What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (9 Viewers)

Are we clear Conner's the backup?
For now, since they have literally nobody else - except Terrell Watson. (They cut Toussaint and Davis)

That could change if they bring in a vet after week 1 to avoid guaranteed money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we clear Conner's the backup?
It's the safest assumption but it's not a given. Toussaint was signed to the PS and Watson has looked decent during preseason action. I think in the event Bell were to go down, Toussaint would get called up.

Although I wasn't too impressed with Conner, in the event Bell were to go down I'd want to own him. This offense is going to be to good for defenses to really pay attention to him. I could see him running against light fronts all day.

Has Bell even practiced yet?
I believe he has:

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Le'Veon Bell is in "great physical condition."

Bell admitted to being a "little winded" during Monday's practice, but he should work back into game shape fairly quickly. Tomlin added the team has not decided how much they will use the back against the Browns, but the answer is almost certainly as much as he can handle. Even after missing the preseason, he is a locked-in RB1 this week.

Any of you Bell owners bothering with handcuffing him with J. Conner?

Part of me wants protection, but if Bell goes down it's not like Conner is going to give you anything remotely close to Bell's production.

Hate wasting a roster spot.

And I see T. Rawls in waivers (who could come in handy if Zeke is soon out).

Early candidate for biggest bust of the year. That's what happens when you hold out.... 
Probably should trade him straight up for Kareem hunt...or not overreact and watch him go crazy next week. I haven't seen any of the game but they have only given him 9 carries. The whole steelers offense was pretty bad today

Probably should trade him straight up for Kareem hunt...or not overreact and watch him go crazy next week. I haven't seen any of the game but they have only given him 9 carries. The whole steelers offense was pretty bad today
I watched most of the game and thought he looked pretty sluggish. 

Why would anyone be selling low?  His season has started out pretty much how i expected it to after missing the offseason.  Better each week both statistically and the eye test.
some people have unrealistic expectations... not looking to make an offer and offend/not even receive a response.

Hmmm cannot imagine being able to swing a deal to move Bell in redraft. Like I guess I would entertain AB + Hill, but since that already made the choice once to draft AB at #2...

Hunt has had a spectacular start, but would I want to bet that ROS he outperforms Bell? No thanks. Now if I was a Hunt owner, that would def be attractive. 

Why would anyone be selling low?  His season has started out pretty much how i expected it to after missing the offseason.  Better each week both statistically and the eye test.
Some owners get impatient, especially those that are relatively new to FF and forget that it's a long season.  A couple of shiny magic beans, especially a high profile QB or someone that burst out of "no where" (Hunt) could land you Bell.  Those of us that have been playing FS for a long time know how to work the phones and use soft skills to get the job done.  Can't make any sales if you don't make any calls.

am I missing the boat here? anyone willing to trade K. Hunt for Bell is just plain :loco:  ..Hunt is the superior RB at this point, and that's not likely to change at all  this season..the Bell owner would have to sweeten the pot and add another quality player, a 2-fer-1 deal..the Hunt owners are in a position of overwhelming strength in this deal..personally I wouldn't touch Bell for all the tea in China, he looks average,the Steelers' offense looks average, and theyre defense was gashed by the Bears last Sunday, which probably means less time of possession and fewer offensive plays for Pitt going forward..they don't do well on the road, and this week they're in Balt , a team coming off a stinging loss to Jax..

then next week, Pitt plays Jax and they're stout front 7 , then they're at the Chiefs..during fantasy playoff weeks 14-17, they play the Ravens, Pats in NE, @ Texans, Browns..NE defense might be bad this year but they have Pitt's number, and in particular, Bell's #..

I'd rather have Dalvin Cook than Bell..

it's as if the Bell owners think "hey I spent a #1 overall pick on Bell so you have to pay up to get him from me" but that's not how it works..he's the lesser RB at this point and I dont see that changing this year.

am I missing the boat here? anyone willing to trade K. Hunt for Bell is just plain :loco:  ..Hunt is the superior RB at this point, and that's not likely to change at all  this season..the Bell owner would have to sweeten the pot and add another quality player, a 2-fer-1 deal..the Hunt owners are in a position of overwhelming strength in this deal..personally I wouldn't touch Bell for all the tea in China, he looks average,the Steelers' offense looks average, and theyre defense was gashed by the Bears last Sunday, which probably means less time of possession and fewer offensive plays for Pitt going forward..they don't do well on the road, and this week they're in Balt , a team coming off a stinging loss to Jax..

then next week, Pitt plays Jax and they're stout front 7 , then they're at the Chiefs..during fantasy playoff weeks 14-17, they play the Ravens, Pats in NE, @ Texans, Browns..NE defense might be bad this year but they have Pitt's number, and in particular, Bell's #..

I'd rather have Dalvin Cook than Bell..

it's as if the Bell owners think "hey I spent a #1 overall pick on Bell so you have to pay up to get him from me" but that's not how it works..he's the lesser RB at this point and I dont see that changing this year.
3 games dude

Shoot I'm trying to trade for bell on Monday after reading some of this above

His schedule is actually pretty awesome except for the championship game at Houston.   

September football in general blows, been this way for a while. 3 games in and people are trading the #2 overall pick?  :loco:

Some owners get impatient, especially those that are relatively new to FF and forget that it's a long season.  A couple of shiny magic beans, especially a high profile QB or someone that burst out of "no where" (Hunt) could land you Bell.  Those of us that have been playing FS for a long time know how to work the phones and use soft skills to get the job done.  Can't make any sales if you don't make any calls.
If anyone drafted Bell this year expecting great numbers right away then they are just bad at this. 

If anyone drafted Bell this year expecting great numbers right away then they are just bad at this. 
I think we've all run into owners that were bad at this.

Think about all the times you've seen guys bellyache about trades where they "would have given more" 

I think we've all run into owners that were bad at this.

Think about all the times you've seen guys bellyache about trades where they "would have given more" 
So what exactly is your point then?  If you are just searching for bad owners, then search for bad owners.  Doesn't have to be limited to Bell. 

some people have unrealistic expectations... not looking to make an offer and offend/not even receive a response.
I'd try offering a 2-for-1. That's always a good strategy in general if you have the depth to spare. If the Bell owner has had a couple of starters go down on top of Bell's slow start, he might be amenable to a low-end #1/high-end #2 RB/WR pairing for him to fill two spots.

Something like Ajayi + Crabtree or Hyde + Baldwin maybe? Fair offers for Bell IMO but I'd gladly part with either set of them.

My dad suggested that defenses have adjusted to Bell's unconventional style. What do you guys think - any chance defenses have caught on to his shtick? 

cloppbeast said:
My dad suggested that defenses have adjusted to Bell's unconventional style. What do you guys think - any chance defenses have caught on to his shtick? 
Bell's, or Haley's? Some better downfield passing by Roethlisberger would help. The idea is if teams wrap up the RB make them pay downfield. TBF that might be on Haley.

Bell's, or Haley's? Some better downfield passing by Roethlisberger would help. The idea is if teams wrap up the RB make them pay downfield. TBF that might be on Haley.
Or Martavis Bryant?

I can't blame Haley for the failings in the passing game. Ben has played poorly, missing open guys, very uncharactaristic for him. But still, most of his down field miss by small measures. And nobody other than Brown has offered any consistency on the outside. They've counted on Martavis as their down field guy, but he has been dropping the ball.

cloppbeast said:
Maybe your dad isn't aware that Bell missed the entire preseason, and that he has looked better each game so far.

Dear Steelers:

I understand you have Tuitt and Watt back this week.  The Ravens o line is a mess and Flacco has a bad back.  Are you going to pull it together this week or will you be outclassed by the Jacksonville Jaguars?  Everyone is watching....

Rumor is he failed a drug test:

Matt Quigley @MattMP1

@AllbrightNFL I heard a rumor Leveon bell failed another drug test. Have you heard anything like that?

8:50 AM - Oct 6, 2017

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL

Replying to @MattMP1

Somebody texted me this morning, I've got a call in

7:06 AM - 6 Oct 2017

just about to post that; thanks for doing so. The poster has a buddy in the business that said he pissed dirty and it was mary jane

If this is true...holy crap what a moron.

Free agent, just turned down $15m per year thinking he is worth more...now he may be worthless.  He seriously may have cost himself $50M to smoke weed.  I have no issue whatsoever with weed.  I have followed the Grateful Dead around this country.  I just have a problem with this level of stupidity.

4 games I believe
He served 4 games last year though for missing a test, thus it being positive... I thought it went 4 games then season? Similar to Gordon...

NFL Policy

EDIT: Depends what Stage he's in. Looks like it could be 6 or 10 games if it was Marijuana...

(picks up Conner)

Users who are viewing this thread