What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (7 Viewers)

And these knee injury hypotheticals are so dumb. 

Let's point this out... At the age of 31, Adrian Peterson had season ending knee surgery - the next year, at the age of 32, he signed for 2/$7mm. 

His decision was idiotic at best, and absolutely and utterly reckless to his financial well-being at worst. 

If he gets 25 million and blows his knee out this season he made a good decision. He said himself he knew he was losing money on this situation. He felt disrespected and didn't want to play for the Steelers last year. That's his right. The Steelers missed the playoffs by what? One game? With one of the best RB in the league sitting out.

Now they lost one of the best WR ever this year. Looks like another wasted year for Big Ben.

Cheers Steeler fans. You sound bitter. 
This whole mess falls just as much on Tomlin and the Steelers organization as it does AB and Bell.  Rarely see players speaking out on teammates who are holding out, much less multiple players criticizing their teammates. Something is up in Pittsburgh 

This whole mess falls just as much on Tomlin and the Steelers organization as it does AB and Bell.  Rarely see players speaking out on teammates who are holding out, much less multiple players criticizing their teammates. Something is up in Pittsburgh 
Guessing what was up was the tweedle Dee and tweedle dumb show of Bell and Brown.  Mostly that anyway

A buddy of mine listening to Chicago sports radio and apparently the Bears moved $11MM from Khalil Mack contract. They’re speculating it’s for Bell. Seems like a lot of possibilities right now 

I've stayed out of these threads for the most part, and there has been plenty of back and forth on who is to blame, should there be blame, what is blame, what does it mean for the sport, yadayada. But ~two years ago I read about Big Ben's private hidden locker within his regular locker at home games. He convinced ownership to install a false door, secret compartment in the locker room where Ben could go to get away from everyone. I am not here to defend anyone, or to blame anyone, truth is I don't have the first ####### clue about any of these people and what kind of people they are in private. But Ben gets his own safe space in the locker room, and that screams dysfunction to me. Even if it is fair, even if he has earned it. Something is burning there. Or was. Maybe it is on all sides. IDK, don't necessarily care, but the secret locker is one of the craziest things I've ever heard of in sports.  Some would defend it, some would hate it, but I wonder if a divided locker room is inevitable if a hidden and (not) secret locker is installed for the QB. My ten cents. Now will somebody please tell Bell to sign somewhere? The suspense is killing me.

Matt Verderame‏Verified account @MattVerderame

FollowFollow @MattVerderame

More

According to multiple sources, Le'Veon Bell could end up making between $17-20 million annually from the #Jets, should he sign there. It's believed the deal would be at least a four-year deal with as much as $60 million guaranteed.

More

According to multiple sources, Le'Veon Bell could end up making between $17-20 million annually from the #Jets, should he sign there. It's believed the deal would be at least a four-year deal with as much as $60 million guaranteed.
Oh, brother. If this was true he would have signed already.

Last edited by a moderator:

More

:lmao:

How much do you think they paid this guy to post this to his 20k followers? 

More

If true, he gambled and won. Good for him. 

Oh and Steeler fans still don't get it. QB's like Big Ben are rare. Wasting the prime years is a big deal. The Steelers had the best WR/RB duo in the NFL and an elite QB together for 4-5 years and didn't win a SB. Big fail. 

More

This guy (Verderame) also had him going to the Raiders per sources forty minutes ago. So let's pump the brakes here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we can use 2019 as a referendum on who was the bigger problem in the past - Bell/Brown or the Steelers organization (and the players who remain).
I wouldn't sign up for that if I was you. Those are some awfully good players to lose. I agree with you for the most part, though. What on earth were the Steelers going to do with these guys while fielding a good team?  

More

the "bad business decision" guys heads will explode....

More

This would be such a Jets thing to do. Imagine paying close to 20 million a year for a running back who's never shown any talent separation from an old Deangelo Williams or  James Conner?  This would be purely for star power and to makes themselves newsworthy again.

More

Multiple sources: Bell's agent, Bell's Mother, Bell's friends, Bell's burner twitter accounts...

I just think it's laughable when steeler fans defend their team blindly. They have squandered an amazing opportunity mismanaging their players. 
Your logic is so very flawed.  They had Bell/Brown and never won a Super Bowl because the defense wasn't good enough.  How did they mismanage this situation?  Had they paid Bell / Brown more money they would have won more Super Bowls?  I don't follow.

This guy (Verderame) also had him going to the Raiders per sources forty minutes ago. So let's pump the brakes here...
I have no idea if Verderame is credible, but he claims to be an NFL reporter for Fansided, FWIW (perhaps nothing). He details those figures for the Jets offer, but says Bell is closing in on a deal with Oakland. The two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

Like you with the Jets, I'd be shook if the Raiders paid him that much or anything close. We'll find out soon enough.

I wouldn't sign up for that if I was you. Those are some awfully good players to lose. I agree with you for the most part, though. What on earth were the Steelers going to do with these guys while fielding a good team?  
I was speaking more from a locker room / distraction / off the field nonsense POV.

I have no idea if Verderame is credible, but he claims to be an NFL reporter for Fansided, FWIW (perhaps nothing). He details those figures for the Jets offer, but says Bell is closing in on a deal with Oakland. The two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

Like you with the Jets, I'd be shook if the Raiders paid him that much or anything close. We'll find out soon enough.
If Bell had $60MM guaranteed on the table we wouldn't be talking about where he MAY sign anymore.

This is comical. So the Ravens were the team and now they’re after Ingram... right, this stuff smells like ####. Only thing I’ve seen credible is the Jets. Everything else feels like a ploy to get someone to enter or the Jets to bid against themselves. We’ll see how smart they are.

I can't believe how so many of the "bad business decision" guys seem to totally disregard the lack of security there is playing on a one year contract with no future guaranteed money.....and how while yes he missed out on making $15 one year....there is a real chance he will make that plus a bunch more by sitting out a year....

the fact that he could have played last year for $15 mil but then NEVER MADE ANOTHER NFL PENNY should not be lost on anybody....its a big deal.....

Users who are viewing this thread