What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (11 Viewers)

There is no better "opinion" on a player's worth than an efficient NFL betting market.  Thanks for proving you are a clueless troll - I'll stop wasting my time on you now.
Why do you keep talking about betting?  That's completely irrelevant (and you're wrong, anyway-the spread is not set to reflect which team is better or not, it's set to guarantee money for the book).

Bell is a better player than Conner; that's not a debate.  That doesn't mean that Conner isn't good, just that Bell is better.  There has been no discussion/debate in this thread that Bell isn't better than Conner. 

So, you try to introduce a completely irrelevant sub-thread, do it wrong, and call someone else a troll. :crazy:    Good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can illustrate my point using a multi billion dollar industry and some guy illustrates his point based on his personal opinion.  :lmao:  

"shark" pool

I merely responded to a post asserting that they can win with Conner as their main RB by saying they haven't do so yet.  That is a fact.  Do me a favor & show me where I pointed to the correlation as causation?  Thanks.
Every time you post that the Steelers haven't won with Conner you are saying correlation is causation. I could just as easily say that they can't win on Sundays so Sundays are the reason they don't win. 

It was a super close game against Cleveland and Conner played like a Jag this week. Can't help but think a happy Bell could have helped in both those instances. 

I merely responded to a post asserting that they can win with Conner as their main RB by saying they haven't do so yet.  That is a fact.  Do me a favor & show me where I pointed to the correlation as causation?  Thanks.
Use some common sense.

I watched the game yesterday.  No way Conner is the reason why they lost.  If Bell was there, they still lose.....because their DEFENSE SUCKS.  They gave up 42 points.  It's hard to win when you give up 42 points in the NFL.

Against CLE, how about putting the blame on Big Ben's 5 turnovers and Boswell's missed FG in OT.  Sure, Conner had key fumble, but he did have about 190 all purpose yards and 2 TDs.

So sure, they haven't won yet with Conner as their main RB.  It is a fact.   But you're implying if Bell would have played, the outcome would be different.  And that's almost certainly wrong.

It was a super close game against Cleveland and Conner played like a Jag this week. Can't help but think a happy Bell could have helped in both those instances. 
No one is saying that Conner is as talented as Bell.  Not even close.  But to say that Conner was a JAG this week is a little unfair.

It was only a close game against CLE because Ben turned it over FIVE times.  It's hard to win in the NFL when you turn the ball over 5+ times, even against CLE.

Every time you post that the Steelers haven't won with Conner you are saying correlation is causation. I could just as easily say that they can't win on Sundays so Sundays are the reason they don't win. 
You have reading comprehension issues, then.  

If I say “the Steelers CAN’T win with Conner,” I’m saying there is causation.  When I say “the Steelers haven’t won with Conner,” I’m not, I’m merely stating a FACT.

Its not my fault that YOU can’t tell the difference and are inferring something that isn’t there.

Use some common sense.

I watched the game yesterday.  No way Conner is the reason why they lost.  If Bell was there, they still lose.....because their DEFENSE SUCKS.  They gave up 42 points.  It's hard to win when you give up 42 points in the NFL.

Against CLE, how about putting the blame on Big Ben's 5 turnovers and Boswell's missed FG in OT.  Sure, Conner had key fumble, but he did have about 190 all purpose yards and 2 TDs.

So sure, they haven't won yet with Conner as their main RB.  It is a fact.   But you're implying if Bell would have played, the outcome would be different.  And that's almost certainly wrong.
I’ve asked for this several times, and all the posters that have their panties in a wad over my posts vanish: can you please show me where I posted that Conner is the reason they lost?  I’ll gladly go edit/delete that post, because I never believed that.  I’m assuming you won’t reply (because that post doesn’t exist).

Whay I HAVE posted is that Cle (& maybe KC’s D-haven’t seem game pass for week 2 yet) seemed to be focusing on AB (Ben has said as much, too-does that mean he’s saying Conner is why they lost?), and that if Bell was on the field, maybe they’d have to pay more attention to him, freeing AB up more.  

No one is saying that Conner is as talented as Bell.  Not even close.  But to say that Conner was a JAG this week is a little unfair.

