***** OFFICIAL Rob Gronkowski - taking his talents to TB *****

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gronk took a little time off from the summer of Gronk , to send my son who is recovering from a second emergency surgery at pediatric hospital in Maine - a get well soon video. It was awesome,

I'm not worried, he had a 6 disc changer installed last time.  Plus a 100 amp subwoofer.  

A little perspective is due: Career numbers: - 4.6 receptions per game - 70.2 yards per game - 15.2 yards per reception 2018 numbers: - 4.3 receptions per game - 67.5 yards per game

• 1 month later...

Interesting that we aren't hearing as much about Gronk this year. Last year, I felt there was a lot of hype for him to go high in the first round. Some even advocated for him as the top overall pick. With all the RB concerns this year, I am settling in with Gronk as somewhere between my 3rd and 6th top player overall. 

1 hour ago, abbottjamesr said:

What are you guys doing for projections on Gronk for the first four games with out Brady?

I tend to draft for the first 4-6 weeks of the season so he is not as appealing to me this year.

That is quite a conundrum. Cassel played very well in place of Brady and we later saw he wasn't much of a QB. The offense is likely to be less effective, but it seems like there are examples of lesser quality QBs relying heavily on star receiving weapons. My biggest concern with Gronk was last year their offensive line was so bad at times that Gronk had to play as an extra OL on far too many plays. 

4 minutes ago, Run It Up said:

The game where they sat Brady against the Chiefs and Jimmy came in he nailed Gronk for a beautiful touchdown.

Touchdown there?   lol

JK. I agree. I think Gronk will be Gronk and anything else is overthinking it.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the Boston Globe's Ben Volin, Rob Gronkowski has been "incredible" through five days of Patriots camp.

Just Gronk being Gronk. Quipped Volin, "(Gronkowski) has been absolutely dominant at practice, to the point that we hope it doesn’t ruin the confidence of Patrick Chung or Jordan Richards, the poor saps who have been forced to cover him." This is to be expected, of course. Squarely in his prime at age 27, Gronkowski enters the 2016 season with 29 touchdowns over his last 35 games.

Source: Boston Globe 
Aug 2 - 8:24 PM

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Yenrub said:

What is his injury?  I can't seem to find any place that has said specifically what it is.

No reports. Saw speculation it was a bruise. Reporters have seen him in the locker room, said he looks fine. 

15 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

What is his injury?  I can't seem to find any place that has said specifically what it is.

Yes, speculation had him with a bruise. From Jeff Howe of the Boston Hearld on 8/18:

FOXBORO -- Exhale, New England.

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski’s injury has been described as a bruise, according to a source. He'll be fine.

Gronk hobbled yesterday after chasing down a Tom Brady incompletion, and he was holding his hand over his waist above his left leg for a few minutes before walking inside to the locker room.

Gronkowski didn’t practice today, but the bruise is not a concern and won’t linger once properly treated.

There has been talk of him just taking it easy until the bullets go live in September. They mentioned on the radio this morning that Gronk hasn't played in a preseason game the past 5 years, so certainly don't expect to see him in a preseason game.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Run It Up said:

Feel like the Pats are playing with the injury report and I don't expect it to stop.

He's got a sore hamstring. It could get better or it could get worse. It could linger all season. Or he could play full strength on Sunday and never mention it again.  I don't see this as game playing, its one of the most notorious injuries out there.

The dude that broke the Ninkovich suspension story a day early is also saying that Gronk will not be playing this week.  I'm going into week 1 assuming he won't play.  I hope this isn't something that lingers all year.  

Pats playing Sunday night isnt helping.

I'm looking at Jesse James as a sneaky emergency backup Monday night. Heath is gone, Laderius is on PUP, the only other tight end on the roster is a chronic underachiever.  In the tune up game, Ben targeted James 9 times and tossed him a TD. And its a good matchup against Washington.

If Gronk plays, im starting him, if he's a last minute scratch, i can roll with James and at least figure he's going to see a lot of targets.

• Like 1

Idk about you but I'm prepared for Gronk to be 'limited' for the rest of his career, checkmate nfl.

Honestly don't know what Gronk is gonna do, he returned to practice at the beginning of the week and had been practicing that's usually the signifier that they will play.

Edited by Run It Up
1 hour ago, mbuehner said:

Pats playing Sunday night isnt helping.

I'm looking at Jesse James as a sneaky emergency backup Monday night. Heath is gone, Laderius is on PUP, the only other tight end on the roster is a chronic underachiever.  In the tune up game, Ben targeted James 9 times and tossed him a TD. And its a good matchup against Washington.

If Gronk plays, im starting him, if he's a last minute scratch, i can roll with James and at least figure he's going to see a lot of targets.

Yep, just traded away Virgil Green for James just to take advantage of James' Monday night start.  

Edited by Tango

Two sources tell the Boston Herald that Rob Gronkowski (hamstring) will play Sunday "barring an unexpected setback."

This figures to be the first of many "Report:"s, but the tea leaves have indeed suggested that Gronk will suit up. Gronk referring to it as a "coaching decision" suggests he believes he's ready to play. Owners can cautiously keep their TE1 penciled in.

Sep 8 - 6:22 PM

Gronk didn't make team charter.. Doesn't mean he won't play but it's not looking good for Week 1.   At this point I hope he stays in NE and rests up.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/09/report-gronk-did-not-make-the-trip-with-patriots-friday/

Edited by tone1oc

Doubt he plays if he didn't travel with the team, but holy #### if he did - serious comedy.

I mean a few hours ago Gronk said on Facebook how excited he was to be going back to Arizona.

This whole chapter reeks of bull####.

Edited by Run It Up
2 minutes ago, Run It Up said:

Doubt he plays if he didn't travel with the team, but holy #### if he did - serious comedy.

My biggest fear with him this week is that he will be announced as active but not actually play.

Side note.. Anyone here bold enough to take a look at AJ Derby this week?  Will he be the guy in 2 TE sets with Bennett, or would Harbor?