Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Le'Veon Bell rushed five times for 22 yards in the Chiefs' Week 12 win over the Bucs.

Bell caught both of his targets for 10 yards in the passing game. Clyde Edwards-Helaire out-touched Bell 12-7, but neither was a factor with Patrick Mahomes throwing for 462 yards and three scores. Bell hasn't been a fantasy asset at all since signing with the Chiefs. He's been far more of a drain on CEH.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No skin in this game (not a Steelers fan, barely own Bell/Conner anywhere).... I have no problem whatsoever with what he did.  I'm glad he did it.  He didn't "holdout".  He wasn't under contract.

Oh yeah. Now I remember why I avoided this thread for ONE HUNDRED FIFTY EIGHT pages.

Le'Veon Bell rushed 11 times for 40 yards and caught 2-of-3 targets for 15 yards in Week 13 against the Broncos.

Bell was the lead back with Clyde Edwards-Helaire sitting out. He out-touched Darrel Williams (6), who got most of his carries running out the clock in the fourth quarter. Bell didn't put any heat on Edwards-Helaire with his performance, failing to convert two chances at the goal-line in the second quarter. He'll go back to a low-volume No. 2 role when Edwards-Helaire returns next week.

Dec 7, 2020, 12:00 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell rushed twice for 21 yards in the Chiefs' Week 14 win against the Dolphins, adding two catches for 14 yards. 

Bell tweeted after the game that he was "so confused" in what could be in reference to the Federal Reserve refusing to raise interest rates or his usage in KC's offense. Bell was coming off an 11-carry game against the Broncos, but that was without Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who missed the game with a stomach illness. CEH saw 21 touches against the Dolphins. Bell is nothing more than a bench stash for the season's final weeks.

- Rotoworld

• 3 weeks later...

Le'Veon Bell (knee) did not practice Wednesday.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) also remained out of practice. In CEH's first game out last week, Bell was actually out-touched 14-8 by Darrel Williams, suggesting the Chiefs aren't going to be committing to Bell should Edwards-Helaire need to miss playoff games. We could see a lot of Darwin Thompson this week against the Chargers with the Chiefs resting all their key starters.

Dec 30, 2020, 8:57 PM ET

LE'VEON BELL RB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Chiefs RB Le'Veon Bell (knee) will be active but RB Darwin Thompson will see "the bulk of the carries" in Week 17 against the Chargers.

Rapoport didn't mention RB Darrel Williams but given that he did say Thompson would be getting the bulk of the carries, it's safe to assume Williams will be a non-factor for Week 17. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is out with a groin injury and could be sidelined for multiple weeks so the Chiefs will likely take a cautious approach with the use of his backups in a meaningless game. Thompson is a low-end RB3 because of his expected volume but all of that comes with the caveat that his offense will be helmed by Chad Henne this week.

RELATED: 

Darrel Williams

, Darwin Thompson

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 3, 2021, 8:35 AM ET

• 3 weeks later...

So a dynasty drop with no hesitation for Bell this offseason or *maybe* he'd have a shot at some meaningful playing time if he signs with somehwere like Miami?  At this point I'm still holding but I hate roster cloggers and he seems to have transformed into that. Gurley feels like he's in the same boat... my how the mighty fall. 

24 minutes ago, foxco said:

So a dynasty drop with no hesitation for Bell this offseason or *maybe* he'd have a shot at some meaningful playing time if he signs with somehwere like Miami? 

Depends on league roster size but when you look at his time in KC, and 3 games specifically, it's very hard to build a legit case that a change of scenery would do him good. Put another way what situation could he go where it would compare to those 3 games I mentioned when he played on an offense as good as the Chiefs and his stiffest comp for touches was a RB the quality of Darell Williams?

Those 3 games are the two games that CHE missed and the game he was active but did not play.

Bell's PPR fantasy production those games: 7.5, 4.9 and .6

Really as someone who owns Bell I'm just glad I got those few games sample size so I could fully see that he's done. I in fact would not be surprised if does not play again.

• Like 2