What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minimum Innings Pitched Per Week Setting (1 Viewer)

Buckfast 1

Footballguy
I'm joining a weekly head-to-head mixed rotisserie league of 10 teams that has a minimum innings pitched threshold that you must meet each week. This league has traditionally set the limit at only 7 IP per week, which is absurd because it completely devalues starting pitching and essentially allows you to win 3 of the 5 pitching categories each week using only closers/middle relievers. I've convinced the commish to raise the limit, but we are trying to figure out where to set it. I'm thinking that around 30 IP per week in a 10-team league sounds reasonable.

You guys have any recommendations on minimum innings pitched limits that have worked for you in the past? Thanks!

I'm in a dumb weekly H2H roto league where the min IP threshold is 21 for six pitching slots: SP, SP, P, P, RP, RP. That lower limit seems to work okay.

'Buckfast 1 said:
'rodg12 said:
How many pitchers do you start?
There are two SP, two RP, and three utility pitcher spots.
I'm thinking 22. 6 IP out of each of the SP and 2 IP out of the other 5. If you want the util pitcher to be an SP, make it an SP, otherwise you can't force someone to use an SP there by creating a higher IP limit.

I should have specified this earlier, but you can make daily lineup changes in this league, so your pitchers aren't locked in to those positions for the week. So, I don't think the number of pitching slots is overly determinative of what the minimum innings pitched limit should be.

My thoughts are that you should probably be forced to have around 5 SP starts per week with some bullpen innings thrown in, which would conservatively put you right around 30 innings.

I should have specified this earlier, but you can make daily lineup changes in this league, so your pitchers aren't locked in to those positions for the week. So, I don't think the number of pitching slots is overly determinative of what the minimum innings pitched limit should be. My thoughts are that you should probably be forced to have around 5 SP starts per week with some bullpen innings thrown in, which would conservatively put you right around 30 innings.
Ah, gotcha. I was thinking weekly moves. 30 sounds good for a daily moves league.

Thanks for the input, guys. I am going to lobby for a 30 IP minimum, but it sounds like 25 or 35 would likely work as well.

In any event, it will be a massive improvement over the past 7 IP minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread