What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (3 Viewers)

My word. What was in the water in Pittsburgh those coupler of years that they had a couple of core players go loco?

Based on recent history, Bell will likely instantly be a stud wherever he goes. Everybody seems to have an extra pep in their step once they get away from Gase. My gut says Bell will prefer a contender over money after this experience, especially since the Jets will still be paying him.

Quick thoughts, with my favorite fits bolded:

Buffalo-Not unless Moss is hurt way worse than we know.

Chicago-Like this fit a lot. 4-1 team that could use another playmaker and Montgomery hasn't been great.

Indy-Makes sense in the role they envisioned for Mack. Could use his help as a pass catcher too.

Kansas City-Gives them another weapon, and allows them to bring CEH along slower, basically filling the Damian Williams role coming into the season.

LA Chargers-I think they are fine with Jackson/Kelley until Ekeler is back, but they've been mentioned.

New England-Belichick has always been a fan, ala Newton, and they could use another pass catching weapon. 

Philadelphia-They need anybody who can make plays, and would be wise not to overload Sanders.

Pittsburgh-I don't think he burned his bridge like Brown did. Bell was more money related. High-end Conner insurance at worst.

Seattle-High-end Carson insurance, much better than Hyde, and gives them a more dangerous pass catcher at RB.

Tampa Bay-Jones has been a very good runner this year, but its clear they don't want him to be a 3 down RB. 

I think Chicago, but never underestimate how much Belichick likes to stick it to the Jets.

Miami is a distinct possibility, too.

Can he play WR? 
Yes, actually. Bell has lined up at WR more often than any RB short of CMC in his career. Probably would be better than a lot of what they have there, but admittedly that is a longshot.

I think Chicago, but never underestimate how much Belichick likes to stick it to the Jets.

Miami is a distinct possibility, too.
Miami would surprise me. I think they aren't really contenders yet, and would be averse to a guy like Bell. 

Surely this only helps his value getting out of that dumpster fire right?? 
The problem is not the talent level. The problem is does he really want to play football for the love of the game and not the love of $.

What Dan Lambskin said is very possible. The big paydays are over.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is not the talent level. The problem is does he really want to play football for the love of the game and not the love of $.
He left an optimal football situation for money. He went from "never more relevant" to "never less relevant". It's not a burning question at this point. 

Based on recent history, Bell will likely instantly be a stud wherever he goes. Everybody seems to have an extra pep in their step once they get away from Gase. My gut says Bell will prefer a contender over money after this experience, especially since the Jets will still be paying him.

Quick thoughts, with my favorite fits bolded:

Buffalo-Not unless Moss is hurt way worse than we know.

Chicago-Like this fit a lot. 4-1 team that could use another playmaker and Montgomery hasn't been great.

Indy-Makes sense in the role they envisioned for Mack. Could use his help as a pass catcher too.

Kansas City-Gives them another weapon, and allows them to bring CEH along slower, basically filling the Damian Williams role coming into the season.

LA Chargers-I think they are fine with Jackson/Kelley until Ekeler is back, but they've been mentioned.

New England-Belichick has always been a fan, ala Newton, and they could use another pass catching weapon. 

Philadelphia-They need anybody who can make plays, and would be wise not to overload Sanders.

Pittsburgh-I don't think he burned his bridge like Brown did. Bell was more money related. High-end Conner insurance at worst.

Seattle-High-end Carson insurance, much better than Hyde, and gives them a more dangerous pass catcher at RB.

Tampa Bay-Jones has been a very good runner this year, but its clear they don't want him to be a 3 down RB. 
Chicago is best landing spot for immediate FF scoring. Think he takes over there quickly.

Pittsburgh is a distant 2nd but he would push Conner off the field there in a few games imo.

Makes me wanna go back and hash up some old arguments......nahhhh

I do recall researching his agent at the time.  That can’t be a good look.

Chiefs stick out like a sore thumb to me. Hope I'm wrong because of my CEH shares, but don't have a good feeling about it.

Chiefs wanted Peterson, had interest in Fournette and I think finally get their vet RB.

Chiefs will sign him. They need a better RB than what Clyde is providing right now. And this team is Super Bowl or bust this year.

I agree postseason will play a big role and he may take less to guarantee a shot.....established QB probably big...

I just don't think CHI is a "for real" 4-1.....with their QB's they could fall off a cliff at any moment....I think they miss the playoffs completely.....

MIA ....no

IND....if I'm Bell I'm really worried about the QB situation here too....

Chargers are going to struggle to make the playoffs with a tough start.....so no...

SEA/NE/TB/maybe KC.....

Do you think they legit have a shot at playoffs.....?....or do you not think that will matter
I'm not sure but they have a soft schedule and he's an upgrade over Jordan Howard who was a healthy scratch, Gakins is complete basic and has no speed, none. 

Miami has the Rams and 4-5 games vs the likes of the Jets twice, Cinci, Chargers, Cards, Miami can compete with those teams. 

My predicted landing spots in order:

Chicago
Kansas City
New England
Miami
Buffalo

As fantasy owners, I think we are all hoping for Chicago?

My predicted landing spots in order:

Chicago
Kansas City
New England
Miami
Buffalo

As fantasy owners, I think we are all hoping for Chicago?

I hope none of those as he would be in a time share with all of them.  IMO

maybe Miami?

I'm not sure but they have a soft schedule and he's an upgrade over Jordan Howard who was a healthy scratch, Gakins is complete basic and has no speed, none. 

Miami has the Rams and 4-5 games vs the likes of the Jets twice, Cinci, Chargers, Cards, Miami can compete with those teams. 
Gaskin might not be a burner, but neither is Bell at this point. I just don't see why Miami would do this. I expect him to sign elsewhere. 

Gaskin might not be a burner, but neither is Bell at this point. I just don't see why Miami would do this. I expect him to sign elsewhere. 
Also, Flores has been very upfront that he plays the guys he thinks give them the best chance to win without regard to when they were drafted or how they were acquired. If Bell sucked or gave poor effort at practice, he wouldn’t play much or at all.

He can have Jaylen Samuels spot on the Steelers roster no problem
Totally disagree.  I would be shocked if the Steelers bring this guy back after how he left the team.  On top of that, their locker room seems pretty solid at point so why bring in this malcontent with diminishing skills who's already screwed over the Steelers?  He's not the difference between them and the playoffs/Super Bowl run.  Hard pass for me.

Totally disagree.  I would be shocked if the Steelers bring this guy back after how he left the team.  On top of that, their locker room seems pretty solid at point so why bring in this malcontent with diminishing skills who's already screwed over the Steelers?  He's not the difference between them and the playoffs/Super Bowl run.  Hard pass for me.
:goodposting: Bell's hold out did not go over very well in the Steelers locker room and Bell said some disparaging remarks about Tomlin and Ben.   I really don't see the Steelers having much of an interest and bringing that sideshow back.

Get what you are saying.

I think it could work if the Steelers made it clear before he signed that there would be a zero tolerance for any issues at all. First sign of anything and he is gone. Let him know what his role will be up front. He would cost nothing and there is almost zero downside.

Maybe he would be the difference if (some people would say when) Conner goes down. I like Samuels but he has been non existent. The other two RB have potential but have a long way to go.

I don’t think Bell would even sign with the Steelers, as he would want to go someplace where he can have a significant role.

edit..the only way I could see him signing with the Steelers if he truly just wanted a chance at a ring and didn’t care about playing time, which doesn’t seem like him at all 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't want to go back to the Steelers if I was Bell. If they called I'd tell my agent to give them a significantly higher price. 

Several of the best RB in the league have recently held out or threatened to hold out and have gotten paid. Bell's situation has a lot to do with that. 

Users who are viewing this thread