Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

46 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

They have a back in Darrell Williams who is a bigger back. Again, if he goes to KC it's not because Clyde Edwards-Helaire did something wrong per se.

I've said this already in this thread but Chiefs, wanted to bring Peterson in before the season and had reported interest in Fournette before the season. Just pointing out they've been on the RB market for a bigger back before CEH ever played a down so not really an indication of anything he's done.

Edited by menobrown
  • Like 1
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No skin in this game (not a Steelers fan, barely own Bell/Conner anywhere).... I have no problem whatsoever with what he did.  I'm glad he did it.  He didn't "holdout".  He wasn't under contract.

Oh yeah. Now I remember why I avoided this thread for ONE HUNDRED FIFTY EIGHT pages.

6 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Seems like aside from Miami, anywhere he goes he is going to muddy some waters. 

In KC, he may be nothing more than what Shady was there last year (although I still think Shady could have been more productive and it just came down to choices by the staff). 

In Buffalo...man...sorry Singletary owners. It will likely be just enough to take all the shine off Devin.

I am sure there are some surprise destinations that could pop up and cause some issues also. 

He even muddies the waters in Miami. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Shutout said:

In Buffalo...man...sorry Singletary owners. It will likely be just enough to take all the shine off Devin.

Agreed. His value is already greatly diminished with a healthy Moss. The addition of Bell would totally torpedo any value.

20 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Some of us think Miami could turn into a potential playoff team for the last spot. NYJ x2, CIN, Den, Chargers, Cards and the Rams, that's the next 7 weeks and while I can put the Rams down as a loss, the rest I see a few wins and at the least close games. I could make a case for Miami to go from 2-3 to 8-4, maybe 7-5 with a month left in the season. 

On top of that, they aren't out of it for the division. They'll probably be a game back of Buffalo by Monday night.  The fins played buffalo to within 3 despite no Jones and a hobbled Howard at CB. Miami has gotten more healthy and Buffalo has gotten less healthy since then.

Now does he have any chance to get a ring with Miami? No. Not this year.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I've said this already in this thread but Chiefs, wanted to bring Peterson in before the season and had reported interest in Fournette before the season. Just pointing out they've been on the RB market for a bigger back before CEH ever played a down so not really an indication of anything he's done.

Great call with the earlier post, meno.

• Thanks 1

Bills head coach Sean McDermott confirmed Thursday that the team has "looked into" signing free agent RB Le'Veon Bell. 

Bell seems particularly interested in teams slated to play the Jets in the coming weeks. Buffalo will face off against New York in Week 7. Bell signing with the Bills would throw Devin Singletary's workload -- which has been hefty with rookie RB Zack Moss (toe) out -- into some question. Bell is expected to sign with a new team today at the earliest. 

RELATED: 

Devin Singletary

, Zack Moss

, Buffalo Bills

SOURCE: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter 

Oct 15, 2020, 10:50 AM ET

Just now, Jed said:

Gaskins has been serviceable in real life and fantasy, so yes.

I honestly didn't know that.  I am not a dialed in to the NFL right now as I used to be. I seriously thought Fitzmagic was just slinging that ball on every play.  Thanks :)

If it is truly down to KCC, BUF, and MIA...

Strictly for fantasy purposes I would like to see KCC because the Owner in my primary league has both Bell and Eclaire.

But for watching football purposes, I would like to see him in a Bills uniform.

Edited by Dizzy
14 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Strictly for fantasy purposes I would like to see KCC because the Owner in my primary has both Bell and Eclaire.

I guess CEH would get his just desserts.

Edited by zamboni
  • Like 3

KCC would be an odd choice.  Their line has sucked so far and he has the patient running style.  There is more competition for carries and targets as well.  

If he just wants a ring that makes sense, but he doesn't seem like that type of player.   His motivation seems more linked to enjoying the Miami way of life than to winning football. 

After watching Singletary look completely ordinary on Tuesday night I'd think Bell has a chance to take over immediately for a team with playoff hopes if not more.

