What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (3 Viewers)

Even his agent Drew Rosenhaus said he would not be surprised if Gronk came back later in the season. I think that is definitely a possibility. Not sure what percentage chance there is of that happening though.
If Rosenhaus is his agent then anything is possible.

I'm going with he'll retire no matter the SB outcome. He'll move to LA, dabble in various things and after a year of giving his body rest return he'll return at age 31 and play for one of the teams in this SB.
I'm going to continue to stand on this call for how things will play out.

Even his agent Drew Rosenhaus said he would not be surprised if Gronk came back later in the season. I think that is definitely a possibility. Not sure what percentage chance there is of that happening though.
"Even"? Rosenhaus is probably the least surprising person who could have said this.

Anything can happen, but it seems highly unlikely for a number of reasons.

Outside of the elite RBs that flat out carry teams (Faulk, LT, Priest, etc), might be the most fun fantasy player I’ve ever owned.  So awesome watching your opponent roll out a bum and then Gronk goes for 7-125-2.  Gonna miss that guy.  Here’s to you Gronk.    :banned:

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo 3m3 minutes ago

Had Rob Gronkowski’s agent Drew Rosenhaus on @nflnetwork with us. He said he presented Gronk with a plan to speak to the team about sitting out the spring and even into training camp. Believes they could’ve worked out a plan with the #Patriots if Gronk was interested. He wasn’t.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo 3m3 minutes ago

Had Rob Gronkowski’s agent Drew Rosenhaus on @nflnetwork with us. He said he presented Gronk with a plan to speak to the team about sitting out the spring and even into training camp. Believes they could’ve worked out a plan with the #Patriots if Gronk was interested. He wasn’t.
I think its safe to say A. Hernandez will score as many points for the Patriots as Gronk will next year. He's probably pretty smart to walk away while he's still able to walk.   

I won't be surprised if he shows up late season but I don't think it's going to happen. I hope he just walks off into the sunset. Well, dances off....

The stiff arms, trucking, and general beastliness as a receiver was always fun to watch but his blocking was a thing of beauty. Still one of the best personal foul calls ever... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqgJOcGCjk8

fantasycurse42 said:
He's the only Patriot people outside of New England actually like.

Gonna miss this guy, great career, possibly the best TE ever when he was in his prime. 
I mean no need to qualify it, he was the best TE ever in his prime.

Anarchy99 said:
Agent: Gronk retired, but people change minds

I can see a scenario where the Patriots are gearing up for the stretch run into the playoffs and Brady calls up Gronk on speed dial:

”Hey buddy, how would you like to come out of retirement for a shot at one more ring?  Coach has assured me that you can play on a snap count for the remainder of the regular season and whatever you feel comfortable with in the playoffs. What do you say to that?”

I guess I may be in the minority here.

If I had the choice between a 22yo Gonzalez for 254 starts or Gronk for 100 starts it wouldn't take me two seconds to choose Gonzales. Throw in the fact I've never seen Gonzalez do anything like the cheap hit on Tre'Davious White by Gronk and it makes it an even easier decision between the two. White didn't get hurt on the play but it very easily could have ended much more ugly than it did when you take into consideration how defenseless White was at the time and the difference in their size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao1hEl7peH0

Not even a Patriot-hater but there is no place in the game for plays like that... no matter how many points he scores for your fantasy football team.

It's page 87 right now. 

Gronk was a singular talent in the NFL and will be in the HoF. That much should be obvious to anybody reading, but I love the question about Tony G up above and longevity.  

I guess I may be in the minority here.

If I had the choice between a 22yo Gonzalez for 254 starts or Gronk for 100 starts it wouldn't take me two seconds to choose Gonzales. Throw in the fact I've never seen Gonzalez do anything like the cheap hit on Tre'Davious White by Gronk and it makes it an even easier decision between the two. White didn't get hurt on the play but it very easily could have ended much more ugly than it did when you take into consideration how defenseless White was at the time and the difference in their size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao1hEl7peH0

Not even a Patriot-hater but there is no place in the game for plays like that... no matter how many points he scores for your fantasy football team.
Forgot about that play. It that looks like he was pissed off about being held a few times on that play but you're right. He could have broken White's neck doing that.

On his second night of retirement from professional football, Rob Gronkowski wore a tuxedo inside the Omni Shoreham ballroom and walked to a dais. He had come to Washington on Tuesday night to receive an award at the USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore’s 37th Annual Awards Dinner, an honor that required the now-former New England Patriots tight end to give a speech.

At the microphone, Gronkowski told the roomful of generals, Medal of Honor recipients, big-money sponsors and military personnel clad in black-tie formal about a visit he had made that afternoon to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

“I mean, I thought I went through a lot in my life,” Gronkowski said. “Today, I saw a troop who lost both of his legs tell me he wants to get the movement back in his legs and get prosthetics in, and get back out there and kill some mother-------.”

The room responded with gasps, a burst of spit-take laughter and shrieks of approval.

“That’s what he told me!” Gronkowski said.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's page 87 right now. 

Gronk was a singular talent in the NFL and will be in the HoF. That much should be obvious to anybody reading, but I love the question about Tony G up above and longevity.  
I agree. I wish Gronk all the best and he must have some amazing stories about all chicks he has encountered.

Yeah, that’s not the look of somebody who’s going to be blocking a 275lb linebacker.

😂

Big change, looks good

Maybe he's slimming down to play faster for all we know....he'll be back at some point I suspect 

He'll never get his body back to pro TE size after letting the mass fall off that much imo. He's done and he's said as much. It is almost a full-time job keeping that mass on your body as a pro athlete, especially with all the nagging injuries he had (though his increased size probably led to a lot of those injuries--I bet he walks around with a ton less pain now that there's less weight on his frame). 

Just watch, something similar will happen to JJ Watt the moment he's out of the league. His entire life is basically about taking care of his body and keeping it where it's at for his career. He's going to shrink big time, just like guys like Howie Long after this hit TV after retirement. 

He'll never get his body back to pro TE size after letting the mass fall off that much imo. He's done and he's said as much. It is almost a full-time job keeping that mass on your body as a pro athlete, especially with all the nagging injuries he had (though his increased size probably led to a lot of those injuries--I bet he walks around with a ton less pain now that there's less weight on his frame). 

Just watch, something similar will happen to JJ Watt the moment he's out of the league. His entire life is basically about taking care of his body and keeping it where it's at for his career. He's going to shrink big time, just like guys like Howie Long after this hit TV after retirement. 

PEDs dude. Hes not on them. He could back right back up in 2-3 months on your run of the mill test but the stuff he has access to ($$$) is far better and cleaner. 

Recent pictures of the former tight end looked like he had undergone a dramatic weight loss. After being listed at 268 pounds last season, Gronkowski told Eisen he's lost weight, but not as much as the picture suggests.

"I'm actually down to 250 right now ..." he said before addressing the picture. "It must've been the angle or the shirt that was on me. I ain't that skinny that the picture going around [shows]. I have definitely lost some weight. I've been 260 since I was 18 years old, from 260 to like 270. I just always wanted to see what it feels like to get down, to feel light, to feel loose."

Reading that, I think he’s coming back for sure
I'll admit, it is interesting that he felt the need to defend what his weight may be, as if the Pats are maybe paying attention.

Then again it might have just been an unflattering photo from his point of view and he's saying "nah that's not what I look like, I look way better" lol

I'll admit, it is interesting that he felt the need to defend what his weight may be, as if the Pats are maybe paying attention.

Then again it might have just been an unflattering photo from his point of view and he's saying "nah that's not what I look like, I look way better" lol
I think he's likely defending the health of his weight loss, too, as that looked drastic and unhealthy, even, considering where he started. Awful lot of weight to lose that quickly. Tops for healthy weight loss is about two lbs per week.

I think he's likely defending the health of his weight loss, too, as that looked drastic and unhealthy, even, considering where he started. Awful lot of weight to lose that quickly. Tops for healthy weight loss is about two lbs per week.
Looks plenty healthy to me. He looks great for a large civilian, just underweight for a guy who dominates at TE.

He’s only 30. I think he’ll come back. Even a 32 year old Gronkowski coming back is going to command a monster contract.

Big fan of the Gronkowski takes as many steroids as he wants and rejoins the Patriots just in time for the playoffs narrative. 😂

A "source close to Rob Gronkowski" puts his chances of playing at some point in 2019 at 40 percent.

Gronk has already lost 18 pounds (per Gronk), but he has hardly slammed the door shut on suiting up at some point this season. It can be safely assumed the 30-year-old will sit out camp and the preseason. Ultimately, Gronk is worth a speculative fantasy draft pick in only the deepest of leagues. Any comeback would take place later in the year and almost certainly begin with a limited role on offense.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Jul 16, 2019, 2:28 PM ET

Retired TE Rob Gronkowski didn't rule out returning to the NFL this season.

Gronkowski is "pain-free" for the first time in a decade. He didn't shoot down a potential comeback, but says he doesn't see it in the "foreseeable future." Offseason reports have pegged Gronk's chances of returning at around 40 percent, and there's been rumblings some in the Patriots front office expect him to cave. With Ben Watson suspended the first month and Matt LaCosse sidelined, it wouldn't be surprising if the Patriots try to lure Gronk out of retirement.

SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter

Aug 27, 2019, 10:25 AM ET

Retired TE Rob Gronkowski said he "could play right now" physically but would need to feel the "desire to play" before making a comeback.

"Even if I didn’t leave the door open, people are going to be like, when are you coming back," Gronk said on his retirement status. "I’m just going to keep the door open then. I could play right now. I’m there physically. I would have to literally just feel that desire – just feel that mentally to be back out there." A slimmed down Gronk is currently at 245 pounds. He's pain-free for the first time since entering the league and thinks his conditioning is a non-issue. It's possible Gronkowski could start to get second thoughts once the real games start. The Patriots haven't made any attempts to lure Gronk out of retirement, but that may change as the season moves along.

Dominate with our Draft Guide: Where would Gronk fall in our TE tiers?

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 30, 2019, 5:38 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread