What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (3 Viewers)

How about Merrill Hoge throwing him under the bus when he announced the pick..... "Wouldn't have been my pick..." what a tool to ruin this guys moment!
:lol:
Hoge has always been a tool but he nailed this one. Bell isn't powerful, quick, or elusive. They drafted a decent pass blocker
I thought he said it wasn't even his pick because it was a running back and he was a running back. Not because he didn't like Bell.

What's not to like? Size/speed combo is pretty good. He's got all the moves, good stiffarm, spin, hurdle (this does remind me of Blount), and can power through tackles. Steelers interior o-line is among the best in the league, so it is about the best fit possible.

I trust Greg Cosell's read more than most. Here's what he said in his mock draft:

There are three backs in this draft who are foundation/feature backs: Eddie Lacy, Le’veon Bell and possibly Montee Ball.

The Steelers didn't draft Bell to hit homeruns. They drafted Bell to PUNCH IT IN at the Goalline and get those tough yards.

He's the kind of guy that can handle 20+ carries a game with ease.

-

Seriously, compare the guy to someone like Matt Forte (another 2nd Round talent) and you'll see that Bell certainly has the measurable to produce in the NFL. There are going to be a lot of guys regretting not drafting Le'Veon Bell.

Bell: 6 ft 1 and 230 lbs.

Forte: 6 ft 2 and 222 lbs.

40-Yard Dash

Bell: 4.60

Forte: 4.46

3-Cone Drill

Bell: 6.75

Forte: 6.84

20-Yard Shuttle

Bell: 4.24

Forte: 4.23

-

Alfred Morris ran a 4.64 forty and did just fine. I, personally am stoked about Bell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I see his upside as Eddie George. Again, that's upside.

I do believe he'll get picked in the second round of the NFL draft. I also believe both he and Jonathan Franklin take some of the biggest post NFL draft fantasy rookie rankings of the RB position.
I whiffed on Franklin so this is not a pat on the back post I just thought it merited repeating when Haley also used the George comp.

That's Bell's strength. He has the frame, running style and history to be a high volume runner. The negative is he'll likely need to be to justify his ADP because his weakest trait is the inability to break long runs which is again very similar to Eddie George who after his rookie season never had a run longer than 37 yards but steady Eddie was a 3 down high volume back. I believe Bell will prove to be the same thing, a steady but unspectacular producer due to high volume of usage.

I like the comparison to Dorsey Levens. He's obviously not there, yet. I gotta think this was as much Haley's decision as anyone.

He's groiwing on me. I can buy into the heavy volume potential and the lateral movement is really nice. I don't think he has enough wow factor for most people but then again, I don't think I have ever seen a run where two opposite spins were pulled off in the same step.

He's got a NASTY stiff-arm. When he decides to put his shoulder into someone, he can buck as well as Lacy, he just doesn't do it very often.

From Rotoworld:

Haley calls Le'Veon Bell a three-down back
Steelers OC Todd Haley referred to second-round RB Le'Veon Bell as a "three-down back, which is a big thing for us."
Despite weighing in at 230 pounds, Bell is excellent in the passing game. Over his final two seasons at Michigan State, he totaled 67 catches for 434 yards with one touchdown. Already locked in as the starter, Bell has a realistic shot at every-down duties as a rookie. Isaac Redman, LaRod Stephens-Howling and Jonathan Dwyer are simply battling for scraps.

i think that having laord stevens howling arond is a bad omen wherever that guy goes the starter ends up broken down for big stretches so that worries me right there from a ju ju standpoint but otherwise i think this guy will be pretty good i was never looked forward to seeing him when the badgers played him thatis for sure

I'm picking at 5th and 6th in my 2 leagues, and I'm really hoping to grab him. Frankly I think he will slowly creep into the top3 pretty quickly and I'll be without him.

Obviously we won't know until the pads come on, but Bell intrigues me the most among the rookie RBs.

With none of the rookies appearing to be, at least yet, franchise RBs, seems like situation will go a long way towards potential value. And looking at the respective situations, I think Bell's might be best.

Sure you have LSH as a scat back, but Dwyer and Redman had their chance and failed. I think that Tomlin and Haley are looking for that one guy, and Bell will get his shot. Bernard was the first RB off the board, but BJGE, while limited, is more of smashmouth runner and will be part of the equation. Ball is also intriguing, but you still have McGahee (if he isn't cut), Moreno and Hillman to deal with. And Lacy/Franklin cancel each other out unless one gets hurt or really shines above the other.

