Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are no good answers, but I think casually threatening nuclear war is an especially bad answer.

The dilemma here is that everyone is painting everyone else into a corner. Jong-un can't be seen backing down to the US threats, or he will lose his grip on power - which may be good for the worl

You see Matthew, the former is bad because the black guy did it. Hope that helps. Matthew Dowd‏Verified account @matthewjdowd 4h4 hours ago Let me get this straight: we got tons of concessio

8 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

At least Trump didn't give a bunch of concessions & money to NK like Clinton & Madeline

He suspended military exercises for nothing in return. At least ole' Bill and George weren't that stupid

1 minute ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

While I posted at the time and still am generally OK with it, Trump gave North Korea the one concession they have long wanted most - the prestige of a one on one with the US.

And suspended military exercises with South Korea.

For nothing

The emperor has no clothes

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

While I posted at the time and still am generally OK with it, Trump gave North Korea the one concession they have long wanted most - the prestige of a one on one with the US.

yea, North Korea is really respected a LOT more because we met with them.  give me a break.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

He tried & failed just like everyone before him.  So he should have not tried?   At least Trump didn't give a bunch of concessions & money to NK like Clinton & Madeline.  They were played like a fiddle.  Trump's mistake?  Telling us that that NK was going to abandon their nukes.  Outrage over no deal with North Korea???   Come on guys, let's get back to debasing Sarah Sanders for being fat & stupid.

Of course. This is why Bush and Obama didn't give him legitimacy which is what they wanted, and what they got, for free.   Oh and his picture is probably still hanging in the Oval Office.  Think about that. 

2 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

yea, North Korea is really respected a LOT more because we met with them.  give me a break.

What good came out of the conference?  Trump really billed it as his Mission Accomplished moment.  What happened?  Why'd we spend all the money to go there? 

Trump lowered our flag (literally) to be level with a brutal dictator's flag.  Putin must have been laughing his ### off.  Trump likes to talk about respecting the flag, and he equated it visually to North Korea's.   Such a traitor.  

Edited by Sabertooth
5 minutes ago, msommer said:

He suspended military exercises for nothing in return. At least ole' Bill and George weren't that stupid

yea, those exercise are lost forever & we will never get them back.  Your right, a HUGE mistake.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

What good came out of the conference?  Trump really billed it as his Mission Accomplished moment.  What happened.  Why'd we spend all the money to go there? 

Trump lowered our flag (literally) to be level with a brutal dictator's flag.  Putin must have been laughing his ### off.  

The horror!

• Like 1

So Trump supporters have now gone from rubbing in everyone's face what a great job Trump did with NK to "well, he tried"?  How about all the lies we were told?  How about using soldiers' remains as propaganda? How about pulling our troops out of SK, which is something China and Russia both wanted?  And what did we get? More Trump lies.

Almost forgot....#winning?

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

So Trump supporters have now gone from rubbing in everyone's face what a great job Trump did with NK to "well, he tried"?  How about all the lies we were told?  How about using soldiers' remains as propaganda? How about pulling our troops out of SK, which is something China and Russia both wanted?  And what did we get? More Trump lies.

Yeah I'm glad you guys are already celebrating that NK is still a nuclear power (very weird thing to celebrate but whatever floats your boat), but this whole situation is not over yet. How about we give it some more time.

Just now, That one guy said:

Question:  where does the belief that NK actually has verifiable remains of soldiers to return to us?  Has such a possession been confirmed in any way?

None.  It was just more of that "respecting the military" Trump does so well.

Just now, Weebs210 said:

Yeah I'm glad you guys are already celebrating that NK is still a nuclear power (very weird thing to celebrate but whatever floats your boat), but this whole situation is not over yet. How about we give it some more time.

You wanna address the lies?  Or are we cool with appeasing China and Russia for nothing in return?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

yea, those exercise are lost forever & we will never get them back.  Your right, a HUGE mistake.  

Well, we'll have to wait until Trump eats a little crow for them to come back I guess

:popcorn: 

7 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Stop. You Trumpites were already spiking the football and suggesting a nobel prize for this months ago.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Workhorse said:

Stop. You Trumpites were already spiking the football and suggesting a nobel prize for this months ago.

No. You gimmegrant supporters are declaring victory prematurely.

Edited by Weebs210
1 hour ago, Tom Hagen said:

After you got a meeting with the President why would you bother meeting with the Secretary of State. <_<

Because one of them is an enormous idiot unable to formulate coherent sentences and has the attention span of a sugar-crazed toddler and the other is Mike Pompeo

Edited by packersfan
6 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Oh right! That explains why we cheered on Trump when he was bragging about having bigger nuclear bombs and calling KJU names.

Makes sense.

You hated him for threating nuclear war. You hated him for trying to negotiate peace. What exactly do you want again?

3 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

You hated him for threating nuclear war. You hated him for trying to negotiate peace. What exactly do you want again?