It was only a close game against CLE because Ben turned it over FIVE times.  It's hard to win in the NFL when you turn the ball over 5+ times, even against CLE.
While true, the Conner fumble was also a big part of why it was a tie.

If I say “the Steelers CAN’T win with Conner,” I’m saying there is causation.  When I say “the Steelers haven’t won with Conner,” I’m not, I’m merely stating a FACT.

Its not my fault that YOU can’t tell the difference and are inferring something that isn’t there.
Keep it to football and not each other. 

I’ve asked for this several times, and all the posters that have their panties in a wad over my posts vanish: can you please show me where I posted that Conner is the reason they lost?  I’ll gladly go edit/delete that post, because I never believed that.  I’m assuming you won’t reply (because that post doesn’t exist).

Whay I HAVE posted is that Cle (& maybe KC’s D-haven’t seem game pass for week 2 yet) seemed to be focusing on AB (Ben has said as much, too-does that mean he’s saying Conner is why they lost?), and that if Bell was on the field, maybe they’d have to pay more attention to him, freeing AB up more.  
Real quick. Zero patience here. Stop trying to be antagonizing with. If you don't understand what I mean by that, find another board.

Real quick. Zero patience here. Stop trying to be antagonizing with. If you don't understand what I mean by that, find another board.
Can you please show me how I’m being antagonistic?  I’ve explained my position numerous times & have multiple posters telling me I mean something other than what I actually posted.  I’ve asked them to show me where I said what they claim I’ve said so I can change it & they ignore me.  Where is the antagonism on my part?

Someone who has no math or logic skills mocking my reading skills! Gotta love the shark pool! Maybe we should bring back who's hottest. There. I said it. 

Someone who has no math or logic skills mocking my reading skills! Gotta love the shark pool! Maybe we should bring back who's hottest. There. I said it. 
I don’t know what to tell you if you don’t understand the difference between stating a fact (past events) and making a prediction (future events).  I’ve done the former, but not the latter.

Can you please show me how I’m being antagonistic?  I’ve explained my position numerous times & have multiple posters telling me I mean something other than what I actually posted.  I’ve asked them to show me where I said what they claim I’ve said so I can change it & they ignore me.  Where is the antagonism on my part?
Take some time off and think about it. When you post, it gets ugly. Think about how you post where it doesn't get so ugly.

Running the ball well and sustaining drives helps keep your defense (and the other team's offense) off the field. Now I don't know what would have happened - and Conner played very well Week 1 and looked average Week 2 - but it's never a bad thing to have one of your best players on the field.

At this point I'm not blaming the Steelers for not having Bell on the field because it's out of their control. I'm also not saying they win either game with Bell, but we really don't know.

Running the ball well and sustaining drives helps keep your defense (and the other team's offense) off the field. Now I don't know what would have happened - and Conner played very well Week 1 and looked average Week 2 - but it's never a bad thing to have one of your best players on the field.

At this point I'm not blaming the Steelers for not having Bell on the field because it's out of their control. I'm also not saying they win either game with Bell, but we really don't know.
I understand what you are saying but the Steelers defense was so bad I really doubt Bell would have made a difference.  Bell is certainly better than Conner but not by that much.

I understand what you are saying but the Steelers defense was so bad I really doubt Bell would have made a difference.  Bell is certainly better than Conner but not by that much.
He's much much better than Conner, but I do agree it isn't likely Bell being in the line-up would have likely made a difference in the result.

Bell would have made a difference.  Hard to say that he could not have helped the Steelers. 

This whole thing is starting to stink.  

He didn't make a difference when the Jaguars put up 45 pts in last year's home playoff game.  
Who can say whether in the KC game, instead of a missed Boswell FG, LeVeon doesn't break a run?

The Cleveland Browns today aren't nearly the team Jacksonville is today.  I think with LeVeon they don't tie Cleveland.  Maybe the FG Boswell misses is closer, or the Steelers score a td?

LeVeon is a big slot receiver and a excellent running back who understands the theory behind the game.  He is a difference maker. IMO. 

Who can say whether in the KC game, instead of a missed Boswell FG, LeVeon doesn't break a run?

The Cleveland Browns today aren't nearly the team Jacksonville is today.  I think with LeVeon they don't tie Cleveland.  Maybe the FG Boswell misses is closer, or the Steelers score a td?