Same goes for Miami. He can kick Gaskins to the side, but not sure he wants to join an up and comer who may not have a chance at the playoffs.

KC...meh...that would be a total Kevin Durant move. Lame. Don't be the modern athelete Bell.

• Like 1
Just now, kyoun1e said:

After watching Singletary look completely ordinary on Tuesday night I'd think Bell has a chance to take over immediately for a team with playoff hopes if not more.

Same goes for Miami. He can kick Gaskins to the side, but not sure he wants to join an up and comer who may not have a chance at the playoffs.

KC...meh...that would be a total Kevin Durant move. Lame. Don't be the modern athelete Bell.

Bell benefited from the oline and Ben in Pittsburgh. Look at what Conner did in 2018.

Last year, Bell was the first back in 14 years with 245+ carries without a 20-yard run, per FFI.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

KCC would be an odd choice.  Their line has sucked so far and he has the patient running style.  There is more competition for carries and targets as well.  

If he just wants a ring that makes sense, but he doesn't seem like that type of player.   His motivation seems more linked to enjoying the Miami way of life than to winning football. 

KC makes sense a lot from the point of view that its the polar opposite of the Jets. Great HC, great QB, great at getting RB's into space.

I think Bell's value as a pass catcher out of the backfield might be more valuable than his rushing value. He would give another threat in the passing game, as a RB who runs downfield routes, and not just dumpoffs.

38 minutes ago, travdogg said:

KC makes sense a lot from the point of view that its the polar opposite of the Jets. Great HC, great QB, great at getting RB's into space.

I think Bell's value as a pass catcher out of the backfield might be more valuable than his rushing value. He would give another threat in the passing game, as a RB who runs downfield routes, and not just dumpoffs.

Sure I agree, but is being a role player on a winning team his priority? 

Seems like he's at least bluffing KC on twitter.  Could be indicating he's going there unless Miami pays up. 

3 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

He couldn't beat out 37 year old Frank Gore. But he can do it all. I could see a contender wanting him for depth. 

I know it may seem that way to outsiders but that is due only to the incredible offensive genius employed by the New York Jets.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Bell benefited from the oline and Ben in Pittsburgh. Look at what Conner did in 2018.

Last year, Bell was the first back in 14 years with 245+ carries without a 20-yard run, per FFI.

No argument that Bell benefited from the situation in Pitt, but I think it's crazy to say he he averaged almost 140 yards a game for 4 season simply based on situation. Conner's best year would have been Bell's 5th best year in Pittsburg in that regard. 

1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

Yes, saw this on NFLN last night... Bell is now at 260 0r 270 carries since his last 20+ yard rush. He just moved into the 5th longest streak all-time.

9 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

No argument that Bell benefited from the situation in Pitt, but I think it's crazy to say he he averaged almost 140 yards a game for 4 season simply based on situation. Conner's best year would have been Bell's 5th best year in Pittsburg in that regard. 

Steelers offense and coaching certainly trumps the Jets, but in his time with the Jets, Bell averaged 80 YFS a game. For backs that have played a total of at least 10 games over the past 3 seasons, that ranks 21st. CMC leads the way over that time at 135 YFS. Connor over that time is at 94 YFS.

It's worth noting that even if Bell signs today, he has to go through quarantine and virus testing so he won't be able to go to the facility until next Wednesday at the earliest (was told the process takes 5 days). The incumbent RB would be safe for a week and maybe two.

4 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

I think he'd fit in Tampa Bay. But no interest apparently. 

They already have Jones, just signed Fournette 5 weeks ago, and still have McCoy. How many backs do the Bucs need? Would Bell really be a significant upgrade to what they already have?

4 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

They already have Jones, just signed Fournette 5 weeks ago, and still have McCoy. How many backs do the Bucs need? Would Bell really be a significant upgrade to what they already have?

He's be a massive upgrade over McCoy in the third down role but then so would Fournette and Vaughn. So to your point, no they don't need Bell, in fact I think they'd be significantly better off if they got rid of McCoy who as near as I can tell offers nothing at this stage.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, super sleeper said:

As the owner of Montgomery, Gibson, Haskins, and Bell, his list could have been a lot worse for me!  If it's Miami, is the thinking that he would take over, or split with Gaskins?

