What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alfred Morris, why is he rated so low (2 Viewers)

Just tried to move him for a 2017 1st. Was rejected and countered with a 3rd this year and a 2nd in 2017. Think I'd rather hold him for that.

If you think there's a decent chance that's a mid-2nd or better, sell.
Could possibly be in the mid-round range. I don't think it would be an early round pick next year, but it's a team that has some pieces in place already. I took over for a team that has a mid-4th rounder this year and that's it. And it needs a ton of help. I thought since this guy also owns McFadden, I could try and squeeze a 1st out of him.

Although I think Dallas' line can actually be over-rated or exaggerated while people talk about them, the difference between DAL and WAS should be quite significant here. Morris is a nice ticket to ride here. 

No one is predicting he outrush ADP so everything is somewhat reasonable, somewhat toned down. 

If you asked me a month ago if I'd try and get any RB Dallas signed, the answer would have been yes. This hasn't changed. Alfred Morris is a good runner. I don't understand any negative tone some have. This is a safe risk, a good bet, type FF move to have Morris on your team. 

Beware of Seahawks fans that praised Michael and Turbin in DAL but curiously don't like Morris. He's done better than both in the NFL and their comments have too much homerism to it. 

You want an FF RB running behind a solid OL. That exists here. Let people poke a stick at it all they want, time to move on to 2000 other NFL players to analyze for your FF draft. 

I agree Dallas is about as good of a landing spot for a RB as anyone could ask for. I just want to mention that I think the Redskins offensive line really improved and came together last season and that was a big part of them winning their division and making the playoffs. So I see the Dallas offensive line as better than Washington, but the gap isn't as big as it once was. I think Washington has an above average offensive line now.

The vultures are out in full force thinking I want this guy.  For free off the WW yes, but not in a deal where I give A J Green and Duke Johnson for Morris and M Floyd.

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnnyU said:
The vultures are out in full force thinking I want this guy.  For free off the WW yes, but not in a deal where I give A J Green and Duke Johnson for Morris and M Floyd.

The Morris owners think they found a pot of gold, but in reality they have belly button lint that nobody wants.

No matter what if McFadden is healthy it's going to be full blown RBBC.  Throw in the chance DAL takes a RB in the first few rounds and the odds Morris is even useable plummet.

Almost all Morris owners are trying to dump him off to some sucker, but even the suckers aren't buying into him.

The Morris owners think they found a pot of gold, but in reality they have belly button lint that nobody wants.

No matter what if McFadden is healthy it's going to be full blown RBBC.  Throw in the chance DAL takes a RB in the first few rounds and the odds Morris is even useable plummet.

Almost all Morris owners are trying to dump him off to some sucker, but even the suckers aren't buying into him.
I don't think that will be the case after their failed attempt at that last year. I think Alfred will rise to the top as the only back on the roster who can break arm tackles. DMC is good in space but goes down to easy. I see Alf taking the starter role, McFadden to be the 3rd down back to take advantage of his receiving skills and substantial pass pro. Dunbar will get some too, but getting nearly all of his touches in the passing game.

Anyone who thinks Morris will be outshines by McFadden hasn't paid attention to McFadden's career. He is fools gold while Morris still seems productive when given the ball. The threat to Morris is drafting someone.

D McFadden had over 1400 yards combined and only totaled 3 TD's.  I don't

think it would be much of a stretch to think Morris gets a lot of goal line work.

He helps take the pressure of Romo in the red zone.

Morris owners are an injury to McFadden (which could be argued is likely to happen) away from sitting on a rb1 imo, I don't see Dallas taking a RB in the 1st half of the draft this year

What about people who are neither biased owners nor jaded former owners? Personally, I'm just looking at the situation from a redraft standpoint and I like it for Morris. Luckily for redrafts, they don't typically start until after the NFL draft so we'll know whether Dallas drafted a rookie or not. If not, then I like Morris' chances of putting up solid RB2 numbers in 0 and 0.5 ppr leagues with a good chance of RB1 if/when DMC breaks down. I really think he's got a chance of usurping DMC even if he's healthy. But I do think DMC will start the year as the lead back, so Morris is a guy that I won't be overly sad if someone else steals him in the draft because I'll have a good chance of buying him cheap in the first few weeks when owners get impatient (or maybe even getting him off the waiver wire).

What about people who are neither biased owners nor jaded former owners? Personally, I'm just looking at the situation from a redraft standpoint and I like it for Morris. Luckily for redrafts, they don't typically start until after the NFL draft so we'll know whether Dallas drafted a rookie or not. If not, then I like Morris' chances of putting up solid RB2 numbers in 0 and 0.5 ppr leagues with a good chance of RB1 if/when DMC breaks down. I really think he's got a chance of usurping DMC even if he's healthy. But I do think DMC will start the year as the lead back, so Morris is a guy that I won't be overly sad if someone else steals him in the draft because I'll have a good chance of buying him cheap in the first few weeks when owners get impatient (or maybe even getting him off the waiver wire).
yeah, Morris could be an ok gamble in re-drafts after the NFL draft once pre-season starts.  He might still be worthless then but you'll know it by August when re-drafts start up.

The issue is dynasty owners are trying to dump him right now for a decent amount of value.  Almost all Morris dynasty owners are trying to do it but nobody's falling for the trap.

yeah, Morris could be an ok gamble in re-drafts after the NFL draft once pre-season starts.  He might still be worthless then but you'll know it by August when re-drafts start up.

The issue is dynasty owners are trying to dump him right now for a decent amount of value.  Almost all Morris dynasty owners are trying to do it but nobody's falling for the trap.
I'm not. Haven't sent a single offer cept for that joke to Johnny U since I have Floyd as well as Morris and he has the other two guys in that league, but that's not serious. No way he takes it. 

I'm not. Haven't sent a single offer cept for that joke to Johnny U since I have Floyd as well as Morris and he has the other two guys in that league, but that's not serious. No way he takes it. 
Can't blame the Morris owners for trying to cash in.  I'm actually a little surprised that there is almost zero interest in him from anybody.  Usually there are a couple suckers in each league who fall for traps.

I dealt for Alf before free Agency. Gave up DeSean Jackson in a non-PPR. Fair deal IMO.

I can only speak for myself, but the reason that I traded for him was to maybe catch lightning in a bottle. So far, with him landing in Dallas, the price was worth it. I'm not dealing him unless someone approaches me with something substantially better than DeSean Jackson. No one is going to do that unless they are Morris Family League members. I'm realistic. He only holds value to me right now.

He's a hold.

you should... I was the only one hyping Crabs last preseason on this forum.. I was getting destroyed by ppl for implying he was far from "done"
Slow down there man, it's not like Crabtree was some all-pro.  He was a functional WR3/flex player, finished WR24 in PPR league.  I like your comparison because I could see Morris achieving that.  Some days he's going to stink, but he'll be spot playable and a functional roster spot.

Slow down there man, it's not like Crabtree was some all-pro.  He was a functional WR3/flex player, finished WR24 in PPR league.  I like your comparison because I could see Morris achieving that.  Some days he's going to stink, but he'll be spot playable and a functional roster spot.
Crabtree had WR 17 numbers in my PPR league....which is pretty good.

No 17 WR in my PPR league. Basic scoring. 1PPR/10yd 1pt / 1td 6pt

That's a WR3/flex? You playing in a 4 man league or what?

That's WR2, all day, every day. Just like I said he'd be... Check the Crabtree thread out, where he was dead/buried/unrosterable.

It's not difficult to see the talent of players, and just realize they're unmotivated in a #### situation/being misused. Morris is DEFINITELY this year's Crabtree

Last edited by a moderator:
Crabs was WR20 in my 12 team, non-PPR and he was one of the biggest draft day steals at his late 12th round draft position.  And that is where a significant difference lies between Crabs and Morris and why I think it is a silly comparison.  Being behind the Dallas offensive line is going to artificially inflate expectations for any RB on the roster and I would be willing to bet that you will have to reach for Morris and DMac if you want them on your roster in a redraft.  So while Crabs was a late round flyer that far exceeded expectations, Morris (and DMac) will likely be overdrafted and have to produce much more to exceed their draft positions.

No 17 WR in my PPR league. Basic scoring. 1PPR/10yd 1pt / 1td 6pt

That's a WR3/flex? You playing in a 4 man league or what?

That's WR2, all day, every day. Just like I said he'd be... Check the Crabtree thread out, where he was dead/buried/unrosterable.

It's not difficult to see the talent of players, and just realize they're unmotivated in a #### situation/being misused. Morris is DEFINITELY this year's Crabtree
I know you have trouble with facts, but I literally just said he was WR24 in my league.  That's not WR2 all day every day, it's the lowest WR2 on the average day.  If you only start 2 he's a WR/flex option.  If you start 3 he's a WR2/3 option depending on roster strengths/makeup.  if you're decently deep at WR you aren't starting him on many days.   I could see Morris being or exceeding that yet a lot of people are going to let him slide right on by.

I just don't understand the Cowboys at all.

Zeke is the real deal and will make a huge difference behind that line but it really seems as if they have more glaring needs on defense. 

I just don't understand the Cowboys at all.

Zeke is the real deal and will make a huge difference behind that line but it really seems as if they have more glaring needs on defense. 
Yeah definitely an odd move. Why bring in Morris and keep Dunbar, only to draft Elliot? Seems like he can be the real deal, but the running game wasn't their problem last year. They needed help in the secondary and along the front 7. Hell, even a decent WR opposite of Dez. Surprised they didn't trade back and pick up more picks.

I understand the logic of keeping the defense off the field by sustaining more drives but there really seems to be a dearth of defensive talent in Dallas and with guys like Ramsey and Buckner on the board it was a bold move to pass on them for a RB.

Yeah definitely an odd move. Why bring in Morris and keep Dunbar, only to draft Elliot? Seems like he can be the real deal, but the running game wasn't their problem last year. They needed help in the secondary and along the front 7. Hell, even a decent WR opposite of Dez. Surprised they didn't trade back and pick up more picks.
Two words: Jerry Jones.

As an Eagles fan, I hope he and Daniel Snyder both live forever.

Based on how the running game hid the warts of the Cowboys' defense a few years ago and considering a lot of people think Elliot is one of the best 2-3 RBs to come out since Peterson, this makes some sense. 

They have the best o-line in the league so why have a Mercedes in the garage with no gas to put into it?  They have been burned on their DB assessment in recent years and probably feel more confident in a RB being an immediate contributor than a rookie defender (and Romo is getting long in the tooth...and so is Jerry...we have to keep that in mind. At some point, these older owners don't care about 3-5 year rebuilds. Their own clock is ticking). 

So basically Morris has no value in Fantasy unless Elliott gets hurt?

And do the Cowboys keep McFadden or try and trade him for a low pick?

So basically Morris has no value in Fantasy unless Elliott gets hurt?

And do the Cowboys keep McFadden or try and trade him for a low pick?
If you own Alf, your best move is to take advantage of the investment size the Elliott owner is making and sell him some insurance.  I think you can get a 2nd rounder for him.

:lmao:  Touché, sir.

But that EzE pick had Jerrah's fingerprints all over it.
Rumor is Garrett really wanted Elliott while the scouts wanted Ramsey. I thought they could trade back and still get Elliott so I think they missed on value, but he's a good fit for the team. 

Users who are viewing this thread