LeVeon is a big slot receiver and a excellent running back who understands the theory behind the game.  He is a difference maker. IMO. 
I agree but Conner put up LeVeon like numbers against Cleveland.  Of course he did fumble so there was that...

As far as the KC game goes my point was that the offense scored 35 pts which should have been plenty to win at home.  Would LeVeon made a difference, perhaps score another TD?  Maybe but that defense was so bad that KC would have just put up 49 points.   There was no pass rush and multiple receivers were wide open on virtually every play.   

Weren't you on the Vince Young bandwagon some years ago, or am I misremembering.

Just a stray thought

There is no reason to include the bolded UNLESS you are intending causation.

If I’m Pittsburgh I wouldn’t play this guy even if he came back + I would be doing my best to trade him ASAP.

Debating what to do with him.  Anyone had success trading Bell and Conner for another top rb?
I tried to get him for Hyde, and haven't heard back from a probably laissez-faire owner. I'd say considering what Conner has done and with a backup plan in the backfield, you should be able to land somebody top-notch.  Maybe not Gurley or Elliott, but certainly others.  

Seems like with Conner and other football stories he has been largely forgotten about.  Where is Le'veon? Who cares, AB skipped a meeting. 

Seems like with Conner and other football stories he has been largely forgotten about.  Where is Le'veon? Who cares, AB skipped a meeting. 
Yeah the 0-1-1 steelers don't care. The locker room is a mess. Yeah good job steelers you saved 10 million dollars this year but you have close to zero SB equity with an aging franchise QB. Sounds like they are right where they want to be.......window's closing.....

Yeah the 0-1-1 steelers don't care. The locker room is a mess. Yeah good job steelers you saved 10 million dollars this year but you have close to zero SB equity with an aging franchise QB. Sounds like they are right where they want to be.......window's closing.....
The Steelers attempted to negotiate a long term deal with Bell last year and again this year.  Bell's contract demands were reportedly $17 million/yr with a multiple year guarantee.  No way they were going to do that. 

Where the Steelers screwed up was by franchising him at all and tying up $14.5 million in cap space they could have used to shore up the defense which is the real obstacle in this team making the playoffs.

As far as the locker room goes it may or may not be a mess but Bell isn't there so he isn't the cause.  

The Steelers attempted to negotiate a long term deal with Bell last year and again this year.  Bell's contract demands were reportedly $17 million/yr with a multiple year guarantee.  No way they were going to do that. 

Where the Steelers screwed up was by franchising him at all and tying up $14.5 million in cap space they could have used to shore up the defense which is the real obstacle in this team making the playoffs.

As far as the locker room goes it may or may not be a mess but Bell isn't there so he isn't the cause.  
Here we go again with causation...  :brush:

I've offered out Amari Cooper for him in a league where I'm utterly stacked at WR ( Hopkins, Julio, Thielen, Amari, Golladay ) and was sly enough to snatch Conner  round 8 as a dart throw to mitigate going WR heavy early on. Awaiting a response.

Cheap team thought they would scam LeVeon and run him into the ground on the way to a SB and then discard him like yesterday's garbage. The players are pissed, but they should be pissed at the cheap team.

Bell not being there isn't causing any issues in the locker room? You don't think players have strong opinions on both sides of this contract dispute? It's def causing some issues. How big those issues are I don't know.

Good job Steelers. I'll be rooting against you this week too. A 0-2-1 start would be amazing. 

Lol at 17 million a year. You and I both know that number was a negotiation tactic. A starting point. They were close and the Steelers took the cheap road. Hopefully they keep paying for it. 

Bell not being there isn't causing any issues in the locker room? You don't think players have strong opinions on both sides of this contract dispute? It's defdef causing some issues. How big those issues are I don't know.

Good job Steelers. I'll be rooting against you this week too. A 0-2-1 start would be amazing. 
I think the players have opinions on the situation but I don't think they are squabbling over it in the locker room.  The Steelers are 0-1-1 because they turned the ball over 6 times and missed a game winning field goal against Cleveland and the defense completely crapped the bed against Kansas City.   

If they lose this week and go 0-2-1 it won't be because of their strong opinions on Bell's contract it will because they are being outplayed on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread