Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore

Eminence

2 minutes ago, Insein said:

No one in my league did. I too just ignored it but now I just grabbed him. My league mates are playing it off like he's done but I think the Edwards owner is faking that he doesn't care. 

He was picked up Tuesday in my league ....  immediately following the signing to Practice Squad!   

Just now, Godsbrother said:

I don't think Bell has much left either but Baltimore needs someone to run the ball and the way they are going through them Bell could certainly be starting.

Same. I don't think he has much left but he's worth a spot at the end of the bench to see what they do with him. 

12 minutes ago, Insein said:

There is a rumor of a trade for Mark Ingram. Makes a lot of sense which is probably why it's a rumor but no official word yet that the teams even brought it up. 

This should have legs. Houston doesn't care about winning this year, send him back to Baltimore.

2 minutes ago, ex-ghost said:

Well, Baltimore has very few legs right now, so it can't hurt!

Point being: I don't see why they would trade for a 31 year old RB they let walk to replace a young capable back and a better vet that's 2 years younger. 

5 minutes ago, foxco said:

Wondering if Bell's worth bidding on for my leagues that only do FAs through waivers. 

In my leagues with FCFS they are blowing up with people nabbing Bell, Freeman, Gurley, ADP... Gore can't be too far away from being taken. Hilarious. 

It's gotta be Bell over all those guys. They already chose him. They could have signed anyone else out there but decided Bell fit whatever they were looking for. I also think rumors of him being washed have been greatly exaggerated. Go watch his highlights from last year. Idk what happened in KC but I don't think it had to do with Bell's ability. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ATB said:

It's gotta be Bell over all those guys. They already chose him. They could have signed anyone else out there but decided Bell fit whatever they were looking for. I also think rumors of him being washed have been greatly exaggerated. Go watch his highlights from last year. Idk what happened in KC but I don't think it had to do with Bell's ability. 

Also the news of him being promoted to the 53 man roster came out before Gus was even hurt. Hence all of the frantic adds last night. I think they had plans for him, and now those plans are probably expedited. Freeman now the #3 and a body IMO 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sitting on the end of three of my benches. Ty'Son Williams owner in two of those leagues, as well. 

Expecting nothing....but not discounting the possibility that Bell could potentially pay substantial dividends for FF owners this season. Keep thinking of what Tomlinson did in 2010 with the Jets (Almost  1300 yards with 12 TD's) after he was written off as washed by most in the fantasy community.....and LT was 31 (Bell is 29).

Stranger things have happened.

Edited by Stat Correction

1 hour ago, Stat Correction said:

Sitting on the end of three of my benches. Ty'Son Williams owner in two of those leagues, as well. 

Expecting nothing....but not discounting the possibility that Bell could potentially pay substantial dividends for FF owners this season. Keep thinking of what Tomlinson did in 2010 with the Jets (Almost  1300 yards with 12 TD's) after he was written off as washed by most in the fantasy community.....and LT was 31 (Bell is 29).

Stranger things have happened.

I hear ya but LT > bell.   By ALOT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, need2know said:

I hear ya but LT > bell.   By ALOT

No question....and I am under no delusions that Bell is gonna hit in Baltimore, although he should have fresh legs after ~300 carries in the last 3 years. The main thrust of my point is that occasionally an older RB with some talent can find fantasy success in the right situation. Time will tell.

Le'Veon Bell had four rushes for 11 yards in the Ravens' Week 4 win against the Broncos. 

Bell mostly spelled starter Latavius Murray, who logged 18 rushing attempts on the day. Bell showed some familiar moves from his Pittsburgh days, including a couple shifty jukes and a spin move. He danced a lot and it led to very little against Denver. Bell's role will probably be vanishingly small for as long as Murray is healthy. Bell should only be rostered by Zero RB drafters desperate for potential touches.

Harbaugh said Murray made the most of his opportunities and was pleased with what he saw from Bell, who was making his Ravens debut, in pass protection.

"[He made] a couple really good blocks in there and made a couple nice cuts," Harbaugh said. "He got hit in the backfield one time, spun out. Speaking of player safety, getting grabbed and his head twisted – that was one for player safety. But he made a couple guys miss. I thought he did well."

-Baltimore team website

• 1 month later...

Le'Veon Bell had 11 rushes for 48 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 9 win against the Vikings. 

Bell (sort of) [yes he did] turned back to the clock and shook a few would-be tacklers on some second half carries after seeing almost no involvement in the first half. He banged in a one-yard score after Lamar Jackson ran the ball to the one-inch line. Bell was two carries short of Devonta Freeman's team-leading 13 rushes, and seems to be the favorite for goal line work among Baltimore's breathtakingly washed backfield. Bell could easily see double-digit touches in Week 10 if the Ravens build a big lead against the Dolphins, giving the veteran some appeal in 12-team formats. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

• 2 weeks later...

Ravens released Le'Veon Bell. 

Bell, 29, averaged a miserable 2.7 yards on his 31 rushing attempts as part of Baltimore's committee of washed running backs. With elusiveness and explosiveness long gone, Bell's days as a lead back are done, in case that wasn't clear before this season. Devonta Freeman and Latavius Murray will likely split backfield duties for the remainder of the season while Lamar Jackson operates as the team's RB1. Bell's release could be a sign that Murray is finally over his ankle injury. 

RELATED: 

Devonta Freeman

, Latavius Murray

, Baltimore Ravens

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter 

Nov 16, 2021, 12:53 PM ET

• 1 month later...

Buccaneers signed RB Le'Veon Bell.

With Leonard Fournette out for "a game or two" with a hamstring injury and Giovani Bernard on injured reserve, Tampa Bay was down to only Ronald Jones and Ke'Shawn Vaughn in the running back room. Bell – who averaged just 2.7 yards per carry on 31 attempts earlier this year with the Ravens – figures to slot in as a depth piece with Fournette on the mend. Jones should lead this backfield, but Bucs coach Bruce Arians has been hesitant to use him in the passing game, so Bell could complement Vaughn in that area. Still, the 29-year-old's best days are behind him, and he's a longshot to produce fantasy-viable numbers despite his big-name appeal. Jones is the only Buccaneers back worth starting.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Dec 21, 2021, 6:07 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

The Athletic's Greg Auman reports Le'Veon Bell is the "only healthy" Bucs running back headed into Week 18. 

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) remains on injured reserve, Ronald Jones picked up an ankle injury in Week 17 against the Jets, and Ke'Shawn Vaughn hurt his ribs late in the game against New York. That left Bell -- signed two weeks ago -- as the Bucs' primary (only) back in the final couple fourth quarter drives. He had three rushes for five yards and caught three balls for 30 yards while running a route on 39.3 percent of Tom Brady's drop backs. Gio Bernard, who was placed on IR a few weeks ago with knee and hip injuries, could return for Tampa's Week 18 game against the Panthers, potentially complicating the team's backfield split. Bell should be rostered in all leagues that play into Week 18. 

RELATED: 

Ronald Jones

, Giovani Bernard

, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter 

Jan 3, 2022, 11:56 AM ET