap was between some contestants knowing they were chosen for the show and their game date. Amy’s wait turned out to be a year, though obviously no one knew when game time would come.

That’s an unusual situation where people knew they’d definitely be on the show, so they knew all the time they put into preparation (ie watching old shows with a buzzer for practice, strategic studying etc) wouldn’t go to waste. And they never knew when the call would come, so they kept preparing to stay in top form during lockdowns etc.

No matter how much you love trivia, your preparation understandably won’t be as intense and time consuming when you’re in the early test/audition stages (where you know that most people who try out for the show don’t get on it).

Anyone notice the Jeopardy error in Classic Movies where they mention Janet Leigh being killed 20 minutes into this 1960 film?

It happened much closer to an hour into it which was even more shocking because it was so rare to have a protagonist killed at that point.  

Anyone notice the Jeopardy error in Classic Movies where they mention Janet Leigh being killed 20 minutes into this 1960 film?

It happened much closer to an hour into it which was even more shocking because it was so rare to have a protagonist killed at that point.  
Maybe the Jeopardy researchers read People Magazine

Janet Leigh’s brutal death just 20 minutes into Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho (1960)is one of the most iconic moments in movie history
https://people.com/movies/janet-leigh-body-double-pyscho/

Horatio Sanz had a good showing today.

Not sure I like the wagering talk between Ken and Amy at this point.  "Well I could guess your daily double bet, but what will you go with..."  In todays after she found the DD on one of the final questions and had picked her wager "Well, yeah that is a tough spot.."

Horatio Sanz had a good showing today.

Not sure I like the wagering talk between Ken and Amy at this point.  "Well I could guess your daily double bet, but what will you go with..."  In todays after she found the DD on one of the final questions and had picked her wager "Well, yeah that is a tough spot.."
Hate the in-game commentary from Ken. Shut up and let the players play.

Mr. Mojo said:
Amy is on such a roll
I thought she had a pretty weak game by her standards today, but her opponents were even weaker — and didn’t help themselves by finding but missing Daily Doubles — so it didn’t matter. 

Maybe keyed off the word "fair" and thought of Scarborough? Then hit "pair" and didn't think of half a quartet? I could see that line 
Maybe. I guess what shocked me is that they didn't know the story about how Lennon and McCartney met, which has been rehashed in popular media for almost 60 years now. 

I was totally shuked that everyone guessed Simon and Garfunkel for today’s FJ. The answer was instantly obvious to me.

Maybe keyed off the word "fair" and thought of Scarborough? Then hit "pair" and didn't think of half a quartet? I could see that line 

Maybe. I guess what shocked me is that they didn't know the story about how Lennon and McCartney met, which has been rehashed in popular media for almost 60 years now. 

I had no idea how they met.  But I know how SImon and Garfunkel met, so I got it right anyhow.

Yes, S & G were still school kids, but I don't think either were fat or drunk.

The question was ambiguously/incorrectly worded. They actually met at a village fete. When you grow up in a country with an established state religion - in their case the Anglican Church of England - it's common for community events to take place on church grounds. It was in a field next to a church, but the fete was not a church fair.

Anyway, if any of them had seen Nowhere Boy then they would have know instantly.

The Big Bang that led to The Beatles

IIRC Paul actually met George first, on a public bus riding to/from grammar school. They asked Harrison to join the Quarrymen about six months after meeting each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread