What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (1 Viewer)

Oh, nice. I'd love to see that as a Gronk owner.

I can see Brady being motivated to throw five touchdowns and maybe even sneak one in, but I don't think he'll care who they go to. Would love to see at least two for Gronk, though.

If Rob Gronkowski scores five more touchdowns over the final nine games, he will rank top-5 all-time in receiving touchdowns through age 28.

Rob Gronkowski is 26.

Beginning to think Gronk is not a complete lock to put up numbers in the short term given the Patriots OL issues. Has been forced to block more and team may start to run more, especially with Lewis done for the season. Should be back to normal in another three weeks when the linemen come back.

Beginning to think Gronk is not a complete lock to put up numbers in the short term given the Patriots OL issues. Has been forced to block more and team may start to run more, especially with Lewis done for the season. Should be back to normal in another three weeks when the linemen come back.
He has about as good of a match-up a TE can have this week. I think he will be fine.

Not everyone plays straight fantasy. Some people play DFS. Other people play dynasty and have other good options besides Gronk. On my teams, I have Gronk and Eifert. I suspect he will be a mere mortal over the next few weeks. Not saying people should bench him for Larry Donnell . . .

Not everyone plays straight fantasy. Some people play DFS. Other people play dynasty and have other good options besides Gronk. On my teams, I have Gronk and Eifert. I suspect he will be a mere mortal over the next few weeks. Not saying people should bench him for Larry Donnell . . .
I have Gronk in three leagues this year. In those leagues I have Barnidge in one, Eifert in another, and both Barnidge and Eifert in the third.

I will start Rob Gronkowski every single week in every single one of those leagues without hesitation for the rest of the season, barring injury. The only way Eifert or Barnidge will see my lineup is through my flex spot. Really, one of the very, very few no-brainer roster decisions I face every week, where I can just lock him down and move on.

I actually think you may have a point here, but I am not really worried as he is too good and too important to their passing game.

I wouldn't read into this past week much, it kinda felt like they knew from the start they were in no danger of losing but didn't care enough to try to run up the score. Like a half game and half scrimmage.

Seems like he is blocking on a lot more pass plays than I remember so far. A little concerning, hope he gets his.

Man. That was brutal. I agree 100% that we need the O-Line to get healthy. Now that Rexy has shown the world that exotic blitzes can put pressure on Brady and contain Gronk, I think more teams will try it. Hopefully Belichick will have a good answer for this in the future, but basically, keeping Brady upright is the key to Gronk's fantasy output.

Pats recently signed Fauria to the PS. I could see them signing him to the active roster and using Michaels to block with Chandler, Fauria and Gronk as receivers in their 4 TE formation.

Gotta give Gronk a chance and their receivers a breather.

Is it crazy to consider benching Gronk this week? Denvers D line is legit and after last weeks showing against Buff, the blueprint has been set to slow down the pats. Thinking of starting Reed over Gronk. Crazy talk?

The Cowboys, Jets, Dolphins and Bills earlier in the season had the same gameplan. The Pats were slowed down by the deficiency of their own offense. If Dola plays I like Gronk. If he doesn't I dont. But obviously start him regardless.

The Cowboys, Jets, Dolphins and Bills earlier in the season had the same gameplan. The Pats were slowed down by the deficiency of their own offense. If Dola plays I like Gronk. If he doesn't I dont. But obviously start him regardless.
The Pats were slowed down by the deficiency of their own offense? Lol. Unworthy opponents (i.e all) should just forfeit since only the Pats can beat the Pats.

Faust said:
I'm curious what school of tackling would allow a defender to target a knee swinging through the air. Of course it wasnt dirty.
I'm a Gronk owner and a Pats fan and that hit was not dirty in the slightest. Just one of those freak plays that are bound to happen every once in a while when grown men are hurling their bodies at each other at top speed.

It's clear the defender was targeting his shoulder and glanced off into his knee that was flying awkwardly past his body.

No intent means not dirty.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Rob Gronkowski (knee) is "unlikely to miss more than one game" and "may not even miss that."

Reports on Gronk injury have mostly been positive, but this news is better than anyone could have hoped after the tight end was carted off the field Sunday night. It sounds like Gronkowski got good news from his MRI Monday morning, but the full results are not yet know. His status will continue to be updated throughout the week.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Nov 30 - 11:23 AM

Talk about best-case scenario! :excited:

I can't remember a player writhing in pain like that and getting carted off and then hearing it was minor. Huge relief.
With the cold, maybe the shoulder pad hit the knee hard enough that it was a combination of pain and being scared. As I watched it in slow motion, I didn't see any unnatural bend in the leg during the hit or when he landed. I thought maybe he dislocated his knee cap. The way he was tapping the trainer's arms when he was feeling around his knee, is what made me think that. ACL/MCL tears never seem to be particularly painful. Patella tendons must be really painful. Both Victor Cruz and Jimmy Graham both seemed to be in major pain.

I can't remember a player writhing in pain like that and getting carted off and then hearing it was minor. Huge relief.
The only one I could think of was Jeremy Maclin last year but he didn't get carted off. He went down and everyone thought he tore the acl again but post-game he said he felt something and was down more in fear than anything else

Yeah i smell something fishy. He was in big time pain.
Give yourself a good whack on the kneecap with something hard. On second thought, dont do that.

Im still concerned that there may be a tendon strain, but bone bruise and fear could also explain what we all saw.
That knee cap didnt look like it stayed where god put it on that hit. But his tendons might be looser than they ought to be after his past surgeries.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski - TE - Patriots

ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini reports Rob Gronkowski is "week to week," and dealing with more of a bruise than a tear.

Based on multiple reports, it appears Gronk will miss Week 13, but has avoided major injury. With the Super Bowl being all that matter for the Patriots, it's possible they could exercise extreme caution and hold Gronk out for more than one game, but he will almost certainly be back before the conclusion of the fantasy playoffs. Scott Chandler is a solid waiver wire add for Week 13.

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter

Nov 30 - 2:41 PM

Just because it's the Patriots, I keep fearing that we're getting the run around, and Gronk is destined to be a "game-time decision, late inactive" the rest of the year and then we'll hear about surgery in the offseason.

I'm a Gronk owner and a John Brown owner...shades of "active/DNP" make me jumpy this season.

Considering we never hear about injuries to Patriot players and all we've heard all day from everyone source under the sun is "it's minor, he'll miss zero/one games" I'm calling BS and that he misses 3-6 weeks.

Just because it's the Patriots, I keep fearing that we're getting the run around, and Gronk is destined to be a "game-time decision, late inactive" the rest of the year and then we'll hear about surgery in the offseason.

I'm a Gronk owner and a John Brown owner...shades of "active/DNP" make me jumpy this season.
Playing for rings, they wanna play Denver in NE.

I have never seen a player writhe in pain like that, get taken off on a cart, only to be diagnosed with a bruise thereafter. Literally, I can't think of one.

Users who are viewing this thread