What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

North Korea thread (6 Viewers)

He tried & failed just like everyone before him.  So he should have not tried?   At least Trump didn't give a bunch of concessions & money to NK like Clinton & Madeline.  They were played like a fiddle.  Trump's mistake?  Telling us that that NK was going to abandon their nukes.  Outrage over no deal with North Korea???   Come on guys, let's get back to debasing Sarah Sanders for being fat & stupid.
He conceded more than anyone had before.

irishidiot said:

I'll bite. What did he give them?
A photo op.

Remember when George Costanza got the picture of the model and used it to get into all the cool clubs and get sympathy attention from women who thought he was a widower? Well, that's what the summit meeting accomplished for Kim. That meeting elevates his status with all the cool countries, making them less likely to cut him off.

Also, Trump gave Kim another thing that no other president gave him: extra time to rebuild his nuke program without scrutiny. Every other president kept pressure on NK, but not Trump. Trump is allowing Kim to rebuild his nuke program right now and we aren't saying a damn thing about it.

Reduction of US forces in South Korea. Ringing endorsement and treated as an equal, with an upcoming visit to the White House. Probability of opening up trade. Being cast as a sympathetic figure for Ren for all the poor, starving North Korean children. A Donald Trump-autographed record.

Reduction of US forces in South Korea. Ringing endorsement and treated as an equal, with an upcoming visit to the White House. Probability of opening up trade. Being cast as a sympathetic figure for Ren for all the poor, starving North Korean children. A Donald Trump-autographed record.
See, that was my understanding as well however when challenged I couldn't find sufficient backup.  Link?

The Pentagon announced Tuesday that Ulchi-Freedom Guardian, an intensive military readiness exercise involving tens of thousands of U.S. and South Korean troops, would not take place this August. This confirmed one of the most remarkable outcomes of the June 12 Trump-Kim summit — when President Trump announced at a news conference that the United States would suspend military exercises with South Korea.

Calling these exercises “provocative” and “expensive,” Trump also suggested that he was willing to consider removing all 28,500 U.S. troops stationed in South Korea in exchange for North Korean advances toward its denuclearization pledge.

Perfect, thank you.  I'm not always good at internetting.

The Pentagon announced Tuesday that Ulchi-Freedom Guardian, an intensive military readiness exercise involving tens of thousands of U.S. and South Korean troops, would not take place this August. This confirmed one of the most remarkable outcomes of the June 12 Trump-Kim summit — when President Trump announced at a news conference that the United States would suspend military exercises with South Korea.

Calling these exercises “provocative” and “expensive,” Trump also suggested that he was willing to consider removing all 28,500 U.S. troops stationed in South Korea in exchange for North Korean advances toward its denuclearization pledge.

Perfect, thank you.  I'm not always good at internetting.
I had a 12-yo show me how to find stuff on it other than pr0n. There's a lot out there. Who knew.

A photo op.

Remember when George Costanza got the picture of the model and used it to get into all the cool clubs and get sympathy attention from women who thought he was a widower? Well, that's what the summit meeting accomplished for Kim. That meeting elevates his status with all the cool countries, making them less likely to cut him off.

Also, Trump gave Kim another thing that no other president gave him: extra time to rebuild his nuke program without scrutiny. Every other president kept pressure on NK, but not Trump. Trump is allowing Kim to rebuild his nuke program right now and we aren't saying a damn thing about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/world/asia/trump-troops-south-korea.html

He proposed looking into reducing the troops in May prior to the big meeting. And like Matthias posted, has already canceled all military exercises. 

I'll bite, what else did we give up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well your 1st contention is wrong.   Ringing endorsement?  You were all up in arms when he called him Rocket man.  Which way do you want it?  Next-Is there a date set for the White house visit?    Next:  "probability" I think is the key word here.  Date set yet?   "cast as a sympathetic figure"  Guess I didn't really glean that but if that's your take more power to you.  And last but not least:   "autographed record"?  I doubt that is much of a concession.  IMO

irishidiot said:

Ringing endorsement? You were all up in arms when he called him Rocket man
Why do you think it has to be one or the other?

Do you really think that it's not possible for a human being to condemn without using petty name calling?

Why do you think it has to be one or the other?

Do you really think that it's not possible for a human being to condemn without using petty name calling?
"Honey, I'm going to need you to do both.  Stop sleeping with the neighbor and stop stabbing him in the crotch with a knife."

irishidiot said:
Well your 1st contention is wrong.   Ringing endorsement?  You were all up in arms when he called him Rocket man.  Which way do you want it?  Next-Is there a date set for the White house visit?    Next:  "probability" I think is the key word here.  Date set yet?   "cast as a sympathetic figure"  Guess I didn't really glean that but if that's your take more power to you.  And last but not least:   "autographed record"?  I doubt that is much of a concession.  IMO
When you have a crazy dictator who's working on nukes, it's a bad idea to push towards military conflict. It's also unnecessary and unseemly to treat him as a legitimate leader and suck his #### in public. 

In most of life, there's more than 2 options on things. Today you learned.

When you have a crazy dictator who's working on nukes, it's a bad idea to push towards military conflict. It's also unnecessary and unseemly to treat him as a legitimate leader and suck his #### in public. 

This started with you saying that Trump gave up way more concessions to NK than Clinton.   I asked what concessions Trump gave up.  Your answer was basically nothing except for we gave Kim

You started by saying that Trump gave way more concessions to NK than Clinton. Your recent reply carries an element of smugness but a little info on the Clinton deal:

For 16 months, Gallucci and his team conducted intense negotiations with North Korea. The countries locked horns on what it would take for North Korea to stop producing nukes. Finally, they came to an agreement—the Agreed Framework.

Just four pages long, the agreement said that North Korea would shut down its main nuclear reactor in Yongbyon, abandon two others, and seal fuel that could potentially be used to create a nuclear weapon. In exchange, the U.S. would provide oil to make up for the fuel lost from the dismantled plants and would build two new “light fuel” plants from which it would be harder to extract nuclear materials. If North Korea did try to get fuel out of the new plants, it would be easy for nuclear watchdogs to identify—and hard to hide. In addition, the agreement promised that the U.S. would lift economic sanctions and its diplomatic freeze on North Korea and agree that it would not use nuclear weapons of its own on North Korea.

Thanks for the "learned" lesson though.

So....are you not going to update on the NK denuclearization and war remains return?
Maybe let it play out and don’t act like a little child whenever a liberal publication posts something negative? Relations are way better than when chubs was firing rockets over Japan and torturing US hostages so complaining just looks like more of the same. Your a broken record with no credibility.   :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Trump said hundreds of families stopped him on the campaign trail and said they wanted their sons’ remains returned.
He must have meant "sons" in the "sons of liberty" sense and not the literal sense. Or else there's hundreds of 110 year olds attending campaign events. It's not like he would just make something up!

Perhaps...the point is that tensions escalated because of Trumps actions and now he and his supporters want everyone to credit Trump for having those tensions now lower...
We aren't any better off today with NK than we were when Trump took office.  I guess the good news is, we aren't any worse off either.

Uh yes we are?? Why are you being obtuse. Is Kim currently doing rocket testing?
They’re not getting rid of their nukes. They’re increasing the amount of their nukes. 

We gave NK prestige while gaining nothing in return. Trump looks like an idiot. Sorry but that’s the truth. 

They’re not getting rid of their nukes. They’re increasing the amount of their nukes. 

We gave NK prestige while gaining nothing in return. Trump looks like an idiot. Sorry but that’s the truth. 
Link besides the link that specifically says it has nothing to do with the summit agreement? Prestige LOL. And you did not answer my question. A simple yes or no will suffice. Has Kim tested any rockets since the summit.

Uh yes we are?? Why are you being obtuse. Is Kim currently doing rocket testing?
He accidentally blew up one of his testing facilities.  Last I heard they had halted launching unarmed rockets and moved on to increasing their nuclear program by upgrading their primary enrichment site, seem to have a couple "secret" sites where enrichment has picked up steam, creation of more mobile launch vehicles for ballistic missiles, and also increased production of solid fuel engine driven missiles.

But you're making sho's point for him if this is your bar.  They weren't doing rocket testing in any meaningful manner prior to our current "president" being at the wheel.  Those "tests" escalated as a result of rhetoric from our government all the while the above was happening under other administrations and continue under this one.  That's why I say we aren't really in that much of a different place today than we were the day before our "president" took over.  If you want to give our "president" credit for putting out a fire he poured gasoline on, go for it.  Knock yourself out.

Link besides the link that specifically says it has nothing to do with the summit agreement? Prestige LOL. And you did not answer my question. A simple yes or no will suffice. Has Kim tested any rockets since the summit.
BBC has a full report on what's going on in NK...you should check it out :thumbup:  

Thankfully people like @The Commish don't get to decide what is meaningless or meaningful for the American people. 
I don't know what this even means.  There is no such thing as "meaningful/meaningless for the American people".  Meaning is a personal measure.  We all decide for ourselves what is/isn't meaningful.  If it's meaningful for you that our "president" put out a fire he started, then good for you :thumbup:  

I really do encourage you to go read the reporting at the BBC regarding NK.  It's really good work.

Users who are viewing this thread