What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (4 Viewers)

Some strong and declarative takes here. Let me posit mine.

My opinion and my opinion only: The Jets are gonna get avalanched, maybe not in epic fashion, but dominated. They're missing Q. Williams and C.J. Mosley, two of the three defenders to speak of. On offense, they'll miss Darnold and Enunwa, a starting QB and starting WR.

This is a totally different team than even preseason, and they were supposed to take time to come together.

This is not a good team. Nobody is "game-script independent." That's tomfoolery. They lose this 34-14. Bell's only hope is for garbage time dump-offs. Wanna bet on that? Nope. I don't either.
So you would bench Bell if you owned him?

Yes, it may be ugly, but you smoke him if you've got him.

So you would bench Bell if you owned him?

Yes, it may be ugly, but you smoke him if you've got him.
I would definitely not bench Bell If I owned him. That said, listen to the experts and most importantly, yourself, not me. I'm just predicting, with no money on the line, what will happen. My problem was with the Rotoworld blurb and people that don't watch the Jets saying they'll be fine. I really doubt it. Let your conscience and better judgment be your guide in starting/not starting your fantasy players.

Eh. Last week the “experts” had Henry as a sit. No way I sit Bell. They could get beat 35-7 but he could be the one to score the TD and catch 7 passes. The yardage would be gravy. I can’t imagine in week two anyone has a standout option to plug in over him. And if he puts up a dud? I can live with it where I drafted him but couldn’t and got cute if I benched him for say Adrian Peterson. Just my $.02.

It sounds like the MRI was 100% just to be safe cause his shoulder was a bit sore. The MRI revealed nothing which likely means it's just a slightly bruised shoulder and nothing more, they wouldn't be putting him out there when 90% of the team is already hurt if there was any chance they felt he could injure the shoulder further. 

So I'm not terribly concerned he gets hurt, I also think there's a TONNNNN of pressure on the Browns. They were the offseason "champs" came out and didn't just lose to a mediocre Titans team, they got used and abused at home. They've heard about it all week, if they lose this game things are going to get really really ugly in Cleveland and they know it. So there's a ridiculous amount of pressure on the Browns and they're on the road. 

If they god forbid come out and Baker throws an early pick or the Jets get out to an early lead, the Browns could start to devolve quickly on the sidelines and unravel. In that scenario, Bell gets a ridiculous amount of work and could put up a ton of points this week. 

The flip side is that the Browns come out and just look the part, what we all expected and the offense clicks like mad and the Jets are forced to throw a lot. Without Enunwa out and with Sieman at QB... Bell could conceivably catch like 10+ passes in this game as Sieman is constantly under pressure and forced to dump the ball off a ton to Bell. 

Way I see it, whether the Browns collapse or they pounce on the Jets, unless Bell is actually hurt and they're hiding it and he barely plays any snaps (which seems highly unlikely), Bell should be a top play this week. 

A great pass catching back like Bell is pretty game script independent.
Fair enough. I'm just not sold on this game. I could be really wrong and Bell and Crowder and Anderson is their offense. But with a sore shoulder, I'd bet dollars to donuts Montgomery gets some run if this gets out of hand. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Le'Veon Bell rushed 21 times for 110 yards and caught all 10 of his targets for 61 yards in the Jets' 23-3, Week 2 loss to the Browns Monday night.

With Trevor Siemian making the start, the Jets were already doomed before this one even kicked off. And then Siemian suffered a left ankle injury in the second quarter. Luke Falk, a 2015 seventh-round pick, entered to make his NFL debut. All of this led to Bell getting fed the ball relentlessly, something he probably loved. But we can't question his effort in this one. Bell could have easily given up and quit on a night the Jets had zero chance to win. But he ran hard. Unfortunately, Bell lost a fumble inside the 10-yard line in the fourth quarter while trying to fight for the end zone. With Falk likely to start Week 3 in New England, Bell should again flirt with 30 touches.

Sep 16, 2019, 11:19 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell rushed 15 times for 43 yards, additionally hauling in 7-of-9 targets fo r45 yards in the Jets' demoralizing Week 5 loss to the Eagles.

The Jets and Luke Falk were unsurprisingly overwhelmed from the get-go, getting manhandled for 10 sacks, a pick-six, and a strip-sack that resulted in a fumble return for another score. Bell's usage in this Darnold-less stint has been that of a bell-cow back, but it's only resulted in an empty 54/146 rushing (2.7 YPC) and 21/134 receiving as the team's only viable offensive threat since Week 2. The table will inevitably turn once Darnold's back under center, but Bell can't be considered anything more than a usage-based RB1 as the offense continues floundering until that time. It doesn't get any easier with a home matchup against the Cowboys on deck for Week 6.

Bell has been quietly playing great, with zero help. Zero passing threat, and constant deficits. If darnold's return can even make this a below average offense, and I think its possible it could be as good as average, Bell could explode.

Only McCaffrey is seeing this level of work. Not even Cook. Bell's upside is still top-5 RB, and now may be the last chance to buy. I'd happily sell a Mark Ingram type plus another starter for Bell.

The guy is playing his guts out. He just has no help and no space. Things will get better when Sam gets back but i still think Gase and the o line will prevent him from putting up the top 5 numbers he's obviously capable of. I do think he'll be top 10 going forward whenever Sam gets back in there. The back half of the schedule is really soft. 

Le'Veon Bell rushed 15 times for 70 yards and caught just 1-of-4 targets for six yards in the Jets' Week 7 loss to the Patriots.

Bell was easily the Jets' best player in their 33-0 blowout loss. His 4.7 yards per carry average is more than fine, especially against this elite New England defense. But the game script quickly flipped against Bell with the Jets falling in a 17-0 hole after one quarter and Sam Darnold turning the ball over five times. Bell will be a volume-driven RB2 next week at the Jaguars.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:37 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell rushed nine times for 23 yards in the Jets' Week 8 loss to the Jaguars, adding three receptions for 12 additional yards.

With the Jets' offense all the way off the rails, Bell had by far his worst game of the year. His nine rush attempts, 23 yards on the ground and 35 yards from scrimmage were all easily new season lows. Bell somehow only has five catches for 21 yards over his past three games, which frankly is not acceptable considering the pressure Sam Darnold has been under. Coach Adam Gase has to do a better job drawing up looks for his $52 million back. Bell and the entire offense have a get-right Week 9 spot in the Dolphins, though the game does take place on the road.

Oct 27, 2019, 6:05 PM ET

Honestly. Your young QB is struggling mightily and was really just supposed to be in another development year anyway.

You bring in a top RB and give him a brajillion dollars to help take pressure off said young QB. And you give the guy 9 carries because you expect your QB to somehow lead a comeback victory?

Nowhere is the Peter Principle more apparent than in the NFL coaching ranks.

After the Dallas game, I thought the Jets were on the right track with Darnold and Bell. Now I think they are done, wouldn't shock me if they lay an egg in Miami.

I thought he at least had a solid floor with the checkdowns. Even the scrub 3rd stringer was getting him the ball that way. 5 catches the last 3 games is remarkable. 

Yes, trade him immediately!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news. Sounds like he will at least be free from this hell hole by the start of 2020 at a minimum.

If no one wanted to trade for Bell the past couple seasons....  Why would a team want to trade for him now that he's got a big long term contract?

Back after the signing, it was reported that Gase didn't want Bell...  And he should be fired regardless if they trade Bell or not...

From my understanding, talking to sources, #Jets aren’t shopping LeVeon Bell as much as teams are calling them. They heard fire sale, and phoned Douglas to see price.

Is there a price? Yes. It’s high. #Chiefs & #Texans most interested. Chiefs have more to possibly get it done

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) October 29, 2019

From my understanding, talking to sources, #Jets aren’t shopping LeVeon Bell as much as teams are calling them. They heard fire sale, and phoned Douglas to see price.

