What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (6 Viewers)

Is he finally going to play this week? All notes for the last week and a half are pointing to week 6, but in week 2 everyone was saying week 4 against ATL, so who knows! Their offense looks lost!!

When Gronk is on the field, is Brady just going to throw it to him 20x a game?

One would think he already had a setback.
Not meeting your original aggressive time line does not seem to me a set back. All along it was scheduled wee 4-6. We are still "on schedule"

If he misses this week, Im going from concern over not beating the outside date to full on red flag.

Not meeting your original aggressive time line does not seem to me a set back. All along it was scheduled wee 4-6. We are still "on schedule"

If he misses this week, Im going from concern over not beating the outside date to full on red flag.
If he doesn't play this week, against a high powered Saints team, there is tremendous cause for concern, especially with their offense looking like the Jets!

I only drafted him bc he didn't land on PUP, which signaled he'll be back by week 6 the absolute latest - If he isn't back by this game, #### ME!! I mean, I've got Julius Thomas so I'm fine, but I would like to trade a TE or FLEX one... I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE HE PLAYS THIS WEEK!!!

If he doesn't play this week, against a high powered Saints team, there is tremendous cause for concern, especially with their offense looking like the Jets!

I only drafted him bc he didn't land on PUP, which signaled he'll be back by week 6 the absolute latest - If he isn't back by this game, #### ME!! I mean, I've got Julius Thomas so I'm fine, but I would like to trade a TE or FLEX one... I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE HE PLAYS THIS WEEK!!!
seriously?

If that were the only case than I would agree.

Just last week, after a Friday practice, it was reported that he seemed good to go unless something changed from Friday to Monday. Not only did it change, he was declared OUT way earlier then the previous 3-4 weeks.

There also seems to be conflicts on just what's holding him from playing. Initial reports were a forearem and now it's his back.

**ETA**

Edit the bolded--a couple weeks back I believe is what he was "good to go" then this week he was limited all week and delcraed out on Friday

Last edited by a moderator:

Just last week, after a Friday practice, it was reported that he seemed good to go unless something changed from Friday to Monday. Not only did it change, he was declared OUT way earlier then the previous 3-4 weeks.

There also seems to be conflicts on just what's holding him from playing. Initial reports were a forearem and now it's his back.
I mean Amendolas back from a totally torn groin, sheesh

If he doesn't play this week something is def wrong!! They would've put him on PUP if they thought he wasn't going to be back by week 6... I'm following Gronk news very closely this week!

Last edited by a moderator:

If he doesn't play this week something is def wrong!! They would've put him on PUP if they thought he wasn't going to be back by week 6... I'm following Gronk news very closely this week!
Not necessarily if it was cloudy. I mean people heal at different speeds. If they new he wouldn't be able to play beyond a doubt until week 9 or something they might have done it.

Not necessarily if it was cloudy. I mean people heal at different speeds. If they new he wouldn't be able to play beyond a doubt until week 9 or something they might have done it.
Totally agree they heal at different speeds.

When a guy goes from questionable 2 weeks ago to OUT on a Friday last week, what would you think?

Do people forget 2 Fridays ago it was reported that "if the game were today, he'd play", then Sunday rolled around and he didn't? Something is going on.

I cut the chord on gronk last week and traded him + ridley/MJD for Amendola and F-jax. Status now seems way too murky for my liking.

I think the Gronk family is wanting to wait until he gets back to the tip top football shape, might take a while.

Do people forget 2 Fridays ago it was reported that "if the game were today, he'd play", then Sunday rolled around and he didn't? Something is going on.
They're the ####### Patriots - We will never know... I know it makes sense to keep this info secretive, but I just hate them so much for this kind of ####. Gronk should thank BB, this is Karma for BB listing him questionable for every single game last year.

**ETA**

Edit the bolded--a couple weeks back I believe is what he was "good to go" then this week he was limited all week and delcraed out on Friday
This is the Patriots. Believe nothing they say and even less than nothing of what's on the injury report.

Everything the Pats say seems to be subterfuge. If he plays this week and looks healthy, it's all good. If not, we have real worries. That's my take at least.

**ETA**

This is the Patriots. Believe nothing they say and even less than nothing of what's on the injury report.

Everything the Pats say seems to be subterfuge. If he plays this week and looks healthy, it's all good. If not, we have real worries. That's my take at least.
I take that advise in some cases with them but when a guy goes from maybe playing 2 weeks ago to being declared out at the same point the following week than I worry. I don't believe they declared him out so early to get some kind of mental advantage over Cincy or to screw with fantasy football owners. If you look at JUST the injury report, it appears as if he regressed in some way from two weeks ago to this week.

**ETA**

I think we all should listen to what they actually DO and less on what they say or show on an injury report. If Gronk is more than a partial practice participant this week, it's a good sign. Doubtful, Questionable, Probable mean nothing to the Pats. If he practices in full, he'll suit up and play this week.

**ETA**

I think we all should listen to what they actually DO and less on what they say or show on an injury report. If Gronk is more than a partial practice participant this week, it's a good sign. Doubtful, Questionable, Probable mean nothing to the Pats. If he practices in full, he'll suit up and play this week.
I think he was a limited participant in every single practice last season? There will be no real info until the actives are announced on Sunday around 3:15.

**ETA**

I take that advise in some cases with them but when a guy goes from maybe playing 2 weeks ago to being declared out at the same point the following week than I worry. I don't believe they declared him out so early to get some kind of mental advantage over Cincy or to screw with fantasy football owners. If you look at JUST the injury report, it appears as if he regressed in some way from two weeks ago to this week.
Not seeing where you are getting that from. Friday injury reports have progressed from doubtful to questionable. I don't recall them worsening which suggests a regression.

The last two weeks he was ruled OUT but both times that was on Saturday when it was known he was not making the trip. Had those games been home games we likely would not have known he was inactive till right up before game time.

I'm willing to bet this week if he does not play he won't be ruled out on Saturday. This time you'll probably find out just before kickoff since they are home.

And what Koya said about if he does not play this week it's time to worry to which I would agree 100% since multiple reports have stated that was his target date. That and fact the Pat's offense looked like turd yesterday, they lost, Brady looked frustrated and got knocked around a bit and they know they'll need to be able to score this week to keep up with the Saints. This probably won't factor into anything but from a pure pride angle you would have to think Gronk is itching to be on the same field as guy everyone is now calling the best TE in football.

FWIW, I heard Bert Breer before the game yesterday say the that the revised timeline was Gronk returning somewhere in Weeks 5-7. He described Gronk as looking good in practice but felt he was still slow to regain his strength. Breer's opinion was that he would not be shocked if Gronk skipped next week too. (Breer covered the Pats before moving on to the NFL Network and I have found him to be pretty accurate with his information and perspective.)

:pickle:

A source tells ProFootballTalk that Rob Gronkowski (back, forearm) is likely to play against the Saints Week 6.
This time, it feels real. Although Gronkowski has been practicing with his teammates for weeks now and has gained medical clearance, he was taking his time to ensure his fragile forearm was truly 100 percent. The ever-reliable Jay Glazer reported a couple weeks ago that Week 6 was the true target date. Patient owners that have been stashing Gronk can pencil him back into lineups. Even if he's on a snap count Sunday, he's a must-start TE1. Gronkowski has 28 touchdowns in his last 27 regular season games.

Been riding with Charles Clay and he's served me well. But now that he's on bye, push has come to shove, really really need Gronk back. Or I will have to look for a desperation TE on waivers.

I'm on a 3 game win streak and have been riding the Unicorn ;) ...he plays Thursday and if I keep hearing good news I'm gonna gamble and start Gronk!

How would you all value him if he starts this week?

Now I have to figure out what to do about owning Cameron and Gronk. Think I'll probably go with Cameron this week as I seek out a trade for one of them.

How would you all value him if he starts this week?

Now I have to figure out what to do about owning Cameron and Gronk. Think I'll probably go with Cameron this week as I seek out a trade for one of them.
Gronk is going to get as many targets as he can handle. I think he's a very solid TE1 this week, if he plays. But I'd still go with Cameron this week; he's got to be the safer play, with nearly as much upside.

So of course it's a 4 o'clock game. I see the following likely last-minute inactive insurance options on most wires:

TEN @ SEA: Walker

SEA v TEN: Miller

JAX @ DEN: Harbor

ARI @ SF: Housler

WAS @ DAL: Reed

Walker, then Reed, then Miller seems to be the order of preference.

Users who are viewing this thread