Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***** OFFICIAL Rob Gronkowski - taking his talents to TB *****

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gronk took a little time off from the summer of Gronk , to send my son who is recovering from a second emergency surgery at pediatric hospital in Maine - a get well soon video. It was awesome,

I'm not worried, he had a 6 disc changer installed last time.  Plus a 100 amp subwoofer.  

Yeah Gronk isn't retiring.  Cook is older thank Gronk.. .  Once the sports media hears the word retire in the context of a good player you never hear the of it.  It must generate a lot of ad clic

33 minutes ago, KellysHeroes said:

I drafted Bennet around TE10 in every redraft this yr and took him in the subscriber contest... winning

Bennet is not Gronk and Garapolo is not Brady. I see Bennet being around TE 9-12. Startable but not a top option.

16 minutes ago, MNTom said:

Bennet is not Gronk and Garapolo is not Brady. I see Bennet being around TE 9-12. Startable but not a top option.

I'd really like to see Derby get a chance in the "Gronk" role. 

42 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Not so sure about that. They have Derby and Harbor, who I am guessing they would much rather have blocking than Bemmett. 

Good point. Bennett is a great blocker though, and I though the Pats were missing a lineman this week. Could be a tough go for Jimmy and the Pat against AZ in AZ. I'd have a hard time starting any New England players.

13 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Bummer to see the one hair in the soup with Gronk - his durability - rears it ugly head already and they haven't even played a game. Hopefully, he'll rest up, be okay to go in week 2 and then dominate the rest of the season as we all expect. 

I'm really worried the hamstring will be a thing that lingers on.  It sucks, but I'd rather have him sit out a few games and get it 100% right than have him at less than 100% and guessing if and to what degree he will be used.  

We're now entering Week 4 of this injury (IIRC happend Aug 15) which puts him in Grade 2 Tear-itory.  The typical recovery time is 4-8 weeks for Grade 2's, so (hopefully) worst case is that he would be out another 3 games, assuming he was fine by 8 weeks.   The key is getting to that point with out any setbacks :fingers crossed:

1 hour ago, FGITLOTR said:

Did he stay in block all night? I drafted Bennett for weeks 5-17, when Brady is under center 

Yes in the first half. I think he'll be fine. BB wanted an extra blocker in their but Jimmy G looked okay out there

I definitely appreciate knowing on Friday/Saturday that he won't be suiting up. As we all know game time decision, let alone for a Monday game (or anything but 1pm Sun), is a fantasy nightmare for a guy that is a must-start when active. 

This week's game is at 1:00 on Sunday so anybody that can be electronically connected should be okay on whether or not they start him.

45 minutes ago, red said:

:rant:

That's a 7-8 week hammy injury?!?!?!  Who's Will Gellman?  Is he reliable?

The miss-the-first-three-games opinion has been lurking for a while now. I mentioned it on Monday in the Anybody You Worried About After One Game thread from Monday. I have heard/seen that a couple other places, but the problem is the Pats will never tell anyone that.

Edited by Anarchy99

I heard that while he has been listed as "limited" at practice, he pretty much has done close to nothing. Apparently was seen doing some stretching, an individual footwork drill, and a simulated blocking drill. Not seen doing things with the team and certainly nothing contact related. IMO, I don't see him suiting up this week. But that is far from official.

3 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

I heard that while he has been listed as "limited" at practice, he pretty much has done close to nothing. Apparently was seen doing some stretching, an individual footwork drill, and a simulated blocking drill. Not seen doing things with the team and certainly nothing contact related. IMO, I don't see him suiting up this week. But that is far from official.

That's basically what the little yahoo note b him has been saying today

"After watching Thursday's practice, Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal said Rob Gronkowski (hamstring) "certainly isn't 100 percent."
Advice: Gronkowski was listed as a limited participant at Thursday's practice but did almost nothing. While his teammates were running routes, Gronkowski simply shuffled his feet in place. He did some simulated blocking but it still wasn't much. He's extremely questionable for Sunday's home opener against the Dolphins. Gronk owners need to have a backup plan in place."

Edited by Leonidas

I think he's a must start. If he plays he an Bennett will split time inline/backfield blocking but they will be running 2TE sets the majority of the time.

I don't think the offense is gonna be very complex with Brisket under center, but I do think they will use both TEs liberally as safety valves - and obviously if they ever pass in the redzone. Good points to be had for sure.

Edited by Run It Up
9 minutes ago, TheBottomLine said:

Hearing he may be active for tonight.  How many feel he's a must-start if he's on the field?  

If he's playing, he's in my lineup. Even in a limited role he should be better than most TEs, and as the poster above said while I'd obviously have Brady under center if I'm Jacoby Brisett I lean on that monster all night.

In situations like this I'm generally willing to take the risk to start my stud. I can handle Gronk getting outscored by the guy on my bench. What I can't handle is Gronk putting up 20+ points on my bench.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

If he's playing, he's in my lineup. Even in a limited role he should be better than most TEs, and as the poster above said while I'd obviously have Brady under center if I'm Jacoby Brisett I lean on that monster all night.

In situations like this I'm generally willing to take the risk to start my stud. I can handle Gronk getting outscored by the guy on my bench. What I can't handle is Gronk putting up 20+ points on my bench.

Totally agree with that.  

This is tough, you've got total unknown as QB, Gronk could easily dress and not play, or only play a few snaps. Its an aggressive defense that has been tough against tight ends. Bennett has been playing reasonably well. Belichick is a ##### and these could all be mind games.

On the hand,

You dont sit Gronk,

Ughh.