What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (6 Viewers)

Incredible dynamic game changing TE who had/has the luxury of perhaps the greatest QB in his generation chucking it to him and dissecting defenses as they marched down the field. 

Gronk could walk away with a SB ring and a lot of folks putting him in top 3-5 range for the HoF discussion. Wonder what a Tony Gonzalez might have looked like if he had a Brady throwing it to him all those years. 

Huge blow to the Pats season and their hopes of making the Super Bowl...also even if they make it now it would seem they are not going to be close to 100%, that's terrible for the NFL fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder what a Tony Gonzalez might have looked like if he had a Brady throwing it to him all those years. 
Because 2x pro bowler & Super Bowl champ Trent Green sucked?  :unsure:

I get what you're saying, and yes, TGonz would have likely been even better had Brady been his QB. But you have to frame it differently - "imagine how good TGonz woulda been on the Tom Brady Patriots."

Or "imagine what TGonz might have looked like if those Chiefs teams threw as much as modern teams (like the Tom Brady pats)" 

people here right, we have no idea what the future holds for gronk. I'm just giving the medical background to this message people really don't seem to understand the gravity of the situation here. I'm sure he will come back and I'm sure he will achieve a high level of play again, but what I'm also sure of is this undoubtedly decreases his tenure in the nfl. 

I'll mention here as well,  there's no guarantee this fixes his issue... I've seen plenty of discectomys progress to a fusion within a year. 

good luck to gronk, I'm sure he'll be back, but for me I'll avoid him on my draft list. the extra variables aren't worth it for me

Incredible dynamic game changing TE who had/has the luxury of perhaps the greatest QB in his generation chucking it to him and dissecting defenses as they marched down the field. 

Gronk could walk away with a SB ring and a lot of folks putting him in top 3-5 range for the HoF discussion. Wonder what a Tony Gonzalez might have looked like if he had a Brady throwing it to him all those years. 

Huge blow to the Pats season and their hopes of making the Super Bowl...also even if they make it now it would seem they are not going to be close to 100%, that's terrible for the NFL fans.
Welcome to the club.  Every team has injuries.  

Every team has injuries, sure, but not all injuries are equal.  Gronk, when healthy, is easily the best skill position player in the NFL.  His loss is significant. 

Every team has injuries, sure, but not all injuries are equal.  Gronk, when healthy, is easily the best skill position player in the NFL.  His loss is significant. 
I agree with this. losing gronk for ne is like gb losing rodgers. 

yes every team has injuries but gronk has more than his fair share and I think a lot has to do with his size, his pisition, how much he is used and how he plays

Gronk thought to have had surgery on his L5-S1 disc, which was the one he had repaired in college. 

I have no idea what that means, but figured I would post it anyway. His other surgery was on his L4-5 disc. 

Gronk thought to have had surgery on his L5-S1 disc, which was the one he had repaired in college. 

I have no idea what that means, but figured I would post it anyway. His other surgery was on his L4-5 disc. 
It's definitely not a good thing that it's the same disc he hurt in college - as I understand it,  that one knocked him out the longest. 

I agree with this. losing gronk for ne is like gb losing rodgers. 

yes every team has injuries but gronk has more than his fair share and I think a lot has to do with his size, his pisition, how much he is used and how he plays
What's worse?  Lose your first stringTE?  Or losing your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd corners?  

Misunderstood the first question. Start up, hes no longer worth a 1st imo. Dont even think he'd even go in the 2nd. Rookie draft i think hes worth a mid 1st.
Both questions are relevant so it's all good.  He's hard to value right now. Virtually unstoppable when healthy but he's hurt a lot

Made an appearance at Wrestlemania last night- in the ring- so guess he's healthy enough for that.
For the sake of NFL fans, I hope he can put together a 2 year run of good health. At almost 28 and his injury history, he might only have another 2 years of peak play left. If he could play a full 16 for the next 2 seasons I think he can be at 100 career touchdowns before the age of 30. Insane. 

Ilov80s said:
For the sake of NFL fans, I hope he can put together a 2 year run of good health. At almost 28 and his injury history, he might only have another 2 years of peak play left. If he could play a full 16 for the next 2 seasons I think he can be at 100 career touchdowns before the age of 30. Insane. 
Exactly what I said much earlier in this thread. I'd give him 2 more years. I will say he will walk away when Brady walks away. His back history is very significant. 

Rob Gronkowski has agreed to a restructured contract.
Underpaid at $5.25 million, Gronk has cut a deal full of incentive-laden raises. At the highest level, Gronk's salary will more than double to $10.75 million if he plays 90 percent of the Patriots' snaps, catches 80 passes, goes for 1,200 yards or makes the All-Pro team. It's a compromise that gives Gronk a shot at a much-larger payday, but only if he's able to stay on the field and produce. It's unique for Gronk because he does not have to give anything up in exchange for the incentives. It does not appear to alter the final two years of Gronk's contract, which are currently set to pay him $8 million and $9 million, respectively.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 
May 23 - 5:47 PM

Rob Gronkowski (back) has been cleared to be on the field at practice.

Gronk's recovery has been progressing well, and he was on the field with the Patriots for the first time today. Gronk might be limited throughout the offseason program, but this is good news as he gets "ready to roll" into the rest of the preseason. Gronk's injury history is well documented, but the Patriots have shown confidence in him by restructuring his contract this week. Gronkowski should be fully ready for the Patriots' opener.

Source: Mike Reiss from Twitter 
May 25 - 11:46 AM

Users who are viewing this thread