Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***** OFFICIAL Rob Gronkowski - taking his talents to TB *****

FBG early projections have Gronk 81st for standard flex and 9th among TE's.

Does that seem right? IF I were to go by that, I'd be benching him this week.

But that seems crazy...yet at the same time maybe it's not?

It could happen at any time. I don't want to be caught not starting him. Edited by Landro21
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gronk took a little time off from the summer of Gronk , to send my son who is recovering from a second emergency surgery at pediatric hospital in Maine - a get well soon video. It was awesome,

I'm not worried, he had a 6 disc changer installed last time.  Plus a 100 amp subwoofer.  

Yeah Gronk isn't retiring.  Cook is older thank Gronk.. .  Once the sports media hears the word retire in the context of a good player you never hear the of it.  It must generate a lot of ad clic

FBG early projections have Gronk 81st for standard flex and 9th among TE's.

Does that seem right? IF I were to go by that, I'd be benching him this week.

But that seems crazy...yet at the same time maybe it's not?

These early projections always seem a bit odd. I'm sure Gronk will be moving up in the updated rankings.

He technically did the same thing last year on a snap count (put up a dud during his 2nd week back). I mean, NE isn't keeping Gronk on a snap count for ####s, it probably takes some non-zero amount of time to get into real game shape. I remember listening to a Reggie Wayne interview and he was talking about how sore he was all week after week 1 and that he wasn't expecting it but it's just something you have to deal with. Either way, I'm not sitting Gronk as he nears closer and closer to game shape/full snap count. It seems counter-intuitive.. unless you think he's fallen off of course.

Edited by SameSongNDance

He technically did the same thing last year on a snap count (put up a dud during his 2nd week back). I mean, NE isn't keeping Gronk on a snap count for ####s, it probably takes some non-zero amount of time to get into real game shape. I remember listening to a Reggie Wayne interview and he was talking about how sore he was all week after week 1 and that he wasn't expecting it but it's just something you have to deal with. Either way, I'm not sitting Gronk as he nears closer and closer to game shape/full snap count. It seems counteractive.. unless you think he's fallen off of course.

Im with you...but I have a nice shiny toy in Delanie Walker on my bench just itching to get in there.

• Like 1

He technically did the same thing last year on a snap count (put up a dud during his 2nd week back). I mean, NE isn't keeping Gronk on a snap count for ####s, it probably takes some non-zero amount of time to get into real game shape. I remember listening to a Reggie Wayne interview and he was talking about how sore he was all week after week 1 and that he wasn't expecting it but it's just something you have to deal with. Either way, I'm not sitting Gronk as he nears closer and closer to game shape/full snap count. It seems counteractive.. unless you think he's fallen off of course.

Im with you...but I have a nice shiny toy in Delanie Walker on my bench just itching to get in there.

Not a bad problem to have. That was Walker's first 100+ yard game of his 9 year career however. Although it may be a positive sign of things to come, Gronk has exceeded 100 yards on many occasions (14 times to be exact) in his 5 year career (which is more like 3 since he's missed so much time) and I'm expecting him to add to that total soon. Gronk really is a monster.

I'm hoping for another quiet game this week so I can send out some trade offers. I own him in a league and am considering Kelce against Miami over him.

Good luck with that. He faces the Raiders this week and they haven't stopped ANYONE this season. As a point of reference, the Raiders have allowed every opponent to score on their opening drive this season, including preseason! Start Gronk with confidence this week.

The only problem facing gronk and Brady rt now is that their schedule is freakin cake. And their defense is much improved. As long as they keep blowing out teams and scoring defensive Tds gronk will be rested and Brady will keep throwing for minimal yardage while Ridley eats up the clock.

To save people having to click the link

When will Gronk get back to 100%?

That's a tough one, Luke. He's still wearing a brace on his knee, which could continue for awhile. He doesn't appear to be limping when we see him walking through the locker room, and he is still getting open despite any lingering side effects from the surgery.

Gronkowski tore his ACL on Dec. 8, 2013, and is just over eight months removed from surgery; for context, former Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker tore his ACL on Jan. 3, 2010, and did not have a typical season (by his standards) the following year, catching less than 100 passes for the only season of his Patriots career.

Players typically don't get back to 100 percent of their former self until a year after surgery. Thus, while Gronkowski could very well play the whole season, he may not be back to his former self until the end of this season or sometimes next season.

I have graham and Gronks, I'm going to wait for Graham's week 6 bye and then move Gronks in week 7. Week 7 is a sneaky trade date for Gronks

Why is it sneaky?

These are just my reasonings and can be subjected to change barring an injury

1.) Gronk has a bye in week 9, trading him in week 7 people won't factor in the week 9 bye as much as the week 8 bye and you'll get full value for him. If you trade him for any stud that has a bye week 7 and prior, you'll effectively get an extra game while your opponent loses a game. Bonus* trade him to your week 9 opponent this will ensure that you will have a stronger team on that week because no way in hell he has a better T.E than Gronks and if he did, he wouldn't be trading for Gronks. It's like trading a 1:1 in value and getting a free win.

2.) His SoS for post week 7 (post 7 for me because thats my target trade date, it can be anything you want) (except for week 12) are not great matchups for T.E. Trade Gronk for an equivalent stud and pick up Dwayne Allen who has a ridiculously good schedule for T.E post week 11

3.) there's more but I'm going to hold out, I'm sure I have a couple league members on this board. Hi Matt! :cool:

I have graham and Gronks, I'm going to wait for Graham's week 6 bye and then move Gronks in week 7. Week 7 is a sneaky trade date for Gronks

Why is it sneaky?

1.) Gronk has a bye in week 9, trading him in week 7 people won't factor in the week 9 bye as much as the week 8 bye and you'll get full value for him. If you trade him for any stud that has a bye week 7 and prior, you'll effectively get an extra game while your opponent loses a game. Bonus* trade him to your week 9 opponent this will ensure that you will have a stronger team on that week because no way in hell he has a better T.E than Gronks and if he did, he wouldn't be trading for Gronks. It's like trading a 1:1 in value and getting a free win.

2.) His SoS for post week 7 (post 7 for me because thats my target trade date, it can be anything you want) (except for week 12) are not great matchups for T.E. Trade Gronk for an equivalent stud and pick up Dwayne Allen who has a ridiculously good schedule for T.E post week 11

3.) there's more but I'm going to hold out, I'm sure I have a couple league members on this board. Hi Matt! :cool:

Do you and Matt play week 9?

Thanks. Good points about trading out of the bye. I own graham and gronk as well, but can flex a tight end. But another #1 wr or #1 rb wouldn't be too shabby from a TE hungry team.

Why is it sneaky?

2.) His SoS for post week 7 (post 7 for me because thats my target trade date, it can be anything you want) (except for week 12)

are not great matchups for T.E. Trade Gronk for an equivalent stud and pick up Dwayne Allen who has a ridiculously good schedule for T.E post week 11

:lmao:

Any competent owner will certainly take the fact that he has a bye into account when trading...also if you want a 'stud' in return, the time to trade him is now. As of right now, he is getting outscored by almost all of the tes. A couple more games of this and his trade value will be zero because if you are not getting him to flex him, what is the point in owning him if you have a good te already?

He could still help your team at the end of the season, but you are delusional if you think a person will trade one of his studs in the middle of the season for a guy who is not performing like he usually does.

Why is it sneaky?

2.) His SoS for post week 7 (post 7 for me because thats my target trade date, it can be anything you want) (except for week 12)

are not great matchups for T.E. Trade Gronk for an equivalent stud and pick up Dwayne Allen who has a ridiculously good schedule for T.E post week 11

Any competent owner will certainly take the fact that he has a bye into account when trading...also if you want a 'stud' in return, the time to trade him is now. As of right now, he is getting outscored by almost all of the tes. A couple more games of this and his trade value will be zero because if you are not getting him to flex him, what is the point in owning him if you have a good te already?

He could still help your team at the end of the season, but you are delusional if you think a person will trade one of his studs in the middle of the season for a guy who is not performing like he usually does.

how does he have a trade value of zero? Why would trading him now when he is gettign outscored by all of the TE and how does he have more value now? How about we trade him later later when hes out of recovery mode. I don't think your method of selling low is the way to go here. No one wants to touch him now unless it's a bargain...

Why would anyone trade their stud if Gronks is performing at a subpar level at week 7? Of course not, but I'm banking on the fact that he will be in better shape at week 7 then he is now, so tell me again why would trading him now will have more value then trading him later? Are you somehow assuming he'll get injured while sitting on the bench recovering?

Ofc a good owner will take bye week that into account, but you only need one out of the other 10+ to accept, usually it's the guy with the underperforming t.e because you know, There's only 3 elite T.E and only two people in my league have them.

yeah of course he can help my team, just like any other studs. But I would rather trade for a stud that have an easier schedule then have one that have a mediocre one, wouldn't you agree?

edit: I am currently flexing him. I got him at his ADP to dry up the TE pool which worked somewhat as 1/3 of the TE drafted where drafted before their ADP by a round

Edited by mrbigg

100% of owners drafted him expecting a more productive 2nd half of the year, didn't they? He looks healthy and comfortable so I'm holding regardless of TE SOS.

exactly, which is why I couldn't understand how "trading him now before he lose all of his value" make sense given the information we currently have

If a game where he looked explosive results in 3 catches I don't know what to think. He did play 40+ of the 70 snaps today which is a slight step up. I think we are probably trending in the right direction, but he's got to start producing some yardage. The Patiots offense is pathetic, they feature a guy who is 5 foot 6 and is slower then most linebackers as their primary target and just feed him the ball all day long. I mean how can you be surprised that your scoring 1 td against one of the worst 3 defenses in the league with a game plan like that?

This dink and dunk to Edelman offense is just not going to get them anywhere. They need Gronk, and I think the Patriots are smart enough to realize this.

I don't know if Brady is really capable of putting up big numbers anymore though. He looks legitimately terrible. So either he needs to improve, or they need to start targeting Gronkowski instead of featuring the guy who I could beat in a race and is shorter then my grandma.

If a game where he looked explosive results in 3 catches I don't know what to think. He did play 40+ of the 70 snaps today which is a slight step up. I think we are probably trending in the right direction, but he's got to start producing some yardage. The Patiots offense is pathetic, they feature a guy who is 5 foot 6 and is slower then most linebackers as their primary target and just feed him the ball all day long. I mean how can you be surprised that your scoring 1 td against one of the worst 3 defenses in the league with a game plan like that?

This dink and dunk to Edelman offense is just not going to get them anywhere. They need Gronk, and I think the Patriots are smart enough to realize this.

I don't know if Brady is really capable of putting up big numbers anymore though. He looks legitimately terrible. So either he needs to improve, or they need to start targeting Gronkowski instead of featuring the guy who I could beat in a race and is shorter then my grandma.

If Edelman is slower than most linebackers, how is he always open?

If Edelman is slower than most linebackers, how is he always open?

Cuz he's quick and can change direction. He has a role as a slot guy who you throw to on third and short. Nothing more. The fact that they use him as extensively as they do is one of the main reasons why their offense sucks.

Keep feeding the guy who can produce 80 yards on 15 catches. And keep scoring 16 points against the worst defenses in the league.

Why is it sneaky?

how does he have a trade value of zero? Why would trading him now when he is gettign outscored by all of the TE and how does he have more value now? How about we trade him later later when hes out of recovery mode. I don't think your method of selling low is the way to go here. No one wants to touch him now unless it's a bargain...

Why would anyone trade their stud if Gronks is performing at a subpar level at week 7? Of course not, but I'm banking on the fact that he will be in better shape at week 7 then he is now, so tell me again why would trading him now will have more value then trading him later? Are you somehow assuming he'll get injured while sitting on the bench recovering?

Ofc a good owner will take bye week that into account, but you only need one out of the other 10+ to accept, usually it's the guy with the underperforming t.e because you know, There's only 3 elite T.E and only two people in my league have them.

yeah of course he can help my team, just like any other studs. But I would rather trade for a stud that have an easier schedule then have one that have a mediocre one, wouldn't you agree?

edit: I am currently flexing him. I got him at his ADP to dry up the TE pool which worked somewhat as 1/3 of the TE drafted where drafted before their ADP by a round

Dude...you are the one talking about trading him. Why the f would you trade him later in the season if he has fully recovered and is producing? What do you think you would get? By the middle of the season, many of the perceived studs have gone down to injury and people are holding onto the ones left like gold. I don't agree that you should trade a fully performing Gronk under any circumstances. I do feel it is a question as to whether he makes it all the way back for a variety of reasons. If you really want to trade him, now is the time. You could still get something good from an owner who has a surplus of rbs or wrs. After today, I would be scared as it is now three weeks of middling performances. I don't care what anybody says, he is not going in the 2nd or 3rd round if people really think he is going average 11 points per game in ppr.

Trade him this week.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski (knee) played on 42-of-73 snaps in Sunday's Week 3 win over the Raiders.

It's 57.5 percent, up from the 43.1 percent Gronkowski had played through the first two weeks. Remember that Gronk wasn't a full-time player last season until five games after coming back from forearm surgery. If anyone is selling, we're buying Gronk as he rounds into form.
Source: ESPN.com
Sep 21 - 9:46 PM

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski (knee) said he doesn't "feel limited at all" and is ready for more responsibility.

Gronkowski played a season-high 57.5 percent of the snaps in Week 3, but hasn't topped four catches or 44 yards yet this season. The good news is that his rebuilt knee feels good and he's sustained no other complications. "It's just progressing every week but it's getting to the point where we can start rolling more and more," he said. With the Patriots offense scuffling, it about time to unleash the Gronk. Owners should be holding on tight.
Sep 25 - 8:08 AM

That second TD was a bad throw but gronk should have had it. It was almost as if he started thinking of celebrating before he secured it.

It was deflected. Brady was late or didn't lead Gronk enough and the defender got a piece of it.

I know it was deflected, but Gronk still had it in his hands, pulled it down with one hand and just flat out dropped it.

I remember watching the replay several times and thinking that it should have been an easy TD.

Wish I could find a replay of it, but can't from my phone at the moment.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski (knee) said he doesn't "feel limited at all" and is ready for more responsibility.

Gronkowski played a season-high 57.5 percent of the snaps in Week 3, but hasn't topped four catches or 44 yards yet this season. The good news is that his rebuilt knee feels good and he's sustained no other complications. "It's just progressing every week but it's getting to the point where we can start rolling more and more," he said. With the Patriots offense scuffling, it about time to unleash the Gronk. Owners should be holding on tight.

If Rotoworld says hold, that means sell him for whatever depth you can get.

Rotoworld:

If Rotoworld says hold, that means sell him for whatever depth you can get.

RW doesn't curse players a la some people on these boards. Their blurbs are simply just written by biased morons.

• Like 1

sent out feelers in my league just to gauge what they thought of Gronk's value. Was offered Colston. Yeah, that's not good but the guy offering it has odd views of players sometimes. What are some of your leagues showing Gronk's trade value at currently?

I'm not trying to sell him, I just wanted a price check basically. The bye weeks are when trades start going down in my league so I wanted to be armed with the best info possible. I'll never turn down a good trade and I have some TE depth, so was poking around.

I'm not trying to sell him, I just wanted a price check basically. The bye weeks are when trades start going down in my league so I wanted to be armed with the best info possible. I'll never turn down a good trade and I have some TE depth, so was poking around.

I guess that makes sense, but others above expressed concern about his performance this far. He's putting up 4/40/0.6 on 50% of the offensive snaps. That projects to a hell of a season at 80+% of the snaps. The TDs won't jump much, if at all, but the rest certainly will. 6/70/0.66 seems pretty realistic, from here on out, and is well worth his ADP.

Im just glad I took Julius Thomas instead of Gronk...after I picked Julius at the 3/4 turn, other guy said thanks bud and took Gronk...No problem!

Who do you value more from now to season's end?

The guy who will be on the field more, which I expect to be Julius.

I was actually possibly going to still take Gronk in that league if he made the turn, but he didnt, and I took Jennings so kind of happy he didnt make it back to me. NE offense does not look like that of old, neither does Brady, although if anyone will still survive despite that it'll be Gronk.

The guy who will be on the field more, which I expect to be Julius.

I was actually possibly going to still take Gronk in that league if he made the turn, but he didnt, and I took Jennings so kind of happy he didnt make it back to me. NE offense does not look like that of old, neither does Brady, although if anyone will still survive despite that it'll be Gronk.

Certainly fair. I'm taking Gronk, however. I think the receptions and yardage will separate them from here on out, and while Thomas might match, he won't exceed Gronk's TD rate.

Edited by Concept Coop

Just check out Julius' yards in his breakout year. If Gronk stays healthy it won't be close.

This is about the biggest if there is in the NFL.

At this point Julius is outscoring Graham. I dont expect that to continue, but at this point anyone who was in the Julius vs Gronk decision process is pretty happy. Honestly Pats O looks like ### so while I think Gronk will still produce even if he does stay healthy I think his ceiling has shrunk a bit.

~30 second mark here. Certainly could have had it but it's never "easy" when it's deflected IMO.

That replay does not show it very well. During the game they showed an angle from outside the endzone and he dropped it as he was pulling it down almost. I am in 100% agreement that tipped balls are hard to catch.

Probably just wishing gronk had a two TD game under his belt so I could love my pick.