Honesty and not  hyperbole?  Not recognizing a madman as some kind of great leader?  Not constantly criticizing how former US leaders handled the situation?  Some humility perhaps?

Is that really so much to ask?

• Like 7
57 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

He tried & failed just like everyone before him.  So he should have not tried?   At least Trump didn't give a bunch of concessions & money to NK like Clinton & Madeline.  They were played like a fiddle.  Trump's mistake?  Telling us that that NK was going to abandon their nukes.  Outrage over no deal with North Korea???   Come on guys, let's get back to debasing Sarah Sanders for being fat & stupid.

Definitely should have tried talks.

Definitely should not have called our joint military exercises "provocative."

Definitely should not have agreed to halt our joint military exercises without consulting the US military or the South Koreans.

Definitely should not have praised KJU as someone who "loves his people".

Probably should not have immediately begun the campaign for the Nobel Peace Prize.

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

This isn't quite accurate....at least for me.  I don't hate the guy.  I just think he's a moron and proves it almost every day.  What I dislike about this entire thing is the lack of understanding of the problem, the people involved and how to go about it.  The "trying" was severely lacking and a waste of resources.  Why even bother?  Then there's the threat of war which everyone knows isn't/wasn't going to happen.  He placated a murdering dictator.  Remember when this was about the treatment of the people in his country?  Yeah, that was the initial issue...and none of that has changed.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

No. You gimmegrant supporters are declaring victory prematurely.

False...we pissed Trump lied (again) and it was clearly his supporters that prematurely declared victory and are not making excuses.

1 hour ago, Amused to Death said:

Troops being pulled out of North Korea?  News to me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Honesty and not  hyperbole?  Not recognizing a madman as some kind of great leader?  Not constantly criticizing how former US leaders handled the situation?  Some humility perhaps?

Is that really so much to ask?

This is my biggest issue.  Trump's constant patting himself on his back and criticizing others but the worst was saying if it wasn't for him we would be at war with North Korea.

I don't understand how so many people can be in love with this guy.

• Like 1

"Well he tried!"  Great, where's our freaking participation trophy?

The troops Trump pulled out North Korea got it.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

Troops being pulled out of North Korea?  News to me.

News to me too, I said SK which is something Trump's discussed and I thought was part of the mysterious NK summit agreement.

1 minute ago, Amused to Death said:

News to me too, I said SK which is something Trump's discussed and I thought was part of the mysterious NK summit agreement.

Sorry, meant SK.   So when did he pull troops out of South Korea as you previously mentioned?

• Like 1
Just now, irishidiot said:

sorry, you already answered.  No pulling of troops.

You know what would be nice?  To see an actual agreement which supposedly exists.  Are we getting the remains of our troops back or was that just being used as propaganda?  What exactly did NK agree to that prompted Trump to declare we now sleep better at night?

1 hour ago, irishidiot said:

He kind of claimed a big W on it and seems to have taken an L. Are we giving out participation trophies now?

"Hey you gave it the ol' college try, nice job" 

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Wait so did we or did we not get back the remains of soldiers? 

:lmao: What?  No.  How would that even happen? You’re talking about 65 year old remains in an oceanic climate of roughly 65-70% humidity. There aren’t any remains. 

• Like 1
Just now, Henry Ford said:

:lmao: What?  No.  How would that even happen? You’re talking about 65 year old remains in an oceanic climate of roughly 65-70% humidity. There aren’t any remains. 

Sorry Trump said hundreds of families stopped him on the campaign trail and said they wanted their sons’ remains returned.

• Like 2
Just now, Henry Ford said:

Wait a minute, we were told the parents of these dead soldiers thanked him for it.  Don't tell me he actually used the remains of our dead soldiers (who he respects so much) as pure propaganda.  Shocking development if true.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Ashes? I was told we were getting remains. I just want it on record that Trump was right or wrong on this. 

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

I asked the question earlier as I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it explained:  where did this issue of remains originate?  How would we verify such things?

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Ashes? I was told we were getting remains. I just want it on record that Trump was right or wrong on this. 

:lmao: No.  No, we don’t have any of our soldier’s ashes from North Korea in individual urns saved up for this glorious day. 

Just now, That one guy said:

I asked the question earlier as I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it explained:  where did this issue of remains originate?  How would we verify such things?

I’d say science, but we’d have to wait for a Democrat administration. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, That one guy said:

Trump told a crowd of supporters a week later that the remains of 200 Americans “have been sent back.” Military officials later denied that, but told reporters that they expected the remains to arrive within days and had made prearrangements for their arrival, such as storing caskets at the DMZ. - Washington Post

9 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

What is going on here?

Am I wrong or in Vietnam wasn’t the deal that we the US when things started thawing were allowed to go search for and identify remains, right? - eta - Vietnam didn’t just have our guys in a vault somewhere IIRC. We had to go get them ourselves.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006