Is there a price? Yes. It’s high. #Chiefs & #Texans most interested. Chiefs have more to possibly get it done

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) October 29, 2019
Sounds laughable. A high price for a big contract rb? Whole thing sounds like the jets leaked it to drum up interest.

If no one wanted to trade for Bell the past couple seasons....  Why would a team want to trade for him now that he's got a big long term contract?

Back after the signing, it was reported that Gase didn't want Bell...  And he should be fired regardless if they trade Bell or not...
More of no one wanted to pay Pitts price tag than no one wanted to trade for Bell.

The Jets did not draft Bell or waste a pick on Bell, they only have $$$ invested.  Pretty sure they would dump Bell for very little in return just to get rid of him and off the books.   Bizarre signing in the first place.

Bell did not draw much interest as a FA so not sure any team would actually give up picks for him now.

The Jets did not draft Bell or waste a pick on Bell, they only have $$$ invested.  Pretty sure they would dump Bell for very little in return just to get rid of him and off the books.   Bizarre signing in the first place.

Bell did not draw much interest as a FA so not sure any team would actually give up picks for him now.
This.

Le'veon Bell's trade value is negative.  If nobody wanted him at the money he got, they definitely don't want him for the money plus picks/players.

And although I don't know the cap rules well, I'd have to imagine it would trigger a mountain of dead money on the Jets' cap.

This.

Le'veon Bell's trade value is negative.  If nobody wanted him at the money he got, they definitely don't want him for the money plus picks/players.

And although I don't know the cap rules well, I'd have to imagine it would trigger a mountain of dead money on the Jets' cap.
Bell would actually only cost about 1 million the rest of this season, Jets would be on the hook for all the rest. Next year Bell would be due 13, and that would be a tougher pill to swallow, but better if you look at it as 14 for 1.5 seasons.

I've been offered Devonta Freeman for Le'Veon Bell in a redraft league.  Not an easy decision.
I think its a pretty easy decision. I'd greatly prefer Bell. Jets schedule is the easiest in the NFL going forward, and he sees like 90% of the RB work. 

Maybe I have my head in sand here, but I am kinda glad Bell isn't likely getting dealt today. I could see a top-5 RB down the stretch, if Darnold is even somewhere between Buffalo/Dallas and NE/Jags Darnold. Bell could be a serious threat for #1 overall if we get Dallas Darnold. 

Jets remaining schedule: Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers. Jets could realistically win 5 of those. 

Le'Veon Bell admitted he was "angry and frustrated" at his lack of touches in the Jets' Week 8 loss to Jacksonville.

Bell saw his lightest workload of the season last week (11 touches), which obviously didn't sit well with the sixth-year workhorse. Luckily that's all water under the bridge as Bell and coach Adam Gase spoke afterwards and are on the same page. Bell said he expects to be more involved Sunday against Miami. If you believe in the squeaky wheel narrative, this could be the blow-up spot Bell owners have been waiting for all year. He's not going to get a better matchup than this.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019, 3:51 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell says the Steelers were amongst the teams trying to trade for him ahead of Tuesday's deadline.

Appearing on a podcast, Bell also said the Texans, Chiefs and Packers were in the mix. The Packers are hard to take seriously, but the other three teams are not surprising. Bell also insisted there were no hard feelings between him and the Jets over the team taking calls on his availability. Reportedly steamed about his Week 8 usage, Bell is looking like a big-time squeaky wheel candidate for Sunday's gorgeous spot with the Dolphins.

RELATED: 

Pittsburgh Steelers

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019, 5:48 PM ET

After both the Texans and the Chiefs fall to the Pats in the playoffs later this year, they will both make a play for Bell for 2020. Since Mahomes is way better at getting the ball to the RB in space, the Chiefs is the preferred landing spot.

Users who are viewing this thread