What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (2 Viewers)

For those that are on the Lacy band wagon have they scene Lacy lately? I am not sure if he got lost at camp and was eatting and training with the O-line or if he ate Harris and Green so there would be more first team reps.

I doubt Lacy would look fast on a tape with him at full speed and everyone else in slow motion.
:confused:

Unless youre referring to his one fat pic from yesterday, which was quickly proven wrong/bad angle, I have no idea what youre talking about and Im not all that high on Lacy.

For those that are on the Lacy band wagon have they scene Lacy lately? I am not sure if he got lost at camp and was eatting and training with the O-line or if he ate Harris and Green so there would be more first team reps.

I doubt Lacy would look fast on a tape with him at full speed and everyone else in slow motion.

Unless youre referring to his one fat pic from yesterday, which was quickly proven wrong/bad angle, I have no idea what youre talking about and Im not all that high on Lacy.
So you are saying it was a bad angle and makes him look fat? I thought we were talking about football not modeling? Seriously he even said in the ESPN interview that he has put on weight and he is ok with it and so is the coaching staff.

So you are saying it was a bad angle and makes him look fat? I thought we were talking about football not modeling? Seriously he even said in the ESPN interview that he has put on weight and he is ok with it and so is the coaching staff.
Its not the angle that makes him look fat. Its the fat that makes him look fat.

Im not even going to argue about this as there were plenty of other pics and video taken yesterday where he appears to be in fine shape. Go to a Lacy thread if you want to try to be funny and re-hash twitter jokes.

Gio and Lacy do have a better chance to be studs than L. Bell. I said nothing about round, I said they have more talent.

First of all, Le'Veon Bell isn't a stud. If he was, he would've been a 1st round pick.
Does anybody else see the hypocrisy in these two statements?
Not at all, when taken out of context. Gio/Lacy were taken ahead of Bell in most drafts. Why would that be?

Did I say Gio/Lacy were studs?
You said Le'Veon was not a stud. If he was he would;ve been taken in the 1st. Therefore Gio and Lacy are not studs either based on this logic. But maybe that's just me...

TheFanatic said:
Gio and Lacy do have a better chance to be studs than L. Bell. I said nothing about round, I said they have more talent.

First of all, Le'Veon Bell isn't a stud. If he was, he would've been a 1st round pick.
Does anybody else see the hypocrisy in these two statements?
Not at all, when taken out of context. Gio/Lacy were taken ahead of Bell in most drafts. Why would that be?

Did I say Gio/Lacy were studs?
You said Le'Veon was not a stud. If he was he would;ve been taken in the 1st. Therefore Gio and Lacy are not studs either based on this logic. But maybe that's just me...
I'm on your side in this argument as a Bell supporter but he actually said " ...have a better chance to be studs" which isn't the same things as saying "they WILL be studs" and isn't really hypocritical - especially since Gio was drafted before Bell a least.

Le'Veon Bell to get Steelers' first-team snaps vs. Giants

By Marc Sessler

Around the League Writer

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie running back Le'Veon Bell will see action right away when the New York Giants come to town Saturday.

Bell has been penciled in for first-team carries, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told reporters Thursday, per NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala.

"How he's run the ball speaks for itself," Tomlin said.

Bell has seen his first-team workload pick up during training camp. He took plenty of snaps with the starters in 11-on-11 drills and saw more first-string action than any other Steelers back in pass-protection drills as early as last month. "He's the real deal," Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review wrote Thursday.

Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson wants nothing to do with the committee approach that plagued last year's backfield. "You would love to have a back who can play first down through third down," Wilson told Kaboly this week.

Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman remain in the picture, but we're projecting Bell to lead the Steelers in carries by a fair margin this season, barring disaster.

The Around The League Podcast is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports it's clear the Steelers are "clearing the path" for Le'Veon Bell to be their "workhorse."
Bell has easily been the team's best back in training camp, and he's expected to see most of the first-team reps in Saturday night's preseason opener against the Giants. "I think he has earned that," coach Mike Tomlin said. "I think how he is running the ball speaks for itself." The Steelers want Bell to take control of the backfield and become a three-down back, and they're going to give him every opportunity to do so. As we've stated, Bell is a legitimate RB2 candidate.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Rotworld:

Steelers RBs coach Kirby Wilson hopes to avoid the committee approach this season.
"You would love to have a back who can play first down through third down," Wilson said. "That’s always the best." Wilson is surely speaking for the coaching staff at large, and it's no secret rookie Le'Veon Bell is the overwhelming favorite for bell-cow duties. Bell's talent doesn't jump off the page, while rookie backs tend to struggle, but his voluminous role locks him in as an RB2.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Aug 8 - 9:21 AM

I guess the fact that Redman is at the top of the first depth chart means nothing? (Not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking)

For Pitt homers, does the first depth chart generally reflect seniority/history with the team as opposed to performance based?

I guess the fact that Redman is at the top of the first depth chart means nothing? (Not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking)

For Pitt homers, does the first depth chart generally reflect seniority/history with the team as opposed to performance based?
NFL Network is reporting Bell will get the first team reps this weekend.

That is somewhat misleading, however. When Tomlinson said that Bell would get "some" of the 1st team reps, & he would get work after the starters were taken out, as well.For the poster who asked about the Steelers & depth chart, Tomlinson does seem to want to make young guys "earn" their spot, rather than giving it to them.

That is somewhat misleading, however. When Tomlinson said that Bell would get "some" of the 1st team reps, & he would get work after the starters were taken out, as well.For the poster who asked about the Steelers & depth chart, Tomlinson does seem to want to make young guys "earn" their spot, rather than giving it to them.
Thanks. How is the local buzz on the situation?

Bell is getting nothing but good press, & I expect him to win the job, but Tomlin will make him earn it.

ETA-Ipad auto corrected Tomlin to Tomlinson

I'm in heavy on Le'Veon this year so let's get this train going! No injuries no whammies no whammies no whammies.

Bell is getting nothing but good press, & I expect him to win the job, but Tomlinson will make him earn it.
That is fine that the staff will make him earn it. If he can't clearly beat out the competition in Pittsburgh, he isn't all that good and isn't worth that much in fantasy anyway.

While Bell has gotten praise from the staff, it certainly doesn't hurt that his competition is weak and that Tomlin and company are desperate to get back to running the ball effectively.

Either way, at this juncture, while relative talent among the rookie RBs is hard to evaluate, Bell has a big leg up versus the other rookies in terms of situation.

Bayhawks said:
Bell is getting nothing but good press, & I expect him to win the job, but Tomlinson will make him earn it.
Hard to trust a homer who doesn't even know his coach's name.

In a FBGs league draft, I took Bell at 3:07. I got TRich and Bush/Det at 1:07 and 2:06. Didn't think Bell would last to 4:06. I'm a pretty happy camper at this point.

In a FBGs league draft, I took Bell at 3:07. I got TRich and Bush/Det at 1:07 and 2:06. Didn't think Bell would last to 4:06. I'm a pretty happy camper at this point.
Man, I need my draft to start sooner so I can still grab this guy.

Bayhawks said:
Hard to trust a homer who doesn't even know his coach's name.
Not a homer. Happen to live in Pittsburgh area, and thought I would add to the thread. Feel free to ignore my posts.

zamboni said:
While Bell has gotten praise from the staff, it certainly doesn't hurt that his competition is weak and that Tomlin and company are desperate to get back to running the ball effectively.

Either way, at this juncture, while relative talent among the rookie RBs is hard to evaluate, Bell has a big leg up versus the other rookies in terms of situation.
exactly...

bell only rookie that looks to emerge as a feature RB...

lacy, bernard & ball figure to be in some kind of RBBC... any of these three could command bigger part of RBBC if they look great, but it would take best case scenario to approximate usage of where bell is expected to be almost be default...

As per Rotoworld:

Le'Veon Bell is inactive for Saturday's preseason opener.

Source: Mark Kaboly on Twitter

Bob Magaw said:
zamboni said:

exactly...

bell only rookie that looks to emerge as a feature RB...

lacy, bernard & ball figure to be in some kind of RBBC... any of these three could command bigger part of RBBC if they look great, but it would take best case scenario to approximate usage of where bell is expected to be almost be default...
Haley has a history of RBBC.

Bob Magaw said:
zamboni said:

exactly...bell only rookie that looks to emerge as a feature RB...

Haley has a history of RBBC.
The coaching staff has specifically said that they want nothing to do with a RBBC.

Watched him some in college. Just based on what I saw, I felt like he was just a dam good football player. He was a dependable workhorse at MSU, and at times the best player on the field. He was their offense, as they really had no passing game, except dumpoffs to him or TE. I'll be targeting him in drafts.

As per Rotoworld:

Le'Veon Bell is inactive for Saturday's preseason opener.

Source: Mark Kaboly on Twitter
The one dude I wanted to see.
It's better that he didn't play. ;)
I agree. But I think this will be the problem with him. A big guy, likely to be a big target for defenders, with an offensive line not known for great run blocking...
Same as in college and I believe he led NCAA in yards after contact. I know NFL Ds are bigger and stronger, but Bell isn't a guy that made a living in college running through gaping holes.

I like Le'Veon, but after watching Redman and LRSHowling splitting carries, it sure looked like they could do that all season and have flexibility and success. The mere fact that he's a rookie and this is Ben's team, seems like he's not absolutely needed to 'take over'.

If he's there in my rookie draft, I'd take him. But I don't know about the sky-high expectations. Teams give the ball to 'just one guy' less and less frequently. Hard to buy the argument that 'this time is different.'

I like Le'Veon, but after watching Redman and LRSHowling splitting carries, it sure looked like they could do that all season and have flexibility and success. The mere fact that he's a rookie and this is Ben's team, seems like he's not absolutely needed to 'take over'.

If he's there in my rookie draft, I'd take him. But I don't know about the sky-high expectations. Teams give the ball to 'just one guy' less and less frequently. Hard to buy the argument that 'this time is different.'
Except that the Steelers have specifically said they don't want a RBBC--they want that one guy playing all 3 downs. And Redman has gotten ample chances to prove himself over the years.

Except that the Steelers have specifically said they don't want a RBBC--they want that one guy playing all 3 downs. And Redman has gotten ample chances to prove himself over the years.
Nobody expects him to be this year's Martin ... but he's a solid choice in the 4th as a RB2. Bell isn't going to get 1200 rushing yards because he lacks the big play, but I think he has the talent and opportunity to be a perennial 1,000-yard rusher while catching 30+ balls every year, while getting all the goal-line work.

Nobody expects him to be this year's Martin ... but he's a solid choice in the 4th as a RB2. Bell isn't going to get 1200 rushing yards because he lacks the big play, but I think he has the talent and opportunity to be a perennial 1,000-yard rusher while catching 30+ balls every year, while getting all the goal-line work.
This is pretty much where I am with him. His ability receiving the ball should offset the fact that he's probably not busting out many 40 yard TD runs.

Steelers list Le'Veon Bell, Isaac Redman co-starters

By Marc Sessler

Around the League Writer

The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't known for throwing rookies into the fire, but Le'Veon Bell is a different story.

Bell and Isaac Redman were listed as co-starters at running back on the team's unofficial depth chart Wednesday, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

The designation says much more about Bell. He missed Saturday's preseason loss to the Giants with stiffness in his knee, but is expected to start Monday's tilt against the Washington Redskins. Bell has earned genuine praise in his first training camp, and it's his job to lose, no matter what the depth chart says.

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley was married to a stop-and-start committee approach last season -- and Redman (and Jonathan Dwyer) will see snaps -- but we expect Bell to slide into featured-back duties. The Steelers chose him over Eddie Lacy in the draft and coach Mike Tomlin said of Bell last week, "I think how he is running the ball speaks for itself."

August depth charts don't mean much; Pittsburgh's roll call proves as much. The Steelers believe they've found a difference-maker in their backfield. Barring a collapse, Bell will carry the load in his first NFL season.

The Around The League Podcast is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

The Washington DEF is going to make Bell look very good. This is the first of many value bumps he'll receive going into the season.

Camp Confidential: Pittsburgh Steelers

By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Excerpts:

1. Battle for starting running back job.

The only reason this remains a battle is that Le'Veon Bell hasn't been able to stay healthy this summer. It has become clear that the Steelers want the rookie second-round pick to be the starting running back. The team tabbed him as the co-starter with Isaac Redman on the depth chart a week after Bell was held out of the preseason opener.

The problem is, Bell can't win the job on the sideline. He aggravated a knee injury from last week on Thursday and looks questionable for Monday's preseason game. Durability wasn't a question with Bell at Michigan State. Despite nagging injuries, he led the nation last year with 383 carries.

The Steelers have high expectations that Bell can revitalize their run game, something Redman and Jonathan Dwyer failed to do last season. Bell is the best fit in the Steelers' new outside zone blocking scheme. He has the experience (he ran the stretch play repeatedly in college), patience and footwork to excel in this ground attack, where it's find the hole, make one cut and run.

"We're excited about everything but the fact that he's now had a couple of little nicks," offensive coordinator Todd Haley said.
All you have to do is watch Bell run one-on-one routes against linebackers and safeties to see why the Steelers are excited about him as a three-down back. He's extremely light on his feet, and no defender could keep up with him. The Steelers haven't had a running back catch more than 26 passes in a season since Mewelde Moore in 2008.

FWP had high of 31 in 2006 (1,700+ combined yards)...

if healthy, and as good as advertised, he should easily surpass 32, maybe even get to 40+...

Users who are viewing this thread