What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (1 Viewer)

That second TD was a bad throw but gronk should have had it. It was almost as if he started thinking of celebrating before he secured it.
It was deflected. Brady was late or didn't lead Gronk enough and the defender got a piece of it.
I know it was deflected, but Gronk still had it in his hands, pulled it down with one hand and just flat out dropped it.

I remember watching the replay several times and thinking that it should have been an easy TD.

Wish I could find a replay of it, but can't from my phone at the moment.
While it's true Gronk easily could have (and probably should have) had that one, I feel like no one deserves the benefit of the doubt more than the guy who has scored 35 touchdowns in his last 37 games (38 in 41 counting the playoffs). Nobody's going to convert 100% of his chances.

Since 2011, Gronk averages 0.95 touchdowns per game. That's tops in the league at any position, and the only other guys above 0.80 are all RBs (Lynch at 0.88, Peterson at 0.86, Foster at 0.82, Shady at 0.80). Graham, Charles, Dez, and Calvin all check in between 0.70 and 0.80. The difference between Rob Gronkowski and the closest non-RB (Jimmy Graham at 0.76) amounts to 3 TDs every 16 games.

A 2-TD game would have been pretty nice, but if history tells us anything, it's that there'll still be plenty of them in his future.

When the catches come, the TDs will too.

Career -- 358 catches 47 TDs. Which is one every 5.5 reception.

2014 -- 11 catches and 2 TDs. One every 5.5 receptions.
I love stats. Thanks for sharing that. I have a feeling a huge Monday night game is on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
sent out feelers in my league just to gauge what they thought of Gronk's value. Was offered Colston. Yeah, that's not good but the guy offering it has odd views of players sometimes. What are some of your leagues showing Gronk's trade value at currently?
in a 2qb standard scoring league a guy had gronk and graham and no 2nd qb after luck due to rg3 injury. last week i offered him cousins for gronk and he told me to eff myself so i guess ppl value him pretty highly.

sent out feelers in my league just to gauge what they thought of Gronk's value. Was offered Colston. Yeah, that's not good but the guy offering it has odd views of players sometimes. What are some of your leagues showing Gronk's trade value at currently?
Colston? :o See, I told ya last week was the week to sell....

Why anyone would be looking to sell Gronk as he's starting to get over the game shape hump is beyond me. I'd be willing to buy but I think it'd cost me too much.
Because Brady looks like he's about done, and the rest of the NE offense doesn't look great. Gronk now has a ceiling. Before he had basically no ceiling. You had to deal with his health but when he was in there it was an orgy of fantasy points.

I don't completely agree with this, but that's the argument

Almost traded him for keenan allen and ben tate but then i came to my senses.
One more week and you will take that and a bag of chips.
damn wish i did, my backup is donnell
Gronk is scoring more than Allen with half the snaps. Tate will have a very short leash and will share more carries than originally projected.

If you think Donnell can keep it up, I think it's wise to explore Gronk's value, at least (in addition to Donnell's). But not to ship him for a WR2/RB3 tandem.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/09/the_long_and_short_of_it_rob_g.html

On Saturday, I watched the film of every Gronkowski target in 2013 compared with every target in 2014. Here’s what I found:

By far the biggest difference between Gronkowski in 2013 and Gronkowski in early ’14 is the distribution of his targets.

When separated into three categories — short, intermediate and deep — Gronkowski’s targets looked like this in 2013: 16 short, 26 intermediate, 25 deep.

In 2014, it looks like this: 10 short, 7 intermediate, 6 deep.

You can almost feel a breakout game for Brady and Gronk tonight.
It's a prime time game and they've had some time to theoretically work on their offense while getting Gronk into better shape.

I wonder how much that "prime time" thing is just in our heads as fans though.

Either way a big night for those two will give me one more spot in the current standings via points scored tiebreaker (I already won, flexing Donnell was the key)

Dobson and Thompkins being inactive just means more volume for Gronk IMO. They didn't exactly fill the same roles but more looks to go around.

So glad I picked him up in the third instead of Antonio Brown.
Same here. Waste of a 3rd round pick at this point. He's gonna break out any week now....any week, or so we're told.
IF he finishes well today he'll have had 3 successful weeks out of 4 though. I mean, 10+ points in standard formats for a TE is a good week. But considering we could have had people like Brown (or Julius) it is certainly looking like a less than optimal choice.

Well at this rate, you could have justified taking Antonio Brown with the # 1 overall pick. Hindsight is 20/20. Let's at least give Gronk the 2nd half. As the other poster said, his fantasy numbers for a tight end have not been that bad so far.

Well at this rate, you could have justified taking Antonio Brown with the # 1 overall pick. Hindsight is 20/20. Let's at least give Gronk the 2nd half. As the other poster said, his fantasy numbers for a tight end have not been that bad so far.
Yeah, 1 more half. He's TE11 in ppg in my league.

So glad I picked him up in the third instead of Antonio Brown.
Same here. Waste of a 3rd round pick at this point. He's gonna break out any week now....any week, or so we're told.
Be thankful you didn't waste 1st and 2nd rd picks one after another on him this year (does include 16 teasers and 2 pt/rec leagues). He's got to be on 50% plus of my teams. He's taking my entire season down in flames.

I may explore moving him for Donnell/Olsen/Kelce. Getting desperate as Green is my other option on my bench. Sometimes you have to cut bait before you end up missing the playoffs.

Was Gronk even on the field that 1st series of the 2nd half?? Looks like they went 5 wide and I didn't see him in on those 3 plays.

true but people that drafted Gronk were looking for more than "not bad TE numbers" from him.
Of course.

But we also understood that it was likely to be a low start to the season as he worked his way back into football shape from the knee injury.

IF he gets 10+ points today like he did in weeks 1 and 3, he will be a 'plus' starter at TE so far this season, at least.

Almost traded him for keenan allen and ben tate but then i came to my senses.
One more week and you will take that and a bag of chips.
damn wish i did, my backup is donnell
Keep Gronk; trade Donnell.
Why?
Preseason ADP correlates better with rest-of-year production than early-season production does.
Gotta be true since there's a link to it.

With 10 minutes to go in the 4th Q of a game they've trailed the entire time, Gronk has 2 targets for 1 catch of 18 yards. If his name wasn't "Gronkowski", how much more time would you suggest, Adam, we give him? 2 targets. He's either still hurt or he's not a big part of the game plan.

Users who are viewing this thread