Again, too early to tell, but the cards seem better aligned for 2013 for Bell right now vis-a-vis the rest.

Grabbed him at 2. I believe he's Eddie George with hands
I hope so. I took him at 3 over Lacy and Ball and I'm thrilled about it. I also got Gio at 1 :)
I reaaaaaallllyyy hope so too. I need RB help bad and had the 1.1 and the 1.4 in a PPR but went with Tavon at 1.1. Gio and Lacy went 2 and 3 leaving me with Bell. I had planned on going Lacy 1.1 all along, but his slide concerned me and even more so the insurance of Franklin they added late. I took Austin knowing that I would likely be able to get either Gio, Lacy, Bell or Ball at 4. I predrafted and had Bell as second. Was giddy to get up and see he was on my roster.

He is really climbing fast. Just a week ago had anyone asked me, I would have thought he would be there for anyone picking 5-7 range. Now it appears he is settling in at 3.

I think it will come down to things like needs and favortism at the 3-5 spot. I could see any of Lacy, Patterson, Hopkins, Bell, or even Ball (since so many people seem to like him) going interchangeably in those spots.

The real winners in this draft are going to be those guys in the 9-13 or so range. With all this jockeying up top, there are Hunter, Woods, Lattimore, Michael, Allen, Franklin, Wheaton, and maybe even Eifert ALL sitting there. That's pretty good I think. I am usually sitting in a last couple of spots range on my teams and it seems every year it has dried up and I am thinking "Do I take a swing at this WR or just start looking at the IDPs? Can I really force myself to take the 6th best back here?"

I guess saying it is a "weak" draft is in the eye of the beholder. I am really happy with the leagues I have multiple high picks in right now and kinda bummed in the ones where i have nothing. I am going to guess that my sentiment is probably shared because I know I have A LOT of people emailing me asking about picks in the leagues I have the multiples.

I guess saying it is a "weak" draft is in the eye of the beholder. I am really happy with the leagues I have multiple high picks in right now and kinda bummed in the ones where i have nothing. I am going to guess that my sentiment is probably shared because I know I have A LOT of people emailing me asking about picks in the leagues I have the multiples.
I feel the same way. I had four picks in the first 14. There was a TON of value there. In the last couple rounds ther pickens were beyond slim, but there was a ton of value earily...

I feel the same way. I had four picks in the first 14. There was a TON of value there. In the last couple rounds ther pickens were beyond slim, but there was a ton of value earily...
Compared to Richardson, Martin, RG3, Luck???

I hope so. I took him at 3 over Lacy and Ball and I'm thrilled about it. I also got Gio at 1 :)
I reaaaaaallllyyy hope so too. I need RB help bad and had the 1.1 and the 1.4 in a PPR but went with Tavon at 1.1. Gio and Lacy went 2 and 3 leaving me with Bell. I had planned on going Lacy 1.1 all along, but his slide concerned me and even more so the insurance of Franklin they added late. I took Austin knowing that I would likely be able to get either Gio, Lacy, Bell or Ball at 4. I predrafted and had Bell as second. Was giddy to get up and see he was on my roster.
You weren't interested in Patterson?

check out the double opposite spin move (play starts at 2:08 mark)... extremely nifty feet for a 230 lb.+ RB...

with lacy's situation and projection somewhat murky and clouded, among the RB class of '13, i like the intersection of pedigree and opportunity best for bell and ball (i haven't scouted bernard as much, but he may share time with law firm for few years?)... neither may be as dynamic as lacy or bernard, but i think their athleticism and well rounded game may be underrated...

You weren't interested in Patterson?
I really like rolling the dice with Austin and HAD to get a RB. So that was 1.4. Patterson went between the 1.4 and my pick at 1.8. That and I'm unsure about his intelligence and his situation...

We've gotten to see those guys for a year. Guys will emerge from this draft who be on par with those guys (well, maybe not at QB). I think Bell and one of the GB RB's will have solid rookie seasons. I also think there are going to be multiple stud WR's from this draft...

Full disclosure, I am a Michigan State grad and a diehard Spartan fan. Obviously, I disagree with Cecil Lammey on Le'Veon Bell. I love Cecil's work, love The Audible with Matt Waldman, Sigmund Bloom and Dr. Bramel. I think FootballGuys does great work. Now, here's why I disagree with Cecil. I heard a comment made about Michigan State's poor offensive line and I fully agree with that. Michigan State's entire offense outside of Bell, and possibly Dion Sims, was awful. It shouldn't have been difficult to stop Michigan State's offense. When opposing defenses could "cheat" and play the run, that made Bell's job even more difficult. Pittsburgh's O-Line may not be the greatest but Roethlisberger is far more competent in the NFL than Andrew Maxwell is in the Big Ten. Antonio Brown is more of a receiving weapon than anything Michigan State had in 2012. I believe that some of the weaknesses pointed out by Cecil can be nullified by the fact that Bell's supporting cast will be better than what he had at MSU. If you remember back to 2011, Edwin Baker left early because he wasn't going to see the field as much because of Le'Veon Bell. This kid is the real deal and he's a great fit in Mike Tomlin's smash-mouth system.

Once again, much love for FBG...no disrespect whatsoever...just disagreeing on this one.

Steelers have traditionally been a great organization. Quality team + pedigree + lack of other threats makes him interesting to saw the least. I own a 1.3 and am really considering him there.

This kid is the real deal and he's a great fit in Mike Tomlin's smash-mouth system.
They aren't running a "smash-mouth" system.
This is exactly what I have been wondering. What kind of system are they? In order to understand Bell's value we need a better understanding of how this offense - and the running game in particular - is going to be defined. There is a temptation to say that Bell is a great fit for the Steelers because he is big and gets good yards after contact. But are the Steelers that kind of running attack anymore? I'm not just asking if Dwyer or Redman are talented enough - I'm asking will the Steelers be employing a downhill Bettis running system anymore? We hear that the Steelers will employ a zone-blocking system, and then Tomlin backed off that talk to say it was going to be a hybrid (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/19/4125088/steelers-will-run-behind-hybrid-blocking-scheme-in-2013). The closer they get to zone-blocking I would assume the worse Dwyer and Redman will look next year. So does the selection of Bell hint at staying downhill? shifting to a zone-blocking scheme? or shifting into a hybrid?

This kid is the real deal and he's a great fit in Mike Tomlin's smash-mouth system.
They aren't running a "smash-mouth" system.
This is exactly what I have been wondering. What kind of system are they? In order to understand Bell's value we need a better understanding of how this offense - and the running game in particular - is going to be defined. There is a temptation to say that Bell is a great fit for the Steelers because he is big and gets good yards after contact. But are the Steelers that kind of running attack anymore? I'm not just asking if Dwyer or Redman are talented enough - I'm asking will the Steelers be employing a downhill Bettis running system anymore? We hear that the Steelers will employ a zone-blocking system, and then Tomlin backed off that talk to say it was going to be a hybrid (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/19/4125088/steelers-will-run-behind-hybrid-blocking-scheme-in-2013). The closer they get to zone-blocking I would assume the worse Dwyer and Redman will look next year. So does the selection of Bell hint at staying downhill? shifting to a zone-blocking scheme? or shifting into a hybrid?
Don't have the link handy but here are some thoughts from a Steeler's beat writer after watching two days of mini-camp

* Go ahead and keep calling Le’Veon Bell a big back. It just makes you look foolish because Bell isn’t anything near being a big back (when I think of big back I am thinking Jerome Bettis, Michael Turner, Isaac Redman, LaGarrett Blount, Brandon Jacobs, Steven Jackson). Bell is listed at 6-1, 244 but said he is more around 230 but you sure can’t tell that by the way he looks. Bell showed some of his nimble nature that he was known for in college during the first day, but please, please don’t call him a big back. To me, Bell looks like Matt Forte.

*Was chatting with Jerricho Cotchery while we were watching practice and he even asked me how big Le'Veon Bell was. Maybe he was even fooled?

*Le’Veon Bell wasn’t able to show his power-running style during a pad-less practice, but the rookie second-round pick out of Michigan State sure showed his skill set. During a scramble, Oklahoma rookie quarterback Landry Jones flung the ball awkwardly in the flat to Bell, who plucked the ball out of the air with one hand. Later on, Bell showed some nimble feet when broke through the line of scrimmage and made a move on safety Andrew Taglianetti that almost broke the ankles of the rookie safety out of Pitt, who is on a three-day tryout with the Steelers. Very impressive so far, but let’s be honest here. He’s not being judged against NFL-caliber competition yet.

I would take anything you see Mark Kaboly say, as far as "prognostication" goes, with a giant grain of salt.

He's a beat writer. He isn't a scout. He's good for news, since he's allowed "on premises", but over the year's he's never struck me as a guy that knows that much football.

I would take anything you see Mark Kaboly say, as far as "prognostication" goes, with a giant grain of salt.

He's a beat writer. He isn't a scout. He's good for news, since he's allowed "on premises", but over the year's he's never struck me as a guy that knows that much football.
Ok so just ignore everything he says and move on if that's how you feel but I'm pretty sure other people find this information useful. Personally I find beat writers to be the best source of info that exists and in this case the only source since I'm not privy to seeing mini-camps.

Ok so just ignore everything he says and move on if that's how you feel but I'm pretty sure other people find this information useful.
Geez, take things out of context much?

I'm a Steelers fan. I read stuff from all of the major beat writers. Kaboly is about 5th in the pecking order of who I'd take seriously.

Want to listen to a Pittsburgh beat writer? Listen to Bouchette. He's been on the Steeler beat for, like, three decades and is practically embedded with the team.

YWIA.

Im Bullish on Bell for one reason.

THe Steelers commit to their draft picks. The didnt spend that high(er) draft pick on Bell not to try and use him

Ok so just ignore everything he says and move on if that's how you feel but I'm pretty sure other people find this information useful.
Geez, take things out of context much?

I'm a Steelers fan. I read stuff from all of the major beat writers. Kaboly is about 5th in the pecking order of who I'd take seriously.

Want to listen to a Pittsburgh beat writer? Listen to Bouchette. He's been on the Steeler beat for, like, three decades and is practically embedded with the team.

YWIA.
What did I take out of context? I'm a Steelers fan as well and I also follow Wexell, Dulac and Bouchette and yes I'd list Kaboly as the least informed of that quartet. But most of Wexells stuff you have to pay for and I did not see Bouchette or Dulac write about mini-camp. Information is information, I take as much of it as I can get. Anyway,no offense, just posted this in response to the comment about Bell being a big back. Kaboly is not the first person I've heard comment that Bell does not look that big in person.

. Kaboly is not the first person I've heard comment that Bell does not look that big in person.
On the other hand Kaboly looks every bit as huge in person that one might expect knowing the FSOS that he isIt's amazing that a beat writer can know so little about the game he covers.

What did I take out of context? I'm a Steelers fan as well and I also follow Wexell, Dulac and Bouchette and yes I'd list Kaboly as the least informed of that quartet. But most of Wexells stuff you have to pay for and I did not see Bouchette or Dulac write about mini-camp. Information is information, I take as much of it as I can get. Anyway,no offense, just posted this in response to the comment about Bell being a big back. Kaboly is not the first person I've heard comment that Bell does not look that big in person.
Fair enough. Just seemed like you were being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. No worries.

I wasn't commenting so much on the "not as big as he looks" stuff as he I was about the "He's Matt Forte" stuff. Comparing Bell to Matt Forte is....odd. Forte's a totally different sort of runner from what I've seen out of both guys, and a way better receiver. That's what I was panning Kaboly about.

Bouchette, Wexell and Lolley have all reported/blogged/tweeted/etc. about rookie camp, FWIW. MK is the only one saying "Bell's Matt Forte" though. ;)

It's amazing that a beat writer can know so little about the game he covers.
Agree.

Fair enough. Just seemed like you were being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. No worries.

I wasn't commenting so much on the "not as big as he looks" stuff as he I was about the "He's Matt Forte" stuff. Comparing Bell to Matt Forte is....odd. Forte's a totally different sort of runner from what I've seen out of both guys, and a way better receiver. That's what I was panning Kaboly about.

Bouchette, Wexell and Lolley have all reported/blogged/tweeted/etc. about rookie camp, FWIW. MK is the only one saying "Bell's Matt Forte" though. ;)

>It's amazing that a beat writer can know so little about the game he covers.
Agree.
Sure and no problem but just to be clear if you read what he wrote he said he looked like Matt Forte, he did not say he played like him. He's simply comping the body style, not the playing style.

We've gotten to see those guys for a year. Guys will emerge from this draft who be on par with those guys (well, maybe not at QB). I think Bell and one of the GB RB's will have solid rookie seasons. I also think there are going to be multiple stud WR's from this draft...
Not taking a shot at you here, but I'm going to roll with the collective opinion of the NFL GMs that this is a weak class. The only reason some of these guys are moving up is opportunity. That might work well for a season but generally these lesser talents do have a ceiling.

Bell 1st got my attention because of his outstanding 3 cone drill time. His other measurables are also outstanding for a player of his size. His productivity as a receiver at the college level is impressive as well. I certainly see him as in the top 3 rookie RB prospects with Gio and Lacy and I may even bump him ahead of Gio on my list to the top RB from this draft class even though Gio is more the type of player I usually have ranked ahead of the rest. I like all 3 of these guys more than Ball although Lacy's injury and competition with Franklin still might have me ranking him lower than Ball but likely not lower than Randle. Same with Franklin who was ranked very high pre nfl draft but is now buried. I am not sure if I can rank Franklin ahead of Randle who may have more short term opportunity to perform. Still sorting through all this.Predraft ranking looked like this-Lacy - downBernard - upMichael - down but long term potential still pretty goodStacy - sameFranklin downBell upEllington downDavis sameLattimore sameBall sameRandle sameGillislee sameTaylor same

So at this moment would look more like-

Bernard/Bell

StacyLacy/FranklinBall

Lattimore - from this point the RB look buried behind established starters for the most part, so longer term investments. So swinging for the fences and Gore is the oldest incumbant so soonest to move on.Randle - Situation has me wondering if I should not have him higher. But the lack of upside from his measurables are what keep me from ranking him ahead of players like Michael and Davis who are much stronger by the numbers.

GillisleeEllington/Taylor

2 guys I added post draft that were mentioned pretty frequently by scouts pre nfl draft but who did not make the pre draft list are-

Kenjon Barner - some sick measurables but criticized for bouncing plays outside too much. Might only be used as a kick returner early on but if he rounds out his game he could be factor after DeAngelo Williams moves on. Which could happen sooner than latter. I would only consider in deep leagues but he does have measurables that are slightly better than Bernard and many of the others from this class. Could develop into something more than a kick return player/COP RB perhaps.

Latavius Murray - Was not a combine invite. Put up some solid numbers at his pro day and the opportunity is there for him if McFading gets injured again so in deep leagues he might be worth a shot.These last 2 guys and actually almost everyone drafted after Ball might be better left undrafted in shallow leagues if you have a strong roster.

Not taking a shot at you here, but I'm going to roll with the collective opinion of the NFL GMs that this is a weak class. The only reason some of these guys are moving up is opportunity. That might work well for a season but generally these lesser talents do have a ceiling.
31 GM's passed on Tom Brady an average of 6 times. The team that selected him, passed many times.

Players will emerge from this draft just like they do from every draft. The difference might be, instead of an Alfred Morris going in the 6th, he might go in the 4th in this draft. Sure it's a weak draft, but to argue that there are no good players doesn't make sense based on the fact that GM's say the class is weak. Draftnics say it was a weak draft, but they had the only 1st round RB as Lacy, had Keenan Allen in the first and Robert Woods in the 4th.

To compare the draft to the guys last year doesn't work either as we've gotten to see those guys play an entire season. Talk to me a year from now when we can say players X, Y and Z compare to Martin, TRich and David Wilson...

31 GM's passed on Tom Brady an average of 6 times. The team that selected him, passed many times.

Players will emerge from this draft just like they do from every draft. The difference might be, instead of an Alfred Morris going in the 6th, he might go in the 4th in this draft. Sure it's a weak draft, but to argue that there are no good players doesn't make sense based on the fact that GM's say the class is weak. Draftnics say it was a weak draft, but they had the only 1st round RB as Lacy, had Keenan Allen in the first and Robert Woods in the 4th.

To compare the draft to the guys last year doesn't work either as we've gotten to see those guys play an entire season. Talk to me a year from now when we can say players X, Y and Z compare to Martin, TRich and David Wilson...
You really think there will be guys from this draft who will be on par with Richardson, Martin, Luck and RGIII a year from now?

Full disclosure, I am a Michigan State grad and a diehard Spartan fan. Obviously, I disagree with Cecil Lammey on Le'Veon Bell. I love Cecil's work, love The Audible with Matt Waldman, Sigmund Bloom and Dr. Bramel. I think FootballGuys does great work. Now, here's why I disagree with Cecil. I heard a comment made about Michigan State's poor offensive line and I fully agree with that. Michigan State's entire offense outside of Bell, and possibly Dion Sims, was awful. It shouldn't have been difficult to stop Michigan State's offense. When opposing defenses could "cheat" and play the run, that made Bell's job even more difficult. Pittsburgh's O-Line may not be the greatest but Roethlisberger is far more competent in the NFL than Andrew Maxwell is in the Big Ten. Antonio Brown is more of a receiving weapon than anything Michigan State had in 2012. I believe that some of the weaknesses pointed out by Cecil can be nullified by the fact that Bell's supporting cast will be better than what he had at MSU. If you remember back to 2011, Edwin Baker left early because he wasn't going to see the field as much because of Le'Veon Bell. This kid is the real deal and he's a great fit in Mike Tomlin's smash-mouth system.

Once again, much love for FBG...no disrespect whatsoever...just disagreeing on this one.
I agree with you. Bell shot to the top spot in my post-NFL draft rookie rankings. I'm a Michigan fan, so I'm definitely not a homer or Spartan slappy by any stretch, but I know Big Ten football well and Bell is someone I see hitting the field as a rookie who is capable of playing all three downs well as well as getting the goal line work. In an NFL today where featured backs are more the exception than the rule, Bell has a good shot of being just that.

You're also right that Bell absolutely carried the Spartan offense on his shoulders. The offensive play calling was brutal, the passing game ineffective and most defenses simply went all in on stopping Bell, and even then, they were only moderately successful.

I don't view Bell as a power back, rather a rock solid 3-down back who will be billed by some pundits in the same vein as BJGE (break out the dreaded "plodder" tag here) or Matt Forte, who I think is a pretty decent comp actually.

More than anything, Bell's fit with the Steelers is off the charts good. Just don't confuse him for Jerome Bettis or T.J. Duckett. He's neither. He's not fast and really doesn't have any skills that "wow" you, but his combined skilled, size, style and everything are just over all really solid. He feels like a natural extension to the personality and styles that mesh well with Tomlin and Haley.

Bob

aka, the only FBG staffer (so far) with Bell #1 in the rookie rankings

humpback said:
TheFanatic said:

You really think there will be guys from this draft who will be on par with Richardson, Martin, Luck and RGIII a year from now?
I said not so much on the QB's. Who knows, though. Joe Montana wasn't a first rounder, but I don't like any of the QB's this year. actually, I like Barkley the best only because he seems pretty pissed about going so low.

Do I see a RB or two having years on par with Doug Martin or Richardson's rookie years? Absolutely.

humpback said:
TheFanatic said:

I said not so much on the QB's. Who knows, though. Joe Montana wasn't a first rounder, but I don't like any of the QB's this year. actually, I like Barkley the best only because he seems pretty pissed about going so low.

Do I see a RB or two having years on par with Doug Martin or Richardson's rookie years? Absolutely.
I'm not really following you- Montana wasn't a 1st round pick, but he hardly played his rookie season.

You expect one or two rookie RBs to have as good a season as those two this year, or at some point in their careers?

Those 4 are all top 5 at their position in dynasty right now, after their rookie seasons. You'd get very good odds if you think one of those RBs will be considered top 5 after this season (Richardson and Martin are top 2 on this site).

humpback said:
TheFanatic said:

I'm not really following you- Montana wasn't a 1st round pick, but he hardly played his rookie season.

You expect one or two rookie RBs to have as good a season as those two this year, or at some point in their careers?

Those 4 are all top 5 at their position in dynasty right now, after their rookie seasons. You'd get very good odds if you think one of those RBs will be considered top 5 after this season (Richardson and Martin are top 2 on this site).
And yet neither Martin or TRich had as good a rookie season as Alfred Morris.

My point about Montana is that he wasn't drafted in the first but had a fantastic career. I suppose someone in this class could do that, but I'm not seeing it. I'm saying the QB's in this class are bad to me, but guys have come from nowhere before. I don't see anyone matching Luck or RGIII in this class, but look at what Russel Wilson did last year out of the 3rd round.

I expect a couple running backs from this class to have very good rookie seasons. Maybe it's Stacy in St. Louis? Maybe the non Combine invitee out in Oakland? Or maybe Lacy comes in 100% and is pissed about being selected third and tears it up. Bell is in a fantastic situation. That guy getting 1200 yards rushing and 200 receiving seems like a no brainer to me right now.

You got the luxury of seeing those players play in the NFL. I have the luxury of taking the entire draft class and saying that someone in the class will do really well. Almost every year, two rookie RB's crack the top 10 in FFB scoring. If I had to choose, I would probably go with Bell as one of them, but no idea on the other. I think Gio is a 3rd down back. I think Moreno will start in Denver. I think Franklin could win the job in Green Bay and if he does is probably the other rookie in the top 10. But that's a lot of ifs so I'm not committing to that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread