What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (2 Viewers)

After watching Singletary look completely ordinary on Tuesday night I'd think Bell has a chance to take over immediately for a team with playoff hopes if not more.

Same goes for Miami. He can kick Gaskins to the side, but not sure he wants to join an up and comer who may not have a chance at the playoffs.

KC...meh...that would be a total Kevin Durant move. Lame. Don't be the modern athelete Bell.

After watching Singletary look completely ordinary on Tuesday night I'd think Bell has a chance to take over immediately for a team with playoff hopes if not more.

Same goes for Miami. He can kick Gaskins to the side, but not sure he wants to join an up and comer who may not have a chance at the playoffs.

KC...meh...that would be a total Kevin Durant move. Lame. Don't be the modern athelete Bell.
Bell benefited from the oline and Ben in Pittsburgh. Look at what Conner did in 2018.

Last year, Bell was the first back in 14 years with 245+ carries without a 20-yard run, per FFI.

KCC would be an odd choice.  Their line has sucked so far and he has the patient running style.  There is more competition for carries and targets as well.  

If he just wants a ring that makes sense, but he doesn't seem like that type of player.   His motivation seems more linked to enjoying the Miami way of life than to winning football. 
KC makes sense a lot from the point of view that its the polar opposite of the Jets. Great HC, great QB, great at getting RB's into space.

I think Bell's value as a pass catcher out of the backfield might be more valuable than his rushing value. He would give another threat in the passing game, as a RB who runs downfield routes, and not just dumpoffs.

KC makes sense a lot from the point of view that its the polar opposite of the Jets. Great HC, great QB, great at getting RB's into space.

I think Bell's value as a pass catcher out of the backfield might be more valuable than his rushing value. He would give another threat in the passing game, as a RB who runs downfield routes, and not just dumpoffs.
Sure I agree, but is being a role player on a winning team his priority? 

Seems like he's at least bluffing KC on twitter.  Could be indicating he's going there unless Miami pays up. 

Best thing for the NFL is for Bell to tear it up with the new team, to put the final nail in Gase's coffin.

Not that Ryan Tannehill hasn't already exposed his complete ineptitude.

Bell benefited from the oline and Ben in Pittsburgh. Look at what Conner did in 2018.

Last year, Bell was the first back in 14 years with 245+ carries without a 20-yard run, per FFI.
No argument that Bell benefited from the situation in Pitt, but I think it's crazy to say he he averaged almost 140 yards a game for 4 season simply based on situation. Conner's best year would have been Bell's 5th best year in Pittsburg in that regard. 

Bell looking like a Lotto Ticket thats about to pay out pretty good! Pride is going to show the skills being put on full display... Roy Jones Jr Yall must of forgot! 

Yes, saw this on NFLN last night... Bell is now at 260 0r 270 carries since his last 20+ yard rush. He just moved into the 5th longest streak all-time.

No argument that Bell benefited from the situation in Pitt, but I think it's crazy to say he he averaged almost 140 yards a game for 4 season simply based on situation. Conner's best year would have been Bell's 5th best year in Pittsburg in that regard. 
Steelers offense and coaching certainly trumps the Jets, but in his time with the Jets, Bell averaged 80 YFS a game. For backs that have played a total of at least 10 games over the past 3 seasons, that ranks 21st. CMC leads the way over that time at 135 YFS. Connor over that time is at 94 YFS.

It's worth noting that even if Bell signs today, he has to go through quarantine and virus testing so he won't be able to go to the facility until next Wednesday at the earliest (was told the process takes 5 days). The incumbent RB would be safe for a week and maybe two.

I think he'd fit in Tampa Bay. But no interest apparently. 
They already have Jones, just signed Fournette 5 weeks ago, and still have McCoy. How many backs do the Bucs need? Would Bell really be a significant upgrade to what they already have?

As the owner of Montgomery, Gibson, Haskins, and Bell, his list could have been a lot worse for me!  If it's Miami, is the thinking that he would take over, or split with Gaskins?

They already have Jones, just signed Fournette 5 weeks ago, and still have McCoy. How many backs do the Bucs need? Would Bell really be a significant upgrade to what they already have?
He's be a massive upgrade over McCoy in the third down role but then so would Fournette and Vaughn. So to your point, no they don't need Bell, in fact I think they'd be significantly better off if they got rid of McCoy who as near as I can tell offers nothing at this stage.

