What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (5 Viewers)

For some reason, this morning I was thinking I should probably handcuff him by adding Williams. Of course I didn't. Unbelievable. Hoping for a hyperextension.

Man, this guy just can't stay healthy. Bummer, too, since he is absolutely electric every time he touches the ball. As a fan of the sport, it sucks when great players go down. :(
He just cant stay healthy??
I believe that injury predictor site had him, Foster, Ellington and yeldon as most likely to get hurt
I've seen people talk about that site on Twitter. I call bull####.
Massive bullspit.

Anybody else think his ACL might still be intact after watching the video. I know it doesn't look good but I could see a MCL sprain/tear maybe. With ACL still intact.

Man, this guy just can't stay healthy. Bummer, too, since he is absolutely electric every time he touches the ball. As a fan of the sport, it sucks when great players go down. :(
He just cant stay healthy??
I believe that injury predictor site had him, Foster, Ellington and yeldon as most likely to get hurt
You don't have to be Nostradamus to make those "predictions".

Foster and Ellington are always hurt.

Bell and Yeldon touch the football as much or more than any other players in football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else think his ACL might still be intact after watching the video. I know it doesn't look good but I could see a MCL sprain/tear maybe. With ACL still intact.
Who knows? It's nowhere near as gruesome as some knee injuries but you never know. Hoping for a hyperextension but since this seems to be the annual Grim Reaper Week, he's probably done.

Still what's the time table on a MCL injury? I mean it's good news but he could still be out 4 weeks plus.

"Sprain" makes it sound less serious but people need to remember that a ligament sprain is just what they call a partial tear. Can still take a while to recover fully from.

I'll take him back Week 12 or 13 fully healed. I mean it could be a mild sprain. Still a multiweek injury but not terrible right?

Looking at that video...all the players weight coming down on that MCL. Best case IMO is a grade 2 MCL sprain.

Best case.

But he hopefully (for you Bell owners) dodged a major bullet. But I doubt he is back any sooner than week 14, 15 best case. His living depends on hard cuts and sudden stops. That looked nasty. His knee area collapsed. Hard to believe that is not probably a season ender.

Tough to say. MRI will tell everything tomorrow.

Now saying there is no tear to either the ACL or MCL.
That's great. Major bullet dodged for Bell.

So many damn injuries every week. Forte hurt his knee today, Smith Sr torn Achilles end of career, Reggie Bush....ACL and death blow to his career IMO, Arian....probably a career or at best not close to the same again.

Did they confirm this already via MRI?

Well, wasn't it reported he dislocated his knee? Even with no ligament tears he's going to be out for a bit.

Reminds me of Ellington. Early reports from folks watching were that he was done and it looked awful. Turned out to be an MCL sprain and he missed 3 weeks.

I guess knees are more flexible than we give them credit for.

Now saying there is no tear to either the ACL or MCL.
Where did you hear this?
Some talking head, plus some bloggers citing "official sources" but I'm not putting any stock into it until we get the official word. If it was a tear, chances are we'd know by now so that makes me optimistic.
Yeah I think back to the major injuries this year and it seems like with pretty much all of them we knew within the first couple of hours.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
@JasonLaCanfora: Steelers expect to put Le'Veon Bell on season ending IR Mon w/ knee injury, pending MRI confirmation. Isaiah Pead in line for roster spot

No idea where the optimism came from after a hit like that

If you drain the knee, and the drainage is bloody, it's a torn ACL >90% of the time. It's an easy pre Mri test they could do and then just wait for the edema to go down so they can Mri. Every team surgeon knows this "trick". I'm not optimistic he'll be back this year. The mechanism of injury screamed ACL. Sucks

Users who are viewing this thread