What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (2 Viewers)

David Fleming of ESPN wrote this.

But I've seen enough to know that if the Houston Texans All-Pro defensive end ever wanted to switch to the other side of the ball and go back to his original position of tight end, he would never be as good as, say, the Patriots Rob Gronkowski.

He'd be better. Much, much better.
Hilariously dumb.
It's like discussions 12 year old kids have on the playground now become internet articles. I see this crap all the time and it's incredibly annoying.

Lafell is banged up too and the Jets can't cover anyone, especially the middle of the field. He should be in for a big day. The only issue may be if they go up big early and just decide to run the ball. Hoping he gets his yards/TD early

Not sure I'll pull out my game. No regrets on Gronk even with the middle of the road performance. I got told I reached at the beginning of the 3rd I wonder where he would go if my league drafted today?

Not sure I'll pull out my game. No regrets on Gronk even with the middle of the road performance. I got told I reached at the beginning of the 3rd I wonder where he would go if my league drafted today?
Thanks for telling us you have no regrets about drafting Gronk. :rolleyes:

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski - TE - Patriots

Rob Gronkowski played on every offensive snap in Week 16, the first time he's done that this season.

It puts a bow on a remarkable rehab off Gronk's ACL and MCL reconstruction 12 months ago. Proving more beast than human, he's played in every single game this season and has posted an 82-1,124-12 line. Gronkowski is fantasy's No. 1 scoring tight end by a whopping margin over No. 2 Antonio Gates and No. 3 Jimmy Graham. His status for Week 17 could depend on the result of Monday Night Football. If the Bengals can upset the Broncos, the Patriots clinch the AFC's No. 1 seed.

Source: ESPN Boston

Dec 22 - 10:03 AM

Rotoworld:

The Boston Globe's Ben Volin believes Rob Gronkowski will receive "little-to-no playing time" in the Patriots' season finale against the Bills.

With nothing on the line Week 17, it makes little sense for the Patriots to play their dynamic but oft-injured tight end. Gronkowski could very well put up a goose egg Week 17, making him unplayable in both seasonal and daily formats. Tim Wright will likely see a bump in snaps with Gronk limited, but would be a poor option against the Bills' suffocating pass defense.

Source: Ben Volin on Twitter

Dec 27 - 10:01 AM

Anyone remember Mark Bavaro? 1986 (age 23) - 66/1001/4 (15.2 YPR) 1987 (age 24) - 73/1153/11* (15.8 YPR) *pro-rated over a 16 game season
Gronk doesn't have a degenerative knee condition.
The reason he fell to the Patriots in the 2nd round was because some teams believed he had a degenerative back condition. He is no having his 2nd back surgery in 4 years. I would be just as concerned about recurring back problems as I would knee problems.
i got the feeling that in about 2 yrs he'll be a shell of what he once was
Been almost 2 years is Gronk a shell of his former self yet ?

I can't imagine that he won't recover from the ACL before meaningful games in September but I agree with you in that I will likely avoid him going forward. Knee injuries on big men=big problems.
yeap, it'll be the same thing all over again. Pretty much replay this whole thread again and again.

There will be those that justify avoiding him and then there will be those that justify taking him; there'll be name calling and shouting. Gronk will be a ? all summer long, comeback have a couple of good games and then something else will go wrong.
:goodposting:

exactly why I'll be avoiding him
Yeah, its going to be real hard picking him ever again. The talent is there but you'll be holding your breath ever game.
Wasn't too hard for me to pick him in the 3rd round this year and he helped me win $200,000.

Glad I wasn't afraid.

Thanks Gronk!

As I mentioned last year, some of this could be an extension of Gronk wanting a better contract. He is not getting paid all that much in the short term ($3.75 million salary this year) but is due a $10 million bonus in 2016 (when he would start making a lot more salary and bonuses). He could essentially have a two year deal from NE and not see the rest of his contract.
i think he has to play in games to get a better contract.
IMO Gronk knows he's out of NE after this year.
Both are good points; the player knows hes getting cut after this season so does he A) comeback early from injury and risk another season ending on IR or B) layback and take his time so hes healthy for an end of season push which will hurt his market.

I'm so glad I'm not on this rollercoster ride anymore... 1st hes ahead of schedule, now hes going to take his time. Just like last yr all over again and now you gotta worry about if hes going to be on the Pats after the season. :topcat:
How is that Nicks rollercoaster ride going for ya ?

Rob Gronkowski is tied for the 6th most receiving TDs through age 27 in NFL history.

Rob Gronkowski is 25.
He got a shot at #1?
Nah, no shot. He'd need 36 TDs over the next two years to catch Moss. He's actually ahead of Moss's TD per game pace, but the 14 missed games pretty much torpedoed his chances.

2nd place is pretty much a formality at this point, though. Rice is the current holder with 66 through age 27. Gronk's at 54, so he only needs 12 TDs in the next two years to tie it, 13 to earn it outright. Dez is also sitting at 54, but Dez is 26, so as long as Gronk scores more TDs in the next two years than Dez has in the next year, Gronk will pull ahead. None of this counts Gronk's "rushing" TD either (originally ruled a receiving TD, upon later review changed by Elias to a backward lateral and a rushing score).

In terms of TDs/G through age 27, Alworth has 0.93, Rice has 0.87, and then Gronk and Moss are basically tenths of a percentage point apart at 0.83. Bullet Bob Hayes at 0.77, Dez at 0.73, Jimmy Graham at 0.66, and those are the only guys to top 2/3s of a TD per game over that stretch. Again, none of that counts Gronk's "rushing" TD, but he's not special in that regard; Alworth had a pair of rushing scores of his own, and Rice actually had FOUR rushing TDs in his first four years in the league, (and 10 for his entire career).

Doesn't sound like he is going to play much today. Heads up for those, like me, who have a league with a week 17 championship (one of mine does a 16/17 two week). Picking up Ertz now. :)

As I mentioned last year, some of this could be an extension of Gronk wanting a better contract. He is not getting paid all that much in the short term ($3.75 million salary this year) but is due a $10 million bonus in 2016 (when he would start making a lot more salary and bonuses). He could essentially have a two year deal from NE and not see the rest of his contract.
Both are good points; the player knows hes getting cut after this season so does he A) comeback early from injury and risk another season ending on IR or B) layback and take his time so hes healthy for an end of season push which will hurt his market.

I'm so glad I'm not on this rollercoster ride anymore... 1st hes ahead of schedule, now hes going to take his time. Just like last yr all over again and now you gotta worry about if hes going to be on the Pats after the season. :topcat:
:confused:

did I miss some news?

:confused:

did I miss some news?
No, just silly speculation.

"A Gronking to Remember: Book One in the Rob Gronkowski Erotica Series"

Now available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gronking-Remember-Gronkowski-Erotica-Series-ebook/dp/B00RN7TNHE

Just missed getting it for the GF this Christmas.

ETA the 'Book Description'

Leigh has a serious problem. And it’s driving a “spike” between her and her husband Dan.

When Leigh wanders into the room where her husband and his friends are watching a football game, her life changes forever, because at that exact moment, NFL’s one-man wrecking ball, Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots, scores a touchdown and does his patented “Gronk Spike”—his notorious monster smashing of a football. When the ball shoots into the stratosphere, Leigh’s heart goes apitter-patter and she becomes seriously turned on.

Now normally-sheepish Leigh can’t stop thinking about it. She’d never given a second thought to football, but now the primal power of the Gronk Spike, and this raw monster of a man, Rob Gronkowski, is all that she wants, and she’ll stop at nothing until the romance of a lifetime is hers!

Find out the lengths people will go to fulfill their fantasies in this super-sexy, sex-filled story of wanton lust with a super-sexy, sex-filled happy ending.

If you read one book about Rob Gronkowski this year, make it “Growing Up Gronk.” But if you read two books about Rob Gronkowski this year, make the second one “A Gronking to Remember!”

Warning: Contains some sexually graphic scenes as well as the misuse of American footballs that will leave you wet, hard and everything in between. Sports!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you are a connoisseur of Patriots tight-end themed erotica like I am, it has been a long, dry period these past few years. Of course, the pinnacle of the genre--2011's "A Tale of Two Tight Ends" is unlikely to have a sequel written (unless it's prison-based...idea!). So I've had to muck about with subpar offerings from fans of other teams. "Doinking Connor Barth", "A Teddy for Bridgewater", even the highly acclaimed "Giving Aaron Rodgers (Cheese)Head"...none of these measure up when you are a die-hard Pats jacker like I am.

That's why "A Gronking to Remember" is so refreshing. It's a 9-route into my heart and loins. It's as if Ms. Noonan gazed into my wanting soul and delivered exactly the sort of sweaty Gronk-pounded jizzfest that all Pats fans can be proud of and indeed embrace. The plotting is intricate--the reader is never quite sure where Gronk will Gronk her next! And once the Gronking hits its climax (pun intended LOLOLOL), the thematic tension has built to a point where I had no idea where he was going to spike! The characterization is also fantastic. Just like a regular season game in London, the journey is long and arduous, but this book will probably have more fans and is more fulfilling.

So whether you're a New England housewife looking to spice things up, another closeted Pats fan looking for some good spank material (no judging), or Roger Goodell lying sleepless in a lonely New York hotel room again, this book has all the satisfying Gronking you'd ever want and need. You will laugh, you will cry, you will wish that NFL players didn't have legal protections over their names, images and likenesses. HIGHLY recommended.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski caught 7-of-13 targets for 108 yards and a touchdown in New England's Divisional Round win over the Ravens.

Baltimore sent legions of defenders at New England's mountainous tight end, but it made no difference. As good as ever even though he's just 13 months removed from blowing out his knee, Gronk will be a must play in DFS cash games for conference title week.

Jan 10 - 8:46 PM

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski caught three passes for 28 yards with a touchdown in Sunday's AFC Championship Game win over the Colts.

The Colts did nothing special to try to stop Gronk, which made it quite odd that he had zero catches at halftime. He did just miss on two end-zone targets, one that was knocked away by Vontae Davis and another that he couldn't get his feet down in-bounds. Of course, Gronk always gets his spike as he caught a five-yard slant from Tom Brady to give the Patriots a 31-7 lead in the fourth quarter. Despite multiple back surgeries, a broken forearm and a torn ACL, Gronk now has an incredible 49 touchdowns in his last 55 games (including playoffs). He's obviously a good bet to spike against the Seahawks in the Feb. 1 Super Bowl.

Jan 18 - 11:50 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski caught three passes for 28 yards with a touchdown in Sunday's AFC Championship Game win over the Colts.

The Colts did nothing special to try to stop Gronk, which made it quite odd that he had zero catches at halftime. He did just miss on two end-zone targets, one that was knocked away by Vontae Davis and another that he couldn't get his feet down in-bounds. Of course, Gronk always gets his spike as he caught a five-yard slant from Tom Brady to give the Patriots a 31-7 lead in the fourth quarter. Despite multiple back surgeries, a broken forearm and a torn ACL, Gronk now has an incredible 49 touchdowns in his last 55 games (including playoffs). He's obviously a good bet to spike against the Seahawks in the Feb. 1 Super Bowl.

Jan 18 - 11:50 PM
He's only played the Seahawks once and didn't have a TD.

Users who are viewing this thread