I'd think when Bell is healthy at least 40/60 split with Gaskins, Gaskin gets the 60. Breida loses his backup role and Howard is sent to the Shadow Realm.

Just now, menobrown said:

He's be a massive upgrade over McCoy in the third down role but then so would Fournette and Vaughn. So to your point, no they don't need Bell, in fact I think they'd be significantly better off if they got rid of McCoy who as near as I can tell offers nothing at this stage.

At this stage in his career, I doubt Bell would be interested in being a 3rd down back, especially if there are other backs on the roster that he might have to share that role with. As you said, Fournette or Vaughn would be better options in that role than McCoy. Overall, IMO, too many cooks in the kitchen for Bell to consider TB.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, super sleeper said:

If it's Miami, is the thinking that he would take over, or split with Gaskins?

My belief is he would not entertain going to Miami if he thought for a second he'd be splitting work with Gaskins. If he opts for Miama it's to be the man. If he wanted to share he'd just go to KC.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Steelers offense and coaching certainly trumps the Jets, but in his time with the Jets, Bell averaged 80 YFS a game. For backs that have played a total of at least 10 games over the past 3 seasons, that ranks 21st. CMC leads the way over that time at 135 YFS. Connor over that time is at 94 YFS.

Not sure where you're getting those numbers, but from 2014-2017, he averaged 137.5 yfs per game. Even including his rookie year, he's at 129 YFS per game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellLe00.htm#2014-2017-sum:rushing_and_receiving

Edit I'm dumb. You said with Jets

Edited by jtd13
Misread
1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

At this stage in his career, I doubt Bell would be interested in being a 3rd down back, especially if there are other backs on the roster that he might have to share that role with. As you said, Fournette or Vaughn would be better options in that role than McCoy. Overall, IMO, too many cooks in the kitchen for Bell to consider TB.

Yes I agree with the bolded, just was responding to your earlier post about how Tampa would view it, not what Bell wants. I never considered them as a possibility.

I had actually  just responded to a post were I said he would not entertain going to Miami to share with Gaskins. Right or wrong he wants to show he's still got something left in the tank and he's known for not liking to leave the field. At this point in season hard to find a job that allows him to the man so I think he'd settle for sharing with a CEH or Singletary, but he's not going to settle for just being a third down guy. 

We will likely never know this but I don't think his frustration boiling over with the Jets last week had to do with catching one pass as much as it was ceding key carries to Frank Gore. My belief is he'd never come out and say it out of respect to Gore, but he felt it was a slap in the face losing key snaps to a 37 year old RB.

2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Yes I agree with the bolded, just was responding to your earlier post about how Tampa would view it, not what Bell wants. I never considered them as a possibility.

I had actually  just responded to a post were I said he would not entertain going to Miami to share with Gaskins. Right or wrong he wants to show he's still got something left in the tank and he's known for not liking to leave the field. At this point in season hard to find a job that allows him to the man so I think he'd settle for sharing with a CEH or Singletary, but he's not going to settle for just being a third down guy. 

We will likely never know this but I don't think his frustration boiling over with the Jets last week had to do with catching one pass as much as it was ceding key carries to Frank Gore. My belief is he'd never come out and say it out of respect to Gore, but he felt it was a slap in the face losing key snaps to a 37 year old RB.

I think Bell would probably think it is a slap in the face losing key snaps to anyone, it doesn't have to be Gore. I don't think Bell would want to go somewhere where he would either not be considered the main guy or have other backs as equals. He may not get that anywhere for where is is at for 2020. I am not sure if that would become a problem for him and if he would act up over being on the sideline a lot.

24 minutes ago, Milkman said:

He's squeezing every penny he can out. Lolol

Unless he gets more then $5.5M this year or guaranteed money added to future years,  neither of which is happening, I  will say what I have said a few times already the money does not matter and is not pat of his decision making.

• Like 1
  • Love 1