What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (5 Viewers)

the one in my dynasty league has been somewhat smug about getting him 1.03, so this could be a humbling experience for him. 
Most people took him at 1.1 before Damian opted out and I'm sure a lot of people still would if they signed Bell, myself included.

It's the people who spent heavy redraft capital that are going to hurt if they sign Bell, again myself included.

Most people took him at 1.1 before Damian opted out and I'm sure a lot of people still would if they signed Bell, myself included.

It's the people who spent heavy redraft capital that are going to hurt if they sign Bell, again myself included.
Oh, for sure. CEH is still going to eventually be a worthy pick - just probably kills his value this year. And ya never know - maybe Bell signs with KC, plays lights out and gets re-signed. It's definitely dangerous for Gaskin or CEH owners right now. 

Also worth mentioning we're superflex, so Burrow went 1.01 to a team in need of QB help. 1.02 was Taylor, who could eventually become a better pick than CEH. 

Oh, for sure. CEH is still going to eventually be a worthy pick - just probably kills his value this year. And ya never know - maybe Bell signs with KC, plays lights out and gets re-signed. It's definitely dangerous for Gaskin or CEH owners right now. 

Also worth mentioning we're superflex, so Burrow went 1.01 to a team in need of QB help. 1.02 was Taylor, who could eventually become a better pick than CEH. 
Eventually? It's 5 weeks in and CEH is already in danger of being replaced. 

Both have been disappointing but I think I would rank Taylor a good bit over CEH based on what I've seen so far. 
I own both and Taylor looks a bit stiff and CEH looks good between the 20s, but void of power.

They are rookies with very little camp, but im not sure camp improves either.  Maybe decisiveness for CEH would would help leverage his power deficiency. 

Id be more concerned if this was year 2.  Still very much wait n see. 

Unless he gets more then $5.5M this year or guaranteed money added to future years,  neither of which is happening, I  will say what I have said a few times already the money does not matter and is not pat of his decision making.
I'm reading all kind of conflicting reports on what I posted above and have said a few other times in this thread.

Several trust worthy sources have said he has offset language in his contract and no one is actually disputing that. Dan Graziano who is pretty spot on has for sure said what I did above, that only way money matters is if someone paid him more then he was due from the Jets or guaranteed him money in future years.

However, some people on NFL Network are reporting that while he does have offset language somehow this does not apply when he is terminated and his pay is not deducted from what Jets are paying him. I don't know how offset language would come into play if he's not terminated but at this point I am no longer confident stating money does not matter. I don't know one way or the other.

I own both and Taylor looks a bit stiff and CEH looks good between the 20s, but void of power.

They are rookies with very little camp, but im not sure camp improves either.  Maybe decisiveness for CEH would would help leverage his power deficiency. 

Id be more concerned if this was year 2.  Still very much wait n see. 
Yeah, my thought was they are performing similarly but one is doing it in a near best case offensive scenario and the other in a near worst case. Anyway, to tie it back into the thread: I think Bell could quickly squeeze out a lot of CEH's touches. 

Chiefs please. I have both Bell and Gaskin. Would make it hard to know which one to start from week to week if he ends up in Miami. 

I'm reading all kind of conflicting reports on what I posted above and have said a few other times in this thread.

Several trust worthy sources have said he has offset language in his contract and no one is actually disputing that. Dan Graziano who is pretty spot on has for sure said what I did above, that only way money matters is if someone paid him more then he was due from the Jets or guaranteed him money in future years.

However, some people on NFL Network are reporting that while he does have offset language somehow this does not apply when he is terminated and his pay is not deducted from what Jets are paying him. I don't know how offset language would come into play if he's not terminated but at this point I am no longer confident stating money does not matter. I don't know one way or the other.
This is what Florio has been reporting all along.  He is usually pretty dialed into the contract stuff. 

Edit to add: it also makes the most sense,  I think.  Bell doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that will play for free.  I would be more likely to think he would just take the time off. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Calgary Stampeders making a last minute run at at it.

not really
Maybe the Edmonton "Football Team" can get in on the action...

Is anyone trying to trade for Bell in anticipation that he ends up in one of these better spots (Miami or KC)?   His value would obviously be much greater, assuming he hasn't lost more than one (or two) steps while in NYC...   He has never looked particularly good (or interested?) since he's been there.   I admit I am intrigued with what he would do elsewhere but fear he is a shadow of his former Pitt self.    Thoughts on what he is worth giving up for?

Unless he gets more then $5.5M this year or guaranteed money added to future years,  neither of which is happening, I  will say what I have said a few times already the money does not matter and is not pat of his decision making.
If the only thing he can get is future guaranteed money won't that be what he negotiates for? 

Might be fake news folks. Still no link and nothing on Scheffters twitter account. Apologies if it turns out to be bunk. 

Users who are viewing this thread