As the owner of Montgomery, Gibson, Haskins, and Bell, his list could have been a lot worse for me!  If it's Miami, is the thinking that he would take over, or split with Gaskins?
I'd think when Bell is healthy at least 40/60 split with Gaskins, Gaskin gets the 60. Breida loses his backup role and Howard is sent to the Shadow Realm.

He's be a massive upgrade over McCoy in the third down role but then so would Fournette and Vaughn. So to your point, no they don't need Bell, in fact I think they'd be significantly better off if they got rid of McCoy who as near as I can tell offers nothing at this stage.
At this stage in his career, I doubt Bell would be interested in being a 3rd down back, especially if there are other backs on the roster that he might have to share that role with. As you said, Fournette or Vaughn would be better options in that role than McCoy. Overall, IMO, too many cooks in the kitchen for Bell to consider TB.

Steelers offense and coaching certainly trumps the Jets, but in his time with the Jets, Bell averaged 80 YFS a game. For backs that have played a total of at least 10 games over the past 3 seasons, that ranks 21st. CMC leads the way over that time at 135 YFS. Connor over that time is at 94 YFS.
Not sure where you're getting those numbers, but from 2014-2017, he averaged 137.5 yfs per game. Even including his rookie year, he's at 129 YFS per game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellLe00.htm#2014-2017-sum:rushing_and_receiving

Edit I'm dumb. You said with Jets

Last edited by a moderator:
At this stage in his career, I doubt Bell would be interested in being a 3rd down back, especially if there are other backs on the roster that he might have to share that role with. As you said, Fournette or Vaughn would be better options in that role than McCoy. Overall, IMO, too many cooks in the kitchen for Bell to consider TB.
Yes I agree with the bolded, just was responding to your earlier post about how Tampa would view it, not what Bell wants. I never considered them as a possibility.

I had actually  just responded to a post were I said he would not entertain going to Miami to share with Gaskins. Right or wrong he wants to show he's still got something left in the tank and he's known for not liking to leave the field. At this point in season hard to find a job that allows him to the man so I think he'd settle for sharing with a CEH or Singletary, but he's not going to settle for just being a third down guy. 

We will likely never know this but I don't think his frustration boiling over with the Jets last week had to do with catching one pass as much as it was ceding key carries to Frank Gore. My belief is he'd never come out and say it out of respect to Gore, but he felt it was a slap in the face losing key snaps to a 37 year old RB.

Yes I agree with the bolded, just was responding to your earlier post about how Tampa would view it, not what Bell wants. I never considered them as a possibility.

I had actually  just responded to a post were I said he would not entertain going to Miami to share with Gaskins. Right or wrong he wants to show he's still got something left in the tank and he's known for not liking to leave the field. At this point in season hard to find a job that allows him to the man so I think he'd settle for sharing with a CEH or Singletary, but he's not going to settle for just being a third down guy. 

We will likely never know this but I don't think his frustration boiling over with the Jets last week had to do with catching one pass as much as it was ceding key carries to Frank Gore. My belief is he'd never come out and say it out of respect to Gore, but he felt it was a slap in the face losing key snaps to a 37 year old RB.
I think Bell would probably think it is a slap in the face losing key snaps to anyone, it doesn't have to be Gore. I don't think Bell would want to go somewhere where he would either not be considered the main guy or have other backs as equals. He may not get that anywhere for where is is at for 2020. I am not sure if that would become a problem for him and if he would act up over being on the sideline a lot.

so where would that be?
KC seems the most logical if this is his goal. They're a wide open offense that seems to turn RBs into stars because the box is never stacked. Also one of the more visible franchises in the NFL with lots of prime time games. 

And if he managed to finagle a starting gig there, supplanting CEH, he could put up some numbers even as a 1-2 down back.

KC seems the most logical if this is his goal. They're a wide open offense that seems to turn RBs into stars because the box is never stacked. Also one of the more visible franchises in the NFL with lots of prime time games. 

And if he managed to finagle a starting gig there, supplanting CEH, he could put up some numbers even as a 1-2 down back.
Interesting thoughts.  KC is in last place in the poll in terms of which would give him the best stats.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/789456-leveon-landing-spot-poll/

Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) Tweeted:
The Athletic has learned that it appears Le'Veon Bell has narrowed his options down to two landing spots: Kansas City and Miami.

Story from @ByNateTaylor and me: https://t.co/maiungjngF

btw, if Bell goes to MIA, I am petitioning the league to eliminate Gaskin's nickname "sandman". 

He shoulda gone by "Gas Can" anyway. Serves him right. 

Users who are viewing this thread